X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteWho are you ?

more_horiz
The cage, the most dangerous yet best paying street fights Thana could do. She had been put in a free for all, a fight of twenty people male and female and had to stay the last one standing. Which she did, taking several batterings.  Thana  responded with her own attacks on the last three standing. They had teamed up as she was the only female left in the cage. They were brutal, hard and dangerous but so was she. 

Swiftly she knocked out the lesser two which meant they were out, but her last opponent put up a fight. They matched each other blow for blow for a while before Thana managed to send a flying kick to his chest and threw him, jumping to where he fell she kept her foot on his throat and applied pressure. Not enough to kill but enough to knock him out. Finally she was the last one standing, she had again won. 

Returning to the bar and ordering a can of soft drink Thana felt eyes staring down on her but said nothing, instead she took her winnings and walked out. Exiting via the back alleyway and beginning to walk.

Last edited by Thana Semele on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: Who are you ?

more_horiz
Shikon yawned. Occasionally he came to watch the cage fights. Since nothing interesting had been happening lately in the city he resorted to this. He thought about competing, but usually decided it was unfair to the other contestants. He was a mutant, and while his power wasn't super strength, he had honed his body into a fighting his machine. His instincts were, and his reflexes were faster. He was much stronger than the average man that he could shatter bricks with little to no effort. He sighed this time and kept watching.

Then something interesting happened. A woman was completely destroying the other competitors. They were dropping like flies until the last three decided to team up, and even with three of them two were eliminated almost instantly. This girl had some real power, and Shikon had an inkling of a feeling that she wasn't just naturally strong. Maybe she had some powers that she was using in secret, and this had his full attention. He watched the fight blow for blow until the lady had won the fight.

Shikon had followed the lady all the way to the bar, and had kept his distance. Stealth was something he was good at, not great but good. He sat at a table in the corner where he could watch everything and everyone, and had only taken a few sips from a beer before the lady had decided to leave. He gave the space of a few seconds and followed after her into the back alley way of the bar. He whistled a soft whistle to get her attention. "Yo! Lady who kicked some ass in that cage, over here!"

more_horiz
Thana heard a males voice yell out to her but kept walking, she didn't answer to whistles. She didn't know who he was but that didn't bother her, instead she kept walking. Thinking that the guy was a drunk and would leave her alone. That's how it usually worked, one of the fighters or a drunk got upset that she had beat them and tried to argue for money back, or they were just drunks. Neither really bothered her so she kept walking. 

The night air was cold and her fingers were already beginning to bruise from all the punches, but that didn't bother her. She hadn't suffered anything worthwhile tonight, a few kicks that had landed had done nothin more then slightly wind her.

more_horiz
Shikon saw the woman keep walking and he sighed. 'Guess we'll have to do this the hard way.' he thought as he brought up his hand. He snapped his fingers and the air suddenly heated up, and the there was a wall of fire at the end of the alley. He hated having to break out his powers to get her attention, but he didn't feel like chasing her and looking like a creep.

He yawned and walked closer to the woman at a slow pace. The last he wanted was for to actually have powers and her turn around and hit him with something he wasn't ready for. As he walked he split his mind in half and warmed up the air, he really hated the cold. "I just wanted to talk. I'm not drunk, and I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm just a fan is all."

more_horiz
Thana stopped abruptly as a wall of fire appeared at the end of the alleyway, quickly Thana turned and listened to the man speak. The fire wall meant that the man following her was a mutant, and not something she liked too much. Turning to face him with her hood still up she spoke. " Well you have my attention now." She told him, hoping her voice wouldn't give away her youngness too easily. 

Everywhere around her had heated up, Thana assumed the man had pyrokenesis or something similar. She stood where she was and looked at him, calculating her options. He had said he wouldn't hurt her but that meant little, in the scheme of things.

more_horiz
Shikon smiled his devil smile when he had gotten his way. He held out his hands and turned out his pockets as a show of good faith to her. The only thing he could do was burn her, and that might not be fast enough seeing as he had no idea if she had powers or not. After a moment of letting her look he put his hands back in his pocket. "Glad to see I got your attention, although it hurts me that you think I'm not going to keep my word about not hurting you. I'm a man of my word. Anyways my name is Shikon. Pleased to meet you."

He stood there lazily, looking as friendly as possible. He didn't want to hurt the girl, just wanted to see what she could do. He looked her up and down, but only for a quick second. She was impressive. Obviously an athlete. He yawned again, and looked at the watch on his wrist. It was really late, but time flies when you find a possible mutant. "You did really well in that cage, and I mean really well. Never seen a girl last that long in one of those fights, much less win one. It was impressive to say the least. Now my question is how did you do it? I mean obviously you're fit, and you've trained yourself hard, but c'mon, there's something else isn't there."

The last sentence was a statement, and not a question. He had very little doubt in his mind that this woman wasn't a mutant. He was just trying his hardest to wrap his brain around what possible power she could have. Shikon felt the adrenaline start to pump through his body. This had piqued his interest.

more_horiz
As the man introduced himself as Shikon and turned out his coat pockets as a show of good faith Thana decided to do the same. " My name is Thana." She replied, opening her cloak to reveal a multitude of weapons. A small curved sword lay at her left hip, and she had a double scabbard on her right with two throwing knives. She carried them on her as a precaution, nothing more. 

"You did really well in that cage, and I mean really well. Never seen a girl last that long in one of those fights, much less win one. It was impressive to say the least. Now my question is how did you do it? I mean obviously you're fit, and you've trained yourself hard, but c'mon, there's something else isn't there."

Throwing off her hood Thana looked at the man, the hood had revealed that she was only a young female. " I train for a minimum of eight hours each day, you mustn't be from around here. I win all my fights." She answered, knowing EXACTLY what he meant. " There is nothing more." She answered, technically it was true her ability had nothing to do with her fighting. But she wasn't going to admit she had any gifts easily. " I am a trained fighter, street fights are my job."

more_horiz
Shikon smirked. 'Some people play hard to get' he thought as she spoke. He yawned again and checked his watch. Ten minutes had passed since the exchange started. He counted a few seconds to himself, but listened diligently. She certainly had some pretty toys, but unless she could use them faster than he could use his powers then there was no point. Part of his internal motor was itching for a good fight.

" I train for a minimum of eight hours each day, you mustn't be from around here. I win all my fights. There is nothing more. I am a trained fighter, street fights are my job."

He laughed a little. Of course she was a trained fighter he mused quietly to himself. Now that he took another quick second to look at her he realized she was young. Younger than he was at least, but she was already an accomplished fighter. "Thana I understand not wanting to let people know of powers, but ya see, I got a nose for these things."  He tapped his nose twice for good measure to make sure she got the point. He smiled politely at her "I'm from a group of people like you. The Brotherhood, and I occasionally go out scouting to make sure mutants have a home. I'd like you to join us, unless you think you're stronger than the protection my family can provide you."  Shikon had a knack for leaving sentences as statements to emphasis a point. He was making it clear he thought he was stronger, and that she should join them. He wouldn't force her to do anything though. It had to be her choice.

more_horiz
 I'm from a group of people like you. The Brotherhood, and I occasionally go out scouting to make sure mutants have a home. I'd like you to join us, unless you think you're stronger than the protection my family can provide you."  

Thana couldn't help but roll her eyes and laugh at the man, " Honestly, why do you think I would join you? I survived being held and tortured by the MRD for six years. Believe me I can look after myself." Thana answered, a small part of her wanted a place but she couldn't afford to trust people. At the moment her only friend was Jake, and she didn't know whose side he was on. She just trusted him for who he was. " I don't need your help or your protection."

more_horiz
" Honestly, why do you think I would join you? I survived being held and tortured by the MRD for six years. Believe me I can look after myself. I don't need your help or your protection."

Shikon made a disgusted face, and then one of sorrow once she brought up the M.R.D. He knew what they were like, and had sent a good plenty of them to hell. 'So she's out here on her own, and thinks she can survive?' he thought to himself. He let his hand go ablaze, but it was a bright yellow. The least powerful of the flames. Yellow was comparable to touching a pot that had just come off the stove, but it was good for party tricks. The flame went from yellow, to red, to orange, to blue to purple. Purple was the hottest flame he could make, and the heat coming off that one flames was the equivalent of a summer day of no less than 90 degrees.

He smiled at her. "Ah but you see I can help make you so much more. I can help you hone your powers so that they shake the very foundation of the city. Then what you do with your powers is up to you, if you join you'll always be welcome at the house. You'll have a family, and people you can trust to have your back. Not to mention we'll even help you get even with the M.R.D. thugs."

Shikon could see she wouldn't be swayed by reason. So he came up with an idea. "How about a wager then? You enjoy fighting and so do I. So let's say if I win then you join the Brotherhood. And if I lose, well we'll figure that out if it happens. Sound fair?" 

more_horiz
Thana listened as the man spoke, offering her a place. She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow, the man knew nothing about her or what powers she could have yet still wanted her. In an ironic way he reminded her of the MRD themselves. 

How about a wager then? You enjoy fighting and so do I. So let's say if I win then you join the Brotherhood. And if I lose, well we'll figure that out if it happens. Sound fair?"  

Normally Thana would of walked away from a fight out of the street regulation ones, but not this time. She remained where she was. Thinking over her options, she couldn't leave through the wall of fire, nor did she think he would allow her to leave. Instead she took his offer.

. " Fine. When I win you forget you ever saw or spoke to me. If by some miracle you win I become your bitch and listen to you." She said bluntly, unsure of why he even wanted her. But he had sparked her interest, which was a rarity. She stood where she was, if he wanted to fight he would have to come to her.

more_horiz
Shikon nodded his head and stretched a bit while she got into a fighting stance. People always took these fights so serious. After a few brief moments he was ready to begin. His eyes changed to a ice blue color as he smiled at her. "Alright first things first I wanna see what you can do. What's your power?"

When Thana made no move to come to him he laughed. "I see how it is. Fine if you won't come to me. Then I'll just make you."  He let his arms go ablaze up to his shoulders, but the sleeves of his shirt were fine. He felt no pain either. He simply smiled menacingly at her. Then without hesitation he charged forward, and threw out a flurry of fireballs. They were no bigger than a basketball, and lacked heat to hurt, but he wanted to really see what she could do, so he started off easy. It was truly up to Thana as to whether or not she was able to dodge them, and if she didn't she'd find a hard fist coming through them to connect to her face.

more_horiz
Alright first things first I wanna see what you can do. What's your power?"

Thana looked back at Shikon, hearing his words but not responding. Thana didn't show her powers, not unless she had to. She watched as he summoned fireballs and began dodging them, some hitting her cloak but she didn't care. She moved and flinched, one of the fireballs stinging her neck.

Swiftly she moved right next to him and began her own attack, not using her weapons or her ability but fighting hand to hand. Dodging and fighting back, her mind focused on winning. She felt a sharp blow to her face but didn't stop.

more_horiz
Shikon laughed almost like a madman. He didn't care much for subtlety, if a problem could be solved with his fists or powers, he was more likely to take that way out. He watched as Thana dodged his fireballs almost with ease, and smiled widely. He felt the punch connect to her face but he didn't stop. Holding his ground he took the blows from Thana, but to him they felt like child's play. 

He hopped back a few steps only giving the two of them enough space that they were out of arm's reach. He popped his neck, and then his knuckles. Raising his arm he waved it around until a ring of fire, so small it was the size of a quarter, had formed. He threw it and watched as it hit Thana's cloak. "See the problem with fire is how quickly it spreads!" Then without giving another moment's notice he dove back into the fray. Throwing punches and swift leg kicks so that going on the offensive would be hard. He believed Thana could do it though.

more_horiz
 See the problem with fire is how quickly it spreads!"

Thana felt the fire on her cloak and quickly tossed it off, before feeling and getting hit by several rounds before she knew she would have to use her power. As a human fighter she was one of the best, but compared to this stranger. This mutant she was weak, quickly getting back up but getting hit with another blow before she summoned her Blue sphere of energy and threw up a wall of energy. It was one of her strongest defences but wore her down quickly. In some ways it was like a physical force field. She kept it up and pushed it back on him, managing a few steps and managing to hold her wall for a decent amount of time before the exhaustion and pain got to her and she let it down, immediately being hit by a fireball and being thrown back, struggling Thana got back to her feet. Tired but not wanting to give up.

more_horiz
Shikon just smiled the same smile as Thana suffered blow after blow. He wasn't playing around anymore, he was swinging with over half strength. The fact that she was still fighting was impressive. After a few more swings he hit something hard that stopped his fist dead in its tracks. There was a blue wall in front of him now. Shikon had no choice but to be backed up by this, but he didn't let that stop him, he continued throwing fireballs at it.

After a few moments which felt like an eternity, the barrier fell and a fireball went and hit Thana. "Personally, I'm still impressed that you're fighting. It seems that you have reached your psychical limit, whereas I can still continue." Shikon had been working on a new trick and he wanted to see if it would work. He drew a giant rectangle in front of him with fire, then filled it in. He spun and kicked it sending it flying towards Thana, but he was following right behind it, and right as it was getting close to Thana he started to jump through it with a flying punch. It was up to her if she could dodge both or even one.

more_horiz
Thana kept struggling on, they both knew she was tired but both one she wouldn't give up. She heard what Shikon said and braced herself for impact when the large fire came, she couldn't stop it but instead turned to her right so and summoned another orb of pure energy to cover her face and most of her neck from the fire. 

Wincing and gasping as she felt her flesh stinging where he had landed the fire before another sharp blow came and she was knocked over flat again. She didn't stop either but had protected her head, which was more important. As she has tumbled when she fell she was facing away from Shikon and once again struggled to get up. She knew he had won, but never conceded defeat. She would fight to her last breath if she had to. Normally she would of lasted a bit longer against the onslaught, but she had alread been tired from the cage and the man in front of her was a hell of a lot stronger.

more_horiz
Shikon sighed when she tried to get up and struggled. He walked over peacefully. His demeanor was completely different now. It was friendlier, and more concerned. Once he got to her he spoke politely "Stay down, this fight is over, and you lost. So you're coming with me." he then took his fist and slammed it into the back of her head. He was truly impressed that she had lasted that long, and her powers were certainly amazing. With some training she could be a force to be reckoned with.

Shikon moved his arms in circles, and touched the parts of his body she had hit. 'A broken rib, and some mild bruises. She did pretty damn well' he thought to himself.

more_horiz
  "Stay down, this fight is over, and you lost. So you're coming with me

Whack. As soon as Thana heard him finish speaking she felt a heavy blow to the back of her head and was out for the count. Unconscious . Though she had put up a hell of a valiant fight Shikon had won, which meant that even though she was unconscious she still had to go with him. She already had bruising starting to appear over her body as well as the burns, plus she had snapped her wrist when she fell and her ribcage either had severe bruising or was several ribs were broken.

more_horiz
Shikon yawned and looked at his watch again. They had fought for a good 15 minutes. He picked Thana up and let the wall of fire dissipate, then walked out of the alley. Some people gave him some weird stares, but he really didn't care. They were of no concern to him, and he could wipe any of them off the planet just on a whim.

OOC: Complete

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum