X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompletesoul food (r)

more_horiz
Alec made his way to the kitchen to fix some food up for the people left at the school. Most of the students wet home to thier families with new york under mrd control. Few were still left. 

He started cooking with the radio on low. His hair was still messy from sleep, his jeans hung low on his hips, and he wore one of his old lacross shirts from university. He hummed along with the song on the radio while he cooked. Hr had much on his mind between ari and colton. He had met with araminta previously and the meeting didnt go well.

descriptionCompleteRe: soul food (r)

more_horiz
Ari followed the smell of cooking into the kitchen and smiled at the sight of her brother happy. She was wearing pajama pants and one of chris's shirts. It was her favorite of his. Tbe first time she had worn it was after thier first time. The thought made her blush and squirm. 

She was still sore in places but much better than before. She sat at one of the chairs of the island and watched her brother for a while before she cleared her throat.

more_horiz
Alec had hoped to make breakfast for himself and colton. It seemed those plans would be put on hold. He smiled still and continued cooking. He didn't have to turn around to know it was Ari behind him. He put bacon in the skillet along with some sausage. "Morning sunshine. You goin to use your words this morning or are we speaking in cave grunts? If you are hungry im making breakfast." He loved Ari but he wished it was colton in the kitchen with him. The things he could do before breakfast.

more_horiz
She giggled and ran her fingers through her hair. "I was trying to let you know i was here without interupting your moment. You seem happier than usual. And sure i can eat. Jellybean is trying to tell me shes hungry i think." She stood up and came around the counter to hug him and help him with breakfast.

more_horiz
Alec shook his head. "No Ari you go sit. I got this. You don't need to worry yourself." He grinned and added eggs to a second skillet. He was making eggs, bacon, sausage, and french toast for whoever was hungry. 

"Don't dance around it. Your tongue was always fast but not that fast sister. You want to know about Colton. Yes im happy with him. Happier than I've been in a very long time. I wish mum and dad were around to meet him. They would love him too. He's not too bad in bed too." He chuckled. 

more_horiz
While he cooked arabella helped herself to some juice in the fridge. Aparently jellybean loved orange juice because when she drank it she felt a flutter in her stomach. 

She made a face at her brother. "Oh you are gross please stop. I do not need to know about you playing hide the banana with Colton. I'm happy for you in all seriousness. I couldnt have picked someone better for you.Mum and dad would have loved him. Especially mum." She bit her lip to hold back the wave of emotion that hit her. 

more_horiz
Alec noted ari's bliss with the orange juice. Mum had been like that both pregnancies with his sisters. She reminded him so much of mum it hurt. He stewed on that while he turned the bacon. 

He chuckled. "Hide the banana? No it's more like hide the salami. But i thank you for approving. I know i don't need it but it means alot. Thank you." He looked up at her and realized the tears were coming. He turned down the burners and  enveloped her in a hug. He rubbed her back gently. "Hey now easy. Whats wrong?"

more_horiz
Ari hugged her brother back and cried into his shoulder. She hated being the crybaby but she couldnt help it. She was an emotional woman right now. She hugged her brother tight. "I miss her alec i miss her so much i want her back. I want my mum back. I need her. She wasnt supposed to die. Shes supposed to teach me everything. Shes supposed to teach me how to be a mom and spoil my kids. Why did she have to die alec!"

more_horiz
Alec held her and let her cry. There wasn't much else he could do besides be there for her. She was ony voicing the pain they shared. When this was all over he promised himself he would take her home so that she could grieve properly. 

He stroked her hair soothingly. "I know ari. I know. I miss her too. I miss both of them. I don't know why they had to die..." The truth was he did know. Aramis had told him before he left. He just wasn't ready to tell ari. 

more_horiz
Jake walked in on the intimate moment and stopped. He was tempted to turn back. He was already here though. So he coughed to let them know he was there. His heart ached from breaking up with thana and his side hurt almost as bad from the bullet grazing him. His dog was with him. He rested his hand between jax's ears and forced a smile. "The bacon smells amazing. Got enough for a couple strays?"

more_horiz
The petite blonde shuffled down the stairs from her room to the kitchen, her feet clad in her unicorn slippers. The  mousy blondes hair was still a frizzy mess, and she also still had on her pajamas. Her only concern this morning was that they still had some chocolate pop-tarts left in the pantry. Of course she was also worried about her friends but she spent most of the night worrying about them and the older brother who had yet to write her, but it was a new day and Delphi wasn't the type of girl who liked to dwell on negative thoughts for too long.

When she shuffled her way to the kitchen in a sleepy daze, instead of walking through the door way the blonde walked straight through a wall next to the door way and phased through, that woke her up, instead of sticking the landing she ended up tripping when she became tangible again and hit the floor with a gentle thud. The girl poked up her head and saw she ruined a moment between the Adair siblings, she also saw Jake and a dog, she hadn't seen Jake in while last time she saw him it was on the day she arrived at the school. The girl pulled herself up off the floor and mouthed "Sorry" she then sniffed the air "Is that bacon?" She asked.

more_horiz
Jax trotted over and licked her face while Jake followed behind at a slower pace. He moved like it hurt to walk. His dark shirt seemed dark and stick on his side. He knelt down and offered a hand to her. He chuckled at jax and gently pushed him away from the poor girl. The palms of his hands were deeply scarred. "You took quite a tumble there. You okay um...i apologize i dont know your name."

more_horiz
Ari looked up from her brother's hug and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand when she saw Jake and Jax standing there. At least he could help distract her from her current emotional state. " Hey Jake... Im pretty sure he has cooked enough for an army."

She got up from the chair she was sitting at the kitchen island and went to get herself some juice. She pour herself a glass and headed back to her seat when she saw Delphi fall. She almost spilled her juice in surprise. She was going to rush over to her friend but it seemed Jake beat her to it. Instead she slowly went back to her seat and watched curiously.

more_horiz
Delphi gave a silent giggle as the dog licked her face, she was a cat person but she loved dogs just as much, she scratched behind the dogs ear, "He's fine!" She mouthed with a smile, she took Jakes hand and that's when her smiled turned to a frown, his hands were rough and callused and covered in scars, of course that concerned her but when Jake didn't realize who she was that's when she got worried, she looked at Jake with her big blue eyes, She remembered him vividly, they met on her very first day and she spelled her name with scraps of paper for him, he used a cheesy book pick up line that made her blush bright pink and he was dating Thana. She didn't want to hurt him so she mouthed his name hoping he could read lips "I'm Delphi, Jake are you ok?" she asked still holding his hand and unconciously tracing the intricate scarring patterns. The Jake Taylor she knew was boisterous and a flirt.... This wasn't her friend and she wanted to help.

more_horiz
Alec kissed the top of his sister's head and went back to cooking breakfast. He gave ari french toast first while everything else cooked. It was almost like home again before the trio was famous. All of the adair children crowding the kitchen while thier mum cooked and dad tinkered with a bridle or checked the post. Those were happier days. Ari hadn't started getting very sick then either. 

He returned to cooking when he heard the commotion behind him. He looked over his shoulder to see the lanky young man helping his sister's friend. He chuckled and scrambled the eggs. "Damn you are a real horn dog jake. What is thana going to say."

more_horiz
Colton was finally able to get out of bed and walk around. He still limped a little bit but that didn't stop him from getting out of the infirmary. He hated being at the other end of the things. He was used to taking care of people not having others taking care of him. 

He walked into the kitchen and the scent of bacon and breakfast. He saw Delphi and flashed her a smile before he limped over to Alec and wrapped his arm around his chest and rested his chin on his shoulder before he kissed his cheek. "Morning suga. Didn't know you could cook." he said letting out a chuckle.

more_horiz
"There's alot you dont know pet. I should show you later if you are feeling well. You are getting around better thank the gods." He practically groaned when Colt hugged and kissed on him. He went so long without someone to love that he was starved for affection. Colton fed his hunger like nothing else. He hugged him back then moved his hands up to his face and cupped his face to kiss him deeply like no one else wasnt around. Colton would never understand how happy he made him. Physically, emotionally, and spiritually. 

more_horiz
Ari looked from jake and delphi to alec and colton whom he was practically making out with. She had only taken a few bites of the french toast but she felt a huge emptiness that wasnt from food. She pushed her plate away and picked up her glass of Orange juice. She suddenly wasnt very hungry. She quietly took her juice out onto the back patio through the french doors so she wouldnt disturb anyone.

more_horiz
Jake helped Delphi up, brushed dirt off of her and helped her to the seat next to the one Ari was sitting in. He looked after the retreating girl and felt a pang of pain for her. He would talk to her later if she didn't return to her normal self. 

He shook it off and went to the refrigerator. He took out juice and started pouring glasses for people. He wanted to avoid the question but knew it wouldn't do any good. "Thana won't be saying anything. She and i broke up this morning. Relationships are give and take. She wanted to take but she isn't ready to give. I only wish i was a horn dog. I havent had sex in months." He confessef to Alec as he slid the glass over to Delphi. 

more_horiz
The blonde smiled and a bit of a light pink blush appeared over her cheeks after Jake helped her up, she nodded giving him a silent thank you and looked to Ari, she had a bit of a concerned look on her face hoping her best friend was going to Be ok.

When Delphi heard Jake say that he and Thana broke up she was at a loss for words. Thana seemed like a nice person so it didn't make a lot of sense to her. Relationships never made much sense to her. She took the juice and signed a quick thank you to Jake and then asked, "Are you going to be ok?" It was a question asked with genuine concern, she didn't need a voice to convey how clearly worried she was, Jake was sad, he didn't deserve to be. It was as simple as That.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum