X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteAdjustings Never Easy (Lakai, Shikon, Thana) R at worst

more_horiz
Neo had snuck into Thana's room and underneath her bed. Its something he had started doing whenever she got him into the hotel or whatever it was she first holed him up at. For some reason feeling safest there. Usually anyways. The night before he'd fallen asleep again. He honestly hated sleeping as the nightmares always plagued him. For a few hours he tossed and turned before slipping out of the room. Grabbing his coat and hugging it to himself. Not bothering to find his shoes or put them on. He hated wearing those for some reason. His feet wandered aimlessly down the halls.

Part of him was starting to call this place home. Another part of him felt like he was going to wake up and it would be gone. No Thana. No Shikon. Just a dream like the memories of Kakania. He began to explore the Upper Level. Shaking his head to chase away lingering images of his nightmare. He was thinking over things and wandering. Eventually someone would wake...and he could talk to them right? Shikon or Thana would wake...he was more confused before. Ever since meeting Thana he was starting to get an understanding of the world he had been born into.

Disease wasn't a disease like he was taught but a unique gift. Then meeting Shikon who Thana trusted explained more. Now he met the russian boy and was confused again. Were there really people who could so boldly say they were 'gifted' like that? He still felt his was a curse. Gifts brought death...like Kakania's. Staring at a painting on the wall in the halls. He was fighting the urge to go downstairs and outside. Thana had asked him to stick closer to the mansion. For her he was trying. It wasn't easy. These four walls made him feel trapped again.

Last edited by Neo Lancewick on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

descriptionCompleteRe: Adjustings Never Easy (Lakai, Shikon, Thana) R at worst

more_horiz
Lakai was heading down the hall with some laundry when she smelled someone whom didnt live here. She set the basket down and followed the scent to the new girl's room.

She let herself in. She didnt care for the girls stuff, only the intruder. "One of these things is not like the otherrrr...." She turned into a white wolf in an instant and poked her head under the bed with a loud snarl. She barked at the intruder a few times and snapped her jaws. In her wolf form she couldnt entirely fit so she was coming within inches of the boy.

more_horiz
Neo had just made his way back to Thana's room and under the bed when something burst through the door. It wasn't like Thana was even hear at the moment. Shivering at the voice as he bolted under the bed. Hiding when the wolf snarled at him. What the? Backing up and trembled. "Why are you attacking me? Who or what are you?" he managed to get out in the soft and beuatiful either or sounding voice of his. Scooting back he stared at the wolf. Shaking in fear as he was going to be hurt. Shikon said he could stay and after the last time when he left trying to help just ended up needing help he tried to not go without telling Thana or Shikon. "Help! Shikon!" He cried out as he backed out from under the bed and started climbing up to the top of a tall bookcase. Quickly yet slipped several times. He could hear his heart in his chest.

more_horiz
Shikon had heard walking around in the mansion. Then he had heard Lakai start snapping at something. He bolted out of bed as he heard Neo call for help from Thana's room. The door was already wide open and there he saw Lakai in wolf form snapping at Neo under the bed as he crawled out. Shikon ran over to Lakai and grabbed her in her a wolf form, a terrible idea really, but Shikon could be full of them sometimes.

"Lakai calm down! He's one of us, I told him he could stay here. There's no need to kill him. I haven't had the proper chance to introduce him to everyone as he's very skittish. Lakai dear, please just take it easy." He attempted to make eye contact with Lakai to let her know that Neo was very much welcome in the mansion.

more_horiz
Running from a wolf only kicked in their predator instinct. She squirmed in shikon's grasp and got free of him. She ignored his words because her prey drive was so high. She chased the newb to the book shelf and jumped/barked at him in a despirate attempt to catch him.

more_horiz
Neo managed to make it to 'safety' on top of the bookshelf. Though he saw out the corner of his eye a blur attack whtie fur it never really registerd. Just one of those street teen things. He scrunched back against the wall before slowly crawling closer and yiped when he saw the furry creature thing he'd never seen before jumping and barking. "Dog? Maybe it has rabies? She...Shikon called it Lakai." He wondered out loud. He'd never seen a television before Thana introduced it to him. Islander bit. A wolf was...not exactly in his vocabulary. Paling as he scrunched back against the wall. On TOP of the bookshelf. Shaking as that furry dog thing wanted to eat him! Lakai?

As he was scrunching he realized he didn't feel a bulge in his pocket nor feel it in his hand as he tended to hold the beaded pouch for comfort at times. Quickly sitting up a bit and frantically searched for it. Peering over and saw it on the floor about four feet from the bed. He whimpered and shook harder. Pouch bag...or stay up here where it was safe from the furry barking creature thing? He was torn. That was his treasure and only true possession. On the other hand he wouldn't make a good dinner. "Furry one I'm not a good meal. I'm skin and bones." He got out in a nervous stammer.

more_horiz
She paced around the bookcase and looked up at him with snarling teeth. She cocked her head to the side when he spoke to her. She understood him perfectly fine. He seemed to be worried about something.

Her eyes followed his gaze until she saw what he was looking at. She wolfy grinned and walked over to the bag. It smelled strongly of him. She picked it up in her teeth and shook it around before trotting out of the room with it.

more_horiz
Shikon went over to Neo and helped him down from the bookcase. "I see you've met Lakai. As I'm sure you noticed she can turn into a wolf. She's really territorial, so sorry about all this. Now let's go get that pouch back." Shikon smiled at Neo.

He felt a little bad, but for the most part he figured Lakai was just having fun and playing a game with Neo. He was new to her territory, and she was probably just messing with him. Shikon had a few hunches where to look for Lakai so he waited for Neo to be ready, as he stood by the door.

more_horiz
Lakai trotted off with the bag victoriously. She took it while the boys were talking and hid it somewhere like it was prey. After she had hidden it well she went to the living room, still in her wolf form, and hopped up on the couch where she flopped onto her side like a dog and stretched out. She dramatically yawned and stretched.

more_horiz
Neo saw the wolf she creature thing move. From his crouch on top of the bookshelf he froze. Following her with his eyes. No! His treasure! He paled then tensed as she picked it up and shook it. He didn't care about the contents of the pouch. Even if many would be unreplacable due to most put in there by Kakania and were too expensive or hard to obtain to replace. No. When she started shaking his pouch around he just froze. For a second until a noticable change in his posture and expression showed. His eyes narrowed as he only heard half of what Shikon said because he was trying to push back flashbacks. His gaze hadn't left Lakai just yet.

Near the end he looked to Shikon..saw the smile and it softened his darkening gaze a bit. "That's my treasure...its all I have left of Kakania....the humans killed her. Aside from big brother shikon and sister thana...that pouch is the only thing I would fight to keep safe." He jumped down and looked at him. His fists clenched as he felt angry and hurt...not all at Lakai but the memories he had pushed away. Blinking as he smiled softly at Shikon before taking off after the wolf. Losing her he began to frantically look under things. "Lakai! Give my treasure back!" He cried out. She was a wolf she'd hear it! Animals had good hearing.

more_horiz
Lakai heard him yell from her spot on the couch. She lifted her head to yawn and stretch while suddenly forgetting english and pretending to be a real wolf. She laid her head back down and closed her eyes while pretending to doze. Her legs hung lazily off of the couch.

more_horiz
Shikon walked out the door and looked for Lakai finding her pretty easily. He walked up to her and rubbed the top of her head. "C'mon Lakai play nice now. Where'd you hide the pouch? It means a lot to Neo." Shikon figured she wouldn't answer so he was prepared to look for the pouch. He motioned Neo over to where Lakai was. It seemed she had calmed down and was just going to play with Neo at this point.

more_horiz
Neo did child style swearing and cussing out of Lakai. Still searching under things. "Stupid mean old wolf!" He cried out in frustration. Jimmying a locked cabinet until it popped open. Looking through it and shut it again. He heard Shikon talking and went in that direction. Sulking and shaking a bit from anger. He was malnourished so it showed. His eyes narrowed as he shrank down and stalked closer. Climbing up the back of the couch and reached over. Poking her nose. "Tag...you're it." He said with a very serious tone. "Where is my pouch?" He asked seriously.

more_horiz
When shikon rubbed her head she closed her eyes and panted in bliss. She even pushed her head against his hand affectionately and licked his hand a few times.

She rolled over on her back and stretched like a lazy housedog. In reality she and loika were actually bigger than normal wolves. She was roughly the size of an irish wolfhound. She was perfectly at ease until the little one poked her nose.

She rolled upright in an instand and stood on the couch on all four paws. It this height she was nose to nose with neo. She began barking in his face in a very intimidating was.

more_horiz
Neo started shaking as he shrank down a bit then came back up and gripped her by the scruff with the hand not holding on as he moved on top of the couch. Shaking like a leaf as he gulped yet stared back at her. "G-give it b-back. Kakania...that p-pouch...are something I would...k-kill to pr-protect. G-give it back Lakai. You are s-scary b-but...I'd go naked and be alright as long as I had that pouch. Give it back to me now! I won't let you take the only treasure I have left! The humans already killed Kakania. I won't lose that too!" He shouted as he got in her face too. Shaking a bit as he teared up. "Where did you hide my pouch?" He was trying to be brave yet he was shaking like a leaf. A slight whimper but he was deteremined too. Fearful...his heart pounding in his chest but his eyes were steeled with determination.

more_horiz
Her playful demeanour suddenly changed and her eyes went cold. She grabbed his hand and twisted it so that it was very close to breaking. "Know this. Ill play with you as i choose to. You are my toy now. If i see fit i break my toys. Never touch me again. GOT IT?" Her eyes glowed like loika's did when she was worked up.

more_horiz
Shikon sighed. He put himself between the two of them. "Now now you two. Don't make me put you in timeout/" He looked at Lakai smiling and scratched behind her ears. "Drop his hand Lakai, that's enough. The bag really means a lot to him. Please give it back?" Shikon looked deeply into Lakai's mismatched eyes. He always loved the color.

more_horiz
Neo yelped and let out a whimper of pain. Freezing and listened to her. "Not really but okay whatever you say scary wolf lady." He said. Jerking and tugging as his face contorted from pain. "Ow...I really don't understand but yes ma'am..." He said shakilly. Tugging and pulling. Terror and pain won over anger. "I got the no touching part though. No more touching...ever. Not even to help you promise." he said shakily. He was agreeing out of fear and because he honestly had no desire to touch a psychopathic wolf lady. He looked down and fell silent when Shikon mentioned timeout. His mind equated this to beat to within an inch of your life due to his mother's version of timeout was quite literally that. He tugged trying to get free.

more_horiz
She growles and let go of the boy."Shikon wont always be around to protect you."She said inches from his face. She lunged at him one more time and then backed off. She nuzzled shikon's leg like an oversized pet dog and wolfy purred.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum