X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteNo Rest For The Wicked - (PG-13)

more_horiz
Scarlett was suspended from her duties for time being, after the stunt she pulled at the prison. By using the mutants against X-Men, she ensured her swift downfall. It didn't bother Scarlett a bit, since she got patched up and had a new look now. Sitting in her cell like the rest of the mutants there, she starred at the ceiling. Maybe someone was going to come by and rescue the damsel in distress.

She heard about the new agent, Williams, of course she wasn't going to kiss anyone's as to get back on a playing field. If they need her help they'll let her out. If not, well...Scarlett didn't mind little peace and quiet.

Last edited by Scarlett Hawthorne on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: No Rest For The Wicked - (PG-13)

more_horiz
There was a tapping as a baton was run across the jail cell bars. The thudding of boots drawing closer to the cell as an armored figure came into sight. The man was in a rather updated M.R.D uniform, outfitted to be one of the upper-leveled field agents that were sent on the important kind of "errands". This stood to question why he was HERE, in front of Scarlett's cell. The gas-masked man grunted as he opened the cell, weapon ready. "Scarlett Hawthorne. Your bail was paid. Please follow me" The soldier said. His words were true enough, her bail had been posted and paid, and now she was requested to follow him. She could either follow him willingly, begrudgingly or even dancing if she chose. The man didn't care so long as she followed him to their destination, though it wasn't to freedom.

At a good look around it became quite clear why no one had ever escaped the M.R.D facility. Security was tighter than a chastity belt, and the several guards were all well trained and all well armed. Assuming that the woman followed the man like she was asked, she would be led to a dressing room with one way in and one way out. She would be deposited at the dressing room and the door locked behind her through an electromagnetic locking mechanism. When she was finished dressing with her old "belongings" she was free to enter the next room, a synthetic voice welcoming her as "Agent Hawthorne" and a man with jet black spiked hair, a suit and glasses over his eyes waited for her. He would say nothing, only watch the woman and see how she reacted to the circumstances presented, one hand in his pants pocket and the other hand holding a glass of water.

more_horiz
A sound was coming closer and closer to Scarlett's cell. She wasn't expecting much, maybe just a free card out of this hell hole would be nice. 

"Scarlett Hawthorne. Your bail was paid. Please follow me"

Scarlett looked up from her book. "Bail paid...interesting." she muttered under her breath. Her cell opened up. "Is someone coming to pay bail for all the mutants locked up here as well. Or am I the exception?" It almost sounded like she cared, but she knew the bail wasn't the issue. Scarlett liked to believe that she was the best out there. Her methods might not have been ethical, but they were effective and she'd be dammed if anyone got in her way. She threw her legs over the bunk and pushed out, jumping to the ground with ease. 

Without another statement, Scarlett followed the man out of the cell. It was just easier to see what happened to her then to fight her way. Walking down the hall, she noticed they were taking her to get her stuff back. Grabbing in at one end and walking out at the other made her feel like she was being judged. But Scarlett was at the other end of the spectrum. She was the one doing the judging. Throwing on her clothes and her famous leather trench coat, she didn't bother zipping it up. Clicking her gun belt and putting on her glasses, Scarlett stood proud in her possessions. When she reached to stick her gun into holsters, they weren't there.

"Where the hell are my weapons?" she asked the man.

more_horiz
The woman would get herself dressed and when she finally arrived she had one question on her mind. "Where the hell are my weapons?" she posed the question to him. A lot could be spoken for someone who acted as she did. Strong, independent, though perhaps a little crude and rash at times. But those faults could be patched, hidden and even corrected. Williams smiled and chuckled as he took a sip from the water and stepped forward letting out a refreshed and satisfied "aaaahhhh." Before he looked back to Scarlett. He sighed before reaching up with his free hand and removing his tech-glasses. With the glasses slipping into his pocket he feigned weakness. The woman saw him with glasses, meaning faulty eyes. Then he removed them which means he was at a disadvantage he wasn't at moments before. What she wouldn't have known, was the contact lenses he had been wearing.

"They were outdated, rudimentary little toys. We'll get you armed with something a little more up to date when we've finished here." He assured her, not being condescending, rather he was being truthful. He took a sip form the water again, examining and anticipating her reactions as best he could. "I'll get down to brass tax. You're reckless and utterly careless." He said with a sigh as he placed the glass of water down on the floor. He stood tall once more with proper posture and examined her, he was testing her temper now as well as many other things. "But.... you're brilliant. You're cutthroat. You're one of the few people who would have been brilliant enough to try and use mutants to fight mutants." He removed his suit jacket and folded it in half and bent it over his forearm.

"My name is Agent Williams, I'm the director of research for the M.R.D and I'm on an entirely different level of operation. A level of operation I want YOU to come to." He was very straight forward about his reasoning for her being here, for the backhanded means of freeing her from detainment. "We have the same idea, the same goal in sight... and above all else...I have a plan."

more_horiz
Keeping her careless expression, Scarlett did not looked impressed at all. She worked here and was not going to be told around. 
"They were outdated, rudimentary little toys. We'll get you armed with something a little more up to date when we've finished here."
"I am sorry, I don't think you are hearing me correctly," said Scarlett, putting her hands into her pockets of a long coat. "I don't want anything knew, and my weapons were not rudimentary little toys."
So far this Williams guy did not make a good first impression on Scarlett. Whoever he was, she did not care to know. He got her out of her cell and she was not going to be thankful to him. She shouldn't have been there to begin with. What she did was all right in her mind. Maybe she was twisted in her mind, perhaps even delusional but Scarlett attempted to do what everyone failed or was to weak to do. She fought animals with animals.

"I'll get down to brass tax. You're reckless and utterly careless."
"Maybe I am, but I'm sure as hell not going to change just because few bosses' don't agree with me." said Scarlett, smirking. When he started to complement her, Scarlett was taken aback a bit. No one has ever told her that before. Maybe she was a cutthroat. A bit of  a bitch, but she was effective. 

"My name is Agent Williams, I'm the director of research for the M.R.D and I'm on an entirely different level of operation. A level of operation I want YOU to come to."
Scarelett laughed out loud. It was more of a laught of radicule than sarcasm. "I have to say...you've got some balls to ask me to join your miserable team." Scarlett hated working under people, meaning she loved being a boss and having to work for someone else was not her style. She would fight him every step of the way, even if it meant being fired from M.R.D. "And don't you even try guilting me into making me part of one of you. I don't work for anyone, I make others work for me."

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum