X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteI like the park [MA-15]

more_horiz
The end of the cigarette glowed red like a hot coal, glowing brighter as Ryan took a drag of the carcinogenic laden stick and blew the smoke in small clouds from his nostrils. It was wasn’t the sunniest day, yet it wasn’t something that one could call dark and dreary either, just a normal day in New York City for everyone’s favorite lovable goofball. His brother was likely off doing his usual job, and Ryan had a day off, which meant that he would have to make the most of it and sadly that was not what he was doing. Of course sitting at home and playing video games was not seizing the day, but sitting around in a park was by no means taking advantage of it either. The male rubbed his forearm and removed the cigarette from his mouth, sighing and exhaling another cloud of the semi-transparent smoke.

”Maybe I can watch a movie, there should be something good on…like that one movie with the vampires and the samurai.” He muttered to himself, rubbing his chin and hmmming really lowly as if that would help his thought process any. ”Or maybe I could do a little shopping, buy myself a new shirt and sport that around.” As far as Ryan was concerned, there were a lot of things that he could do in New York City, and there were just a lot of limiting factors that kept him from doing so. Mostly it was the whole saving up money thing, but not as if he were going to spend every penny that he had saved up in one day, or that would reflect poorly upon Ryan in general.

He was dressed simply, in faded blue jeans, a band tee and a black leather jacket that he usually enjoyed wearing around. The reason behind him wearing it almost everywhere was the small fact that it was a gift from his twin, so there was some kind of sentimentality there. Finishing off the cigarette, Ryan would find the nearest wastebin and flick the thing into it, smacking his lips a few times and looking to the sky for a moment, enjoying the sight of the lazy clouds before turning his mind to more important matters than clouds; like that movie that he was contemplating seeing, and the….overpriced popcorn that he would have likely bought anyway. A movie was not quite the same without popcorn, and laden with butter, you cannot forget the butter.

He found himself grinning widely as he thought of the popcorn that he could eat, walking on a little faster than he intended and within a few seconds he was walking face first into a tree. It may have not hurt him, but it still was enough of a shock to send him on his butt, Ryan rubbing his face and looking to the tree with a glare as if it were all its fault. ”I…should probably watch where I’m going.” he muttered

descriptionCompleteRe: I like the park [MA-15]

more_horiz
Skye was sitting on the tree's branch barely three feet above where Ryan's head was when he banged right into the tree.  Sure, a cloudy day wasn't the smartest day for Skye to come out on but she felt so cooped up that she had to hit the park.  She wore a black hoody with the hood up, covering the blonde hair she had that was lit up with electricity that rippled constantly.  Under the hood however no one saw the power of it.   She had sunglasses on as well for her eyes, even though she had them controlled, were still yellow and an abnormal color.  

When the young man hit the tree, the tree shook because of the force he hit it and Skye wasn't exactly holding on. She fell right out.  With an oof, the young mutant was on her back and groaned.  Black rubber gloves like that of a surgeon were on her hands as she brought her right hand to her head and felt for her sunglasses.  They had flown off and her eyes were shut tightly.

"Fuck."  She said out loud, and laid where she was, not even knowing that her hood was down as well, exposing the bright blonde electrical strands besides the bright shine under her eye lids.  Slowly, she sat up and scrambled to tucked her hair under her hood, still not opening her eyes as she felt around for her sunglasses.  "Come on... where are you....?"  Skye said, not knowing that the person who hit the tree was still there.  She thought she was alone.

more_horiz
The sound of someone swearing out loud caught Ryan off guard, as he blinked a couple of times and looked around. The girl was dressed in mostly black, which was probably hot and uncomfortable even on  this warm day, Ryan looking strangely at her with a head cocked to the side. It seemed that she was searching for something along the ground eyes closed tightly, and a pair of sunglasses that were a few feet out of her reach. Ryan reached out for them before saying something, a little hesitant. ”Um, you lookin for these?” Ryan asked hesitantly handing to the sunglasses to her, waiting until she took them and withdrew his hand.

”Sorry about knockin you out of the tree.” He apologized chuckling lightly. ’I wasn’t paying attention, and I kinda went wham into the tree.” he said making hand motions and small sound effects that were what one would call childish. ”So…um are you okay?” Ryan asked standing to his feet, ruffling his own hair up, running fingers through it and straightening the strands out.

more_horiz
Skye thanked him as sh took her sunglasses and put them on before she smiled.  "Oh it's you.  Ryan. You don't remember me from last night?"  Skye smiled and stood up and sighed, knowing he was safe to take the gloves off for last night she was able to touch 'Ryan' without hurting him.  She put them in her pocket and hugged him tightly.

"I wasn't sure I was going to see you again.  You were the first person I could touch in so long.  You really were just so kind to me but then you left.  Wait, why are you looking at me like that?"  Skye asked and backed up, removing her sunglasses and her bright yellow eyes looked at Ryan closely.  She raised her red eye brow, lowered her hood, not caring that humans were around and that it was the day time.  "It's me... Skye... You said you were going to help me get these bangles off my wrists....the ones M.R.D put on me...Why do you keep staring at me like that?"  Skye began to cry, her tears not normal tears but yellow and electrified. As they hit her chin they flew right into the bangle and she winced from the pain.

more_horiz
Ryan looked at her confused as she stated that she knew him, saying his name without him even having told her his name and kind of freaking him out. How did she know his name? Was she some kind of stalker that followed him or was it something else entirely? She spoke as if she had seen him earlier, yet he did not remember seeing such a pretty girl before, well one with such glowy hair anyway and the eyes were kinda interesting. Then came the water works and the guy grew kinda worried, even though the tears were a weird electric yellow color much like her hair.

”I’m sorry, I don’t really know who you are. I mean you seem like a nice enough girl but I can’t say I’ve ever met you.” His eyes followed the tears that were falling down, being sucked up into the bangles through some manner of science magic. It was strange for him to forget someone, as he would usually remember someone with such distinct features. He looked to her now sounding more concerned than really confused, as if he had hit her dog and felt really bad about that.

more_horiz
Skye was so confused, she had talked to the very man in front of hr.  The voice was the same but everything else different.  The Ryan she had talked to was different in mannerism, this Ryan was just different and then it clicked.  "Wait... You look exactly like the guy I talked to yesterday but he wore a different outfit, walked different, talked different.. I had a friend who was an identical twin and I always got them confused with each other until they spoke.... Do you have a brother?"  She asked, it all clicking together.  

She pulled away from him, embarrassed completely, feeling horrible for hugging a complete stranger since that's what he was.  The Ryan she met yesterday was not this man.  "I am so sorry.  I was just so thrilled to see you.. um... him again because I haven't touched someone in 4 years... my curse makes me electrical on touch.... and I was able to touch him.... it was amazing... and I can touch you... There's no words on how to describe that feeling but... now I feel like I've invaded your personal space..."  Again, she began to freak out and quickly tucked her hair under hr hood and put the sun glasses on before any other person spotted hat she was.  She took i a deep breath and looked down, so ashamed of herself.

more_horiz
She said something about having met someone similar to him yesterday, yet that could not be possible, unless it was possible. He would have assumed that it ews Austyn, but then again that also suggested that he had some kind of ability that made electrical touches not work. ”I have a twin, but he’s just a human. Takes electrical shocks as well as any other guy would.” he explained simply, rubbing his chin now wondering if there was someone else that was going around as him. ”Unless I have a triplet that I don’t know about….or maybe some kind of weird shape shifter is taking my form because of strange vendetta against me.” His mind snapped from the electrokinetic to the possibilities of how she had met before. He stood to his feet and let his mind run over this, calculating and calculating. ”Um…you haven’t invaded my personal space.” Ryan noted snapping back to the conversation.

more_horiz
Skye was so confused, she had invaded his space when she hugged him but that wasn't the time to correct him, right now she was confused on who it was she was talking to yesterday.

"I was talking about hugging you.... and it was someone who looked like you yesterday no doubt in my mind sir."

more_horiz
Ryan perhaps did not really notice the hug, but that was mostly due to the fact she had claimed to have met him before, which tends to confuse someone. ”Oh the whole hugging thing.” Ryan noted rubbing his chin. ”yeah, should avoid the whole random hugging thing, its kind rude and I barely even know you. I think people get restraining orders for things like that.” he muttered mostly to himself, hmming as he went back to wondering who it was that looked like him. ”Might be the triplet, triplets are likely.” He muttered scratching the back of his head.

more_horiz
Skye raised a brow at him, confused at what he was talking about.  "He sounded just like you wore a shire ta said mutant rights.  Why would he claim his name was Ran if it wasn't?"  She asked, and backed up, shy now ad scared that she had made him feel as awkward a she felt.

more_horiz
”I dunno why someone would.” He said with a shrug huffing lightly to himself. It was all starting to get weird, this whole someone pretending to be him thing, not that he would likely be paying too much mind to this later. His mind was what one would call....a mess, so he was not always thinking on things for too long of a time. The male drew a small packet of cigarettes from his pocket, lighting it with a beaten lighter and letting it set between his lips. ”I know a few friends of mine who have a shirt like that, but none of them that look like me, well I know no one that have a shirt like that who also look like me.” Ryan would nod to himself. ”Eh my brain hurts.” Ryan would whine lightly as he inhaled the sweet nicotene and exhaled a small cloud of smoke.

more_horiz
"Maybe your brother is a mutant and just never told you... after all you are an identical twin...right?"  Skye suggested and shrugged.  She felt so strange chatting with Ryan, knowing it was not the same Ryan as the other day.  She was just as confused as he was.  

"Has your brother ever claimed to be you before?"  She asked thinking it over. It was the only explanation she could think of. It wasn't like any mutants she knew could copy others shape and sound except Mystic but she had not seen that mutant in a long time.  Plus why would Mystic mess with them?

more_horiz
”No it can't be. He like took one of those mutant tests not too long ago, and it said he wasn't one.” Ryan said shaking his head and instantly dismissing the possibility, as it was not likely one could fool one of those tests. ”Don't think he's ever went around pretending to be me either, couldn't do it.” He muttered crossing arms over his chest and humming to himself. ”Oh well, not like it matters I guess, as long as my doppelganger doesn't go around breaking things or stuff like that.” He began mostly babbling to himself.

more_horiz
Skye nodded and sighed.  The entire conversation was very awkward to say the least.  "Wanna call your brother and we can settle it?  Might be a good way to see..."  She suggested and smiled, trying to break the tension.

"This is really awkward... isn't it?"

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum