X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Nothing better to do (R to be safe)

descriptionCompleteNothing better to do (R to be safe)

more_horiz
Eve walked into her room in the middle of the night,throwing her jacket at the seat in front of her bed.She didn't spend much time in her room,because she was always bored,just siting inside.

She kicked her shoes in a corner,and stripped down to her underwear,walking over to her wardrobe.She opened her,and took out a pair of short black shorts,and an oversized sweater.The weather was chilly and she didn't want to wander around almost naked anyway.

She walked over to her bed and jumped on it,taking in the scent of her silken black sheets.She laid on her back and sighed,closing her eyes.She certainly didn't want to sleep,but she had nothing better to do.

Last edited by Evelyn Fireheart on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: Nothing better to do (R to be safe)

more_horiz
It might have been considered late-night for some other people; but the night was yet young for Kas. Las Vegas commonly had him awake until sunrise, and old habits were hard to break.

Having shelled out a heafty down-payment on a used Supra that paled in comparison to his old one, Kas was out for a test drive of his own. The New York City freeway was like a playground late at night, giving him plenty of space to reach speeds that would make the squemish piss themselves.

A certain firey brunette crept into his thoughts while he was darting the car through traffic, and Kelly thought back to the night they'd met in the club, and then went to watch a movie. A certain kind of warmth built inside and he felt a little smile form despite himself. Could that have been considered a date? His first real date..?
Well, he knew her address.. She'd dropped in on him; so perhaps it was time to return the favor. He would just have to ask her himself!

Kas didn't bother with parking far away and sneaking in. He liked to think he could handle the risks. Instead, he went right up to the very place and found a back door to 'invite' himself in. Tracking Evelyn down wasn't too difficult. He was already growing accustomed to the individual rythm of her heartbeat, the note of her voice, the smell of her hair and skin.

While the few that acutally stayed in the Brotherhood mansion were sleeping; Kas silently crept by thier doors until he found the right one.
He liked to mess with people, this was true. So instead of announcing his presence by knocking, he played with the air pressure a little.
An eerie, ghostly sound came from the door and window of Evelyn's room as the wind found every crack and whistled through.

more_horiz
Eve was laying there eyes closed.Her body was warm but the weather was chilly enough.She sprawled herself on her bed,moving around,her eyes still closed.She was enjoying the feeling of the silken sheets brushing against her bare skin.She arched her back and stretched a little,never opening her eyes.

The weather might have been chilly,but the wind wasn't blowing.Eve stayed there,sprawled on her bed,enjoying the quite and peace,when out of a sudden,a strong wind started blowing,making her windows crack.She opened one eye,and peeked around to find no one.

The thought of a man sneaked into her mind and she bit her lip,remembering their first encounter.Then they had gone to that old theatre and saw a movie together.She giggled,remembering every detail of their first meeting.The wind started blowing even harder and Eve got up walking over to her door,not bothering to fix her short shorts that were now even shorter.

The smell of rain hit her nose.A mix of wind and water.A very familiar smell.A smell that had never left her nose.Neither had the man who was the cause of all this.He hadn't left her mind.She opened the door to find Kas leaning there at her door."I knew there was a cause for all of this.",she said and smirked,crossing her arms over her chest.

more_horiz
"Did you now?" He chortled, giving a smartass little smile.
"Nice place. Hell of a lot nicer than mine."
Kas stood still outside the door, and the howling breeze died. Obviously Eve didn't scare easily.

"I had a question to ask you." Stating it bluntly, he glanced around. No one had heard them so far, though it wasn't exactly the sort of thing he wanted a chance of eavesdroppers getting involved in. Matters of the heart were best kept private.

Once Evelyn permitted him in, Kas looked around a moment, then paused with his arms crossed over the small of his back.
"Would you call that night a date?"
Silly question, it seemed.. but to a silly man, it was important.

more_horiz
Eve was a little surprised when he said he wanted to ask her a question."Just a sec" ",she said,and closed the door behind her,locking it.She then turned and smirked at Kas."Don't worry.I won't rape you.Just for safety.",she said with a smile and placed the small key on the top shelf of her bookcase.

She then turned around and walked over to her bed.She laid on her belly this time,turning to face Kas."So,you wanted to ask me something..",she repeated.She didn't state it as a question though.She was staring at Kas,who seemed to have this expressionless face again.Whenever they met,she always wanted to make him feel something.React.But she didn't know how.She only knew how to turn them on and please them,but making them smile for another reason was difficult for her.

"Would you call that night a date?",she heard him ask and she looked up at him.She scratched the back of her neck a little.She pushed herself off of the bed and walked in front of him."As a matter of fact yes.I did consider that night a date.But it's okay if you don't see it the same way.",she said and sighed with a shrug.

more_horiz
She did get some reaction from the 'dont worry, I won't rape you' comment, a half-smirk appeared while she placed the key nearby, and strode away, getting comfortable.

Her reaction to the question, however, wasn't quite what he expected.

A sighed "As a matter of fact yes.I did consider that night a date.But it's okay if you don't see it the same way." then she shrugged.

Did she sound disappointed? Kas actually looked her in the eyes, for a change, trying to guess what the meaning of that was. All of this was making his stomach feel odd, though he inwardly tried to blame it on the extra jalapenos with his burger earlier.

"It would be hard for me to tell, considering I've got no prior experience with such things... but, I think I could consider it a yes."
There. It was out. That was one step. Now, let's try another.
"Of course, if that doesn't satisfy you, we could always try it again."

more_horiz
Eve stood there feeling a little disappointed.She had thought that for once someone liked her for her and not her body and looks.Sadly,Kas didn't like her those way at all,and it hurt her to think that she was only good in bed.Kas looked her in the eyes for a change and she stared back at him curious.What was he thinking?

"It would be hard for me to tell, considering I've got no prior experience with such things... but, I think I could consider it a yes.",he said.Eve smiled a little and let out a breath She had been holding.From what it seemed,Kas wasn't interested in her but he tried to be.Kind of."Of course, if that doesn't satisfy you, we could always try it again.",he added,making Eve more confused.Was he really interested in her or not?That statement of his,made Eve raise her eyebrow,with a half-smirk appearing on her full lips.

"You want a second date?You got it.",she said and walked over to her bed,sprawling herself on it again.In fact,she was the one that wanted another date but she would never admit that to him.She would rather let him find it out by himself.Or persuade her to tell him somehow.Even though she wouldn't give in that easily.

Last edited by Evelyn Fireheart on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Returning that half-smirk, he watched her go back to the bed.
"You want a second date, you got it"
There was that strange twinge of something in his gut. A weird feeling, almost like he was catching some kind of illness.

"Okay. When do you want to go?"
For some reason, he wanted her to say 'right now', though that seemed rather rediculous. Here Evelyn was likely soon going to sleep, and he'd invited himself into the house and snuck up to her room like some creep. He considered himself lucky she hadn't lit him on fire already..

"Whenever is good for me. I don't exactly keep a schedule."

more_horiz
Eve gave him a smirk and bit her lip.She was going to drive him a little crazy again before thy went out on their second...date.She slowly arched her back and pushed herself off of the bed.She stood up and walked towards her wardrobe,taking off her sweater in the process,leaving her in her black bra and shorts.

She stared at her tops for a while,then grabbed a red fitting one and put it on.From he corner of her eye she was watching Kas's reaction.She didn't want to torment him much.Just a little.She fixed her shorts,making them a little shorter,and grabbed a pair of black boots,that reached over her knee.

As soon as she put them on,she walked over to her mirror,and applied the slightest hint of mascara.She wanted to be simple this time.She then grabbed the jacket from the chair,and walked over to her bookcase,grabbing her key."Come on love.The date is waiting for us.",she said giving him a wink.

more_horiz
First, she only smirked. What kind of answer was that?
Then Eve moved off the bed, in her oh-so-erotic manner, and went to change; Kas unable to pull his eyes away until she'd already gotten the red one out of the wardrobe.
Was she doing this on purpose? Then again, he was in her room.. where else was she going to change?
Mentally, he wanted to slap himself. He should have. Though on the outside, Kelly was standing there like a moron, trying to find something in the room to look at besides the flawless figure nearby. No, no, no. Bad!
When she finally spoke, he chanced a look in her direction, thankful Eve was now decent.

"Now, huh? Okay. Works for me!"
Damn right it did.. if he didn't need a cold shower first. That image was going to stick to the back of his retinas for a long time. He gave a tight-lipped smile.
"I think I know a place you might like."
And there was that twisting, heated feeling again..

more_horiz
Eve smirked and looked at him raising an eyebrow."Lead the way then Windie.",she said and grabbed his shirt pulling him with her.She reached the door and unlocked it slowly,sticking her head outside,peeking down the hall.Thankfully everybody was still asleep,and she walked into her room again,pullin Kas by his shirt outside.She walked outside also,and locked her door,then placed the small key in her pocket.

"So,where will we go?",she whispered to him.She walked side by side with Kas,brushing her arm against his.She made a flame appear in her hand,and lit up the darkened hall.They reached the staircase and she pushed him back a little,walking down first.She checked around to find no one,and then she turned around,motioning wih her index finger,for Kas to come to her."Let's go before someone comes."

more_horiz
He would've followed even without her pulling him along by the shirt, but the action brought on a smirk. While she quietly lead the way, he kept an 'ear' out for the sound of anyone waking up and coming to investigate what was going on. Why so nervous? He couldn't help but wonder. It wasn't as if he were the enemy sneaking in..
They made it to the door, and Kas lead the way toward his car, which was parked just around the side of the mansion. He went to the passenger's side first to open the door for Evelyn, still with that little smirk.
He wasn't sure she would like his idea of where to go, but he would just have to find out when they got there.
Shutting the door once Eve was settled in her seat, he hopped and slid across the hood Dukes-style, and jumped into his own spot, starting up the car and putting it in gear, ignoring seatbelts.

more_horiz
As soon as they were outside,Kas lead the way towards his car.Itbwas parked nearby and she was glad she didn't have to walk to much to reach it.When they reached it,Kas walked over,and opened the door for her like a real gentleman.Eve smirked and sat in,then he closed the door for her.He then slid across the hood,and Eve smirked again.Was he trying to get her attention,or was he just bored to walk all the way over to his door?Probably the second one.

Soon after,Kas walked in,and sat in the seat,forgetting all about the seabelt.Eve stared at him."So,where are you taking me?Is it going to be us two?",she said and raised her eyebrow.Where was he taking her really?To see a movie like last time?Or iin a Club?In the middle of the night,there weren't many places they could go to.

more_horiz
"Yup. Just the two of us. You'll see when we get there!"

Was he showing off? Maybe.
Mostly, Kas was excited.. and happy.
Evelyn agreed to go as soon as he asked. Whether it was because she was bored, or hoped to get something out of this, or just wanted to have a good time with him; she said yes.
Eve wasn't the least bit afraid of him. Kas could tell.
New York hadn't seen a reason to be afraid yet- unlike Las Vegas.
Kelly intended to keep it that way, as long as he could.
He didn't know how long this peace would last, but he was determined to enjoy it while he could, and do some of the things living the life of a trained killer didn't allow.
Such as going on a date with a lady. It gave him a weird feeling. He both liked it and was scared all at the same time.
Not scared of Evelyn- certainly not. He was scared to mess up and alienate her.

"So what kind of music do you like?"
The silver Supra cruised away from the creepy-looking Brotherhood mansion at a leisurely pace. No break-neck speeding this time. Kas wanted this night to last.

more_horiz
When Kas told hr they were going to be just the two of them,a small smile appeared on her lips.She liked that there wasn't going to be any more people.It was more date-like if they were alone.She really enjoyed being with Kas.He was sweet-as far as she had met him of course-and manly.He had all the right things a woman needed,and for now,she was the woman enjoying his goodies.

The car pulled off,away from the Mansion,but not with speed.It was a calm trip.Eve was expecting Kas to step on it form the beginning,but from what it seemed,he wasn't in a hurry.
After a while,Kas asked something and she looked out the window smiling."I hear everything that goes with the mood.But of I had to chose between the genres,I would say rock,metal,you know..hardcore stuff.But slow songs are also a passion of mine.",she stated with a smirk.

more_horiz
"I'll take it Disturbed is okay with you?" He snikkered. Kas fished for his phone, and plugged it into a couple of cords already at-home in the new-ish Supra.
After a moment, however, it wasn't screaming metal filtering through the speakers.
It was George Strait, singing 'Carrying Your Love With Me'.
The mellow tune fit the slow ride to.. wherever Kas was taking them.

"How long have you been in New York City?"
All these questions he could have asked. He wanted to get to know Evelyn better; but asking more personal things than this also meant he had to start sharing too. No one was going to tell about themselves and not ask questions in return. That was the rub. Once he started to tell his story, the whole date would turn sour.

more_horiz
Eve's smirk grew when he asked her if she was ok with Disturbed.She turned to him and nodded."Hell yes!Of course I'm okay with them.I had met them once on a tour.One of their songs was written for me.",she said and played her song in her mind.

She thought about how long she had been here.Not much time."Around 4 months.",she said,but these months were enough for her to go gambling,drive men crazy,and go on a date with a handsome man.Times like this,she considered herself really lucky.But most of the time,she considered herself just a toy.At least,that's the way most men see her.Yes,she had looks no woman had.She had a body no woman had also.But this isn't the most pleasurable thing all the time.Eve loved attention...but from the right men.

more_horiz
"Which song was that?" He inquired, interest piqued. He'd listened to alot of Disturbed, especially since it was on his favorite rock station in Vegas. Though he admittedly had a soft-spot for country.
"Four months. We've been here nearly the same amount of time.. funny we haven't run into each other before."
Of course they could have passed one another in a club and not even known. That was the charm of the big city.. You were just another face in the crowd unless you did something to stand out above the rest.
Kas guided the vehicle toward Manhattan's center as they conversed over the sound of the music softly playing in the background. A clear, starry sky above the tall buildings ahead of them brought a faint smile of optemism. This was going to be a good night.

more_horiz
Eve looked over at Kas and smirked.She would let him find out the song by herself,seeing that it was too obvious."Isn' it obvious love?",she said and let out a small laugh.She remembered when she told them that she was Pyrokinetic.Their song 'Inside the Fire',was written for her,and her only.

It surprised her that they were both here almost the same time but hadn't run into each other.Ve would certainly remember him if they had met before.Men like him,we're not to be forgotten.They stuck into your head,along with memories of him,and dreams.She was caught up into her thoughts as the car continued driving.She looked out of the window again,and stared at the sky.

"It's really beautiful outside.",she stated with a faint smile.She loved night.Mornings didn't interest her much.

more_horiz
"I think I might have an idea..!" Taking those baby-blues off the road, he pressed the touch screen of his phone and switched the song. Lo and behold, he guessed it. The rolling bass and guitar solo started through the speakers like thunder in the distance, then like a lightning strike, the words began

'Ooooh, Devon,
Won't go to heaven.
She's just another lost soul, about to be mine again.
Leave her, we will receive her.
It is beyond your control, will you ever meet again?'

Kas laughed lightly as the booming bass shook the car. He'd always liked this song, but never knew who it was for or about.
Glancing over to Evelyn at her comment about the night outside, he shrugged.
"'Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it'."
He smiled, still keeping his eyes on the brunette beauty beside him.

more_horiz
Eve leaned her head back against the seat and smirked as soon as she heard the song being played.Her song.The words described everything exactly as they should.Take your place inside the fire with her.And that made her wonder.Would anyone take their place inside the fire with her?Would he dare to?

She irked and faced Kas,raising an eyebrow questioningly."Am I one of these things?",she asked smirking a little.Could she be one of them really?She didn't know,but bshe shrugged,turning her gaze away from him.She looked outside the window,feeling eyes stare at her.She turned again to find Kas looking at her,his eyes glued on her."What are you staring at?

more_horiz
The smirk was returned in kind, and Kas still didn't need to look at the road to know where they were going.
"A beautiful person.. despite what she might want others to believe.."
Snowflakes tenatively fell, melting into tiny raindrops before they touched the ground. All the same, the windows didn't have a drop of moisture on them. They could still see perfectly.. not that Kas was watching.
"I heard from a little girl named Maria that you kept her safe until she fell asleep.. I saw how you were practically wishing you didn't have to give up Makenzie. You may have cold words; but you also have a warm heart."
It didn't take a blind man to see that. Just someone who observed and cared.
Evelyn was giving him strange feelings. Something others described as 'butterflies in the stomach'. Maybe Eve didn't understand his past, but she accepted him. Wanted to spend her time with him. She didn't press for his life story; she just wanted someone to share a good time with. It was more than he deserved, but all he could ask for.
"Your favorite color must be red, huh?"

more_horiz
Eva was surprised with what she was hearing.She was never considered as good person,neither she considered herself one.Heck,she had almost killed someone.She stared at Kas,unable to form words."A beautiful person.. despite what she might want others to believe?"What was the meaning of this?She knew she as attractive but this 'despite what she might want others to believe' confused her too much.What did he mean by that?

She stood there staring back at him doumbfounded.She was ready to tell him something or better,ask him something,when he spoke again,making her shut up immediately.Kas had a power over her,and that made her a little angry,but at the same time she found it really amazing.She liked it when men were in control."I heard from a little girl named Maria that you kept her safe until she fell asleep.. I saw how you were practically wishing you didn't have to give up Makenzie. You may have cold words; but you also have a warm heart."

Eve was shocked.So shocked she went a little pale.How did he know that?The girl must have told him.What a stupid thought!Though the thing that she loved little kids didn't mean she was good,did it?And if it did,she could never admit it or else she would be kicked out of Brotherhood,without money or a house to stay.She would be alone,so she had to stick to her bad side.

"You may have cold words; but you also have a warm heart."
Eve couldn't believe it.He knew her all too we for a person that had met her...three times in total?And they never had a discussion about her life.But he understood her,and didn't question her acts.He just stated out some of them."Why are you telling me all of these?,she asked really curious.

Eve nodded and smiled a little."Yes.Red happens to be my favorite one.But it changes from things to things.For example,I prefer black roses from red.My sheets are usually black,matching my room,but I have red ones for special occasions.",she said and smirked a little.She is one strange little creature.

more_horiz
Snikkering at her responses, Kas could see he was getting to her.
He meant no harm of course. On the contrary; it could never hurt to point out the good in someone. Whether it was because she was naturally drawn in as a woman, or because she missed her inner child in some way; he could see her wanting to protect the innocent.

"The colors of sin and death.." Kas mused aloud. "Why am I telling you this? Because I think the world makes people go against their nature. Wouldn't it be easier to ditch the bad-girl lifestyle and do something conventional..?" Like raising a family, for instance. He implied it, but didn't say it. That would be assuming too much.

more_horiz
Eve was kind of amused by what he was saying.He was kind of getting to her and she wasn't used to being open to someone.Exposed.She was always her and herself.Every man wanted the same from her.Sex.But Kas was trying to be her friend.A person she could trust.And she understood he meant no harm.

"Ditch the bad girl lifestyle?I was born a bad girl Windie.And by saying I should do something else,you mean marrying someone and have a little family I could care for and love?Believe me,it's on my list.When I find the right man.The man that will love me for me.And not just for sex.",she stated truthfully.

She had been hurt many times.She was used,played,even raped.Just for her looks.She would never forget that day.The day that changed her life.The day when someone decided he could take it away from her just for fun.Just because she was good and he knew she wouldn't hurt him.That was the day she stared hating all humans.And she got revenge by playin with them too.Though,she had promised to herself that she would make a family and give them the love she was never given.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum