X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteCreating lighting (pg-13)

more_horiz
With the help of the new top dogs of the brotherhood, Skye had really begun to control her gifts.  The only problem was that he bangles still remained on her wrists despite her desire for them to be removed.  She didn't know why Shikon had not removed them as he had promised.  Skye had stopped bringing the subject up long ago and now that the weather was beginning to cool, she decided to take to practicing her powers outside now that her control was better.

Shikon had taught her many thins especially getting her entire body to turn electrical almost as if her entire body was electricity.  She tried her hardest to replicate that day but it hurt and was hard with the bangles but it never stopped the blonde mutant from trying.  She also wanted to be touched again by others.  She wanted to learn to make her skin touchable and not electrical.  It was hard for her. 

Today, Se began with concentrating, her eyes turning bright yellow and clouds began to form as thunder boomed with every strike of lighting she made.  She was beginning to make lighting out of the air rather than her body and she loved the thrill of knowing she could do it. 

The sky turned almost black as three bolts of lighting flowed down and into her body, causing a loud thunderous boom that shook the Brotherhood mansion.  Skye just grinned and made the lighting that hi hr turn into three small electrical balls that she juggles in her hands.  The bangles then absorbed them. She repeated this three more times, not caring ifshe was making too much noise.  Skye was having a blast.

"If only these bangles were off could this be a bit more fun."

Last edited by Skye Perkins on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: Creating lighting (pg-13)

more_horiz
Shikon watched silently as Skye practiced. He was watching, waiting, and learning. Skye was strong but those bangles kept her true powers hidden. When he'd finally seen enough he walked out from behind the tree. Slowly he walked to stand next to her. He smiled at her, although it was a smile devoid of any real happiness. He popped his knuckles and neck. Looking at the sky and the clouds he spoke.

"Not bad, a real improvement. Still pretty weak by my standards, but better. Has practice been going well? Never mind, it obviously has if you can control the weather like that."

more_horiz
Skye wasn't surprised when Shikon came out from the shadows.  She smiled at him and listened before she rubbed the bangles in habit.

"Getting better, I found out I can do that with the weather, almost like I'm pulling the electricity from the air and creating the storm.  It feels so cool.  I just wish these were gone, I could only imagine hat else I can do... I still wish that my skin was 't dangerous to touch also."  She sighed and looked at the ground and shot out a blue electrical lighting bolt that stretched t the clouds and lingered for a moment before disappearing.  "What do you think?"

Last edited by Skye Perkins on Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Shikon smiled genuinely this time. It was impressive, but she could do better. "Have you been practicing your skin thing? Forcing it under the skin rather than on top? Also that lightning trick is pretty impressive!"

Shikon took a step forward and looked Skye up and down. She was doing way better than he had imagines hse would with the bangles. "I've been looking into a way to get the bangles off. Wanna hear what I have so far?"

more_horiz
Skye smiled when he did, proud of herself.  She remembered the first time she had used her powers with Shikon and how she had made him force her to get angry and use her powers in painful ways but in the end it was helpful.  She wanted to make him respect her more and more.  Almost like it was a pride thing now.  She had to prove herself worthy.

"I just got the lighting trick a few days ago working the way I want it to.  And yes, I've tried to get the electricity under the skin but it just won't go.  There's too much in me.  I feel it flowing and there's just no outlet but the surface of my skin.  It's almost like I'm a human lighting bolt or live wire as some of the others have called me."  She chuckled slightly and perked up when she heard him say he had ideas for her bangles.

"Of course I want to hear.  I want these fuckers off badly.  You know that.  So what do you have?"  She stretched  a bit and looked at Shikon with her yellow eyes, dimming them down a bit so she wouldn't blind him.  As she did so, the clouds above her began to dissipate and the sun began to shine over them.

more_horiz
Shikon laughed a little. He always found Skye's eagerness amusing. Most people would turn away after he got serious with their training, but Skye had too much pride to just turn away. She was always trying to show him that she was worthy of his teachings, and he was proud of her for that. Although if he was ever asked he'd never admit to it. "Well if I remember correctly the M.R.D. put those on you right? And if that's the case then what do you say to a little adventure?" 

Shikon gave a devil's smirk, and then he waited for her response. Certainly she would get the point of his meaning. After all Skye was one of his most bright students.

more_horiz
As he mentioned going on a trip and the M.R.D, Skye's eyes widened.  She had been asked this by another mutant about going on a trip to get them to take them off.  She feared going back to the M.R.D, she would never admit that to Shikon, but it showed instantly in her face.  Still, she didn't want to let him down and forced a smile.

"Just the two of us?"  She asked, hesitantly, she didn't want to seem scared.  She wanted him to see her as brave and ready to do what needed to be done, but after everything that M.R.D did to her, Skye wasn't so sure.

more_horiz
Shikon laughed really hard. He knew about a lot of things. He yawned and put his hands behind his head. Looking at the sky he smiled. The air was nice, it was a good day, and he had a plan in motion. 
"Skye you don't have to come with me, but I would certainly enjoy the company. I promise that I would die before I let the M.R.D. touch you again. We can get the bangles off no problem."

more_horiz
Lakai stepped out seductively in a skirt way too short and a camisole. Her makeup on her face was dark and almost gothic. She sucked at a lolipop. "Arent you two fucking adorable. Looks like our boy shikon here likes em young. Glad to see you are soooo broken up about how things ended shiki. Thought i told you to get out." She slowly raised a gun at him while still sucking at her lolipop.

more_horiz
Skye paused, Lakai's appearance was sudden and unexpected as she was about to answer Shikon about M.R.D and getting the bangles off.  She had no idea about what the other female mutant was talking about but the gun was what made her eyes grow wide.  Almost instantly, the sky grew dark again and three lighting bolts flew down in front of Skye in fear creating loud thunder.

"I'm not involved in what ever it is you think Lakai... I was only practicing and he came out and helped me... Please don't shoot me..."  Skye said fast and panicked.  Her body seemed to glow brightly, her hair mostly but it seemed like she was creating an electrical shield around herself without even thinking as if to block a bullet if he was shot at.  It was a sight to see and Skye had no control over it due to her fear.  She didn't even seem to notice she was doing it as the sky was no longer sunny, but black and rumbled with thunder from the electricity Skye was pulling in.

more_horiz
Lakai smiled sweetly at skye though it seemed to still seem evil. "My problem is not with you dear girl. Its with that lying sack of shit. He knowa better. He was actually kicked out weeks ago. He actually dared to threaten me. Can you believe that?"

more_horiz
Shikon's eyes turned ice blue immediately. "Free country. I go where I want when I want. Get over."
Glaring at Skye he walked in front of her. "Don't cower before her Skye. There's no point. You wanna shoot me then do it. Bullets won't do anything, and you know that as much as I do Lakai."

Turning away Shikon threw his hand up in the air, and started to walk off. Looking over his shoulder he smiled. "Let's meet up tomorrow Skye. We need to make a plan of attack. Let's meet at Central Park or Time Square. It's up to you. I'll find you either way. Later." 
Then he walked off into the shadow of a tree and was gone.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum