X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Here i come to save the day ( nc17)

descriptionCompleteRe: Here i come to save the day ( nc17)

more_horiz
Chris didn't say very much once Arabella woke. He was overjoyed to see her alive and talking, but the fact that she didn't know anyone apart from her brother and still believed them to be in England gave him cause for concern. Whatever had happened to her, it had affected her mind in some way and he liked to think it had something to do with being comatose for as long as she had been. If that were the case, all he could hope for was that it be temporary and not permanent as having to explain everything that had happened to her would be difficult.

"If you're a mutant, then you understand the sensitivity of this situation and wouldn't be so willing to throw her into a machine and allow people to marvel at her genetic differences," Chris added after Alec to the woman, "Alec knows his sister well enough to judge how she's going to react. Tests wouldn't be a good idea either. And considering that I've had a hand in both of their lives over the past while, I suppose Alec's words go for me as well."

The young man glanced at Alec and shook his head with a bit of a sigh then walked past him to the window and looked out, his arms crossed trying to get a mental handle on the situation. He could hear the talking behind him and when Alec went to explain to his sister what had happened with Lakai and walked over to the bedside.

"This mutant is also the one that saved you. Why, I don't know, but I'd still keep distance from her just to be safe,"
he added glancing at Alec for a second, "I can do a bit of legwork and look into what she's being treated for. Chances are, she's at the building right next door."

When Alec went on to explain what happened to their parents, Chris sighed and recrossed his arms having a bad feeling about how it was going to be taken by the girl in bed that still believed them to be alive.

more_horiz
Ara's smile dissapeared as she looked at the faces around the room. They werent kidding. She wanted to call him a liar but she knew her brother the best out of anyone. She looked at the strange man. He was so willing to help her and she didnt even know him.

She seemed like she was holding her breath the entire time then suddenly took a breath. Before alec could pull away her hand shot out and touched his cheek. She had to know. It was an invasion of mind but her own had holes that needed filled.

Her head jerked and it looked like she was staring straight ahead but her eyes glazed over and she seemed to completely space out. 

Suddenly all the souls she had absorbed screamed at once. Vitale screamed in pain, children from her childhood, people she bumped into on the street.

It was like they were all talking at once then all quieted. Suddenly she was on a street in london. Her father's horse was standing alone with his reins dangling. Ara was experiencing alec's memory from that day from his point of view. Why wasnt he with dad. They werent supposed to patrol alone. She couldnt stop it. She ran to the horse and patted his neck. Or alec did. It was confusing. She looked around for her father and saw him in the street. Blood was pooled around him. He had been beaten and shot in the head. His wallet was laying on his chest. Ara moved closer and went through it. His money,id, and transit tokens were all there but family photos were missing. All of the sudden alec looked up and was hit in the face with a gun. The person picked alec up buy his throat and tried to strangle him but alec kicked the person in the groin and pulled his gun. The guy pulled a riot stick and hit alec hard in the arm. There was a cracking sound. Alec dropped his gun and yelled in pain/rage. He rammed the guy in the gut and they both went down. Alec took his opportunity and made a run for it. He was almost to his own horse when the shot rang out and he felt a horrible burning pain in his leg. He forced himself to keep moving to his horse and jumped on. 

She galloped through the streets in the  pouring rain. It was strangely quiet on the streets. She cut through alleys and the horse jumped rubbish bins to make it to thier home. She jumped off of the horse in the driveway and ran into the house. Alec's voice screamed out their mother's name but she didnt answer. She searched room by room until she stopped at ara's room. Their mother was on the floor. She too had been horribly beaten but the difference is the killer had used a knife on her. She was cut up pretty bad with the worst being a gash on her neck. It looked like she had ran in here for some reason. Alec moved to her and craddled her head in his hands. She was already cold. She could hear police entering the family's mansion. She kissed her mother's forhead and noticed her fist was clenched around something. She pulled the paper out. It was ara's itinerary to the US and the address of the school.

The memory jumped ahead to alec arguing with his then boyfriend as he packed his bag. His boyfriend didnt want him to go while he was still healing from the gunshot to his leg. They had fought alot but this fight seemed serious. Her hold on his mind was loosening. The memory jumped to alec on the plane to america. He picked at a cane with a horse head handle. In the airport in america he left his cane on purpose. The next seven months shot through all of ara's head at once. All alec's memories.

Arabella was back in reality and she jerked her hand away with a small scream. She had experienced alec's memories as if she was him. There was still holes but she remembered chris this time. She started pulling off her monitors and grabbed her iv. Blood tears were running down her cheeks. That was a new one before "dont touch me!" Her voice raised to a scream as she spoke. She pped the iv out of her hand. Blood dripped from her hand onto the floor as she got out of the bed. Her legs wobbled like a fawn. She walked wobbily and stumbled out of the room and into the hallway. She hadnt a clue where she was going but she had to get out of there. She felt like she was going to be sick. In the hallway she tripped and landed on her knees hard.

more_horiz
"I told you she would react like this!"  Clementine scolded and ran after her patient, calling security and the doctor to help.

"Let's get her back into bed.  Arabella, sweetie, look at me, calm your mind, I won't hurt you or do any tests you don't want but you are bleeding really bad from pulling your I.V out.  Can I please help you?  Lets talk, and discuss how to get your memory back and everything okay?  Please take my hand.  I know you are scared, you are hurting, please I don't want you to hurt yourself any more.  Please your brother and friend love you and want to help as much as I do.  Please come let me help you up, let me help."  She asked softly, with a calm tone.  She hopped Arabella would come back to the room, the Security and doctors staying back as she spoke.  She was calm, knowing full well what might happen if Arabella decided sh didn't want to listen, but she took the risk, she wanted to help.  She didn't like seeing someone bleeding or afraid.

more_horiz
The blood tears were still flowing along with the iv hole in her hand. She didnt care if anyone in the icu was looking at her. She had to get out of here. She screamed again when the nurse reached for her. "Dont touch me! None of you touch me! Just stay back!" She wasnt sure if she could handle anymore contact with anyone else.

more_horiz
"So we get the 'I told you so' statement... and here I thought we were out of gradeschool," Chris mused with obvious sarcasm as the woman took off after Arabella. The young man glanced over at Alec and motioned with his head to the door and then stepped out into the hall in hopes the man would follow. In all honesty, he knew that was likely the case given that it was his sister that had run out, but above all Chris wanted him to know that he was there for them both. Responsibility aside, fate seemed to always place him around the Adairs as if it was his destiny to help them and he'd not turn that calling away lightly.

Once in the hallway, he stood behind the woman and crossed his arms, shaking his head. "I see there are still things you don't understand. She doesn't want to touch anyone so offering your hand, while kind, isn't going to be accepted." Chris' eyes turned to a broom leaned against the wall and he picked it up and held it at both ends, squatting down and looking at Ari.

"I want to help you and, oddly enough I think this woman does too, but you told me what you can do and I have no desire to share my memories with you - trust me, you don't want them and I'd not want you to have to live with them," he explained before offering the broom out, "but I can help you up without touching you. Your brother needs you, Arabella and you need him. If you can't trust me or this nurse, then trust Alec."

more_horiz
The voices were starting to quiet down some but the nausea was still there. She hesitated in reaching for the broom. There somehow seemed to be enough left in her stomach of something for her spasm and puke on the ground. 

After she was done she held her hands to the sides of her head like she did when she was having pain. She was remembering meeting chris when alec was hurt. Rembering him taking her home. She remembered touching him and seeing some of his memories of war. She winced and had to close her eyes for a few moments then openned them and nodded. "I...you helped alec. You helped me. You showed me....soldier boy. It hurts alot. Its all there at once. If you help...you will stay?

more_horiz
Alec nodded and agreed. He stayed next to Chris the entire time. The nurse danced on his last nerve. He hated seeing his sister like this. Out of everyone he had come to kno she is the strongest person in his life. He hated that he couldnt rush to her and hug her like back in england as a child.

He looked on in amazement as he succeeded in being able to calm her. He motioned for other nurses and staff to stay back and let Chris try to coax Ari back into bed. At least she seemed to be calming or adjusting to being back in her body.

more_horiz
Clementine nodded at all of them and smiled sweetly again.  "Arabella, let's at least get you cleaned up and stop the bleeding in your arm.  How's that?  May I clean you up a little?"  She asked, not touching at all.  She wanted to get her back into the room and cleaned up at least and also to get others from staring.  She ignored the puke, knowing she'd help clean Arabella's face up if she'd allow it and plus moving them back into the room would speed the hallway cleaning.

"Come on, Let's go back into the room, you can lay on the bed, no one but your friends will be looking, we can clean you up, get you something for that nasuas feeling, and maybe something for the pain?  Only if you will allow me to help.  I only wan to help.  I'm not someone who is here to hurt you.  I can see you can read people by touching them.  If you want to do that with me, by all means.  But if it hurts you to do that, then of course I won't push it.  But please let me help you back onto the bed and stop the bleeding okay?"  Clementine remained professional and calming in her voice.  Her smile was soothing and her eyes sympathetic.

more_horiz
She was almost calm and ready to go but jerked her hand back from chris when the nurse talked about things that involved touching. The last thing she needed was another mind inside her head right now. Her brain felt like a computer that was shuttoff improperly and now it had to restart and check programs.

She scooted away from chris sideways and ended up bumping into the wall. She hid her face against the wall and smeared her blood tears on it in the process. The bleeding in her arm was pretty much stopped at this point. Now dried blood covered most of the back of her hand. "No tests no touching no tests no touching." She repeated softly. 

more_horiz
Chris stood up when the nurse came over and looked at her, listening to her speak and shook his head with a sigh after Arabella had moved away. He looked over at the nurse and finally spoke his mind. "I know you're trying to help, and that's all well and good, but honestly, we don't need it. Her brother and I can attend to her better than any doctor or staff in this hospital - they don't even understand what's wrong with her. Hell, I'm just figuring it out, but thanks for the offer either way and if we need something we'll let you know."

While his words were firm, his tone wasn't. Chris had no intention of being too blunt with the nurse knowing she was trying to do her job but he also knew that if she so much as touched Arabella, it could cause problems that none of them wanted. The young man nodded at her affirmatively following his words then moved over to Ari and squatted down to her.

"There aren't going to be any tests and no one is going to touch you," he reassured with a soft smile. "If they try, I'll overload the machine. You're in good hands. Alec and I aren't going anywhere. Your brother may have to go about cleaning you up, though, since that requires a... well, not me."

more_horiz
She wasnt upset or mad at the nurse, she just couldnt physically stand to be touched. She was relieved when Chris asked her to back up. Ara wobbled as she tried to stand up. Her legs felt like jello. She reached out to him and put her hands on his biceps to help herself up. She didnt weigh much so she was sure it wouldnt hurt him. She had to hold on to him though to steady herself. " I can...do it myself. I just need to rest first. Im really tired...for someone who just slept for a few weeks." It was almost exhausting just to stand up.

more_horiz
"I wasn't going to do any tests, I just wanted to get her cleaned up and get the bleeding to stop."  Clementine explained but nodded, seeing this wasn't going any where.  She couldn't force a patient to do something they didn't want to do.  Instead she stood back and waited for when they would need her help to clean up the wound from the iv, and get a change of patient gown.  She grabbed one from the closet and stood back.

"When you are ready, I have a new gown for you since the one you are wearing has some vomit and blood on it, and I can help at least clean you up.  No tests no nothing unless you want it okay?"

more_horiz
Alec really wanted to tell the nurse off. He wanted to punch someone. He was happy ari was back but his protective asshole side was fighting to get out. He left them for a moment and went back to ari's room. He grabbed the blanket off of the bed and returned with it. He took the gown from the nurse in aggrivation and He gently used the blanket to pick up ari without touching her skin and carried her back to the room. It hurt how light she was. He was afraid he was going to break her. 

He took her into the bathroom and set her down on her feet. The bathroom had a small shower in it. He turned it on and adjusted the temperature. He set the gown on the sink along with a towel left in the bathroom. He smoothed her hair gently." Take it easy and slow. If you need me yell. Ill be right outside the door." 

"He closed the door behind him. He sat in the chair and put his head in his hands.

more_horiz
Arabella felt whoozy when her brother picked her up but she was grateful for the lift. Her room felt so far away. She got to glimpse into his head a little but it was only a flash. Her brother was brilliant using the blanket. 

She felt like a child as he started the shower for her. The hot water seemed like a godsend. After he left she gingerly took off her gown and looked at herself in the mirror on the door. Her bruises were healed but she still had some stitches in her face. Her tattoos looked as ragged as she did. She sighed and stepped into the shower. She let the water run over her for a long time before she actually bathed. The water actually helped her feel about ten million times better but she was exhausted.

When she emerged she was clean in a clean gown with wet hair. She walked slowly to the edge of the bed and sat down with a tired sigh.

more_horiz
Clementine kept her profsionalizism even when Alec got angry and took the gown from her with an angry like move.  She sighed, and let him clean her and talked to the doctor on staff, and explained the situation and requested that they got a mutant doctor called in to help treat Arabella only so she was among her kind and not treated like a lab rat as they all feared when it was agreed, she came back int with some nausea medication pills and pain pills along with water.

"Okay, I spoke with the doctor we are calling in a mutant doctor so you won't have humans examining you, it will be an all mutant staff, we do this sometimes when we get people who re scared.  Now I have something from the nausea if you want to take it, it's a pill that dissolved on your tongue, zofran.  I also have some hydromorphine for pain if you would like as well, 2 mgs in pills and some water.  I'm going to put it on the dresser by your bed and you can take this if you want, no force.  It will help.  Especially the zofran.  When the doctor gets here I'll let you know okay?  Also, your brother did a great job cleaning you up."  With that she wrote some more things down in the chart and hung it back by the bed and left.

(IF chart was read it would say, all patient facts and all mentioned earlier plus now this part just added in new slow:  declined blood work, i.v fluids, M.R.I and C.T scan declined, no known cause of memory loose.  Special mutant doctor called in because patient is mutant.  Staff requested all mutant and approved. Given 12.5mg dissoluble zofran for nausea and 2mg pill diluadid aka hydromorphine for pain and headache.  Will return to see if accepted.  Time and date along with a signature also added.)  (ooc: may have an occ special doctor being a telopath or something to help i dunno if one of you guys wanna rp him?)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum