X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

After Effects of the Trip

descriptionCompleteRe: After Effects of the Trip

more_horiz
Lakai kissed him back and gently wrapped her arms around his neck to hug him back. She was so relieved to see he was alright. She was scared there for a little bit. " Shhh we are just glad you are okay. We are all fine, really dont worry. Should you be up and around?" She stepped back to give his leg a look over. She didnt want him to injure himself anymore than what had happened already. She looked up at him guiltily. " Im sorry i was so bad at controlling fire... its my fault."

more_horiz
Shikon smiled at her. Even when he was down just being around Lakai made him feel better. When she was around the world was bright and sunny. "I'm fine. Malzahar stitched up my leg." He hugged her again. "I'm sorry I was so bad at controlling fire...it's my fault" he smiled at her even more. "You're wrong. It wasn't your fault. We aren't going to play the blame game. I'm just happy that I didn't hurt you worse. Can I see your arms?" Shikon wanted to know just how bad he had hurt her, and if he had hurt her as bad as he hurt Eve.

more_horiz
She felt a little better to know that Shikon was alright. She turned off the sink before it ran over and then held up her arms for Shikon. The burns werent too deep. She was able to control the heat for the most part. Her skin was just a little blistered. " Now dont go blaming yourself it doesnt hurt as bad as it looks im totally fine really." Her skin was still feeling pretty tender.

more_horiz
Shikon frowned, and looked up at her. "You and I both know you are terrible liar when you try to lie to me." He focused his mind deeply, and pulled the heat from the burns and blisters. It made him dizzy, and he felt a loss of balance, but he finished, and then smiled at Lakai. "There you should be all better now." Shikon suddenly lost all balance, and fell against the counter.

more_horiz
Lakai caught him as he fell against the counter. She ducked under his arm and put his arm over her shoulder so she could help support him. " I would have healed just fine you lovable idiot." She said as she helped him to one of the chairs at the table.

She went back to the sink and got him a glass of water. She was tired but not as tired as him. She plucked an orange from a bowl on the counter and set the orange and the glass of water in front of him. " We are a team. Dont go stretching yourself too thin. Id be lost without you." She tried to sound stern but most of it come out lovingly.

more_horiz
Shikon let Lakai support him, it was hard for him not to. He felt bad that she was carrying most of his 160 pounds. "I would have healed just fine you lovable idiot" she said as she set him down in a chair. "Yea well you know me." he smiled up at Lakai as she brought him a glass of water, and an orange. He grabbed the orange and peeled it when she said "We are a team. Don't go stretching yourself too thin. I'd be lost without you." He looked up at her and smiled. "And we all know that I'd be lost in the dark without you." He broke the orange in half, and gave one half to Lakai. "You need it more than I do."

more_horiz
Lakai smirked and took the half he offered her. " I can always get another one, but since you are so sweet." She peeled the orange into sections and ate each piece individually. It was the best tasting thing in the world. She didnt realize till now that she was starving. Of course they hadnt eatten since breakfast and god only knows how many calories they burned fighting today.

She wanted to get Shikon's mind off of the day. If she didnt then he would just sit there and stew in his guilt. She waited until he was putting a piece of orange in his mouth before she said anything. " So i was having lunch with my sister and i was holding Mackenzie and she was asking me how things were going." She stole a gulp of the water she brought Shikon. " And um she knows we share a bed but i told her we dont do anything like her and peter cause we arent idiots." She blurted the last part out quickly. That would distract him for a bit.

more_horiz
Shikon was putting a piece of orange in his mouth when Lakai said that. He nearly choked on it. Leave it to Loika he thought. He finished his orange, and took a long gulp of water. "Well I'll be damned. Of course we aren't idiots. We had a similar conversation the other day...So uh she kind of learned that from me. Sorry Lakai." Shikon felt his face turn bright red, and he looked down. I need to learn to keep my mouth closed

more_horiz
Lakai blushed bright red as well. She leaned in and wiped some water from his lip and chin with her thumb." My sister is a bit over protective and since shes had one child she seems to think shes everyone's mother. So dont worry about her." She smirked and munched on more of her orange. The look on Shikon's face had been pretty priceless.

more_horiz
Shikon laughed a little when Lakai's face turned red. It was cute. He smiled once she rubbed off the water."Yea believe me I know. She threatened me about protecting you the other day. I told her my promise to you, and then I swore to her that I would protect you, or die trying. She did however make it very clear...if you died cause of me not even the afterlife could protect me from her wrath." he chuckled a little at the thought of Lakai coming after his ghost.

more_horiz
Lakai was beat. She sat slouched in her chair and laughed when Shikon told her what her sister had said to him. " Wooow that sounds like Loika alright. I tried to tell her me and you are a team. That we protect eachother. I told her i love you alot." she blushed again and looked away. " Y-yea i know you wouldnt let anything bad happen to me. And i wouldnt let anything happen to you either."

more_horiz
Shikon smiled and laughed as well. " Wooow that sounds like Loika alright. I tried to tell her me and you are a team. That we protect eachother. I told her i love you alot." Shikon stood up, and walked over to Lakai, he sat in the chair next to her, and held her hands. "You, and I are a team. I'm glad you know that I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you. If came down to it though, I'd rather you live, and move on and be happy. If the need arose I would have someone drag you away, and stay behind. I love you that much Lakai. I would willingly give up my life if it meant saving yours. You're my princess, and I'm your knight in shining armor. When it all comes down to it the knight always gives his life to save his princess. There is no exception here either my love." When Shikon finished he kissed Lakai's hand. He meant every word he said. Shikon would never let Lakai get hurt or killed. Not so long as there was air in his lungs, blood in his body, and he could do anything at all. It was his promise to her.

more_horiz
Lakai held his hands against face. She and loika were naturally warmer blooded than the average person. His skin felt cool to her. She knew shikon and herself were in love with eachother but neither of them had actually said it out loud like this. It had always been assumed. " dont talk like that love. Im never leaving u behind anywhere. You just need rest. We both do. So come my knight let us retire to the royal bed chamber." she said smirking. She didnt like talking about death. It freaked her out.

more_horiz
Shikon enjoyed the warth Lakai had. He was always cold. Ironic huh? He could control his body temperature but he always felt cold still. He smiled at Lakai. She was the most amazing person in the world to him. He was determined to never let her go. "I'm all for a good nap. Please my dear lead the way." He smiled at her, and pulled Lakai in for a hug. When she was close enough he kissed her.

more_horiz
Lakai hugged him back and kissed him. "alright lets head to bed for a nice long nap. If you are good ill show you my tattoo." she had a tattoo on her side. It was a tribal tattoo of a wolf that started at her hip and wrapped up around her side. She took his hand and led him away with a grin.

Ooc: im done if you are shikon :)

more_horiz
OOC: I'm done as well. Any topic ideas?

more_horiz
OOC: I need to get better at fighting, and i want to learn to control fire better. Sparring match babe?

more_horiz
OOC: Sure you set it up the thread

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum