X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteLike A Bad Penny - (R)

more_horiz
"She's been here an hour ago," said Smith, "The microwave is still warm."
Scarlett looked at Smith with disappointment and then suddenly turned around and backhanded him hard across his right cheek. She was furious with him.
"Jenkins," she said. Jessie Jenkins sprang to her in a heartbeat. "I need to find this girl. Take Smith over here and go check out this place."
She handed them a picture of Xavier Institute.
"Yes, ma'am!" he announced rather loudly as he walked toward the car, got in and drove off with Smith.

"I will find you," muttered Scarlett to herself.

descriptionCompleteRe: Like A Bad Penny - (R)

more_horiz
Jenica knew Hawthorn was coming for her. She had already seen it. She didnt want to help her. She had always been taught by her father not to change history. Then he told her to do as Scarlett Asked. She was confused and a bit afraid of the future. She knew things before they happened but it wasnt as simple as that. She didnt just know things it came to her when it was time.

She knew scarlett was coming. She sat in one of the downstairs rooms of the mansion with a cup of coffee and watched out of the window. She had a big decision to make before the evil woman found her. She could end all of the hate and suffering or make it worse.

more_horiz
Scarlett's phone rang. It was Smith and Jenkins. Not wanting to bother with talking to them, she ignored it and let it go to voicemail. Where could she possibly hide? New York was not big state. She waited around a bit and then picked up her phone dialing.

"Hey, Jones," said Scarlett. "I need you to meet me at time square. Immediately."

Smith and Jenkins arrived at Xavier's Institute, dressed like police officers. They had to get an entrance to the school to check it out as Hawthorne wanted.
"How are we supposed to get access to mutant school."
"There is a reason why we are dressed like police officers. Those monsters wouldn't dream of attacking us. They like peace."
Jenkins laughed at the thought.
"So, how do we convince them?"

more_horiz
Jenica saw the car arrive and knew the time had come. She knew who they were even if they were dressed as officers. She wore a chain on her wrist with three watch faces that never seemed to work. Only to her did they mean anything.

She looked at the watches and set her cup down. It was time. She went to the door and stepped outside. She crossed her arms over her chest and sighed. "Lets just skip all the bull shall we. Im the one you are looking for. I know who you are and what you want. Im not hiding so dont hurt anyone at the school." She seemed unafraid of Scarlett.

more_horiz
"Well, that was easy," said Smith.
"I'll say," replied Jenkins.

"Lets just skip all the bull shall we. Im the one you are looking for. I know who you are and what you want. Im not hiding so dont hurt anyone at the school."
"Come with us and we promise no one will get hurt." said Jenkins, while Smith was opening a passanger door for her. Smith won't let Scarlett down again. If she wanted her dead, this time Smith wouldn't hesitate on pulling a trigger and ending anyone's life.

Scarlett anxiously waited as Jones pulled up next to her and got out of the car. 
"Good, you are here." said Scarlett. "You will come with me when I go time traveling."
"I am sorry, ma'am. Is that even possible?" asked Jones like an idiot.
"Don't be so naive Jones," replied Scarlett. "Have you forgotten where you live? This is a New York City."

more_horiz
Jenica threw back her head and laughed. She pointed at smith. " Okay for starters i am not afraid of him. He pulled a snow white on your wicked witch ass. That girl you told her to kill, he let her go. Good thing too. Secondly I said i know why you are here. I didnt say i'd do it. thirdly even if i decide to do it i am not taking anyone besides you. "  She folded her arms over her chest, " I am most definately not going anywhere with you."

more_horiz
Scarlett already knew about Smith's failure to kill the girl. It was not any news to her.
"Tell me something I don't already know." said Scarlett. "If you know why I am here, then you damn well know where I want to go."

Smith, Jenkins and Jones all looked at the girl and remained silent. She was one tough mother....

Scarlett turned to Jenica. "What guarantee do I have that you will not leave me there or kill me after my back is turned. You are not fooling anyone, little girl. I need Jones to come."

more_horiz
"I could say the same for you. Whats to stop you from killing me when i give you what you want? You have  guns and crap. And you're right. You dont have guarantees." She dissapeared instantly and reappeared behind scarlett. "I could leave you there. You have tortured and killed countless mutants for no reason. Your parents' deaths were a result of human error not mutant intervention. You are immature to think otherwise."

She teleported back to the porch. "As i said. Just you or nothing. I dont trust your people and its already going to be difficult travelling an extra person much less two."

more_horiz
Scarlett listened to the girl. She was a stubborn one and she couldn't hurt her even if she really wanted to. This bitch was her ticket back to  past. There were barely any options for her as far as bringing people along went. She couldn't negotiate with her and now she had to give in.

"Fine." said Scarlett as she pulled her gun out of her holster and handed it to Jones. "I won't bring him. But know this, if something happens to me while I am there, your father will lose more then just you."

She knew about her family, the details were hazy. There wasn't much on her other then who her parents were and to Scarlett that was more then enough to have a playing chance. "Jones, Smith and Jenkins, go back to HQ and let them know I will be gone for a while." said Scarlett, looking at the girl. "I am ready, let's go."

more_horiz
"Oh thats real nice. Threaten my family when i said id do it. Whatever. Seeya boys."She teleported to scarlett and took a deep breath. She was taking a big gamble doing this. She quickly grabbed her wrist and started this potentially deadly adventure. She took scarlet back to a few hours before the accident.

more_horiz
Scarlett and Jenica sat in a back of Hawthornes car. A girl of 10 sat between the two travellers. Music was playing, Jonathan Hawthorn and Martha were carrying on a quiet conversation between them. They were all driving down one lane highway, on their way  home from holidays.

It looked surreal to Scarlett seeing herself as a kid again. She starred at all the memories around her; the stuffed giraffe Guru. The music in the car, her clothes. All of it nearly brought tears to Scarlett's eyes.

"MARTHA WATCH OUT!" yelled Johnathan as the horn of a 18 wheeler exploded around them.

Scarlett leaned forward instantly and swearved out of the way onto the incoming traffic. The car in front of her stopped immediately and they were safely out of harm's way.

more_horiz
Jenica sat completely unphased throughout the whole ordeal. The monster was getting exactly what she wanted. No one deserved to loose their parents. It was also against the laws of time travel to change things things this big.

When the car stopped her let herself out and started to walk away in the other direction. She gave the bitch what she wanted and held up her end of the deal. Her part was over now.

more_horiz
Scarlett got out as she watched Jenica leave. Pulling out a gun Scarlett hid in her boot, Scarlett smiled wickedly as she pointed at the back of the girl. "Did you really think I want to be stuck here as a kid?" she asked. "I don't want to relive my life as a child. I wanted my parents alive and now I want you to bring them with us to our time," said Scarlett, squeezing her trigger once to let her know she meant business.

more_horiz
"like i didnt see this coming?" Was all she could say before the shot went off. She didnt feel it at first then she looked down and saw the blood trickling down her chest. She looked back at scarlett with some blood forming at the corner of her mouth. "I was giving you a few minutes with them. I wasnt leaving. You did this to yourself." She fell to her knees and flickered a few times before trying to teleport. Then she was gone.

more_horiz
It wasn't long before police and highway patrol arrived on a scene. They all saw Scarlett shoot the girl in a back, and to them it would look unjustified and it was.
"PUT THE GUN DOWN AND GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!" yelled officers as they all had their guns pointed at Scarlett. There would be no way for Scarlett to defend herself and all she would do is get killed.

The toughest and the most ruthless M.R.D agent was not reduced to ashes. She dropped her gun and raised her hands behind her head. Slowly, Scarlett fell to her knees, only to be tackled by officers and handcuffed. Then, she was taken to the car and hauled away.

There would be no life sentence for her, death row was awaiting for her and Scarlett knew that. She screwed herself over. Her emotions has gotten the better of her and she slipped. There would be no trip back. She had gained everything only to lose it all in the end. Her parents would not recognize her and her face would be all over the city.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum