X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Nothing better to do (R to be safe)

descriptionCompleteRe: Nothing better to do (R to be safe)

more_horiz
There came a nod and a small smile at the admission that it was 'on her list'. At least she hadn't given up the hope for it.
The understanding that love and sex were two seperate things was an indicator of something. Something he wasn't going to ask about, but could guess at well enough. It didn't take a genius to know pretty women drew unwanted attention.
"That would be a first for you then, I take it?"
He glanced down and picked a new song as the other one ended, still managing to keep the car moving along unflateringly.
Skrillex started to thump through the speakers. Something upbeat seemed to be in order.
"Having someone apprciate you for who you are, not just what you look like; what you can do for them..?"

more_horiz
Eve nodded slightly.As soon as someone came along she would want to make a family with him.But not because he was handsome.But because he cared for her and loved her for who she was.Not her looks.Not her body."Yes.When I find a guy that will love me,I would like to make a family with him."

His question surprised her a little.She didn't understand why he was so curious about it,but she would tell him nonetheless."I am willing to give them everything.Love.Passion.A family.Everything!I would care for him,and trying to cheer him up when he is in a bad mood.I will try not to be the jealous type.I won't ask him things he might not want to be asked.He would have freedom.But I hope he won't take advantage of that.With him it's not going to be just sex.It's going to be love making.Sonething I never experienced.I will give him my heart.But I would like him to promise me that.....he won't brake it."

She said and stared into his eyes for a while.The snow was falling outside,but everything in here seemed to change the weather.She sighed,remembering all the things that had happened in her life.She was hurt and heart broken many times.But would a man appear and save her from all this?

more_horiz
Listening to all of this brought on a little smile, which stuck even after she was done explaining and he nodded.
"That sounds like a good goal to shoot for."
It seemed like he was just going to leave it at that, after hearing Eve practically pouring her heart out.
"I haven't really thought much about having a family, settling down.. Never really thought it would be possible."
He let out a breath.
"Then I ended up in New York City.. and met this weird bunch of people, mutants like me, who still managed to hold together a marriage, even have kids. Sure, there's problems involved.. but doesn't every family have some struggles to overcome? So I started to think; maybe it's not so impossible for me, either."
Chuckling a bit, he bothered to look ahead and flicked on the windshield wipers.
"And then, I met this insanely hot girl, who likes to push guys around but really likes kids.."

more_horiz
Eve was looking at him.She saw a smile form on his lips,and she bit her lip to stop from giggling.Kas didn't smile often,but when he did,it was the most beautiful thing you could ever see.She was glad from what she was hearing.He thought that he couldn't have a family,but then again,he was kind of thinking about it.He had some hope left.

As she was thinking all this,an image of him holding a baby girl passed her head.It was the sweetest thing ever."I just imagined you holding a baby girl in your arms.And it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.You will be a great daddy someday.I am glad you stil have hope.",she said,and slowly extended her hand to rest on his

His next words made her laugh,but made her happy at the same time.He was referring to her and she couldn't help but smile widely."I don't like them.I adore them with a passion.",she said and giggled a little.She always wanted to have cute little things all around her.She wanted to give them everything.Eve wasn't afraid to talk about that with Kas.It felt strange,but with him,she felt safe.Like, she could just be herself.With no one judging her.

more_horiz
"You think so?" The thought brought on a chuckle. It wasn't as if he considered such a thing impossible.. but what could he really teach a child? Most of his life was about defending himself. He didn't want to add another link in the chain his parents created. Teaching someone how to deal with threats only made them fearful and paranoid, thinking something was always out to get them.

"Imagine that. You know, I've never actually held a baby." Tiny, delicate little things...
"What.. what does that feel like, to you? You aren't scared of hurting them?"

more_horiz
Eve grabbed his arm,forcing him to face her.She knew how he felt.She had gone through this too many times.She wanted to make him feel what she felt when she was holding that little creature in her arms.She wanted him to understand that he has more to give than he can think of.She wanted it him to want to give something.

Eve bit her lip before staring at him."I grew up with hatred Kas.I got beat up,pushed into the mud,even got raped.Little kids were seeming to like me,but I always pushed them away.Exactly for the same reason.Because I was afraid I'll hurt them.One day,a car was running down the road.There was a baby in the road Kas.Its parents had thrown it away.The car was going to kill it.I could see the fear in his eyes.The tears that were running down its cheeks.And I could hear the cries.I saved that child,but I couldn't be his mother,so I left it in an Orphanage.When I am holding babies,I get this feeling.The feeling that I have to have one of my own.I promised myself that I would give them the love I never got,and that I would protect them with my own life.I just...I am jealous of every couple that seems to be so happy having its baby.And I...",but her voice broke,when she felt a tear running down her cheek.She hadn't understood she was crying.

Eve bit her lip as more tears came running down."And I....I know I can be a good mom someday.I am just afraid.I know I might get out of control some time,and that's why I want their father to be there next to me and support me.I don't want them to go through what I have.So don't be afraid.You have things to give.A rose has its thorns.Nothing is perfect.",she said and smiled a little.

more_horiz
The usually impassive listener, Kas did listen; though it was hard to keep a straight face. He could see the pain in Eve's eyes as she chewed her lip and started to speak, even before the tears started falling.
It took more bravery to admit to oneself they couldn't have or didn't deserve what they wanted the most- such as an abandoned child who may have wanted nothing more than the same thing Eve wanted when she had to give the baby to an orphanage. Unconditional acceptance.
Giving yourself to someone else only to be thrown away in return was a scarring experience.

So much that some refused to give anything of themselves after that; or lived like himself and simply didn't share to begin with; having learned from seeing others' mistake.
Kas could think back to the examples he knew..
A man drinking and doping himself to death because his wife divorced him and kept his children away from him.
A woman that became a prostitute simply because she found it was all that men wanted to love about her.
A teenager who tried to jump off the roof of a 13-story parking deck because his parents hated him for being gay, and his boyfriend broke up with him for running away from home.
The list could go on, and on...

"No.. I know nobody's perfect."
He tried a small smile, though it failed to reach his eyes.

The bit about getting 'out of control', he didn't worry about. Children had a way of changing people, giving them a reason to go above and beyond their own expectations to make a good example.
"Would one parent supporting the other be enough, though?"
Granted, there were single-parent homes that did alright.. but he always pictured raising children as a team-effort. Both parents taking part and contributing.
"I don't know.. I'm glad you have so much faith in me." He gave a dry chuckle.
"I think you would make a very good mother, though. Woe to the person that ever tried to mess with any child of yours."

The car pulled off the narrow side-road and toward Manhattan proper while they spoke. Finally their destination was close. Maybe now she could guess where this date was going?
A moment later, they stopped in the mostly-empty lot at the side of the Natural History Museum, looking out at the snow-blanketed west side of Central Park.

more_horiz
Eve laughed at his comment,trying to lighten the mood.The conversation was nice but the theme was a little too much.After all they were on a date and Eve didn't want him to be sad.That was going to be the first failure in a man.She let his arm,and turned but remained turned towards him."Well,let me see if I ever have children..then we'll talk about someone messing with them.",she said.Eve didn't want to admit it,but she was losing hope.

Soon Eve saw the Natural History Museum and raised an eyebrow at Kas."Tell me we aren't going threre.",she said,but her question was answered soon after,when her eyes met the West Side of the Central Park.Though she could not understand what kind of date this one was going to be.No restaurant,no movies,hell,not even a hotel or something.Eve stared at Kas trying to figure out how he planned the whole date but failed.She shrugged and waited for him to do something.

more_horiz
With the ominous cloud starting to lift from the conversation, Kas returned her smile.
The remark on the museum made him chuckle.
"Nope. I won't completely nerd out on you.. yet."
Opening his door, Kas started to step out, snikkering to himself. Evelyn's door popped open seemingly on its own if not for the swift rush of air that shoved it.
Kas wordlessly took Eve's hand and lead her away from the parking lot and the ancient-looking museum.
It was peacefully quiet, as if the two were in their own little world.

The wind was scarcely moving, and overhead the heavy clouds reflected an orange glow from the city lights. Snowflakes slowly cascaded down like falling stars, brushing against skin and hair as gently as the wings of butterflies. The ground was blanketed with a thin layer of diamond dust, making it seem like they were walking into some mystical fairy-tale land; rather than the walkways of Central Park.

Kas had a persistent, tight-lipped smile. He wanted to show something in the Park, whether she'd already been or not. Though while they walked, the moment seemed too heavenly and perfect to break the silence. As if it were a dream, and asking to make any sense of it would only cause it to shatter and fade away.

((we should might move on to a new thread in Central Park forum?))

more_horiz
((Yes))

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum