X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

After Effects of the Trip

descriptionCompleteAfter Effects of the Trip

more_horiz
When everyone arrived Shikon walked into the living room, and as gently as he could set Lakai down on the couch. He then walked into the kitchen and grabbed a ice pack, and some paper towels. He wrapped the ice pack and took it to Lakai. "Move this all over your arms. It'll relieve some of the heat from the burns. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you very well." He kissed her forehead, and when to stand back up, but when he did all the pain in his body hit him hard. He collapsed back on the ground. For a moment it was as if all the air in his lungs had been driven from his body, and gasped for breath. When he finally caught air again he realized just how much pain he was truly in.

descriptionCompleteRe: After Effects of the Trip

more_horiz
Eve walked in along with Shikon,who was still carrying Lakai .They were both hurt and Eve wanted to take care of both of them,but Shikon wouldn't let Lakai from his eyes.
She watched him as he set her down on the couch gently,and then he disappeared into the kitchen.
His leg was obviously badly injured,and Eve wanted to just push him down on a couch,and treat his wound,before it became infected.

She saw him return a while after,with some ice.He gave it to Lakai,and told her what to do with it to ease the pain.
But when he tried to stand back up,he fell down,hitting hard on the cold floor.Eve ran immediately at him,eyes widening.
She knew she shouldn't have let him carry Lakai when he was so badlly wounded,but his was the leader of the Brotherhood.Ironic huh?He was younger than her,yet,he was the one leading the whole team.
"Shikon stay still.The wood is still stuck in your leg.I need to treat your wounds.",she said and slowly pulled him towards the other sofa.She set him on it and let out a breath."How much do you guys weigh?",she said and let out a small laugh.

Last edited by Evelyn Fireheart on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Lakai gasped in surprise. The entire way back she had demanded he put her down but he was stubborn. Now he was a mess. She scrambled off of the couch and the ice pack fell to the floor. She and her sister were surprisingly strong for their sizes. she took shikon from Eve and half lifted half drug Shikon to the couch and laid him on it as gently as she could. She sat him on it then put his legs on the couch. She sat down on the floor next to the couch and looked at him with a worried and scared expression. " Shikon, oh god shikon are you alright?" she was too focused on Shikon to even notice Eve.

more_horiz
Shikon started to laugh when they layed him on the couch. He didn't know why he was, but it was funny. His leg was already numbing up again, and his arm was coated in dried blood. "Hey hey Lakai. No worries darling. I'm right here, and I'm fine." He laughed again, and slowly he started to feel fine. "You know guys I'm fine. really I don't need anything done." Shikon tried to move and sit up, but only succeeded in coughing up some blodd on the couch arm.

more_horiz
Lakai shifted into a wolf and whined. She was really worried about Shikon. He pushed himself too hard as always. She gently licked the blood from his arm. It might seem gross to most people but it was a wolf thing. She whined more when he coughed up the blood. She shifted back to human and put her hand over her mouth. " You are not fine shikon. You are VERY not fine." She looked back at Eve. " He needs a doctor or something. Any ideas?"

more_horiz
Isabella made back to mansion after that little stand off. She crashed into the couch and sighted in exhaustion. "That lady can sure fight. Anyone knows her name?" she asked as she looked around. "I meant to say she's you know...good fighter." Good thing Isabella wasn't on her wanted list, otherwise she might have ended up like the rest of them; in pain.

more_horiz
Shikon sighed deeply. Could be worse he thought to himself. "A doctor isn't necessary. I'm completely fine." He forced himself to sit up. Pain surged all through his body, and he felt tears brim up, but he blinked them away. "See guys? I'm perfectly fine." Shikon grabbed at his leg where the wood was. He grabbed the edge that was sticking out, and tried to pull it out. It didn't budge. Shikon gritted his teeth, held his breath, and pulled hard. All it did was cause mor epain, and possibly move the wood deeper. "Dammit. Seems I can't catch a break today eh?" He chuckled to himself.

more_horiz
Lakai hated to see Shikon in so much pain and she felt helpless that she couldnt do anything. She ran her fingers anxiously through her hair. " Dont pull on it, its getting worse when you do that. And you do too need help. Maybe i should run to my sister's for help." She put a hand gently on Shikon's forehead and pushed his hair from his face.

She looked back At Isabella. " Her name is Rachel Mason. Shes a vigilante. I used to run with her before i joined Shikon. She has it in her head we run around murdering people and that i betrayed her."

more_horiz
Malzahar had been standing off to the side for awhile. he enjoyed listening. He gave a deep sigh, and walked over to the sofa Shikon was on. He smiled at Lakai, and turned to Shikon. "You are one stubborn bastard my friend. I can take care of the wood for you. It'll hurt don't doubt that, but I can do it. The choice is up to you, and to her as well since you two seem to be so close." He gestured to Lakai, and waited for a response.

more_horiz
Lakai scooted over to give Malzahar room. She didnt know who the man was but he seemed to know Shikon and care for him a great deal. " Please help him in any way you can. Ill help you in any way i can just tell me what to do." She went to the kitchen and returned with a bowl of warm water and cleaned some of the blood off of him. She offered Malzahar a bottle of water.

more_horiz
Malzahar smiled at Lakai. "don't worry he'll be fine." Malzahar pulled off some thread from his hood, and focused a needle of sand. He then took off his belt while Lakai was away and folded it over several times. "Open your mouth, and bite down on this. It's going to hurt, and I don't want you to break your teeth." Malzahar focused, and began his work. He sank tiny bits of sand in the wound around the wood. He started to rub the sand against the wood, and heard Shikon yelp and bite on the belt hard. He kept going at it. Slowly the wood began to rub away, and Malzahar separated his mind into two parts. One part to keep rubbing away the wood, the other part began to pull out the tiny bits of wood. "Lakai I need you to comfort him, do something so he doesn't move as much. Eve I need you to go get some more water. This is going better than expected."

Last edited by Malzahar Swift on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Eve had been watching the whole scene since Lakai took Shikon from her.
That girl was really stubborn no doubt.
And it was obvious that Shikon was badly injured.For God's shake!A wood was stuck in his leg and he said he was okay!

She watched as the sandman walk over to Shikon and she stared at him carefully.
She hadn't seen him before,but Shikon seemed to know him.
And as long as the sandman was helpful,they were good.
She oferred to help Shikon and Lakai agreed with that.She even wanted to help.

She saw the sandman do 'his job' with his sand,and she was on alarm if everything happened.She heard him say that he wanted her to bring him some water and she nodded."Sure man.I'll be back.",she said and disappeared into the kitchen.
She came back later with some more water,and placed it next to him.
"Take good care of him."

more_horiz
When Eve brought back the water Malzahar dipped some sand it. He kept removing pieces. The wood was getting smaller, but as he went Shikon started to bleed from where the flesh had already started to heal around the wood. This was where it got tricky for Malzahar. He divided his mind again and sent the damp sand around the wood and held the pressure to stop the bleeding. "Dammit dammit dammit. Somebody hold him down, he can't move or he could hurt himself far worse."

more_horiz
When Malzahar started Shikon was out of it. He was barely able to open his mouth to bite the belt. The world was so hot, and he didn't know why. Then he felt the sting Malzahar was talking about. He yelled with pain and bit down hard on the belt. Shikon felt the leather crack under his teeth. Shikon was in so much pain, it felt like there were little razors running against not onlt the wood, but the inside of his leg. He looked at Lakai, and closed his eyes. I don't want her to see me in this much pain he thought as he bit down harder on the belt. Shikon felt tears leak out the side of his eyes, and suddenly the tears just flowed. He started wriggle, and slightly thrash about. Shikon couldn't help it. The pain was excruciating. His arm fell off the side of the couch, and he looked at Lakai again, and tried his best smile. Another surge of pain went through his body, and he almost lost consciousnesses. He moaned in pain.

more_horiz
Lakai had moved onto the couch behind him and let him lay against her lap. It was going to be hard to watch but he had to get help or he could loose the leg. Or die. Which could be worse. She rested her head on his and held his arms firmly so he wouldnt struggle. For being a slimly built 15 year old she was surprisingly strong. She murmured sweet words to Shikon as Malzahar worked to distract him so he wouldnt pay attention. She knew he was in pain and he was struggling to hide it. She bit her lip to hold back her own whimper of pain. Shikon's skin was getting hotter and hotter and it was starting to hurt to hold him.

more_horiz
Shikon knew he was hurting himself, and Lakai a little. He couldn't help it. Shikon wasn't even sure where he was. All he could do was focus on Lakai's face, and sob. He hated for her to see him like this. "Malzahar whatever you are doing, do it faster!" Shikon whimpered as he spoke. He started to struggle more as the pain increased. Shikon bit down harder, and harder on the belt until he thought he had bit all the way through. Malzahar could...could be any slower? he thought to himself. Even his thoughts were jumbled form the pain. Another surge of pain coursed it's way around his body and he arched his back up, and screamed in agony. After the pain passed Shikon began to pant hard. This was agonizing to him, and he wasn't sure why. His vision blurred, he could only see Lakai's face for a moment. He tried to smile again, but it came out clumsy as another surge of pain went through his body.

more_horiz
Lakai refused to let go of him no matter how much it hurt her. " You are doing great shikon. just focus on my face and voice." She looked to Malzahar. " I thank you for everything you are doing but if you could speed things up i dont know if he will last much longer. Or if i will." The limits of her strength were being tested. She held him tighter when he started to struggle. She wished she could just bear his pain for him.

more_horiz
Eve watched both,Lakai and Shikon be in pain and she bit her lip.
She had to do something fast,or else Shikon could hurt Lakai worse,and Lakai could end up being burned as hell.
She walked over to them and touched both Lakai's and Shikon's arm.

"Lakai...keep calm and try make Shikon relax..",she told her and closed her eyes focusing on them.
One thing about being Pyrokinetic,was controlling body temperature.
She could feel them both burning,and she was surprised that Lakai had lasted that long in that kind of temperature.

"Hold still...stay calm...",she mumbled over and over again.She kept her eyes tightl closed,and staring feeling their temperature fall just a little.She clenched her teeth and continued,trying harder and harder,but this was taking too much of her.
She was sure that after this,she would faint.

more_horiz
"Shikon I've removed enough wood. This is going to gurt the worst, and I need you to be still." Malzahar focused and gripped the wood. He forced the sand to pull it out. For a moment the wood didn't budge, and then it gave way. He felt Shikion struggle some more, and he used some sand to hold his legs still. The wood was almost out, and Malzahar did it quick. He yanked the wood out, and it went flying across the room. Malzahar was tired, he'd never divided his mind, and used that much strength beofre. He become tired, and looked over at the three of them smiled, and sat down on the floor.

more_horiz
Shikon barely heard Malzahar, and all he could do was nod. He was in so much pain. I've been worse before, and yet this is the worst pain I've ever been in. he thought to himself as he braced for whatever Malzahar was about to do. Then he felt it, Malzahar was tugging on the wood, and Shikon began to hurt more and more. The wood seemed to be moving slowly, and taking an eternity to come out. After a moment though, as the wood was finally gone the most pain surged through his body. Without his control his hands erupted into flames, and sread up his arms. He couldn't control it, and he didn't even know he was doing it.

more_horiz
Eve was trying really hard to keep their temperatures normal,but Shikon was making everything harder and harder.
The Sandman was taking out more and more of the wood out of Shikon's leg,but that made him struggle and hurt too much.
That lead to make his temperature rise higher and higher.

Eve groaned as it took too much energy out of her.She watched as the Sandman took the wood out of Shikon's leg,making him lose control of his self.
His arms erupted into flames,going all the way up.His temperature was rising incredibly high.She had to take Lakai away from there before he burnt her to death.

She moved quickly and yanked her arm,making her fall down,away from Shikon.She knew that Lakai was going to hate afterwards,but she promised to protect her family.Even from themselves.
She pushed the Sandman further away,and then turned around.She grabbed both of his arms,and concentrated into him.
She felt the fire pass into her,and she let out a loud scream,feeling it burn her her a little.
Soon after,Shikon's arms weren't on fire anymore,and Eve collapsed on the floor,fighting with consciousness,but soon after,everything became dark.

more_horiz
Lakai had absorbed Shikon's power of Pyrokinesis but she had no idea how to control it besides some cheap tricks. She was trying hard to diffuse some of the heat but it was so hard. She was really starting to feel the burn. She barely had the strength to fight when Eve pulled her away. As soon as she was sure Shikon was alright she struggled to get up and ran to the kitchen where she turned the water on cold and plunged her arms into the icy water.

more_horiz
Shikon fought for the longest time to stay awake after the flames were gone. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he knew it couldn't be good. He sat up, and noticed Eve on the ground, and heard Lakai in the kitchen Malzahar was off to the side, his hood singed with smoke still coming off of it. Shikon looked around, and with a horrified expression stumbled to the door. He had hurt the very people who were trying to help him. He felt terrible about it especially since one of them was Lakai. Shikon finally made it to the door, and opened it. "I'm sorry everyone. I didn't mean for this to happen" Shikon walked through and shut the door behind him. He went and sat on the steps. He started to cry again. It was just like at the orphanage. He had lost control of his powers, and hurt people in the process, people that he loved and cared about. "Leave it to me to fuck up my own family"

more_horiz
After Shikon walked out the door Malzahar used some sand to kill the remaining smoke on his hood. He then lifted Eve onto the couch, and set her down gently. After he was sure everything was in order he walked to the door. I wonder if Eve and Lakai are going to be okay? he though to himself. He didn't know them, but Shikon cared for them, and that was enough for him. He walked out to the steps and saw Shikon there crying. "Leave it to me to fuck up my own family" Malzahar heard him say. Malzahar walked over behind him, and set his hand on his shoulder. "You have done nothing wrong, my friend. You couldn't help it. I know you feel bad for all that's happened, but you can't blame only yourself." Malzahar saw him about to interrupt, but he raised a hand to stop him. "Eve is fine, she is sleeping on the couch. Lakai on the other hand I'm not sure about. She took into the kitchen after the flames were gone. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself go check on her. Right now she needs you, and you aren't there. I suggest you get your ass in gear, and go check on her." Malzahar smiled at Shikon, and then walked back inside.

more_horiz
Shikon was so absorbed in himself he didn't even hear Malzahar before he touched his shoulder. Shikon wasn't sure what to do. He felt regret, and all he could do was feel sorry for what he'd done. "You have done nothing wrong, my friend. You couldn't help it. I know you feel bad for all that's happened, but you can't blame only yourself." He wanted to interrupt but Malzahar held up a hand to stop him. "Eve is fine, she is sleeping on the couch. Lakai on the other hand I'm not sure about. She took into the kitchen after the flames were gone. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself go check on her. Right now she needs you, and you aren't there. I suggest you get your ass in gear, and go check on her." Malzahar smiled at him then went inside. He...he's right. I need to check on Eve and Lakai. This is my fault, and I need to own up for it. he thought as he walked in the door. He saw Malzahar walk off somewhere. Then he saw Eve on the couch, and walked over to her. He knelt down next to her and lightly touched her arms. "I'm sorry" he said gently "This may not fix everything, but it's a start." Shikon focused for a moment, and healed her burns, and relieved a lot of her pain. He then walked into the kitchen, and saw Lakai standing there with her arms plunged into the sink with cold water running. He walked over to her, and gently set a hand on her shoulder, and turned her around. When he saw her face he kissed her. After a moment he hugged her and whispered "I'm so sorry I hurt you, and everyone else"

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum