X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionComplete Like the training montage from Rocky (PG-13)

more_horiz
Delphi has been in this place so many times she might as well start sleeping in here, there were so many memories in here and it had only been a week, she fell through that bookcase over there, that table was the one she hid under with Mack. She wasn't just in here because she couldn't sleep or because she was bored she was here to learn a vital skill she had over looked as a child, she was excited that Thana agreed to help her learn sign, and maybe she could even help with her powers.

As she waited the little paper swans she made sat on the table levitating, if she made enough maybe she could have a small army? As she pondered that thought the door opened and she whipped her head toward the large cedar doors to see if her tutor had arrived!

descriptionCompleteRe: Like the training montage from Rocky (PG-13)

more_horiz
Thana had once again found herself at Xaviers Academy. Having forewarned her brother and the Professor Xavier that she was coming, she made her way up to the Library after she arrived on her motorbike. Her Leather Jacket swinging as she met the doors to the Library. "Hey Delphi." Thana said, as she walked in.

Thana wondered if Delphi had always been deaf, but it wasn't time to ask. Not now. "How are you Delph?" Thana asked her, and looked over at the origami swans. They were beautiful. "Ready to try learn?"

more_horiz
Delphi had ceased her swans flight, having them land on the table in front of her, she could play with her origami animals later. She looked up at Thana and smiled excitedly.
She nodded yes to the girls question and cleared off the table except for her white board, incase she needed to communicate something through writing, she could always use her paper scraps but she wanted her paper-manipulation to be used less for communication and more for combat purposes same with her phasing, except she'd like for the awful visions to go away.

She stood up and went over to pull out a chair for her ASL tutor and then went to go sit back down in her own chair, she crossed her legs daintily and waited for further instruction form Thana.

more_horiz
Thana smiled at how formal Delphi was being and jumped up on the table, crossing her legs and sitting casually. " Delphi not so damn formal, I'm not your teacher I'm a friend." Thana told her, " Okay. Now I'm not all boring humdrum, so come on get up." Thana said to her, and walked downstairs with Delphi to her motorbike. " Easiest way to learn is to be out and about ." She explained, signing what she said as well. " Trust me Delphi, I'm careful on the motorbike. Here ." Thana told her, handing Delphi a helmet and a leather jacket. " Now you look more like me."

more_horiz
Delphi had been called many things but formal wasn't one of them, she was typically described as dainty but maybe she could break that idea of her being a Disney princess, she wasn't afraid to be a little rough and tumble sometimes. After she picked up her belongings and dropped off her things at her room.

When she joined Thana outside she straightend out her skirt not wanting to mess it up too much when on the other girls bike, after she did that she pulled on the leather jacket and placed the helmet on over her mousy blonde curls and hopped onto the motorcycle. Maybe a field trip would be a good idea

more_horiz
Thana smiled and looked back at Delphi, "Ready?" She asked, and started the motorbike. Driving gently so she didn't scare Delphi she rode out of the Mansion grounds. Carefully Riding as she had a passenger.  She rode silently until they made it to a garden, a public one and Thana turned off the bike. Getting off and offered a hand to Delphi so she didn't accidently flash or something. Skirts weren't always the best to ride down the street in.

"Okay, we're in a garden. So sign to me everything you can identify." Thana said, followed by signing what she said.

more_horiz
On the ride there Delphi held on tight Thana afraid she might fall off the bike, she didn't know if it was possible but at the time the thought seemed rational, it was almost like she was hugging onto the girl for dear life even though they were going at a moderate speed but she was still a bit freaked out, thankfully her powers didn't spazz because she was afraid, the last thing she wanted to do was to phase through Thana.

When they got to their destination Delphi took the hand she was offered and she hopped gently from the bike and when she landed on the ground she straightened out her light pink skater, fixed her helmet hair and slid off the leather jacket, she looked at the garden, it was beautiful all the color and freshly blossomed blooms everywhere, this would be a wonderful place to curl up with a book.She was thinking of how to answer Thanas question she never learnt proper ASL she only knew how to write things down make sentences with her pyprokenesis and she could also mouth words.... But not sign.... So she decided to give a sheepish smile and the international sign for "I have no idea" by shrugging her shoulders and tilting her head

more_horiz
Thana smiled, its okay. "At least you are honest." Thana said, and signed what she said as well. "Okay I will start with the first few things. " She promised, and began singing things. Explaining what they were while doing it. Bird. Flower. Tree. she signed, and showed how to do it with ASL. "See not everything is hard. Now, I want you to sign what a flower is." Thana suggested, and sat on the bench. Spending time with Delphi, made her feel normal.

Everything that Thana said she signed, and she slowly but surely kept teaching new things and gave examples for the girl to remember. Smiling as she actually enjoyed it.

more_horiz
Delphi smiled at Thanas encouragement, she was patient, Delphi liked that. The blonde watched her friend demonstrate the other signs and she repeated the signs with her own fingers, or at least she tried to. She moved her fingers to make them into the sign "Flower" she mouthed the word as she signed it and showed it to her tutor to see if what she formed was correct. she was glad that her and Thana came her to work on signing instead of the library, she felt at peace here amongst the flowers and Thana made it very easy to be open.

more_horiz
Thana smiled and nodded, "Perfect. " She said, Delphi was a quick learner. She smiled and nodded, and showed it back to her to make sure she got it. Giving encouragement. The garden was beautiful, and Thana felt happy here.

Making sure Delphi got it, Thana put the sign for flower into a sentence. I like to see the flowers. She signed, and said it so Delphi definitely got it.

more_horiz
She was at peace and it was nice that she could escape for a bit her and Thana would have to do this again or at least more often. She watched Thana sign out the sentence and she was a bit over whelmed at first, but she read Thanas lips and watched as her fingers moved and Delphi repeated it, she was a bit unsure but she thought she did it right. She remembered she heard someone once say that the American language was one of the hardest, well signing it only made it tougher, but with her friends encouragement she was beginning to feel that she could really learn to sign.

more_horiz
Thana smiled in encouragement, and gently corrected one small thing other then that Delphi got it right. Thana nodded and smiled, "You got it" She said, and it she got it very well. "You are a very quick learner." Thana encouraged, and pulled out some cans of drinks and offered one to Delphi.

"Take a break, and rest for a bit." Thana told her, and opened her can easily with one hand. And took a sip of hers, and offered some Fantales to Delphi as well. An Australian caramel lolly, and she loved it. She hoped Delphi did as well.

more_horiz
Delhi smiled and signed thank you to Thana, she was having fun and she felt at home, she took the Australian treat from Thana after she offered the blonde some of it, it was good, it made her think of all the times her and her mother used to cook cupcakes together. She wondered what Thanas family was like and since they were taking a break from the lesson seemed as good a time as any, so she signed out her question and mouthed the words as well incase her signs were off "So what was it like back in Australia?" It seemed like a good question since a couple days ago she told Thana about where she grew up when they were all at Mel's.

more_horiz
Thana looked at Delphi, " Australia was a lot of fun. It was when I was young and care free, I left before I was ten." Thana said, she knew Delphi would want to know about her family. "My family is dead. They were killed in Australia." Thana told her, "And until recently I didn't know I had a twin brother. He is all I have. We have matching powers." Thana explained.

It didn't feel as hard to talk to Delph  as it was for her to talk to everyone else. "But I was happy there, and I am happy now. I had a lot of bad stuff happen, but a lot of good came of it." Thana told her friend.

more_horiz
Delphi felt a little bad about Thanas parents being dead but she could tell that Thana wouldn't want that, and even though her parents were alive she could very much relate to having a brother, granted they weren't twins and they have recently drifted apart for some reason Delphi didn't even know. It actually made her miss Dorian a bit, they were so close but then there's a blank spot and after that he sort of shut her out, but now wasn't the time to dwell on that thought.

"I have a brother too! Well a big brother named Dorian, I call him Dori though. Who's you're brother?" The mousy blonde asked by making the words shapes with her mouth and signing them as well with what little sign language she knew, Dorian was able to read her lips which is why she would make the shapes of words, saying them however, well that was never going to happen, but she didn't really worry about that with Thana, she felt encouraged, which is exactly why she came to New York, to feel excepted by people who understood.

more_horiz
Thana smiled and shrugged it off, speaking back to her. "My brother is Lokiith, the party boy at your school when he can be bothered attending." Thana answered, and nodded encouragingly , Delphi really was a quick learner. She decided now would be a good time to give her her gift, and Thana reached into her jacket and pulled it out. A small black case covered the iPad that Thana handed over to Delphi.

"It's yours, I've already installed video tutorials on Sign Language. Plus you can record your own with the app." Thana said, and smiled. It was a small gift, but one Delphi could use. "Plus a thousand or so games, but its up to you what ones you want to keep and what not." She explained, and refused to take it back.

more_horiz
Delphi had never met Lokiith and she couldn't complain she wasn't good around those types of people the party type was never her type, she was almost afraid to meet him, the only students she has met were Mack (the little stinker) and Arabella who she had a very strong connection with.

When she was handed the ipad she couldn't have been more grateful, tears almost swelled up in her baby blue eyes, no one has ever done anything this nice for her.  Delphi was tempted to reject the fantastic gift she had received, but Thana seemed like the type of girl to not take no as answer so she accepted. Finally there was something she could other then paper as her voice, she could save that for reading and when she needed to use her gift of paper control. Delphi opened up one of her apps and Delphi typed in her sentence and in a monotone voice the words, "Thana, this is the greatest thing anyone has ever given to me, thank you so much, this is amazing." The voice that came out of the speaker wasn't exactly the voice she would've given herself but the fact she could finally hear what she had to say was the thing she thought of as most important.

more_horiz
Thana smiled and waved the girls thanks off, "My cousin was almost fully deaf, she got one of the first versions. I thought you would like to save some paper." She said, and smiled. It felt good to see a girl smile, especially a friend.

"Well you can set whatever voice you want, and find one you like. Its not perfect but I thought it would help." Thana told her, and smiled and finished her drink and put it in the bin. "Any questions on anything?" Thana asked her friend.

more_horiz
Delphi played around with all the bells and whistles of her new device while she listened to her friend talk to her, she was actually really good with laptops and this sort of stuff, her father was an engineer and she used to watch a lot of what he would do she knew what an ipad was ,obviously, and her dad had one but she never had one, she never thought one could help her speak.

She owed so much to Thana, no one had ever cared this much about her (outside her family of course) and even though she had only recently met Thana she felt like a sister. Delphi nodded yes to the question that she was good and didn't have any questions, after that she typed in "Thana, trust me it is more then perfect, it's amazing you have given me something I never thought I'd be able to have, a voice, and even though it isn't a real one it is just as good." She smiled and tried signing some of the words as the statement she typed in played. She then sat down the iPad on the bench and stood up straightening out her skirt and enveloped her friend into a hug.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum