X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionBuying Time (R) EmptyBuying Time (R)

more_horiz
After his conversation with Loika, Chris knew what he had to do. The MRD were going to track down Ari, Thana and Jake sooner or later and the X-Men would have to deal with a fight. While he didn't doubt their capabilities in handling themselves, a fight with MRD could result in his girlfriend being hurt worse than she already was and cause unnecessary injury to the other mutants involved. Rather than leave anything to chance, the young man felt it was his duty to distract the MRD in a different part of the city to buy the recovery group time to do what they had to do.

He looked down at his phone and the number he had for Loika and gave her a call. He knew they didn't have time to do what they planned to do yet, but he left her a message all the same. "Loika - it's Chris. I trust you and your friends to do well, but I'm not sitting idly by while this happens. So, to make things easier on you, I'm going to draw MRD into Time's Square. It should buy you time to get Ari, Thana and Jake to safety. And don't think about coming after me. They want me alive, no matter what I do to their people. Besides... with all that electricity in Times Square... they won't stand a chance against me. Good luck. And thanks. I won't forget what you're doing for Ari."

He hung up and then stepped out into the center of Times Square with the lights shining and flickering around him. He smirked and noted the amount of people. He had to get their attention and cause them to disperse so that no civilians would be hurt, but also so someone would call MRD. He raised his right hand and drew out electricity from several signs and lights around the area causing people to scream and run, several making calls. He then sent some electricity back causing a sign to overload and the lights to burst. The people were clearing out quickly and then the distinct feeling of the electricity in the MRD mutant scanners could be felt drawing near. It wouldn't be long. "Well... got the people out, now let's just hope I don't get my ass killed or captured and I'll be golden... and here they come..."

descriptionBuying Time (R) EmptyRe: Buying Time (R)

more_horiz
Alec had received a few texts from people abouy chris's plan. About time someone decided to stir up some shit. There was more than enough people to go get ari and her friend, wherever they were. He hadnt seen his sister in weeks. All he knew was that his sister was safe for the most part.

When he was finally let in on the plan he decided it was time to play as well. On his way to the square, he had figured out the location from the news, he "commandeered a police horse. The officer wouldnt feel the generosity when he woke up later.

He galloped into time square on a large red mare. She praced through the screaming crowd and snorted. Alec waved to chris. "oiy tryin to raise hell without me mate?!"

more_horiz
"Sir, citizens report large mutant activity on Time Square," said one of the M.R.D agents.
"Great, just what we need." said Johnson.

He was Deputy Director of M.R.D unit and was in charge of all the units of the department. Scarlett was just one bad ass agent and took no directions from him. Yes, he chewed her out for that, but to Scarlett it mattered not.

"Assemble all available units and send them there." said Johnson.
"Yes, sir."
"Jones," the director pulled aside another agent. "Has anyone seen Hawthorne?"
"She hasn't been seen in two weeks now, sir."
"Does anyone know where she's gone?"
"I don't know, sir."
"Great. Go on, get ready."

In the next twenty minutes, 3 M.R.D's armored vehicles were speeding down the road toward the Time Square. Upon arrival, they rushed out like SWAT team and put out shields to protect themselves.

more_horiz
Loika left the hotel they were supposed to pick the girls up as soon as she heard the voicemail from chris. The idiot was going to get himself killed. She ran through miles of new york in her wolf form to get here. Hopefully the chaos of a wolf running loose in new york would add to mrd confusion.

She saw a young man on a horse and chris  both causing total chaos. If you cant beat em. She hopped up on a car and let out a loud howl. She would join for now but she was giving the boy a talkin to later. For now they had some shit to take care of. She hopped off of the car and snarled at the oncoming officers.

more_horiz
Chris stopped sending currents everywhere once the crowd dispersed with them not being intended targets The MRD was who he wanted and if he could draw in enough of them, he'd know the X-Men would have little to no trouble at all moving the mutants to safety. It was worth the risk to him and no one would tell him different. He was a soldier in his heart and he felt more at home in a frontline assault than a covert operation anyway. Then he heard the horse and the distinct voice of Alec.

"I'm the mutant, but when a man rides into battle on a horse, I call that a better entrance than my commotion," he smiled softly at the man and narrowed his eyes, staring down the streets intersecting where he was standing. He turned back to Alec to give him the run down on what he could feel approaching. "They're coming from every street... vehicles judging by the battery output and scanners. I can hold this position. I'm not invincible, but I can produce an electric field around me. The small magnetic field it will produce will be enough to stop weapons. So long as they don't roll up in a tank, this distraction will work. Thanks, Alec. Truly." His goal, despite the anger running through him, wasn't to murder the men and women arriving but simply buy time and as tempting as it was to lash out at their vehicles electrocuting everyone inside, he had to wait until they got out if his plan would work.

He stood still waiting as they exited the vans dressed in tactical gear with shields. He hadn't had a good fight in a long time and was both looking forward to and dreading all the same. With his friend near, who was also a fellow soldier, it made the fight easier to face. Then a wolf turned up and he chuckled, looking over at it. "Told you not to come. But since you're here now, might as well get to work, shall we? You can bitch at me later if you want."

He noted the locations of the MRD agents and focused on creating an electric forcefield around himself. He could extend it to include Loika and Alec, but they wouldn't be able to walk out of it without a shock and would also require greater strength on his part that he needed for the fight with the men in SWAT gear. He took the chance to speak to the men. "You've been looking for me - here I am."

more_horiz
"Dont worry about me. Im pretty much invincible!"A human voice came out of the wolf.She paced the edge of the forcefield lookimg for an openning. When she realized there wasnt one she just decided to go for it. Either way it was gunna hurt.

She lept through the forcefield, yelping a little when it shocked her. The kid was strong. Once she was out she growled the officers and charged with teeth bared.

more_horiz
"MUTANTS!" said Johnson over the megaphone. "DISPERSE OR WE WILL OPEN FIRE!"

The man stood ready with their guns pointed at then and front line was shielded wall. The team has been prepared for everything mutants were ready to dish out. Deep inside these men were terrified of what stood in front of them, but no one was willing to leave and be marked as a weakling and a traitor to human cause.

"I REPEAT," said Johnson again. "DISPERSE OR WE WILL OPEN FIRE!"

more_horiz
After reuniting with Jenica he'd spent quite a bit of time with her. Now he was jumping from rooftop to rooftop excersizing so to speak. He soon became interested in the sounds of commotion below. He loved a good gamble and followed the sounds of chaos to a rooftop that was high enough he'd go unnoticed at first but low enough nobody was looking like ants. A man on a horse, a wolf that soon joined and a guy sparking more electricity than a bunch of torned down electrical wires. Shuffling the deck of cards back and forth they began to gain a strange pink sheen now and then.

He saw them leveling the guns and the burning red eyes shined as the cards flew up into the air and launched one after the other off the top of the deck towards the gunsmans hands. One by one the cards hit with deadly accuracy and released enough explosive force you would have to be wearing a tank not to by reflex drop whatever's in your hands. Standing tall on the edge of the building. "Remy always found it interesting when large groups of people gather to play toy soldiers against a smaller number of people. An interesting gambling odds." He said as he watched the others down there.

Cards shuffling back and forth...least half a deck remained Normal humans would generally be forced to drop the guns and shields in their hands from the explosive kinetic force he'd powered them playing guards with. Looking down at them. "Mind if I join in the game?" He asked Christopher with a devilish yet charmng tone to his words.

more_horiz
Jj kept up with remy by teleporting. She was doing alot better, still missing a landing point here and here she was doing alot better. She almost giggled at the excitement of working with him again.

She perched on the edge ofthe building with him and looked at the watch she wore on her wrist that didnt even work. She sighed and then gasped when a brick she was perching on broke and fell. As she watched it fall she cocked her head and it gave her an idea. "They are making a distractionto save a few mutants. We have to help. We know chris in th future. Love you."

Before he could argue she grabbed a couple bricks and teleported. She reappeared in the air over the mrd agents long enough to drop the bricks on their heads then dissapeared again to another rooftop. Everytime she dissapeared there was a puff of purple smoke. She repeated the process of porting and dropping bricks.

more_horiz
When the explosion happened near the man. The men opened fire without Johnson's approval. But to him, it was just going to justified reason.

"Men, spread out!" yelled Gonzales, a rising agent with top marks in shooting and leadership. All, twenty agents spread out making ti difficult for mutants to take them out as one.

Then, bricks began to fall from the top. It wasn't a big deal as they put up shields to protect themselves. Bullets began rain from every guns which was drawn.

Suddenly, bike sound was getting nearer and louder by the minute.
There was Scarlett Hawthorne riding in on a stolen bike with her coat flapping behind her. She saw the bit on a tv as it was covered by almost every news company there was in NY.
"LOOK ALIVE BOYS!" yelled Scarlett as she got off the bike and drew her guns. It was going to a slaughter for the agents and she knew that, but she refused to bow down before mutant filth.

more_horiz
(pretty sure even realistically exploding cards into each and every man's hands with the guns would have forced them to drop the guns but alright XD second time will for sure LOL)

Remy repeated the action to forcefully cause the men to drop their guns by sending the playing cards with explosive kinetic force into the M.R.D. gunsmans hands. "Exploding cards. Life's but a gamble and I play to win." he called out as he watched the guns get dropped right as the men started firing bullets. Nobody could handle two times of having exploding cards hitting their gun hands. Not even trained soldiers...less it was Wolverine. He remembered a fight with that guy...fast as it hit him he was healing and ready for more.

This action though after repeating it leaving him with only a quarter a deck of cards left before he saw others showing up. He grinned to J.J. happy to be working with her again. Jumping from rooftop to rooftop he soon drew his bow staff to help propolse him across the space to land on the same rooftop as Jenica. "Remy gets it. Love you too. Well Jenica...let's make sure their mission goes well then yes?" He said with a devilish grin. His bo staff crackling with kinetic energy. Keeping an eye on her and using his bo staff to cover J.J. from some of the return fire. Jumping building to building to keep up with her porting.

more_horiz
Loika had an mrd officer pinned to a wall behind his shield. She was barking and snarling more fiercely than any police dog. She snapped at any part of him she could. At one point she got ahold of his pant leg but he used the butt of his gun to fight her off.

She lunged again when she heard scarlett. Her rage was hitting a high point. She was almost seeing red. She remembered the bitch. She went after scarlett instead. She ran for her at high speed snarling.

more_horiz
Chris smirked at Loika's comment not finding her confidence to be arrogant, but welcome. She was right, though. He'd seen first-hand what her ability of healing could do and found it remarkable and didn't see a need in arguing a point with her, especially after she charged through his high-voltage forcefield. The girl had guts and he couldn't help but admire that.

"Oh, by all means, please fire...," muttered Chris beneath his breath knowing all too well that the electric current he'd produced would protect he and his allies from gunfire. The electromagnetism it produced would also add a buffer. He wasn't a fool and knew it wouldn't hold out forever, but would buy Loika enough time to draw their attention and Alec, too then he could send some electricity their way and cause a little havoc, which given his current frame of mind was as enticing as a chocolate cake to a hungry child.

When the other mutant male showed up asking to join in, the electric mutant turned his head and nodded affirmatively to him. He didn't recognize him as anyone he'd met before but if he was willing to assist in the distraction, he wasn't going to protest especially after seeing what he could do with his own abilities.

The bullets fired by the MRD had zero effect on Chris and his human friend who was behind the forcefield. Chris merely shook his head and looked at Alec. "These men are obviously outgunned here - we can't kill them, alright? Wounding is fine, but nothing too extreme." He then focued back on the men in front of him and saw the motorcycle approaching. The woman on it drew the mutant's attention and his eyes narrowed. "She, on the other hand can die."

"Did you find my present for you, Scarlett? If not, you soon will. My gift to you. It's the least I could do after all you've done for us," he bellowed toward her then gritted his teeth and directed his right hand forward sending a massive bolt of electricity out of his fingertips with a distinct sound of thunder passing into the forcefield then through it and down the street toward the MRD woman.

more_horiz
Remy watched Jenica. When able to land on a building next to her he poked her. "Remy has an idea from J.J.'s idea." He said. Pointing to the vehicles. "Let's take out their drivers and use your bricks to auto drive their cars into a wall." He suggested. Meaning put the bricks on the gas pedals and let the vehicles take themselves out. Looking down at the woman's motorcycle. Be so easy to pickpocket her or hotwire those wheels. A look hit his burning eyes a moment while the bo staff sent kinetic energy into the bullets propelling them back at the men who started shooting at Jenica and himself.

Though covering J.J's back was more his priority. "Can Remy steal that motorcycle for the Wolverine man Jenica? All Robinhood style as their isn't anything more wicked than a rotten apple." He asked and said with a sexy and devilish smile. Old habits died hard and it was just like Robinhood in this instance...stealing from the wicked and giving to the poor or good. Right?

more_horiz
Jj looked at the cars. It was a good idea but the gunfire was making her anxious. She grabbed a couple of bricks. "Lets worry about the fight first before we steal anything my sexy cajun. Ill be back." She teleported off of the roof and into one of the cars she knocked out the driver then jammed the brick into the accelerator. She teleported out as it sped out and moved onto the next one. She teleported to another roof to grab more bricks an continued to the process with other cars.

more_horiz
Remy switched from bo staff to cards and began to follow after jenica. Using kinetically charged playing cards to safe guard her. Jumping from rooftop to roof top he kept her back covered. "One down. Two to go." he called to her. "I got your back." he said. Flipping onto the next roof. He stood on the rooftop he was on now. The only ones with guns now seemed to be that woman and one or two the higher ups. So keeping Jenica safe from gunfire seemed like it was going to be easy. The woman had bigger issues...like her own form of a ragin cajun...so to speak. He watched her as she continued. Sending the playing cards after her to cover her back...almost literally. "Two down. One more." he cheered her on with a grin. She said fight first before they steal...so maybe she might let him take the motorcycle with her in tow as their getaway ride. The idea filled him with glee. Sending a card through the window of the last car to explode in the mans face. Impact knocking him out...or fright he couldn't tell.

more_horiz
Scarlett is no longer available. Since she is somewhat the target of the thread, if you all want to end the thread and head back to the mansion its okay.

more_horiz
(Daaaaarrrnn. Okay, then. I'm good with moving on to the mansion unless anyone else has something they wish to do.)

more_horiz
((steal scarletts bike. :P

Since she is no longer available we can say Agent Stormborne came and helped her with the escape after Christopher gave her the shock of her life...literally. XD

other than Remy stealing the motorcycle for Wolverine not really much else to do but wrap up the thread.))

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum