X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompletenow with 40% less crazy (pg13)

more_horiz
Lakai had showed improvement in group and single therapy. Her withdrawls had been diminishing and she hadnt attacked anyone since she was locked up. They took her down from high security to medium security which  meant she could leave her cell and have visitors.

The other patients were afraid of her. They knew what she did. When she left her cell she spent all of her time alone. She stood alone in the common lounge and looked out the window.

descriptionCompleteRe: now with 40% less crazy (pg13)

more_horiz
It had been awhile since Lakai had been locked up since her rampage. Shikon missed her like crazy, and couldn't really visit her until lately when she was allowed to have visitors. He thought today would be a good day as any to surprise her with a visit from him. Shikon went and checked in with the nurse at the main desk and asked politely where he could find Lakai. The lady kindly pointed him in the right direction

When he got there he saw an empty room aside from the one person he was happy to see. She was standing there staring out a window. She looked just as beautiful as always, and he had missed her so much. Quietly Shikon crept up behind her and whispered behind her "Guess who?" and stood behind her smiling like an idiot.

more_horiz
Lakai didnt turn around. She was still all in white but it was a different outfit. It looked like white scrubs. She touched the window with her fingertips. "I smelled you coming. Its been a while since you came to visit me. I smell her on you."  She mumbled when she spoke. They were keeping her highly medicated as of recently.

more_horiz
Shikon sighed a little. He had been hanging out with Amelia, but they were friends and nothing more. "I certainly couldn't visit until they took you off high alert, and I told you I'd take care of it. The two of us are friends, and nothing more." He ran his fingers through his hair, and smiled weakly.

He wasn't sure if he could touch Lakai yet or not, so he settles for taking a step closer. "It's like hell without you Lakai. I miss you all the time. I promise you're my only." While he spoke he looked right into her eyes, he had always loved the colors. "I'm sorry I haven't visited for awhile."

more_horiz
Adrienne didn't want to be seen or heard outside of Lakai's room. She has heard everything that has happened to her in a time that Adrienne was gone. She didn't need to be in the city to know what was happening. The community wasn't all that big, besides with all the electronics and the digital era now, she also saw most of it on local news and newspaper.

"Crazy animal finally tamed. If I knew that keeping you drugged up would control you, I would have gotten you some crack or something." said Adrienne as she walked into the room through the wall. "Hey, Shikon," she saw him there as well.

more_horiz
Lakai released him from her hug and looked at adrienne. Whywas e here? Her inner beast was stirring but still just as dopey as the rest of her. She managed a sick sort of smileand cocked  her head to the side. "Adrienne. To what do i owe this unpleasant surprise. Want your ass handed to you again?"

more_horiz
Shikon turned and looked at Adrienne. "Please don't start trouble Adrienne. Is there something you need?" He looked serious. Lakai let go of him, but he didn't let go of her. He had missed her touch so much, that he didn't want to let her go. He smiled weakly at Adrienne. He didn't want any trouble started when Lakai was so closed to being released. He felt nervous, and popped his neck because of it.

more_horiz
"Why does there have to be any trouble?" she asked, giving out false shock impression. "I am not all about fights, there are better things to do. But it seems time hasn't been kind to you old friend."

Adrienne was looking at Lakai. She didn't look as scary as she has in a past. Not as intimidating. Time has wore on her and it was far too visible. "I am here to see how's she doing, can't be just pretending she's dead. Right?"

Then she shifted her gaze to Shikon, who was acting all leader-like, but she never took him seriously to begin with. He was just someone who kept her in line. She would have wasted waste to this town if it wasn't for Shikon.

"I don't need nothin' from you. You can't deliver."

more_horiz
She could act badass if she wanted and be convincing but in reality she had no drive to follow through with any violence. It was like she lived 3 lifetimes already. She felt worn out on the inside. Probably from the years of drugs, sex, and alcohol. She shrugged at adrienne. The girl cared about her as much as anyone else had in her life. Which was none. She turned back to the window and stared out again. She took her hand and used her fingers to trace the crack in the window from another patient's outburst. There was frost inside the crack from outside. 

She liked how it made her hand cold. She accidently pushed her finger on it too hard and cut it a little. The blood trickled down her finger and she stared at it.

more_horiz
Shikon let go of Lakai, and stared down Adrienne. He was tired of everyone pushing him over since he got back. He popped his neck, and his knuckles. He stepped away from Lakai, but didn't take his eyes off Adrienne for a second. The air in the room started heating up. "You know Adrienne I'd keep those smartass quips to yourself if I were you." He put one hand in his pocket and straightened up. His eyes were now an icy blue. Taking a moment he smiled at Adrienne, but it wasn't a friendly one, there was nothing behind it other than cruel intentions being masked.

"So what is it you're really here for Adrienne?" Shikon took a quick glance at Lakai and saw her poking at the window. He felt a sliver of worry, but then brought his attention back to Adrienne.

more_horiz
Adrienne smirked at Shikon, always threatening, always fighting. "You couldn't hurt me, even if you wanted to," she said. By that statement she meant that he was no match for her. This was not a duel threat either, it was a statement of sort.

"I told yo, I am not here to cause trouble." she repeated herself with higher pitch in her voice though. "You are slacking on killing people Lakai. Andrews has you beaten 10 to 0 so far." said Adrienne. "Then, there is Jackson and his little party. It appears he has a sister of his own. I hear she betrayed Loika to M.R.D and now wants to be accepted into his family. You know his wifey, she ain't gonna let it happen. At least that's what I heard last. I say we kill the stupid broad. She's no use to this city."

Adrienne was now rambling without a point. Did she ever have a point? "Oh yeah, Shikon...were you ever going to tell us about the new chicka you brought over to the Mansion? Are you collecting girls to become a pimp? 'Cause I didn't sign up for that when I joined."

more_horiz
Shikon let his hand ignite. "You really wanna test me Adrienne? You're shield can only hold out so long, and I can create flames all day." He popped his neck again. "I brought her because she doesn't have a place to go, just like you did." He'd already had enough in the past few weeks to last a life time, and Adrienne was only adding to it.

more_horiz

Lakai clenched her fist to make the small cut on her finger bleed more and started to laugh hysterically. "Miles to go before i wake! Hahahahahaahah! She needs a place to call home and the lights were on so come on in! Shes bad! BAD! She didnt brush her hair properly and now it isnt soft! Do it again!"  Lakai was starting to ramble. She had been improving its true but she wasnt 100%. Small things still st her off. They were still trying to find a good dosage of meds for her. Because of her and loika's hight temps they tended to burn off medications and alcohol faster. 

Part of her rambling when she got worked up was repeated stuff she just heard. The other parts were things her mother used to say to her. One of the orderlies nearby was looking at lakai like he was readyto come over there if needed to.

more_horiz
"Yeah, she's still not all there, I see. After shitty life that she had, I wouldn't be surprised if she never recovered." said Adrienne. Feeling like she has pulled a nerve with both of them, she took her leave now.

"Don't forget--" she smiled at him as she walked right through him, "I can walk through your fire." appearing on the other side, Adrienne phased through the wall and kept on going through the rest of the rooms. Lakai would be just fine, but will be Adrienne?

more_horiz
Shikon shuddered, he wasn't sure if it was anger or the feeling of having someone walk through you. He turned and looked back at Lakai then to the nurse and shook his head. He wanted a few more moments with her. He walked back to her and saw the blood on her hand. Shikon gently pulled her hand away from the glass and looked at the wound. It was shallow so it was going to bleed a bit. "Oh my dear princess, please get better soon. I miss you. Nothing is the same without you by my side. I just want you home."

He hugged Lakai gently, he couldn't be more useless in this kind of situation, and know he couldn't help her was killing him on the inside.

more_horiz
Lakai kept babbling to herself while they argued. She only quieted when shikon hugged her. She stood still and quiet then started to mumble.  "Shes bad. Bad. Bad girl. Bad girls sleep in the barn. Dirty filthy bad."

She slowly wrapped her arms around him to return the hug like she just realized  he was there.  "Fire is making the dark go away."

more_horiz
Shikon hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek. "Of course darling. Your flame will make all the darkness disappear." He held Lakai close and tight, refusing to let her go. Thoughts ran through his head, and his heart was racing. It was almost like the first time the two of them had met. Although Lakai was helping him rob a bank, that was still the moment he realized he loved her. Even now he felt it even stronger than before.

more_horiz
Lakai looked up at him and it looked like she was going to cry. "Its so dark in here. I miss the light. When will the light come back and stay?" She kept hugging him. She was gaining weight finally but she was still pretty skinny and she wasnt as strong as she once was. She was alot more childlike and more like her real age.

more_horiz
Shikon felt tears brim to his eyes, and tried his best to blink them away. He hugged her tighter and spoke with a shake in his voice. "It's going to come back and stay forever really soon. I promise Lakai. I promise." After a moment he couldn't hold back the tears anymore, and they streaked down his face. He kissed the top of Lakai's head and took some slow deep breaths.

more_horiz
"You are going to leave me alone. Here. Arent you shiki...." her voice was soft and quiet. She rested her head against his chest. Her arms tightened around him again and sighed. She didnt want him to go. She didnt want to stay here either. She wanted to be normal again.

more_horiz
He hugged Lakai tighter, she was looking better and he didn't want to leave. He would inevitably have to leave her though. "I'll have to leave Lakai, they'll make me, but I'll visit more. If that's okay with you?" He tried to smile at her as he looked down at the girl leaning against his chest.

more_horiz
The old lakai would have thrown a fit but she was trying to be better. She nodded quietly and put her head back on him. She had to accept he was going to leave. He would come back. Someday she would get out. She sighed and agreed. "Ok. You will come back. Ill be good. I promise."

more_horiz
Shikon sighed and held for a few moments longer. "I know you'll be good Lakai. I'll come back." Shikon looked over at the nurse and smiled at him. He walked over to the nurse saying "I'll be back in two days." Then he walked back to Lakai and kissed her then turned to leave.

more_horiz
Lakai watched him and nodded. She had to trust that he would come back. She let her medications pull her back under into her sedated state. She started watching back out the window again. When he kissed her she nodded but didnt look up from whatever she was looking at. She kept looking out even as he walked away.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum