X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteSelf control

more_horiz
Events in this thread took place before vitale was kidnapped and when he was still at the school.....

Arabella stood with her arms crossed over her chest. She was dressed for training in her running shorts and a tank top from home. She was here to practice her powers and self control with professor Vitale. She rolled her eyes and stood with one hip jutted out and full of attitude. " This is utterly useless professor. I dont see what the use is in doing these same exercises over and over. Im not getting any better at this. If anything im getting worse."

She was fighting the migraine throbbing in her skull. She wanted to kick someone through a wall. If she kept going at this pace she was in for another one of her famous nosebleeds.

descriptionCompleteRe: Self control

more_horiz
Arabella was getting better. The girl could not see it, but it was never easy to see when one was getting better when it was THEM who was worn out, ragged and tired. The exercises that Vitalè had preached to Arabella were the exercises that required both mental and physical strain. It was this strain which exercised both the body and mind, made them stronger and ultimately would help Arabella. He crossed his arms, mirroring her as his Victorian cloak graced the ground. His mutation was not a mystery to her, he had shown her long ago. Though it was unintentional. Little girls like her wandering about at night attract vampires. The Vampire cornered her, taunted her and teased her about the meal he was about to enjoy. Unfortunately for the loudmouth Vampire, Vitalè was watching. He appeared all formal, like a gentleman and interrupted. He seemed normal until he told the vampire to come to him. His glowing eyes and vampiric hypnotism overpowering the lesser vampire, and he devoured the creature that would have made a meal of Arabella.

It was from that point on she knew about him. He didn't expect her to tell anyone...but he didn't expect her to keep it a secret without using it as blackmail. Eventually Vitalè evened the field by learning of Arabella, and offering to try and "coach" her in her control. The first thing he had done was give her a necklace that assisted his wife with her "memory and soul manipulation" issues. The next thing he did was run her ragged physically. She was mentioning about how she was getting worse. That as good, because that meant she was tired. "Fine. Come here... it is time for the real exercise. Now that your body is tired your mind will be weary...and that is when... THIS is when we put it under the greatest of pressures." He said, clapping his hands together. "Are you ready for your hardest challenge yet?" He asked, looking for affirmation.

more_horiz
Ara rolled her eyes for the millionth time today. She wiped some sweat from her forehead with the back of her arm. She was tired and wanted to kill someone but she wasnt going to give Professor the satisfaction of seeing her break.

She took a step forward and nodded. " Alright. Lets do this. Same as before. Tell me if im hurting you or taking too much." She slowly reached out for his face with her bare hand. She really didnt enjoy going through over a hundred years of memories.

more_horiz
Vitalè was totally prepared. He knew how to hold on tightly to his memories, to keep them safe from the hands of memory thief's and those who would otherwise tamper with them. It was one of the many blessings his wife had been to him. Her knowledge and expertise in the area taught him to be stronger, no never forget what was dear. She would be allowed to process through his memories, he remained calm, and resisted the theft, while still attempting to allow the reading and sorting through. Occasionally the young woman proved her power by snagging forth fragments form his memories, but alas she could never claim his soul, as it had long since gone to be at it's final peace, leaving the mortal shell bound and restless until it slept once, and forever more.

Arabella would find herself in a unique situation however. She had been drawn, her consciousness would be forced and thrust into his mind, and she would see the events that led him to become who he was. She would see him, a helpless man with a bit one his neck. The time period was not too far away, maybe a dozen years or even less. It was when he became a vampire. There were voices, the evil whispers of the manifestation of his hunger. It was "Forsaken". Perhaps Arabella could see the resemblance between Professor Muraro and Silus Mason now. Professor Muraro, exactly as Silus, had an evil manifestation of his powers, one he had conquered and locked deep within. The whispers were to feed, to find his son, to feed from the newborns flesh and ascend him into the ranks of the undead. Then the whispers to kill his wife. He refused, he fled and only returned to his family years later when he had mastered his hunger. When he arrived however, he saw only a tombstone to his wife, and a tombstone to his son. She would feel his pain, his agony as he physically reached in and with vampiric claws carved out his own heart and vowed to never feed from a human being again.

The memory forced Professor Muraro out and he wiped his forehead as he stepped back and gasped for air. "Very...very good. Excellent, now just give me a moment..." He asked. He looked to his wife's necklace, which was now with Arabella and he smiled. "Why start so close to our present? You did not start as far back as you usually have before. What changed?" he inquired, hoping that she would be ready to answer the question effectively.

more_horiz
Arabella hadnt told him how much this session was taking out of her. She wanted to prove she was strong. She put her hands on either side of his face. She gasped as she was sucked in deep. She was usually at least vaugely concious of her surroundings but this time was different. She was deep.

She couldnt even feel the tattos of tb  memories as they burned into her skin. She wanted to pull her hands away. She didnt want to see all this pain. She meant to go deeper but she blamed her exhaustion. She was all too thankful when the professor severed the connection.

She bent over and gaspsed for air. She felt like she was going to throw up. Instead she felt something warm running from her nose and down her lip. She looked up at him with her nose bleeding. "Im sorry professor...i...that was strange. I couldnt control what memories i was accessing. Im sorry vitale."

more_horiz
"NO! no no no that was good! You started somewhere different! It wasn't the same! Something changed, " He said aloud, seemingly taking a great joy in her starting so close to the future. From The Professor's experience with his wife, starting with more frequent memories was actually more difficult for one who was not in "control" and so something must have been a saving grace. He would need to explore this. He looked to Arabella and his heart, as frozen and dead as it may be, filled with concern. It was not every day one undergoes a vampirism transformation AND losing their beloved so close in time. He quickly withdrew a handkerchief and handed it to her. The scent of blood filling his nose made his pupils dilate. What's that smell? Oh yeah. It's blood. And we're a vampire. Just a little bite maybe? Forsaken taunted him. He smiled as he appeared before Professor Muraro, a figment of his imagination.

"Arabella, rest. Just rest and take a moment. I'm here if you need me." HE assured her as he sat down and tried to actually breathe.

more_horiz
She sat down with her lanky legs bent. The nausea was slowly going away. She forced herself to breath deeply through her mouth while she used the handkerchief to stop the blood which was flowing pretty freely. She thought she was doing so good.

She choked out a light sob and the tears started to roll down her face. " Why am i even trying to do this. I'm just going to end up dying before any of this is worth it. The doctors back home tested me when my powers started showing up. They are killing me. They said at the rate my MRI was id be dead before i hit middle age." The handkerchief was reaching its limit and her nose was just starting to slow down. She looked up at him slowly.

more_horiz
"Since when have we allowed doctors to decide out lives for us? You are doing this because if you can master this...you WILL live. You may never die after that, IF you can work through this. Arabella... I've seen the impossible happen. I remember doing this with someone oh so long ago. It worked for her... it will work for you. I'm certain of this." He said as he smiled slightly. He repelled the beast within him. The blood would not claim him. It was beginning to creep within his min, but he would never do that. Never again. He sighed as he shook his head. "I'm sorry...I wish I could do more... but the only thing I can think of is training." he said with a sad and heavy heart. It was so unfortunate to see such youth die, such potential.... which is why he wouldn't let her die. He'd find a way to fix this. He promised himself. "This too shall pass. Work hard, keep fighting...and know that you have friends who will NEVER leave your side." He reminded her with a warm smile, but somewhat broken.

more_horiz
Arabella looked up at him defiantly. " I dont need anyone. I dont have friends. I dont need them either."Her tough girl exterior was back up. She tossed the handkerchief aside. She still had a little dried blood under her nose.

" Alright lets go again." She ignored the throbbing pain in her skull that was beginning to make her vision a little iffy. stood up straight and held out her hands ready to dive back into his mind again. She was going to prove the professor right. She was strong.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum