X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

A Moment Like This (PG-13)

descriptionCompleteA Moment Like This (PG-13)

more_horiz
Rachel turned to a an eagle and flew to the top of Empire State Building. It was windy but she didn't care, and it certainly didn't bother her a bit. She was looking out for the city, at night. If saving one life is what it takes to keep the city clean. Then so be it. Rachel had no idea as to what she really was getting herself into. Only person with her kind of ability could have climbed up to the roof to get an excellent view from there. Down bellow, she saw some sort of activity going on. What was it?

descriptionCompleteRe: A Moment Like This (PG-13)

more_horiz
A huge crowd of about five thousand protesters moved in waved and surged across the street. Near the Empire State Building, a small handful of them, no more than a hundred, were standing a few meters in front of some soldiers on the other side. The protesters loudly singing a hymn.

A nun and a child came forward and present a bunch of flowers to one of the soldiers, who gracefully accepted it, went to the steel fence, and laid the flowers at the foot of one of the massive concrete buttresses supporting it.

There was no overt show of force displayed by the soldiers. Batons were under their coats, dogs were in the buses, nearby out of sight, and baseball caps with ear protectors were worn instead of riot helmets. No tear gas. No guns. No firetruck.

Neal wearing his University P.E. Uniform, was looking around, keenly observing each person and obviously searching for someone. He gave no indication he found whom or what he was looking for.

more_horiz
Rachel looked down from the top. There was a group of people shouting and singing about something. She squatted to the ground and then leaped forward in a wild jump, extending her hands like wings. As she was diving head first, she changed to a bird and fluttered her wings, flying over the ground. What was going on here?

As she circled over people, she flew to the back of the crowd and changed back to herself. To her cobra outfit. "What is going on here?" asked Rachel nearby person.

more_horiz
Neal made himself invisible and using his portal staff, he teleported inside the Empire State Building. He saw about two dozen individuals including the President of the USA and a senator. Surrounding the building was a throng of several thousand, all waiting to see the Prseident come out.

Neal scanned the lobby with his eyes. He glanced directly at the skycraper mural -- a golden brass enormous mural that had hidden microphone and security camera behind it.

The glare of the television-camera lights beating down oh the President.

"The United States is now essentially under martial law under the authoritarian rule of President Barack Obama. Proclamation No. 2092 has been signed today and will come into force tomorrow."

"According to Mr. President, Martial law is declared to suppress increasing civil strife and the threat of mutants takeover following a series of bombings and assassination attempt on the Defense Minister, allegedly done by outcast mutants. The declaration of martial law was initially well received by some sectors, but not by the civilians, as they are currently protesting, fueled by the resistance and opposition from years of governance by President Obama, culminated with the departure of the dictator from the White House." A reporter from CNN said.

"WHAT?!" Neal exploded.

Neal immediately left the building to alert his friends and was walking behind the row of soldiers intangibly, heading toward the crowds, when he saw again the masked lady, talking to somebody.

more_horiz
Seraphina kept her head down low. She had countless enemies, and any number may be in the united states. Although it may seem like Phina was keeping to herself, she was very, very alert. Then, something caught her eye. A woman with an odd costume. She walked up.

"Excuse me, but... Who're you?" Asked Seraphina boldly.

more_horiz
Rachel turned quickly around to see a lady looking at her. She was going to say something, but decided to remain calm. The less people know about her, the better. Public attention was the last thing Rachel wanted to attract to herself. She was already getting the attention of NYPD. They were already onto her tail. She had to shake them off.

Instead of talking, Rachel dropped a card on a ground, with Cobra's head on it. Then, turned to an eagle and flew toward the Empire State Building, without any challenge.

more_horiz
Jason didn't know anything about the martial law being implemented until now. He quickly traveled to Empire State Building where he saw countless number of people gathered there. He slowly tried to squeeze in the crowd. By touching a person, Jason was able to move up from one place to other. Power of mind was his greatest tool. He didn't recognize anyone there and he couldn't tell if any of them were mutants. After getting through the crowd, Jason was now standing at the front. He had to convince the president not to put that law into effect. The democracy had to be in place.

more_horiz
Eve had been standing there,watching the protesters for about 45 minutes.That Martial Law was a disaster.They had many problems already,and another one came into the game.Now the Brotherhood had all kinds of enemies.Mutants and Humans alike.She growled under her breath and pulled herself out of her hiding place.

She started walking down the empty pavement,since all people were on the road,pulling her
hood on.Her hoodie was unzipped,and for the first time,she didn't wear her leather jacket.She was walking down the pavement,face down.She was kicking empty cans,and all sorts of things out of her way.She was hiding into her hood,while looking the people protest.

After walking for a few minutes,she had finally reached the Empire Stated Building.She looked up slowly,to come face to face with it.People where outside from it,protesting.Loud slogans were being heard and there were some fights in the crowd to.That was her opening.

She slowly made her way through the crowd,and sneaked into the Building.Everyone was too caught up in the moment,to notice someone walk in.She pulled off her hood and smirked."That was easy..",she mumbled to herself.Now that she was inside,she had to do something.

more_horiz
"Alert the SQUAD Leaders. Tell them quickly but carefully, and I mean CAREFULLY, move the crowd out away from the fence. Across the road at least..." Somebody in fatigue suit said.

Flying invisibly above, Neal saw how the crowds gotten thicker and more restless as he made his way near to the stage, but by that time the speeches from the heads of different anti-government organizations were over and the dignitaries had already made their way from the podium and down onto the way leading to the entrance doors of Empire State Building, which is heavily guarded by military and cops. The President had lined of soldiers, standing proudly, arranged from the massive steel fence. The flag of the United States fluttering in the winds was positioned in the right of the entrance door.

The crowd began to sing again. Neal heard how sad and tormenting the cry from a thousand throats echoed across the streets of New York. The people did not want to storm the President, they wanted the powers-that-be hear their concerns. That distinction was coming through loud and clear.

Few seconds later, Neal saw Prof. Andrews, standing at the front and looked very anxious.

more_horiz
iunWhen Rachel turned to fly away, she was actually going toward the building. Some idiots didn't think closing their windows on top floor. Shame. Rachel landed and turned to herself in her outfit. She looked around and wondered if there was still anyone here. Supposedly, Obama was in the building, but on which floor? She had to find him, and talk to him. As she came out of someoene's office. Rachel took the staircase and down to the fourth floor.

As Rachel was walking down very fast, she spotted someone else. A young lady who she has seen before in a mall with Neal. The flirt girl, that's who she ways. What was she and what was she doing here? Getting out of the sight, Rachel turned to a mouse and scurried away. She was going to follow her.

more_horiz
After she walked in quite easily,she looked around.She had to find the President before the X-Men.She started walking only to come to a halt.Some steps away,stood the X-Men leader,Jason."Shit!",she mumbled and pulled on her hood.She quickly hid behind a nearby desk.She knew that Jason was going to sense her,sooner or later.

She stood there,trying to think of something.In the end she decided that she should team up with him for now.After all,they had a common thing in mind.And that was to find the President.After that,she would think of a plan to get rid of him.So,she sighed and walked out of her hiding spot.

Last edited by Evelyn Fireheart on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Jason was walking speedily down the hallway. He was stopped by a security person. "Sir, you can't be here," as he touched Jason to prevent him from going any further. Jason looked him in the eyes. Unless you want your wife to find out what you have been doing late at night for the past two weeks, you will let me pass. Jason looked at him and then the man let him go and moved aside. Jason went through without much trouble. He did the same thing to many other security personal as he made his way up the floor.

Suddenly a young girl popped up in front of him as he watched her. He has seen her in Statue of Liberty before. She was not the most pleasant person to be with, but Jason couldn't look at it right now. He had to find Obama and convince him to reverse the law about Marshal law.

more_horiz
Suddenly, a lady somewhere in the crowd screamed, "Ran! There's a bomb! There's a bomb!" People scampered around, a stampede began. People started trying to get ahead and became agitated. Those outside the metal fens started pushing, prompting the security to throw some tear gas as they thought the civilians were attacking them. The situation grew worse due to the crowd's panic, making the fence eventually give way. People at the front of the crowd stumbled.

"Calm them down! I thought this is a peaceful demonstration!" The general said.

"I have no control over them!" Said one of the officer.

Neal finally made himself visible and landed at the stage. He looked around to find where Prof. Andrews was. He didn't know where to start. Through the screams and cries he heard a woman's voice cry out of him. He saw her dress, her face, and hands covered with moist blood, half walking, half stumbling to him. She was carrying a body of a child, a boy no more than thirteen years old. The child's neck, face, and chest were horribly swollen and purple. Neal immediately ran over and took the limp, bloody body out of her arms.

more_horiz
As soon as Eve was about to to talk to Jason,She heard someone screaming for a bomb.Her eyes widened and she knew what would come next.She ran outside to find people screaming.Some were bloody,half dead-half alive.

She passed over some bodies when she heard Neal's name being called.She looked over to see a mother,giving him her child.She was fighting with consciousness,and her wounds were bad.She wouldn't make it.She knew it.

As soon as Neal too the child from the woman,she fell down,unable to hold herself any longer.Eve rushed over to her and fell to her knees,gripping her bloody hand."Don't worry ma'am.We'll take care of the child.I promise you that.",she said and slowly stood up,as the woman stopped breathing.

She turned around and walked over to Neal.She looked at the child,and the thought of growing it up like her own passed her head."Let me hold it..",she whispered to Neal softly.Her eyes were a little watery.She couldn't help the tears.She always wanted to become a mother.

more_horiz
As Rachel was going to follow that annoying girl, she seemed to change her directions and ran outside instead. Rachel turned back to herself and ran after her, only to see chaos take place outside. If this wasn't the hell on Earth, then she refused to believe hell existed. Taking everything into consideration, Rachel sprung to action. Rachel looked to see Neal and that girl, whose name she'll find out later holding a baby.

At the moment, Rachel couldn't be bothered with a baby. Besides, she wasn't known for helping babies and taking care of little things. Rachel saw General or someone who looked like he had authority over the situation. Since she wasn't far from him, Rachel took long strides and was next to him in a matter of minutes.
"Who the hell are you?" he asked in disgust as if Rachel's outfit was made out of garbage and it stunk. The guard began to approach Rachel and just as he was about to touch her, she threw him away from her with her powers. The General looked frighted now. He realized she was a mutant. He reached for his gun.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you,"
said Rachel as she lifted him off the ground. "You have the authority to stop this...so do it, or your fat body will be among the dead ones!"

Last edited by Rachel Mason on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
"Evelyn?!" Neal asked, almost hysterical. He gave the child to Evelyn and motioned for a medic to help them when he glanced up near the stage. To his horror, he saw a mutant with cyrokinetic power, floating and encasing the people in a block of ice.

"HAHAHAHAHA...You guys are fool! There's no bomb, it is just me. But well yeahh... I'm a Bombshell, Hahahaha!!!"

Neal sent a gust of wind towards the mutant, forcing her aside. The lady looked directly at them. Neal saw her hand motioned, "Evelyn!" He shouted. He grabbed Evelyn, tossing her behind the communications truck, just as he saw the vapor coming out from the mutant's hand. He fell heavily against the truck and turned in time to see a spray of cold vapor, thereby freezing the ground into ice.

"Mr.President, look..." A senator said to Barack Obama. "Now these stupid people will realize why this country needs Martial Law. Authorities fail to function effectively, extensive riots and protests every where, disobedience of the law just becomes widespread and terrorizing mutants." The President paused and sighed." I already made up my mind, I will place the United States under martial law, effective 12 midnight, tomorrow." He smirked.

more_horiz
Jason had to ignore the riots for now. He will deal with it later, he needed to convince President not to put the country under Martial Law. It will only make citizens and mutants alike angrier, therefore more retaliation. He approached the President and looked at him, directly. "Mr. President," said Jason, trying to sound sincere and wise. "My name is Jason Andrews and I would like to requerst that you do not put the country under Martial Law it isn't going to solve anything. Its only going to bring more anger into this place and more violence. Has history taught you nothing. Look at Sadam Hussein, Stalin, Mussolini, Hitler...for gods sakes listen to me." he pleaded.

He wasn't doing it for his kind, but rather for mutant kind. Because Jason knew mutant community isn't going to be very happy with this change and law.

more_horiz
The strange lady looked at her for a second, and dropped a funny card.
"What's this...?" Phina began. But the stranger was off. "What is BECOMING of this world..." She muttered. "Silly laws and-" Phina started.

Oh! She came here because of the new law... Or amendment... Whatever the odd Americans called it. She turned toward the Empire State Building. Was the president on there? Seraphina scaled a nearby, two-story brick building. She attached a special cable to her gun, that she always carried around, and shot towards somewhere high up.

Like always, she was on target. She screwed the cable to the ground and hopped upon the cable. She smiled to herself. It was made of pure spider silk and very expensive. As much as she had of it, she could probably hang an 18-wheeler. She hopped upon the cable and ran on it.

Most people would have died by now. For some reason, Seraphina had inhuman grace, balance, and speed. At the end of the cable, she climbed into the broken window and brushed her pants.

"Sorry for the mess, and-" she said looking up. What? Was that the president? And who was that talking to him?

more_horiz
Rachel kept starring at the guy, the General. He was scared of her and she knew it. She could see it in his eyes. As she was about to raise him into the air, sudden sound of laughing, grabbed her attention. She turned to see, another mutant riding on ice. Who was that crazy idiot? She suddenly had priority change. Turning back to the General, Rachel frowned. "Stay here, and don't move. Otherwise,you'll be like the rest of them. Frozen," said Rachel as she raced to Neal and the girl who held a baby. What happens now? She knew exactly what happens next...Rachel kicks his ass!

She pushed away from the vehicle where Neal and the girl, whom Neal called Evelyn. Well...at last. She knew her name. But she didn't have time for friendly chit-chat, Rachel had to do something about that creep, or he'll reach President and freeze him too. Rachel had no way of unfreezing people. She looked up where he was at and yelled at him. "Why don't you come down, so that I can kick your ass!" said Rachel. She didn't usually talk like that, but that guy was asking for it. He will get what was coming for him. Rachel reached out for her abilities, ready to release them if he made any sort of threatening move.

more_horiz
"You bitch!" Neal screamed. He tried to raise his hand once again to throw another gust of wind, but at that moment a dozen of rifles surrounded the mutant.

"Don't move!" The cop ordered. "You are under arrest! Move and my men will kill you!"

"HAHAHAHA...You cant arrest me, you ass! I am a mutant. I am more powerful than you! Don't you know that?"

"You will do as you ordered."

"Hahaha... NO!"

Mean a while, Jason Andrews approached President Obama inside the building. Obama rolled his eyes and sneered, "I know what I am doing Sir."

Obama let out a resigned sigh and, searching his personal secretary,let his eyes rest on a man sitting as unobtrusively as possible. The man noticed Mr.Obama searching for him, and smiled with a great honor at the President. Obama made a gesture to his secretary as if to say, "Get this man out of my way, immediately." Obama don't understand why these people cant see why the government is doing this. This is for their sake.

"Well is this for people's sake really?" This was the thought that Neal had been scrutinizing and considering until now. In order to answer this question, one should know what are the orders promulgated by President Obama following the declaration of Martial Law.

The President proclaimed that he shall direct the entire government, including all the ministries, departments, bureaus and agencies, and exercise all powers of his office including his role as the Commander-in-Chief of the United States Armed Forces.

The President directed the Defense Minister and M.R.D. to arrest and take into custody all mutants who demonstrate their powers in public.

The President ordered that a curfew be maintained and enforced throughout the U.S.A (including Hawaii and Alaska) from eleven o’clock evening until four o’clock in the morning.

All rallies and other forms of group actions including strikes and picketing are strictly prohibited.

No person shall keep, possess or carry outside of his residence any firearm unless such person is duly authorized to keep, possess or carry any such.

So having hearing that to a newscaster just three feet away from him, Neal said to himself again, Is this for U.S. citizens really or just for his own benefit?

Neal set his thoughts aside when somebody was giving a signal and men were opening packs and broke out hunks of explosives.

more_horiz
Rachel was facing the cop with her back. She knew they weren't talking to her, but for some reason, she thought if she made any sudden movements. It will be her who gets shot.

So, as to not get shot and killed, Rachel slowly turned around with her hands, slightly up in the air and smiled weakly. She knew that the police would not hesitate to kill her if she showed any signs of danger. But she had no time for chit-chatting. She slowly began to approach the police, while talking. "You know, it's very rude when we try to help you, but instead...you decide to..." Rachel suddenly threw her hands sideways, and police officers, flew where she pointed, which is to the sides.

more_horiz
Jason was getting slightly aggravated. He could always enter President's mind and make him change his decision. But Jason knew better than to abuse his abilities. Maybe could take him to the past to show what happens when one person takes control of a country. Especially free country where people had say in a matters. "Listen to me Mr. President...Barack." said Jason looking at him. "You don't know what you really doing. United States of America fought and died for these rights. For freedom of speech, religion and many other aspects. The constitution grants us those rights, and you can't take them away. It's a mutiny. "Are you sure you aren't doing this just to keep yourself in the office?"

Jason looked around him and the president. He knew that the Commander-in-chief had the power to remove him from the place and might even get him arrested, but Jason already had everything taken into consideration. He looked at the guards. If any of you even take a smallest step toward me, the president will be dead before you can shoot me down, he told them telepathically

more_horiz
It took most of them to subdue the cyrokinetic mutant, but finally she was hit by Neal's lightning bolt, and she fell down on the ground. A man knelt on the mutant's neck, pressing her head into the asphalt, so the only thing the mutant could see as her hands were secured behind her back was the people's feet. She let out a loud, animal-like cry of fury and frustration. One of the troopers plunged the butt end of his AK-74 against the back of her head, throwing him into tortured darkness.

"HEY!" Neal shouted. "That's not right!" Neal exclaimed.

President Obama looked at Jason with wary and accusing eyes. The President knew what he was going to suggest. He ignored Jason. He just turned his back and walked towards the elevator with his armed body guards. When he was inside the elevator, the President signaled. From somewhere outside, the rigger flipped the safety switch off of a blasting machine and threw the "hell handle." An exploding device ripped the doors and their frames. The sound was jarring.Neal who was outside the building, threw his body and he was flat on his stomach. He didn't know what was going to happen next, so he stayed down and covered his eyes and ears with his arms.

A sudden flash of motion caught Neal's eye. He glanced to the left and saw what appeared to be a large insect, skimming and flying overhead. Then there were two, then three or four more on the right side. One by one the tiny insects jumped at the cyrokinetic mutant, with two winking eyes focused right on her.

"Our little friends will help us to sweep all those mutants. One sting from those bugs and bye bye powers!" The President said to himself loudly. The electronic bugs were devices made to depower and decimate mutants who were causing strife or were against the government.

more_horiz
Jason landed on his stomach as he covered his head with his arms from flying debris. Jason wasn't going to chase him down, there was no point in it. Too much security was surrounding him, and too much bullets were around them. Jason stood up and looked around. The only way he had to get out was the fire exit, so that's the way he left.

Running outside, he saw chaos. People shouting and fighting. Quickly spotting the mutants, Neal and Evelyn and that masked lady whose been on his mind for quiet sometime. Jason didn't have time to probe her mind for information, he had to leave. He walked toward them, not caring about the security guards anymore, as they all fell to the ground holding their head. I bet the pain is excruciating. But it's nothing compare to what President Obama will do to you humans, he told the guards telepathically.

This was a fight that Jason would not win and he knew better than that. He had to get out of there and get everyone out of there. "Neal and Evelyn, there is no way you'll be able to stop the humans without hurting yourself. Just take that baby and get out." said Jason. He knew Evelyn was with Brotherhood, but this was a united cause. One where all alliances should come together.

more_horiz
Eve was shocked.Everything was happening so quickly she didn't have the time to donor say anything.She saw people yelling and that mutant...that mutant tried to kill them.And if it wasn't Neal,her and the kid would be dead now.She owed him her life.She looked at the kid who was still unconscious then turned towards Neal.

"Neal..thank you.",she said truthfully.That word was unknown to her most of the time,but she still had a heart.And she had to use her heart now!She got up with the kid still on her arms and turned around ready to leave,when she heard Jason yell at her to take the kid and leave.

Under other circumstances,she would never take orders from an X-Men,but his fight wasn't against her.It was against her kind,and she knew that this time,they had to stick together.That would be the only way for them to win.She looked at Jason and nodded briefly before grabbing Neal's hand."Help me take the kid out of here.",she said looking at him pleadingly.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum