X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

The Monk Meets Horses ~G~

descriptionCompleteThe Monk Meets Horses ~G~

more_horiz
Gigi wandered around exploring the new place. His bare feet had found stone, grass, and many other things beneath it. There may have been noises or people yelling but they never reached the introvert in his little world. His feet led him around the grounds towards some random area. Not too long after the sound of neighing and a whinny made him lift his gaze from the ground before him. Tilting his head to the side a bit. It wasn't human and he was curious what it was. He'd seen 'horses' in books and knew they were an animal. He'd never seen one in person. Crawling through the open part of a fence and walked into the stable.

The latch eye hook was one of the simplest puzzles out there. Though he had to jump a few times before he could make it open. Opening the way enough to slip inside and following the sounds. He came face to face with a horse. "Horsey?" He sounded out slowly. Rocking back and forth on his feet. Curiousity in his eyes.

descriptionCompleteRe: The Monk Meets Horses ~G~

more_horiz
Ari limped slightly as she walked out to the barn. She was in clothes borrowed from another girl at the school. She still didnt feel right about it but hey they were clean. She left chris sleeping in the house. She wanted to see the horses. Horses reminded her of her dad...

She walked up to a stall with a grey stallion named ghost. He and the buckskin mare in the stall next to him belonged to loika. Ghost had been a champion show horse in his day, if arabella remembered what loika told her. Loika had given her permission to handle her horses since she had experience with horses.

She slipped ghost's halter on and led him out of the stalls to the crossties. The ex showjumper was truly a beautiful animal. She took out a curry comb and began to brush the dirt and poo out of his fur.

more_horiz
Gigi approached a brown horse with white patches on the top of his muzzle. Reaching a hand out he lightly rubbed the top of its muzzle. Blinking as it leaned over the side of the stall and knickered at him. He laid his face against the horse. "Animals are safe..." he said softly. Leaning forwards and lightly rubbed his face against the horses. All his worries and thoughts fleeing. His feet rocked slightly back and forth. "So peaceful....like home." He said to the horse.

more_horiz
She didnt notice the boy when she came in with her ipod in her ears. She was listening to Yoyo ma's concertos. While she was brushing ghost she took her earbuds out and plugged her ipod into the dock. Cello music played softly in the barn. She missed her cello. All of her stuff really.

She put away the curry comb and started using a soft brush to remove all of the dirt she worked up. She talked to ghost as she brushed. " My dad would have liked you. You have calm eyes. Sweet eyes. Aren't you a pretty boy. My dad used to be a mounted officer for the queen. He worked with horses. They were his life. He died at work..." She spoke with a British accent. The horse seemed to find her soothing.

more_horiz
Gigi soon heard music that tore his quiet mesmorization with his face buried into the horses neck. He patted it lightly and moved towards the beautiful sounds. Music...music was beautiful. He moved towards the dock playing the music then sat down listening to it. "So pwetty..." he said. Sounding like a real kid for a moment. His features softened as he listened to music he'd never heard before. A soft voice hitting his ears but she had an angel soft voice so it was soothing and calming. Like the music. He didn't touch it just sat there and listened to the ipod's cello music.

more_horiz
She hesitated while brushing the horse. She started to cry. She missed her family so much. She was even starting to miss her sisters. She missed mum and dad. Everything since she came here was death and fighting. She wasn't like Loika or the other girls. She wasn't tough. She could be a bit of a cry baby. 

Ghost snorted and rubbed his nose on her shoulder. For a big horse he was really a gentle giant. " Thanks boy. You're sweet. Lets go for a ride." She rubbed his nose and turned around to get his tack. She let out a startled yelp and jumped when she saw the little boy. " Bloody hell! where did you come from! You gave me a fright!"

more_horiz
Gigi jumped and looked at her. He put his hands together and gave a very apologetic bow. Scrambling and tripped over his feet when she jumped. Moving backwards and rocked back and forth. Looking down then stared up at her. "Horses." He said softly. Pointing to the brown horse with the patches of white on it. He then pointed to her music. "Pretty...sorry...angel girl has a soothing voice." He said before he withdrew and just answered on instinct due to training. After that he didn't plan to speak. Just write it. Though her voice was soothing and the music transfixed him so that was probably why he spoke. That or...in his mind angels weren't people so they were okay to talk to. Who knows really?

more_horiz
Ghost startled when ari jumped but not by much. Ari patted his neck to calm him with one hand while the other was over her heart. "Its ok i just-you frightened me. I didnt know anyone else was in here. Its ok."

She picked up the brush she dropped and dusted it off. "Yes they are horses. They can be scared easily so be careful ok? You wanna brush ghost and give him some treats?"

more_horiz
Gigi looked at the music again. Losing focus until the angel girl spoke again. Looking at her and did the apologetic bow again. Though he just stood there. Hands clasped in front of him as he listened to her speak. "Angel girl has soothing voice and horses. Its calm and serene here." he said with a soft yet slightly happy tone. It made perfect sense to him. He looked at her and moved closer slowly. He looked at her and nodded his head. He looked at her a bit. "Yes." He said with a smile. He liked animals and wanted to brush the gentle beautiful creature before him. He felt honored the soothing voiced angel girl offered for him. He moved closer slowly and stood beside her. Waiting for instructions from her.

more_horiz
She knelt down to his level and gently took his hand. She took a few baby carrots out of her pocket and put them on his hand. "Hold your hand out flat just like that. Ghost is very gentle but horses cant always tell between fingers and food. Okay now hold your hand out under his mouth."She stayed next to him so he wouldnt be scared.

more_horiz
Gigi looked at the angel and let her move his hand. A smile hit his face. Carrots. Those were yummy in the vegetable stews that the shaolin monks made. He never could learn it. He knew how to make it but putting it into action not concept escaped him. He did as she said. "Gigi agree. Horses gentle and pretty like angel girl. Like music." He said slowly. Sounding out the words. He giggled a bit as she said they couldn't always tell the difference. Holding his hand up slowly and carefully. Arabella had a strangely relaxing aura to her. He watched to see Ghost stick his face in his palm

more_horiz
When ari touched his hand with her own she froze. She was seeing everything in his thoughts and memories. It was horrible what he went through. As soon as he was ok feeding the horse on his own she let go. She stood back and watched. She used a handkerchief to wipe the blood from her nose before tucking it away and grabbing the brush again.

She handed it to the little boy and picked him up so he could reach ghost (im assuming hes small enough to pick up). "Brush with the direction of his fur otherwise dirt will irritate him with a saddle. Why do you call me an angel?"

more_horiz
Gigi felt when Ari connected with his own energy...so to speak. He didn't react except to look at her confusedly. As quickly as she may have caught everything he paid little attention too she'd be able to see the peaceful and tranquil scene of a mountain, a beautiful temple, cherry and sakura blossoms, lovely green fields, a soothing spring and waterfall and peaceful surroundings that Gigi kept actively in his mind through meditation and as his world within the world...keepign his homelands alive. Though he didn't notice the blood or focus on anything long.

Soon giggling as the mouth of Ghost tickled as he munched the baby carrots out of his hands. His face lighting up and he kissed the horse lightly after it lifed up on top of the snout. Blinking and watched her pick him up. He wasn't used to this in a long time. Taking the brush and followed the angel girl's instructions. Holding it with both hands and gently, patiently and carefully did as instructed. "Your energies are pure and soothing like angels. Your voice soothing, peaceful and gentle. It calm horses and others. Reminds of Gigi home. You sweet  and kind like angel. Atmosphere near and around angel girl is calm and serene." He finished as the situation was perfect for getting him  to interact. In his mind she was not like other people...she was an angel.

Even if he wasn't getting attached she was safe because of many reasons. Adding in the fact that with the presence of the animals...focusing on Ghost and brushing it...helped anchor him to the world everyone else lived in outside his personal world. The fact she was more like the Shaolin Monksthan others...helped anchor the mildly autistic introvert to the world Arabella was in. Amongst other things as well.. Interacting because even more so now he couldn't see Arabella as anything other than an angel. She wasn't like other females he had encountered since they got here.

( lol yes. he is small enough to pick up. ^^)

more_horiz
( I find it funny he sees me as an angel, since my powers are killing me ill be an angel sooner than later haha)

She held him up so that he could easily brush ghost's dapple grey coat. " You are doing really good. See how hes holding his ears? That means hes relaxing. If his ears are forward  and up then hes alert to something or anxious." 

She listened to him as he talked and couldnt help blushing slightly. It was sweet that the little guy thought she was an angel.Her legs were starting to hurt a little but it wasnt super horrible yet. She carried him around to the other side and let him brush the other side. " Once we finish up here ill show you how to tack up. Thats when you put the saddle and bridle on the horse so you can ride it." She thought for a few moments while he brushed. " I didnt know pain or death except my own before i came here. Now it seems thats all that happens around me. My powers are shortening my life. I guess i consider it ironic that you see me as an angel."

more_horiz
(XD it is morbidly comical I agree LOL though its also a huge compliment ^^)

Gigi listened as he used both hands to getnly brush the horse's coat. Looking to the ears. Nodding his head as he memorized what she told him. In a bit of a sing song way. Forwards up alert or bad. Back is good. He smiled as he brushed the other side of the horse. Listening to her as she spoke. "What saddle and bridle?" he asked curiously. He had never heard of either of these. He was curious as to what they could be. Continuing to brush before smiling at the angel girl when he'd finished brushing the other side too. He nodded his head. "Much pain, suffering and bad energies in America." He agreed with her. Keeping it simple.

Looking at her as she spoke. "You live life really knowing life. Many live long life and never know life. Angel girl live life and knows life better than many grown people. That is gift in itself." He said slowly to sound out something the Shaolin Monks teach him. "Yet even see good and bad sides of life angel girl stay sweet and soothing. Bring sense of calm and serenity to her surroundings. Many can't do that." He spoke all these words slowly and fell silent. He thought the words and meant positive things. Compliments even because to him these were all very good things. He'd been taught this.

more_horiz
"I was raised that way in england. Raised to be a noble. Ive even been to parties the queen hosted. A lady must be calm and collected at all times. You wait here."She set him down and went into a side room. She came back with a leather english saddle. She put it on ghost's back and adjusted it. She showed the boy how to adjust the girth.

She went back into the room and came back with a bridle and explained what it was. She put her thumb in the corner of ghost's mouth and slid the bit in. She pulled the rest onto his head and buckled the strap. "I know hes big but do you want to go for a ride? You are small enough you can ride with me."

more_horiz
Gigi looked at her a bit. Wow...she outranked him in social ranking standards. It made sense though since in his mind she was an angel. He didn't think queens and ladies really existed until now though. Just stories he heard about from some of the older monks. The ones too old to journey any longer. When he was set down and told to wait he did. Rocking very subtly back and forth as he set the brush down before him. Clasping his hands in front of him. When she came back and explained he was curious about the bridles...bit. He wanted to test how that worked...later. On himself because it didn't seem right to satisfy his weird curiousities with the animals. He looked up at her a bit and nodded his head. Smiling brightly. "I would be honor to ride with angel girl." He said with a smile. He moved over to her and waited to be instructed.

more_horiz
She lifted the boy again since he agreed and put him on ghost. Normally she could just get on but with her legs damaged it was a no go. Instead she used a bucket and climbed on behind him. She picked up the reins squeezed on ghost gently with her legs. Ghost picked up the cue and began walking.

As she guided him out of the door she explained to the boy how leg signals and reins work on steering horses. She also explained the different speeds of the horse. Outside ghost crunched through the snow in the riding paddock.

more_horiz
Gigi looked at her and sat where she put him. Giggling a bit. "Angel girl strong." he said in awe. Not really that strong but she had been making a bit of a limping motion every now and then. After putting him down from brushing the horse. So he assumed she was hurting and yet still moving. Still doing things. To him that was strength. She was strong because pain or not she still did things...like his mentors often did. He shook his head to clear clouding thoughts. He watched her get up and held on lightly to the mane. Very very gently...like he had the scruff on the wolf ladies back...before face planting into sleep. He watched as they moved. Looking to the legs and studied. Observed...listened. Memorized. A smile plastered on his face as he pointed to the snow. "What that?"

more_horiz
Ghost picked his way through the snow like he was a pro at it. Ari shivered and tried to wrap some of her coat around the boy to keep him warm. " It's snow. Snow is really just frozen rain. The air is so cold out that the rain freezes into snowflakes. Every snowflake is completely different." She quietly thought about what she had told him. Mutants were alot like snowflakes. Delicate and totaly original in their own ways. She tried to think of something else. Thinking too deep would only lead to trouble. " So what do you think, of the riding?"

more_horiz
Gigi leaned back to share his warmth with Arabella. Like most humans...some were naturally warm. Some were naturally cold. Others held a normal temperature but felt cold or warm one way or another. Gigi was one of those people who was naturally warm...to others. He appreciated her kind gesture. Even if he was certain it would train endurance and tolerance if he remained in the cold. The gesture was apparently of some unknown importance to the angel girl. It would be disrespectful and rude to refuse. Right? He didn't know. He listened as she spoke. "Snow...so the frozen water is snow. Gigi understands. Never call it anything just accept it. Thank you." he said respectfully. Glad to learn more from her. Looking at the horse and then to her. "Soothing."

more_horiz
Ari let them ride in silence. It was nice. No one asking her anything or seeing how she was feeling. She felt dumb for feeling relieg and relatiation around the boy. The only sound was ghosts's hooves in the snow.

After a while she nudged ghost into a trot. His long legs made for smooth movement as he lightly trotted through the snow. She took him around the paddock a few times before heading back to the barn. She was getting cold and she betted ghost and the boy were too.

more_horiz
Gigi enjoyed the ride. He stayed slightly anchored to reality due to the angel girl behind him. He played gently with Ghost's mane but didn't pull too hard. He loved the relaxing feel of the motions the horse made. He was happy he could seem to give the girl warmth. Since she was kind enough to try and for the most part...succeed...in sharing her jacket she was wearing. Not that he had the slightest inclination what that object she was wearing was called. The shining and glittering of the snow in the sunlight had him transfixed and mesmorized. Smiling as he liked the serene, blissful and peaceful silence, their snow covered horseride had. Though the sound of the music she'd left on there soon brought his attention to the change of scenery. He stayed silently. Lightly petting the animals head. Two anchors to the world everyone else was in.

more_horiz
They had been out almost an hour when she rode ghost back into the barn. She got down first then helped gigi. "That was your first ride. Congrats. Ill have to teach you more when it warms up. Maybe they have a pony i can teach you on. What do you think?"She started unsaddling ghost and putting his tack away as she talked to him.

more_horiz
Gigi enjoyed the connection to the horse. The angel girl was a more realistic anchor that the presence of Ghost helped him focus not just exist completely. Animals always helped him interact with the people of the world he physically also existed in. Yet stayed within the world of his own world unless forced to interact or necessary for learning. When he learned the motions he would memorize where to go and when. He could learn but he'd never interact outside of his puzzles, animals or those rare people...or in Arabella's case the angel girl...who existed inside his world too.

Or animals could be used as a sort of connector to reality and he'd react more. The ride was fun but his mind danced with thoughts others most likely would never know. He smiled brightly at her. Grateful he had done well his first lesson with the angel sensei. He looked at her and let her help him down. Doing what he could to not add further weight or assist without seemign to do so. "Thank you. Gigi would like that." He said with a smile. He let her help him down because it seemed to be an action of some meaning to the angel girl. He could have easily gotten down without startling the horse but he did not wish to offend the young student teacher.

He nodded his head. Running his hand lightly over Ghost's side. "I like animals. Horses...angel girl too."

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum