X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Rather Early (R)

descriptionCompleteRe: Rather Early (R)

more_horiz
Cameron managed a meek smile as Luna told her not to cry and offered to show her around the grounds later. She wasn't going to cry. Cameron was too strong for that. Suddenly, she froze when she heard a voice in her mind. Cameron looked at the only other person there besides Blade. Cameron's brown eyes locked on Jason's face as she 'listened' to what he said to her. He was sorry for the others' actions, and what happened wasn't her fault. At hearing that, for the first time since her mutations showed up, she closed her eyes and dropped her head with a sigh. Thank you... She figured his mutation had to be mind reading, or something like that as he knew what she had been thinking and feeling. When he spoke about how safe she would feel there, Cameron shot a look at Blade to confirm what Jason was saying. It seemed too good to be true.

Then Cameron looked back at Jason and said quietly, a light lilt of an accent touching her words as she spoke,   "I would like to stay. I like what Blade told me about this place, and he was kind enough to bring me here."

Last edited by Cameron Andrews on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Gavin was happy that Jason let Cameron stay. He already expected it, and was sure he would take good care of her. Just like Luna. "Don't worry about the other kids Cameron. Jason is telling you the truth. They are friendly. I just don't inspire confidence that much. Ya know...since I look like a vampire." Blade chortled a bit. He may not inspire trust on Loika. But he knew Luna, and now Cameron trusted him well. And Jason knew he didn't have bad intentions towards the school. Or any of its students. His temperament just seemed to clash with Loika's. A big bit.

"Everything I told you is true Cameron. The school can take care of you. And I trust Jason here can totally help you out. Plus, now you have Luna too. You'll get acquainted with everyone else soon. I told you my colony was safe, but this place his safer. Now go on, Mr. Andrews will take care of you." He nodded at Jason and at Luna. "I take it it's fine for me to leave now. Correct Jason?" 

more_horiz
"Very well then, Ms.--Cameron." said Jason as he realized now there will be three Andrews' in the building. Sara, Jason and Cameron who would soon be acquainted with the rest of the kids and staff. "I think you will like this place very much. You'll get your own bedroom...and there is so much to do around the Institute." said Jason, smiling at the girl which silently told her its going to alright.

"If you'd like Ms. Valkyrie can show you around in a morning--or couple hours,seeing how sun is going to come up soon." He wanted for Cameron to feel safe here, that's why Charles built this institution in a first place. To offer safe haven for mutants. Then, Jason looked at Blade. "Thank you for bringing Cameron here. You are welcome to stay around if you'd like. but I would like to get Cameron settled first." said Jason.

more_horiz
Cameron's brown eyes brightened as she heard Jason's kind words about this new place that was to be her home. His smile brought her some piece of mind and comfort. She managed a small smile showing that she started to believe and trust Jason. Cameron began walking towards the now bent gate as he told her that Luna could be her guide when the sun rose in a matter of hours, but stopped when he addressed Blade.

Cameron turned and walked back to the one who had been the first truly kind person she'd known since her mutations showed up. She looked into his eyes and smiled slightly, "Thank you, Blade. For everything." She wanted to hug him to show her thanks, but he didn't seem like the type to show affection that way. "I hope to see you again..." she said in a hopeful tone. She extended her hand to shake his, figuring this was more Blade's style.

Last edited by Cameron Andrews on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Gavin bent his head down a bit. Back when the X-Men were different, he perhaps would've stayed. He still thought they had a safe place, and had found a good protector in Jason. But Charles was a whole different thing. Plus, he had no reason to remain in a place where he was not wanted by at least one person. Although he was sure several other students didn't dislike him. Like Luna, Cameron, Natasha, Peter. And even Mackenzie didn't seem to hate him. And Logan...well, Logan was Logan. "I have many other matters to attend to. The Morlocks need a lot of help." He said, mentioning those whom he was affiliated with. "It was my duty to bring her here. One day, who knows...I may come to settle down here myself. But for now, other people need my assistance. And as I trust you understand Jason, I can't say no."

Blade was already turning towards his bike, when Cameron talked to him again. Thank you Blade... That simple sentence was enough to make Gavin know Cameron was grateful. "You will see me again. For sure..." Blade grabbed Cameron's hand, but not as strong as he could. He didn't want to break the little women's hand. He quickly finished it though. Showing affection, even through an handshake, on public was quite the inconvenience for someone who wished enemies didn't know who he enjoyed spending time with. Gavin placed his sunglasses on his face, adding texture to his own shadow. "We shall all see each other soon enough. Behave 'till then kids..." He said towards Luna and Cameron. "And don't get overrun with stress Jason. If these naggers give ya' trouble, you know how to contact me. I'll come here and teach them how to live...hehe" Blade cracked his knuckles looking at Luna. Of course he was kidding, he wasn't gonna hurt any student. But if Jason ever needed Blade, he could contact him anytime. 

With that, Blade moved along. His bike quickly ran into the direction opposite to the sun's. The hot entity climbing the sky only gave Blade a bigger rush to use his motorcycle. As the smoke could be seen throughout the road.

more_horiz
"Sticking around one place wouldn't suit you anyway, Blade." said Jason as he looked at the man and then watched Cameron advancing past the bent gates. He realized that the girl has showed slight courage in deciding to stay at Xavier's. And she was smart too. Jason had to agree with Cameron, it wasn't easy starting off in a new place and making new friends, But Jason was confident in Cameron's ability to fit in with other kids.

"Well, Cameron, if you'd like we get get you a bedroom and Luna can show you around in a morning," Jason started to walk back to the building. "Are you hungry ? Would you like something hot to eat, perhaps?" asked Jason

more_horiz
Cameron shook Blade's hand and, while her face didn't show it, her brown eyes smiled. As she watched Blade ride off, she wondered if he was right that they would see one another again soon. With that she turned back to the gate and walked through being careful to not touch the metal.

When Jason offered her something to eat, she shook her head. "Thank you, but I'm not that hungry. I think a room would be perfect at the moment. So much has happened in such a short time, I just need a little bit to take it all in. This is all kind of new for me, you know, finally knowing what I am," she said her voice cracking slightly. Some meditation might do me some good... She took one more look around the grounds before saying, "It really is a beautiful place..."

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum