X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Clean Break ( pg13)

descriptionCompleteClean Break ( pg13)

more_horiz
Lakai sat curled up in the front seat of Rachel's car. She was trying to hide any hint that she was in pain but her arm felt excruciating. She cradled it against her chest. She bit her lip through a wave of pain before she looked over at Rachel. " You really dont gotta take me to Xaviers i feel fine. The best ever see?" She attempted to move her arm but whimpered in pain. " Why are you doing this? Why are you helping me?"

descriptionCompleteRe: Clean Break ( pg13)

more_horiz
Rachel had a lot on her mind. She was wondering what happened back there and who blew up that UPS truck. Of course, whoever was the assailant is probably already gone. In a back of her mind, Rachel heard Lakai talking. She turned to look at her. "You are not fine..." said Rachel. " Why are you doing this? Why are you helping me?" asked Lakai. Rachel turned to face the road. "Unlike the rest of our kind, I still have shred of kindness left in me, despite my past." said Rachel. She sighted and pressed harder on gas pedal. Deep inside of her, Rachel decided to leave her vigilante job behind. This city didn't need her, everything she was doing seemed to be in vain and all of her efforts seemed to go to waste. It was over. Say you are here and it's all over now.

more_horiz
Lakai shivered and she was a little pale. She was tough but she was experiencing some shock. She numbly picked a couple of pebbles out of her leg from the road with her good hand and let the pebbles fall to the floor of Rachel's car. She smiled weakly.... or grimaced. Whatever you wanted to call it. " Well shit if beating the hell out of eachother was the secret to getting along i would have kicked your ass a long time ago." She laughed lightly and laid her head back on the seat. Her head hurt and it didnt sound like too bad of an idea to sleep.

more_horiz
Rachel didn't respond to Lakai's last remark about kicking her ass to get along with her. Without realizing how fast she was going, Rachel had police following her with their sirens blaring. But she didn't car. "Put your seat belt on, we've got company," said Rachel as she looked at her rear view mirror. She was going to lose them. Pushing and pressing several buttons, the car spoke. "Invisibility is active." Rachel then flipped a tiny compartment and pressed a red button which boosted them faster then any other car. She had to get to Xavier institute.

more_horiz
Lakai buckled her seatbelt with her good hand and glanced over at Rachel again. " You could always just pull over and take the ticket ya know. This is only going to attract more attention." Lakai seemed too calm but it could have just been the injury to her head makng her that way. " You wont make it this way anyways. Theres a school ahead and they let out in 3 minutes."

more_horiz
"I could always take the ticket, but where's fun in that. Besides, I am not exactly on friendly terms with New York's finest," said Rachel as she continued speed down the road. She knew the cops weren't going to follow her for long, because she had invisibility on, but then again. They could if they saw her. She knew school was going to be let out in less time now. But she wasn't going to change her course. Nothing could make her, besides this was the fastest route to Xavier's.

Seeing school buses up ahead and kids running out of school, Rachel pressed harder on the gas, the car sped down even faster. Out of nowhere a kid runs in front of Rachel's car. She turned her car into a bike, as Lakai was sitting in a back now. Swerving out of kid's way, Rachel nearly threw Lakai off the bike, but she didn't. Once out of the harm's way Rachel pressed on. The police were forced to stop to let kids cross the road. Then, Rachel turned her bike back to car and turned around a corner.

more_horiz
Lakai gripped the back of the bike as tightly as she could when Rachel changed the car into a bike. It was alot of movement in a short amount of time. She looked a little sick when the car turned back into a car. " G-geeze Rachel you wanna warn me before you do that next time. Feelin a little motion sick over here." Lakai sat up in the seat and looked back to make sure the kids made it across safely. That was way too close.

more_horiz
"Sorry," said Rachel. "I had to beat the timer..." up ahead was Xavier's school. She will just drop her off and be on her way. Surely, the loving and caring staff of Xavier Institute will take care of Lakai. Besides, Rachel could not and did not want to stick around for too long. Too much attention. They all knew that she was a vigilante, but they didn't know she was ending her 'career'. Better leave it that way.

Rachel was fast approaching the school. The gates were closed and she was not going to wait for them to open them. Pressing hard on the gas, Rachel let out the last of her N2O as she ran through the gates, taking them off the hinges. Peter will fix it later, she knew it. Pulling up in front of the doorway, Rachel opened the doors to Lakai's side and walked out.

Carefully lifting her, Rachel walked to the front and busted through the doors as well. There was no way she was going to wait for someone to open the doors. Looking around, "I'll pay for the damage later." she said as she looked at Jason.

more_horiz
Lakai made a sound of protest and struggled when Rachel picked her up. " Geeze would you stop that! I can walk!" She got free of Rachel's arms and stood on her own two feet. She looked pretty beat up but she could at least stand. She looked around Xavier's anxiously. She hadnt been here in a long time and she didnt plan on coming back. She was pretty sure she wasnt welcome. She looked up at Jason almost in fear. " I-i can go to a hospital or something."

more_horiz
As Lakai wiggled free of Rachel she looked up and saw Jason standing at the doorway. Knowing him, he would never let her go to the hospital. Not when she was already at the doorsteps. Rachel also knew that Jason was going to question her, that is why she had to leave as soon as possible. She'd hate for him to see her the way she was. It wasn't right.

Still looking up at Jason, Rachel forced a fake smile. "Nice seeing you, Jason." she said as she turned and walked back to her car. "Take it easy Lakai." The place, the people, the surroundings brought memories to Rachel and she didn't want to be reminded. She had to leave. Turning her car into a bike once again, Rachel popped a wheelie and took off into the night. She will never again be seen wearing her outfit and a mask. Say you are here and its all over now.

more_horiz
Lakai looked from Jason to Rachel. She had this sinking feeling Rachel was going to leave her there. Her feeling was almost confirmed when Rachel said her goodbyes and left. The last time she saw Jason had to knock her out to keep her from killing Loika. If he holds grudges im so totally screwed. She thought to herself. She held her arm close to herself and backed away a few steps.

more_horiz
Jason looked up at people in front. The door has been kicked into the room and he knew it to be Rachel. Next to her stood Lakai...that was quiet unexpected. She looked worse than what he remembered her last time. Jason knew that it would be very akward, so he decided not to ask the questions of how she's been doing and where she has been. "You are not going to the hospital. What sort of questions do you think they'll be asking you?" asked Jason as he wrapped his arm around Lakai's shoulder and guided her into the building. Before he could ask Rachel where she was going, she was gone. "I guess she's in a hurry somewhere." said Jason to no one in particular.

more_horiz
Lakai stiffened a little when Jason put his arm around her. Was he going to call the police on her? Interrogate her here? Make her pay for what she did to Loika in Russia? She already felt bad about what she did. " If i went to a hospital id just tell them i fell off my bike i guess." She mumbled. The concussion was making her head look like hell and the road rash along her side was stinging. She arm was really starting to swell now where it was broken. " Or shes just crazy. everyone seems to be crazy today and acting differ-"

She stopped mid sentence and walking for a few seconds. It was like a blinding pain in her skull. She swallowed back the urge to puke and looked up at jason, forcing a smile on her lips that was obviously fake. " I'll be fine, i just need to sleep it off."

more_horiz
Jason led Lakai into a medical bay of the school. He didn't want her to go to hospital because she would suffer more pain, and she might not even make it with her broken bones. Once he entered the room, he helped Loika to lie down on the bed. It wasn't going to be pretty, but must be done. Walking over to the sink, Jason rolled sleeves of his shirt and turned water on. "Rachel is far from crazy. I sense she's in a internal conflict with herself over something." said Jason as he washed his hands with soap. Sticking his hands under water again, Jason rinsed them and then air dried them, shaking off excess water. He turned to look at Lakai. "I won't sugar coat it, it's going to hurt. But I am guessing you'd rather experience few minutes of pain than walk around like that."

more_horiz
" Nope. Shes crazy. I attacked her today and forced her into a fight and we somehow ended up with a truce. Then she brings me here. With you people." She was trying to put up a tough front but she was in a word of pain. Her head was throbbing and it felt like her brain was going to explode.

She slowly sat up and took a pack of cigarettes out of her pocket and lit one. She silently smoked it and watched Mr Andrews wash his hands. " Im already in pain. Dammit what i wouldnt give for some of Loika's healing power. And no it wont work to absorb hers. Ive tried it before. I get nothing. Prolly cause we are related or something i dont know." She grimaced and let out a breath of smoke.

more_horiz
Huh. I've never been here before. Oh well. When someone relayed to Shikon that Lakai had gotten into a fight with Rachel he stormed out of the Brotherhood house, and ran to where the action took place. Only when he arrived the fighting was already over, Shikon hated to admit it, but for once he had to go to the X-Men. He walked up to the doors, and kicked them open. "Alright X-Men. Where is she. I know you guys have her here. If any of you have hurt her I swear I'll tear this place down!" Shikon wasn't really shouting to anyone in particular, but he was worried about Lakai since he knew she didn't have the greatest past with them. He only hoped that his intimidation factor worked.

more_horiz
Jeff who was walking downstairs with his hands in his dark blue jeans. When he got downstairs he saw Shikon. He Walk to him and said to him" So Shikon what you doing at my place, oh that right you looking for Loika right becouse Lakai is hurting?,Or you are just here to get a beatdown from the werewolf. He took out his Left and right hands and form them into fists.

Then he say" If you going to hurt my Family, you going to have to take me out, and the last time we fought I beat you up, but i have respect of your style of fighting style.

more_horiz
Shikon saw Jeff, and barely heard the words. "Jeff I don't have the time to quarrel with you! I need to find Lakai. Take me to her." He didn't have time to waste with Jeff. He was worried about Lakai, and had no clue where, or who she was with. Anything could be going on. "Jeff if you have any pride, any feeling of righteousness then you will take me to Lakai."

more_horiz
Jeff Nod his head, then said to Shikon" very well then, i will take you to see your girlfriend, she is at the Bay that we have in the school. He offer to take him to the bay to see his girlfriend. He said to Shikon" We got that part out of the way,so let us head to the bay to see how is she doing ok?"

more_horiz
Shikon settled down a little now that he knew where Lakai was. Still he had no clue how to get there. He needed Jeff's help for a little longer. Shikon lowered his shoulders, and held out a hand. "Please Jeff show me where to go. I need to make sure Lakai is okay. She means a lot to me, and I swore to Loika I would protect her."

more_horiz
Lakai was sitting on the edge of the bed in the medical bay that Mr Andrews instructed she sit on. She was finishing her cigarette when she smelled Shikon's scent. She tipped her head. " Oiy he knows im here. Hes not going to be happy." she thought to herself. She lifted her foot enough to put her cigarette out on the bottom of her shoe. She looked up lazily at Jason. She was starting to feel lightheaded from the concussion. " Heads up. My boyfriend is here and i dont think he is happy, if i know him like i think i do."

more_horiz
Jason turned to the sound of someone shouting. He knew it didn't sound like anyone he knew. Or any students presently accounted for. Jason was about to put on apron as he decided to go check it out. Walking upstairs, Jason knew that he was going to be faced with a crazy person. "Wait here, I'll be right back." told Jason to Lakai as he went up the stairs.

Once Jason reached the top stairs he looked at a young man. Entering his mind wasn't a problem, it was the fact that his thoughts were focused on Lakai. He looked at him and then at the busted door. "I know who you are looking for, and yes she is here." said Jason, taking note of Jeff's presence in a room. "If you calm down I will take you to see her." said Jason.

He wasn't going to tell him Lakai has been injured, she can tell him that story herself. Jason would hate to have to hurt this man in order to subdue him and his anger.

more_horiz
Jeff nod his head once more. He look up from the stairs it was the headmaster himself. After that he turn his head back to shikon and shake his hand.Jeff said to him" Well what are we waiting for, let us head to the bay so Lakai can be happy to see you here."

more_horiz
When Shikon saw the man come up the stairs he felt a twinge in his mind. Where is Lakai. I need to find her. If any of these X-Men hurt her I'll burn this place to the ground, and make sure they all pay. His thoughts were deeply focused on Lakai. He barely heard the man speak. Shikon breathed in deeply, and calmed his body. When Jeff took his hand he was already heading to the stairs. He looked over at the mysterious man, and spoke. "Seeing as I felt you enter my mind then you already know. Lead on" Shikon glared at the man. I don't know who he is, but I have to trust Jeff, and this man in order to find Lakai. Please whatever god there is let her be okay he thought to himself.

more_horiz
Lakai was curled up on the bed in the medical bay. She was having a hard time staying concious and sleep sounded like an amazing idea. Along her side was some pretty bad road rash from where she slid across the road. Her clothes were a little torn up as well. Her arm was also bent at an akward angle and was really starting to swell.

When she heard the men coming she lifted her head a little to try and see who it was. She could smell jason and Shikon. She only hoped Shikon wouldnt loose it when he saw her. He tended to be like that with her. Very protective.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum