X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

I Want You To Stay[R]

descriptionCompleteRe: I Want You To Stay[R]

more_horiz
Kas could completely understand that look that Eve was giving him. He wasn't sure he could believe what he said.. yet living by it was something he had adapted to. It wasn't typical human nature, but a trained sense of self-preservation, to turn to the words 'stay calm' when a problem like this arose.
Then another addition to problems came along, in the form of a wolf's cub clinging to his leg.
"Uh really?"
Kas didn't tense or push her away, though he didn't exactly look happy to see her either, until Mackenzie let go, and climbed onto the bed next to Eve. Her story made Kas have to mentally repeat his own advise to Eve. On the outside, he appeared tired.

"I have a feeling that it's not going to end very well.."
Lifting Eve's feet for a moment to set them on his lap as he crowded the bed a little more, Kas sat at the end and watched Mackenzie touching Eve's belly and 'talking' to their son.
He really, really wanted to stay here..
but he also really felt he should do something about Peter and Neal;
before somebody dies.

more_horiz
Eve was shocked.She stared at Mackenzie for what seemed like an hour,trying to register what she had just told her.Neal took Loika?And Peter seriously let him do that?Something looked weird in this while story,but she couldn't do anything about it while pregnant.Though if Mackie was here,that meant that Peter had left her to go do something.And Eve knew damn well what.
Looking up at Kas,she quickly gave him a nod,signaling for him to to find Peter.This wouldn't end well,and someone had to be there to stop them both,before they killed eachother.
"Go.I'll keep her safe.."Though Eve knew that she could do nothing really.Not when her powers were seemingly gone.

Evelyn then turned her attention to the little angel in front of her,who was having a conversation with her future son.It looked cute to see her like the baby,and she hoped they would be great friends in the future.
"What is he telling you,sweetheart?"
Eve smiled at Mackie,knowing that she would probably tell her she didn't eat enough.

more_horiz
Mackie was chattering to the baby like it was a normal thing. She knew uncle Kas and aunt Eve would be worried about mommy. She knew mommy probably wasnt coming back. Daddy left too. She tucked eve's blanket over her tummy and yawned. " He just says he likes your voice. It makes him happy. and orange juice. that makes him happy too." She put her hand on aunty eve's tummy and it appeared she was listening to something.

more_horiz
As Eve gave the go-ahead to leave, Kas nodded once, though he didn't look to be in a great hurry to move.
Staying put for a little longer, he waited to hear what Mackenzie and Eve were saying.
"Orange juice?" The slightest of smiles appeared as he commented, thrown off by the girl's answer.
"Couldn't be from me!" Chuckling quietly, he took Eve's hand, leaving the only thing he carried in her palm. A key to the car outside.

Kas almost felt lighter in leaving something behind for her to hold onto. Mackenzie lost interest in paying attention to the adults. He leaned closer, kissing Eve's cheek and murmuring a few hopeful words while there was time.
"I trust your discretion, so use it if you gotta. I will be back, soon as I can."

Sitting straight, he glanced blankly at the small person sitting beside Eve on the bed; unable to decide if he should be saddened or impressed with the pragmatic little girl's ability to detach herself from emotional responses.
"Your parents will be coming to take you home."

That said, he sighed profoundly at having to leave Eve again. Something bad seemed to happen every time..
"Behave yourselves girls." and a blink later, Kas disappeared in a cloud of smoke. A foggy substance slipped through the cracks in the window and was gone.

more_horiz
As soon as Kas left,Eve's hold on the car keys he had given her,tightened.A sigh left her mouth as she turned her attention back to the little Princess,who seemed to be having a very deep conversation with her son.Eve shook her head,a smile breaking on her lips,as she couldn't wait to hold her baby in her arms.Almost 5 more months.That's all she had to wait."Do you like him,little Princess?Think you two will become good friends?"
Evelyn knew deep inside that these two would end up becoming really close friends one day,but she was afraid that Mackie would be the one in control over things.The thought singly made her laugh.

Then,the thought of Loika,Peter and Neal hit her.What if anyone got hurt?What if Kas got hurt too?Two families couldn't be destroyed like that.Though Evelyn had promised to keep Mackenzie safe.And she would do it,even if it meant to have her as a daughter.Which hopefully,she wouldn't.Not that she didn't like the kid.Though she just hoped Loika would be here,for both of them.

more_horiz
Mackenzie looked up at Eve with her normal emotionless look. It was hard to read the kid. " You dont have to protect me aunty Eve. And you dont have to worry either. Aunty Lakai is at the school. Mr Jason thinks she went crazy." And with that she was back to her conversation with Eve's belly. After a little while longer she laid her head gently on eve's tummy and her talking slowed more and more as she started to fall asleep.

more_horiz
Evelyn heard Mackie's explanation and sighed,nodding her head at her.Lakai had indeed gone crazy.He had hurt Neal.then she tried to kill her and her baby.And now what?Was she trying to hurt the kids?Those poor little things that knew nothing of these things?Well,except Mackenzie...She was always different,and would always be."Did she try to hurt you,sweetheart?Because I swear if she did..."
Lakai had hurt enough people already.And she always hurt people she loved.Neal..her baby..and she was afraid that Kas would be one of her next targets.She wouldn't allow that,though.She had done enough.But even though she wanted to rip her throat,she could do nothing until her powers came back.

Soon enough,she felt Mackenzie become lighter as she drifted into sleep,with her head placed against her belly.A tear slipped down Eve's cheek,without her understanding.She caressed the girl's hair,brushing her fingers through them,a sad smile on her lips."Whatever happens..I'll be here for you..."

more_horiz
completed

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum