X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Sacred Weapon (PG-13)

descriptionCompleteRe: Sacred Weapon (PG-13)

more_horiz
Blade toke one last look at his motorbike, before entering the plane. He sat down next to a window, as all chairs were like that. Gavin gazed out the window yet again. He simply was gonna miss his bike, even if it was just for a while. Still, with the money the girl was paying him, the bike would get better once Blade returned-

Looking to his left, he saw Rachel sitting down. Oh boy, what does she want? Taking a seat next to me? That surely isn't usual. He thought. Gavin heard the airplane's door close, and then looked at Rachel, as she spoke. "Correct. I do wish to know your name. Let's simply say I don't want to be calling you woman who's paying me." He spoke, not looking at Rachel directly in the eye. That would leave him sorta of vulnerable, to the girl's watchful eyes. You never know what to expect.

"Fair enough. It's not like you know my actual name either." The only person that did know his name was Kelly. But Blade was sure he wasn't gonna tell it to anyone. Gavin rested back in his seat, and looked out the window again. Now in the air, he could only wonder how much time they'd take to get to Italy.

more_horiz
Rachel's comment about killing everyone drew a long, steely glare from Kas. Touchy subject.
Ignoring the conversation between her and Blade, he turned his back to the rest of the plane, focusing on the pilot and watching him operate the controls. After a few minutes of the aircraft sailing at a level altitude, Kas tapped the man on the shoulder.

"Move." He stated with a blank affect. "Now."
Taking this as a good opportunity to go have a bottle of water and use the on-board facilities, the pilot left the driving to Kas.

"Let's see what this bird can do."
Remarking to no one in particular, the seats angled slightly beneath them, and a few things began to rattle as the plane went higher and faster than it was ever meant to go. Kas yawned and plugged a pair of earbuds into his phone, queing up any song that was known to be good for earning a speeding ticket to.

more_horiz
After the airplane was sailing across night skies, Rachel leaned over to the side and looked at everyone. The six bikers that came along sure had balls and Rachel applaud them for that. Not many would dare to go alone with a mutant, especially on a mission they didn't know whether they were going to come back from alive. But at this point Rachel didn't care, she did give them choice of leaving and they didn't. Therefore they were now on their own, watching out only for themselves.

She motioned for them to come to her and join her. They did without any objection. After all, if Rachel wanted it, any of them could be flying through the clouds to their deaths.But she needed them, so she wasn't going to kill anyone.

"Alright, everyone. Listen up. I am going to say this only once. If any of you..." she pointed finger at each and every human. "... betray me, I wil personally make sure you don't get home to your families. Got it?" asked Rachel taking on cold and careless quality to her voice. One she used when she spoke to criminals on the streets
"Now, when we get to our destinations, you will see series of caves. We will have to find the right one and I am warning you, they are loaded with traps and secrets. So, I advise you watch where you step if you want to leave with all of your bodily parts still attached."`said Rachel. "That is all, scram now!"

Suddenly, airplane jerked violently and it made Rachel's heart jump as well. "Should've never let him behind a wheel. The kid has no idea what he is doing." muttered Rachel to herself. She stood up and walked to pilot's cabinet. Seeing Kas behind a steering wheel. "How's it going?" asked Rachel, taking a set next to him in a co-pilot's seat.

more_horiz
Jamming to a selection of extreme speed metal, Kas didn't hear Rachel approach. He could pick her out with his sixth sense just fine. He chose to stare ahead out the window.
Although the gauge had no such reading, pegged at 685 mph, they were traveling at barely under Mach 1. The private mid-size private jet could take the stress fairly well, though not without some shaking and occasional groaning. 

"We're crusing at 53 thousand feet.. I guess going around 650 knots. We'll get there in 5 or 6 hours if the weather is fair."
Rachel's substitute pilot conveyed with platitude, remaining focused on the blue skies and billowing fluffy white clouds outside the windshield. Her question was answered, more or less.

more_horiz
 Rachel stood up and moved to the front of the door as the pilot came in, she offered him his chair back. Or at least one he could use. "I am going to take a nap, wake me up when we are close," said Rachel as she tapped him on a shoulder friendly and walked out of the cockpit. It was too small for her comfort anyway and she would rather be with everyone else.

Walking past Blade and everyone else, Rachel made her way to the bed which was located in the back of the jet. She laid down and closed her eyes.

Fifteen minutes into her sleep, one of the bikers, began to approach Rachel as she slept. His intention was to pull off her mask. Giggling to the other bikers he reached out toward her face. As he was about to touch Rachel's mask, she opened her eyes, looking the biker in the eyes. Twisting his arm, she sat up and pushed him away from her. Looking to the left where the rest of the bikers sat, they all acted as if they weren't on the joke.

Rachel frowned, "Try that again and you'll be without an arm, got it?" asked Rachel in her cold and careless tone, which sent shivers down the man's spine. Then she dropped down on a bed again.

more_horiz
Gavin was nearly falling asleep. He didn't have much to do either. He nodded as Rachel talked about the "backstabbing trouble." In terms of friendship, Blade would never betray anyone. But Rachel was paying him. If someone offered a higher amount of money, he wasn't sure if he would stick with Rachel or not. Maybe she scored some points, and Kas was there too. So Blade would at least think twice.

After she left to go to Kas's side, Blade leaned to his side, and tried to fall asleep. But the bikers didn't help. Noisy bastards... Blade was about to speak up, when Rachel passed by him. He looked over at what the bikers were doing. They seemed like little kids about to pull a prank. Blade couldn't help but smile when Rachel startled them. "That'll teach them..." He muttered, returning to his slept attempt. 

more_horiz
Five hours later, the plane was finally over land instead of open water.
Rather than announce things conventionally, Kas did what he was best at, and made people guess what was happening.
The small aircraft took a dive, creating a disorienting feeling of vertigo for those that weren't used to the intense pull of gravity.
Around the jet, the clouds parted and gave way to a blue sky and rolling hills of green, smattered with signs of civilization.
Kelly pulled the earphones off and sat waiting for Rachel to return to the cockpit, whether to scold his crazy driving or inquire if they were close.
He looked out at the rustic countryside and sighed. If Eve knew he'd gone to Italy without her..
"Fukkin beautiful."

more_horiz
"Please, don't hurt us.."
"NOT MY SON!"
In a family room, against a far wall, sat boy of thirteen and his parents shielding the boy. In front of them stood Rachel, she was now twenty and with a purpose. To eliminate evil from the world. Jesijah has converted her into a "good-doer".
"Please, take the money and go." pleaded father with tears on his face. "The code for the safe is 2598, just take what you want and leave. Please."
Rachel watched him cry and it made her sick to the stomach.
"I DON'T WANT YOUR FUCKING MONEY!" Rachel yelled back at the man, waving her gun at his face. "What I want is to eradicate evil like you from this world."
"We are not evil," said Jim as he then scooted away farther.
"Your father is the owner of the largest insurance company in the country. You are spoiled kid who gets everything you ever want. She...is a lady who dines at the most fanciest restaraunts in the state. Your father doesn't care about others. Only himself and his family."
Suddenly, the man jumped at Rachel, with a mission to disarm her. But was thrown against a wall and then bullet into the head dropped him cold to the ground. He was dead. Maria, the wife, screamed as she cried harder. But Rachel just twisted her head with her telekinesis.
"Oh, shut up already"
A high pitched sound began to tear at Rachel's ear as it got louder and louder. Rachel dropped to her knees, trying to shut it out of her head but it just got more intense until Rachel fell to the ground with blood running out of her nose.

Bolting up in a sitting position, Rachel woke up in sweat. Those nightmare weren't just going to go away. She could never forget how she began to murder people starting with that family. Sound of screaming around the plane made her aware something was wrong. Rachel looked out the window only to see them going down for the ground.
"Shit, Kas," she muttered as she ran for the pilot cockpit.  Grabbing to every seat she could, Rachel reached the door, barely hanging on. Opening the door, she fell into the seat next to Kas. She punched in a shoulder hard.
"I didn't pay you to get us killed. If I wanted to die, I would turn myself in to M.R.D. Straighten this plane out." she yelled. "How close are we to land?"

more_horiz
As Gavin rested on his seat, Kas did the unexpected. Well, unexpected to a normal person. Not little old surprise loving Kelly Andre Sharp. Five hours had passed, and Blade had slept around 3 of those hours. Good enough, it was his average time of slept anyway. As Rachel put her hand in his seat, to help her reach the cockpit, Gavin woke up. His little dives from buildings were nothing compared to a plane diving. He stood in his seat, still not daring to look out the window. Blade however, stretched his arms slightly and yawned. "We there already?" He asked, with a smirk crossing his lips. No one was asleep, so why not shout. "WE THERE ALREADY?" He asked, in a loud tone.

more_horiz
Hearing Rachel stumbling and Gavin hollering from the back, Kas chuckled to himself just before the cabin door snapped open, and Rachel landed in the copilot's chair.
Rubbing his shoulder, Kelly merely nodded toward the windshield as the fluffy white clouds parted to offer a glimpse of the enchanting view below. Flying low and fast, nothing could spot the plane long enough to think it more than a trick of the eyes.

Tiny pastel-hued dots of civilization outposted among the spine of craggy bluffs stretching the shoreline, which nearly circled around them completely. With only a general direction, Kas guided the plane almost entirely over open water until the Mediterranean formed the Gulf of Naples. It was roughly somewhere in the middle of the boot-shaped peninsula. (I love that word)

"What is our destination?"
Nothing out of the ordinary, Kelly asked a heading from Rachel, assuming that she had some clues where her glorious holy weapon might be hiding.

more_horiz
 "Land at Cagliari Airport, which is located on that separate island off Italy." said Rachel, looking at the radar screen. Then she scanned the skies ahead of them, and it was clear. Rachel didn't know how she was going to find the right cave, but she wasn't going to give up. Not this time.

Rachel, without saying anything to Kas, walked out of the cockpit and walked toward the back of the airplane. She opened the mini fridge and pulled out Coke Zero as she walked back to Kas. To make sure he wasn't going to throw anymore surprised dives or pulled stunts which would get them killed. "Have you ever flown an airplane?" asked Rachel, waiting impatiently for the plane to land.

more_horiz
Kas barely glanced at the readout as Rachel gave him the directions, and easily adjusted their course by tipping the steering controls a tiny bit. As she left, he yawned and said nothing. By the time Rachel took her seat again, he was sitting back in the seat, stretching with no hands on the controls. Everything was still crusing along smoothly.

"Sure. Hundreds." He answered the question shortly, retrieving his phone to look at the time and count off the hours they had gone 'forward'. Across the ocean where he left everything behind, it was still dark and very early morning. Here in Italy, it was nearly time for lunch. Despite the thought that he should be at home right now, snuggling under a blanket next to a goddess, Kas managed a small smirk. Messing with Rachel's mind was at least mildly amusing.
"Paper ones."

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum