X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteI'm Innocent (NC-17)

more_horiz
Chris was in a bad way. When the EMTs showed up at Sean's apartment, so did the NYPD and, given that he was the only one there with an unconscious girl on the group with strangle marks and evidence of being attacked, he was cuffed and put in the back of a squad car. While Arabella was on her way to the hospital, he was on his way to lockup as a suspect in attempted murder - a crime he didn't commit, but he couldn't tell them the truth either. If he told them a mutant broke in and attacked, he'd be found out as one and then the MRD would come for him; he didn't need nor want that attention.

The interrogation was painful. They accused him of breaking in and trying to force her into sex when things got out of hand. Despite his telling them that he was already there and someone else attacked her, they obviously didn't believe him. He was sitting in a small dim room with one table and two chairs, one of which was occupied by a detective and the other by Chris himself. The mirror on the wall was two-way and if not for the cuffs on his hands chaining him to the table, Chris would have his arms crossed out of habit.

"I was just trying to help her - I didn't do this! I've told you this, I don't know how many times already: she let me in, I fell asleep watching television and when I woke she was being attacked. I tried to save her! I wouldn't hurt her like that." Though he recapped what had really happened, the detective didn't seem moved at all and shook his head.

"Mmhmm... well your prints are all over her, Mr. Knowles, and we've got you booked on attempted murder with breaking and entering - you're looking at thirty years for this... and if that girl dies... life. We'll let you think on it and I'll be back."

"You've got the wrong person! The one that did this is still out there and she won't stop," he exclaimed as the detective walked out of the room leaving him in there alone. The man didn't care about what he said. The NYPD had him pegged as the assailant and the DA would likely agree. He was in a bad spot and could only hope Arabella would be okay. He'd failed yet another person that depended on him for safety. In his frustration, the lights of the NYPD precinct flickered erratically while he cupped his hands around his face.

descriptionCompleteRe: I'm Innocent (NC-17)

more_horiz
Alec had passed out pretty much when ara left with the young man. He knew nothing about him but yet still trusted him to keep his sister safe. Safe  enough to sleep for a while. He wasnt even sure how long he was asleep when the comotion in the icu woke him up. 

It was a flurry of activity as the staff brought in a critical patient. He stumbled out of bed and watched fromthe doorway as he drug his iv pole behind him. His eyes widened n  realized it was his sister. He stumbled quickly to the nurses station and wrote out a demand to be told what happened. He fused  believe the man attacked his sister. He started writing out a list of things the nurse atthe desk needed  dofor  whixh included getting his personal lawyer to the man in jail. Alec's ly had alot of political and financial pull.

more_horiz
Seconds ticked by and they turned into minutes and those minutes turned into over an hour with Chris sitting in the silence of the interrogation room waiting for the detective to return and repeat the same thing he'd been saying all night: you're screwed, Chris. With a sigh, the young man sat back in the chair and stared at his own reflection in the mirror on the wall as if looking past it at whoever was on the other side watching his every move. While he couldn't see whoever it was, he liked to hoped that someone in the building believed him innocent and not an attempted murderer of a foreign dignitary.

Then the handle on the door turned and Chris instinctively looked over toward it expecting the detective from before to yell at him some more about a crime he didn't commit. The surprise showed on his face when a well-dressed man stepped into the room with two uniformed police officers. At first, Chris suspected the man to be a federal agent and informing him that he was headed straight to the gas chamber without a trial, but when the man spoke while the cops undid the cuffs, things became clearer.

He was an attorney working for Alec Adair, Arabella's brother and the man whose life he'd saved. Apparently, he'd managed to get the DA to drop the charges and Chris was happy to finally have someone powerful on his side. He came to his feet and rubbed his wrists where the cuffs had been rubbing and stopped the man as he was about to leave. "Wait. How is she? Arabella... is she... alive, I mean... is she okay?"

"She's still in critical condition. Last reports have her in the ICU. She's alive, but only just."

Her being alive came as a relief to Chris since she hadn't been when he began CPR and he wanted to think that the jolt he gave her was enough to bring her back from the brink, but he still worried for her. "You have to get some of these cops to watch her! She's in danger!"

"Things are in motion, Mr. Knowles. I suggest you enjoy freedom a bit."

Chris took the man's advice and left the precinct. His truck had been taken to the impound and he wouldn't be able to retrieve it until the next day. He stuffed his hands into his pockets and sighed, hoping Arabella would be okay. Even in their short time knowing one another, he'd developed a fondness of sorts for the girl.

more_horiz
Alec felt endebted in the man whom had saved their lives. Strangers lives. Gave up his own personal tine even to guard arabella. Despite his nurses wishes he refused to rest until his demands were met. 

Satisfied his attorney did as told he waited until an official call was recieved that he had taken care of things. Alec had never been a fan of using his status or money to get things. He felt this was justified. So once the call went through he arranged for a check to be made out to mr knowles for 10 grand. He aldo arranged for a car to pick him up after he was released yo take him wherever he wanted to go.

more_horiz
Chris wasn't waiting outside of the precinct long before a black Rolls Royce pulled up in front of the building. He suspected it to be Alec's attorney's ride home for the night but when the well-dressed man walked down the steps and past the car to his own Mercedes parked in the nearby parking garage, the young man furrowed his brows in confusion at the vehicle. The driver stepped out and made his way over to him, asking if he was in fact Christopher Knowles to which the mutant nodded and was handed an envelope.

It all seemed cloak and dagger to him, but he opened it to reveal the check inside made out to him for the amount of ten thousand dollars. The amount made his eyes widen and he glanced up at the driver questionably. "What is this?"

"I was asked to give that to you and also offer you a ride to wherever you wish to go."

"You're serious," Chris asked to which the man nodded and the look on his face made it apparent that it was no trick. With a sigh and shrug, Chris moved over to the car as the man opened the back door for him; this was a practice he wasn't used to and he stopped for a moment before getting inside and allowing the man to close the door and get into the driver's seat. He asked where Chris wanted to go, though the former air force sergeant was still looking down at the check in his hand and hadn't really registered the question.

"JFK," he finally spoke and sat back in the seat, "JFK, please..." He had plans to return home to his family, mainly his brother. So much had happened since he had left that it felt at times like he'd lived two lives. He stared at the lights of the city as the car moved for what seemed like an eternity before spotting the lights of the hospital in the distance as they moved toward his selected destination. In that instant, he thought back to Arabella and how she looked when he last saw her. He couldn't leave her alone like that no matter what and knew he had to go back.

"You know, on second thought, let's go to Mount Sinai," he suggested looking back at the driver, "I'm sure that's where your boss wants me, anyway..." He then followed through with a mutter beneath his breath, "I hope she's alright."

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum