X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Tracks in the Snow (pg-13)

descriptionCompleteTracks in the Snow (pg-13)

more_horiz
Kas lead Evelyn down one particular walking path, taking them into the quiet 'forest' of cultivated trees, standing somehow elegantly in their bareness against the sentimental cast of the night sky. A little bit of nature in the heart of the city. It felt like a world apart.

In the slightly chilly stillness, their breath rose in small clouds, though Kas seemed to be holding his as if there were something on the tip of his tongue that he wanted to say.. but he thought it didn't need saying.

There was never a situation that came together as divinely as artwork before in his life. He didn't want to do something to ruin it, so he kept quiet and held the relaxed pace, keeping Evelyn's hand warmly held in his.

descriptionCompleteRe: Tracks in the Snow (pg-13)

more_horiz
Eve was walking down the path along with Kas.Her hand was kept into his,and she couldn't help but smile at the thought.They reminded her of couples you see in movies.Walking hand in hand.Side by side.She leaned her her against his arm,and continued walking.

She had a goofy smile on her face,something you would see rarely,if you ever had the chance to see it in the first place.The smell of trees and flowers hit her nose,and she inhaled deeply.She exhaled with a happy sigh and looked up at Kas through her black eyelashes."Where are you taking me exactly?",she asked curious.

more_horiz
Since Eve spoke up, asking an important question she was likely pondering a while, he chuckled under his breath and answered, trying to still the stirring in his chest as Evelyn drew closer, holding his arm.
"The Shakespeare garden.. It's... something I saw, in a movie."
He gave a little shrug with his free arm.
Kas could only guess how inept that sounded, but that was what he had to go on. Movies and books. So far, it hadn't seemed like a bad approach.
"You said you hadn't been in New York that long.. maybe you've seen it before?"

more_horiz
Eve was quite surprised at his response."You read Shakespeare?",she asked excited.She also liked Shakespeare but never dared to say so.She smiled widely suddenly feeling excited.Shakespeare was a romantic person and his garden should be the same.Eve hopes this garden would do some good.

She continued walking alongside with him when he asked a question."No,I haven't seen it before.I had only read about it sadly.",she said but smiled widely afterwards."But thanks to you I'll get to see it.",she said and with a swift motion,she planted a kiss in the corner of his lips.

more_horiz
Shakespeare's name was practically a household novelty anymore, though anyone who actually read his material knew why he made such fame. Nothing was so original.
Reading about life, and actually living it however; were very different.
Kas never expected to relate to someone like this.
Eve's smile and the feeling of the warm, appreciative kiss couldn't be put into words; not even by the master himself.
Kas smiled back, laughing quietly as he continued to lead them along.
"You're welcome."

Before long, they came to a grove of small, bare bushes. A bronze plaque displayed a quotation from one of the famous plays, as well as some pertinent information about the white mulberry trees that were made mention of in writing.
An arched bridge over a frozen creek, complete with ducks sleeping beneath lie ahead. A staircase one might imagine leading into a castle courtyard spread in the pathway. It was all so whimsical, Kas had to blink and make sure this was real.

more_horiz
Eve stood there next to Kas,doumbfounded.She looked around amazed,not being able to believe this was real.She let her hand slide down his arm,as she started walking further into the garden.She stared at the big trees and the flowers that were still there,even after snowing.She shook her head with a grin,then turned to Kas.

"I swear I'll have to persuade my future husband to get married here.It is amazing.And unique.",she said,meaning every word. She walked over to him and stared deeply into his eyes,before grabbing his shirt,pulling him with her slowly,never breaking he contact.

more_horiz
"They do perform weddings here.." He informed, before Eve held onto his shirt and gently tugged him along. There was something about a woman that wasn't timid at taking the lead.

He smiled, chuckling lightly under his breath before giving in to that gaze of hers. He felt like he could get lost in those gemlike eyes, staring into them while the rest of the world could burn up and blow away for all he cared.

more_horiz
Eve drew up closer,still holding on his shirt.She never broke eye contact with him while doing so though.She bit her lip and leaned in a little to whisper something in his ear."Take a picture...it lasts longer.",she told him smirking.She then pulled back and gave him a wink,before turning around and walking away,swaying her hip just the slightest bit.

She kept walking until she spotted a tall tree.She ran over and stopped in front of it.She turned a little to stare at Kas with a wide grin."Are you coming or are you goin to keep staring at my back?",she asked raising an eyebrow.She then took a step back,examining the tree.She jumped,getting hold of a branch,and with a swift motion,she climbed on top of it.She sat down on it cross legged and smiled down at Kas.

more_horiz
Such a tease!
He snikkered as she walked away, watching that feminine saunter.
Being asked if he was going to stare at her like that all night, Kas shrugged.
"I wouldn't mind."
It was a nice view..
Though he quickly followed to hop and pull himself up into the tree.
Now they looked like a couple of birds huddling next to each other.

He scooped up a handful of powdery snow from the branches and lightly tossed it at Eve. Payback for the teasing.

more_horiz
Eve felt Something cold hit her warm skin.A shiver went down her spine and she let out a moan of surprise.Turning to face Kas,she raised an eyebrow."What was that for?!",she asked with a smile.She scooted closer to him and punched his arm playfully.

They looked like friends messing around,and Eve knew he was a special person.It was like he was the missing piece of her own puzzle.They were getting a lot just fine,and their first date went along just fine.This one was going great so far,and that's when she started thinking of something.She couldn't consider herself his girlfriend,could she?No.She knew Kas wasn't interested in someone.....or was he?And what if she wasn't her?She shook her head and bit her lip."So what are we going to do today?Last time we saw a movie..",she said remembering how she had leaned against his shoulder while the movie was playing.

more_horiz
At the playful smack on the arm, he fell backward, as if she'd knocked him down.
It was easy enough to hang by his knees, and curl back up, after catching a lighter that escaped from his pocket.
No answer came but a smile like the cat that ate the canary at first.
"You in a rush to leave, or what?"
Kelly moved closer so there was no space between them on the branch.
He reached up to dust off the snow in her hair.

"I've got ideas, don't worry. New York always has something to do."
Planning a schedule wasn't really his style.
"What do you do in your spare time at that dumpy Brotherhood place?
I couldn't imagine it being terribly interesting there."

Kas wanted to know whatever Eve felt willing to tell him. He was curious about all kinds of things; all in time, however.
He felt comfortable sitting here, or really going anywhere they wanted. As long as she chose to enjoy the company.

more_horiz
Eve's eyes widened when Kas feel back and she was ready to scream,when he curled back up with a smile.She wanted to punch his arm again,but she was afraid that he would fall for real this time.She bit her lip as he scooted closer,leaving no space between them.She giggled as he brushed some snow from her hair.She pushed back a little to move her leg over the branch,so now her legs were on either side of the branch.She pulled herself closer to Kas,returning into her first place.

She looked him in the eyes and leaned in just a little so that they were face to face."And if I said I was in a rush,what would you do?Would you keep me here?",she whispered to him.She wanted to provoke him.Drive him crazy.Get a different reaction for a change.She wanted to challenge him to do something unexpected.

She didn't mind that he didn't have anything planned.She liked unexpected things.It sounded weird but who said she wasn't?His question made her laugh."I usually listen to music,dance,read books or have hot showers.",she said shrugging.

more_horiz
The words of challenge brought on a smirk.
"Maybe I would!" He retorted, bringing both arms up and gingerly wrapping them around her without throwing off his balance.
"As I suspected, not that interesting.. well, the hot showers bit could be.." he laughed quietly. "What kinds of books? Fantastical tales about knights and princesses maybe?" Elluding to the movie they watched on the first night they went somewhere together, it was a guess.

more_horiz
Eve smirked as she felt his arms wrap around her.She took that as a small signal,and rested her hands on his shoulders.Now they were even closer than before,yet still far away."Oh I would like to see what you'd do.",she said,sliding her hands down to rest against his chest.

"As I suspected,no that interesting...",he commented making her snort."Oh you're saying that because you haven't seen me dance for you Windie..",she stated giving him a wink and a grin."And as for the hot showers...you'll never know if you don't try."

more_horiz
"So she says..!" He was enjoying this back-and-forth between them. It was rare to find anyone who would stand up to him in good humor. Someone that could pick right back without missing a beat.
"Perhaps we'll just have to see, sometime." Kas didn't make an urgent deal of it, though. It wasn't that the idea didn't tempt him.. He had to try not to mentally picture it.
The point was to show some restraint. Eve deserved better than another jerkbag whose primary interest in her was jumping in the sack with her as soon as he could.

"Have you ever thought about visiting a real castle?" He knew she liked Shakespeare.. it fit with the times.

more_horiz
Eve admired their conversations and she liked the remarks she was getting.Kas was flirting with her a little but he wasn't hitting in her like a desperate man who wanted her in his bed right away just to pleasure himself.Eve had to admit that Kas was a great friend,but she couldn't hide the thing that she like him as more than just a friend.

"Perhaps we'll just have to see, sometime.",he said and she laughed.She wrapped her legs around his waist and laid back on the branch."Just give me a call when you wish to try.",she said and pulled him closer with her legs laughing.

Visiting a real castle has never passed her mind,seeing that she was never princess-like,even though she adored stories with them.How they always got the guy they like.Their Prince Charming.Their brave knight."No,I've never been to one.And I haven't though about going either."

more_horiz
"I'll give you my number." when he could move. Kas chuckled. Wiggling around to a comfortable arrangement, Kas made no other efforts to escape. Rather, he was caught up admiring the legs that had caught him.
"Hmmm.. ever been horseback riding?"

Weird question... though if Eve didn't like strange and random, she was hanging out with the wrong person; and she wasn't running yet.

more_horiz
Eve smiled and nodded.She had already thought how he will be named in her contacts.She giggled and pulled Kas a little closer.His question,made her raise an eyebrow.She laughed. Little at the random question but she found it nice.

"Nope,never.But I like your randomness Kas.Which reminds me that I wanted to try something for the past few days.",she said and grabbed his shirt,pulling herself up and close to him to whisper in his ear."Just don't kill me afterwards.."Eve was afraid that Kas would push her away after that but she had to risk it.She pulled back slightly and brushed her lips against his.

more_horiz
It wasn't the first time he'd been kissed, per se. Though, it was the first time a kiss meant anything.
His eyelids fluttered closed, and Kas held his breath, trying to hold onto the moment.
Kas could feel his heartbeat in his ears as time seemed to slow to a crawl.
An unfamiliar sort of giddy nervousness came alive. Is that what 'butterflies in the stomach' referred to?
Sitting back once their lips had parted, he chuckled, tongue flicking out to catch the taste she left.
"Heheh.. So I won't kill ya. but I am going to retaliate."
He grinned, before turning Eve's idea against her, leaning in for another kiss.

more_horiz
When their lips touched,Eve didn't feel fireworks,bombs,or whatever you could call it.She felt need.Passion.Something she never felt when other men kissed her.
Kas was important for her and that would be undeniable.
She needed him in her life.

She was glad he didn't pull away,but instead he kissed back.Something that made her smile a little.Her eyes were closed,enjoying every second she could.
When they parted,Eve remained with her eyes closed.She didn't want to lose the taste of him.Not yet.Not ever.

When she heard him chuckle,she finally opened her eyes to see him.His eyes never stopping attracting her.Not that the rest of him didn't.
She bit her lip waiting for him to say something.
"Heheh.. So I won't kill ya. but I am going to retaliate.",she heard him say and she couldn't help but laugh a little.

"I didn't know you liked it that much",she said but her last words were cut by his lips crushing firmily on hers.This time,she placed one hand at his neck,and one tugging on his shirt,pullin him closer.She could say he was the best kisse by far.
She pulled him even closer-if that could happen-and made the kiss deeper.

more_horiz
Time seemed to hold them gracefully suspended. Long enough Kelly's lips parted breifly to nip at Eve's bottom lip she was always biting on, and kiss it once more before he stopped to smile.
That was enough, for now.
Kas felt a pull to go for something more.. but a strange internal sense was telling him to tread slowly in this. To keep the give-and-take in balance.

"Haa..! And we're sitting in a tree.." In ironic humor, he alluded to the mocking children's rhyme, chuckling a little. "Verily, we've escaped from Athens into the woods, dear Hermia. And now comes -the- question..."
Making a reference to Midsummer Night's Dream; even though it was the middle of winter.
They very well could have left the real world, and traveled to imagination. At least, Kas felt that way.
Around Eve, the rest of life seemed to fade away. He didn't think about safe exits and every twitch in the air around. He was just having fun, and hoping someone would smile and laugh with him.

"A good persuasion: therefore, hear me, my Hermia. And run through fire I will for thy sweet sake; if you would but answer me this.."
Pausing to snikker at his own rediculousness, Kas gave Eve that quirky smile of his.
"Cats or dogs?" Yet another oddball question. It spoke volumes about people, though; as did many simply overlooked questions.

more_horiz
Eve was enjoying how Kas took care of her mouth.How he wasn't pushing for anything more than what she was willing to give.She had taken a risk to reveal her feelings for him and he had shown her how sweet he can be.
Maybe love wasn't so bad after all.Though she wouldn't be able to tell if this was or if it will ever become love.
She wouldn't be able to understand something she was never given.Or would she?

When Kas parted his lips and started nibbling on her lower lip,it took all her self control to keep herself from moaning loudly.Her lower lip and neck were her most sensitive spots.If you treat them nicely,you will have her.
When he pulled back and smiled,she leaned forward to kiss his nose.She let out a giggle and smiled also.
"Thanks for not killing me after that.",she said with a cheeky smile.

"Verily, we've escaped from Athens into the woods, dear Hermia. And now comes -the- question...".When Eve heard him recite lines from one if Shakespeare's plays-Midsummer Night's Dream-,she stood there listening to him.His deep voice sent shivers down her spine with every word.

"A good persuasion: therefore, hear me, my Hermia. And run through fire I will for thy sweet sake; if you would but answer me this..",she heard him say.
She raised an eyebrow,waiting for the question to he stated.She was curious to hear what he'll say this time.She loved his randomness.It made her laugh,but at the same time his words always had an important meaning behind them.
"Cats or dogs?",he simply asked.

Eve looked at him with a funny look.She bit her lip but that couldn't help her.
She burst out laughing at his crazy question.It was amazing how quick he could change from Hermia's love,Lysander,back to the ordinary but lovely Kas.She calmed herself and looked at him,tapping her chin,faking she was thinking.
"Hmmm..let me see.Well,both have its goods and bads.Both of them are amazing creatures.Cats are powerful,mysterious,wild.Something I like.But dogs are your friends.They will stand by your side 'till the end.Cats aren't like that.I can't really choose between them."

more_horiz
"Not taking sides, huh?" Kas chuckled, watching Eve chew her bottom lip and resisting the temptation to go after them again.
"A good enough answer, I suppose. It pays to see the positive in everyone." Snikkering, he closed a little bit of the distance between them, baby-blues staring into turquoise.
He didn't know how many questions he could ask before Eve told him to stop being nosy, or asked something in exchange and disliked the answer. There wasn't really alot Kas pictured being able to offer Evelyn in the ways of a lifelong companion; and he already knew children were an impossiblity for him. Though something about Eve was unlike anyone else he'd ever met.
He was drawn to her like a moth to the flame. How apropos...
No truer thought could be, however. Kas didn't care if he got burned and it hurt for countless years afterward. If he gave her his heart, and she smashed it into peices.
He had never done anything so rash. Jumping headlong into the unknown without so much as a thought, a plan, some 'safety net'.
Eve's smile, her laugh- it was better than any drug could ever do. All thought practically vanished from mind, and he simply allowed himself to feel.

"You can't be so non-commital all the time, though. What are you passionate about? What gets that fire stoked? Saving the fuzzy animals? Seeing self-righteous men fall? A few shots and a good beat?"

more_horiz
Eve smiled at his new question.No,she didn't mind.
Even if he asked her anything personal,she wouldn't mind.
Kas was something different,and she wanted him to know about her.As many things as he wanted to know,Eve would give him an answer each and every time he asked.

"Passionate huh?I really love dancing,mostly slow songs,and Tango.I love men that treat a girl nicely,and don't hit on her like they are desperate.You,for example,are one of my likings."
Eve told him so,but she still couldn't understand what he wanted to know exactly.
Was he asking her to tell him what turned her on?
"A few shots and a good beat?"

This one made her laugh and she looked at him challengingly."Nah..shots are just for fun.All I need is good company."

more_horiz
"Tango? I woulda never guessed that one." Smiling at her answer, especially at the particular part about being included in her list of likings; Kas put thier foreheads together.
"As long as you can stand it, company you have." He chuckled. "It's not like I actually keep a schedule." Kas shrugged and placed another kiss on Eve's brow, before backing off a little.
"You have a phone, yeah?"

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum