X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Clean Break ( pg13)

descriptionCompleteRe: Clean Break ( pg13)

more_horiz
Shikon wasn't the first one around the stairs it was the mysterious man, it was as if he was trying to hide something. Shikon's instincts kicked into gear, and become ready to strike given a moments notice. As he walked into the room he noticed the figure huddled up on the bed. "Lakai!" Shikon shouted her name and ran over to her. He saw tattered clothing, the road rash on her side, and her arm. Shikon felt the adrenaline pumping. His eyes changed to the light ice blue they always did when he was angry or extremely serious. He wasn't sure why, but Lakai was hurt, and he was going to get his answers one way or another. He turned away from the table, and his arms lit up. The heat was intense, and Shikon wanted answers, and he wanted them now. "Who did this? Why would they do this. Someone answer me now!" Shikon was being fueled by his fury.

more_horiz
Lakai gingerly sat up and reached out with her good hand and stroked his cheek."baby shhh its okay. It was my fault. I challenged rachel to a fight. We ended at a truce but i got hit by a delivery truck." she was in so much pain and she was struggling to hide it. She felt more at ease with shikon here now. As long as she could calm him down it would be alright.

more_horiz
Jason followed behind Shikon. I hope he knows where he is at. Walking up to the sink once again, Jason washed his hands and rinsed them, putting on gloves as they made snapping sound. "This is touching and everything. But if nothing's done about Lakai's condition, you'll be holding cold and lifeless body. So, please let me work." said Jason as he rolled up a hanger-like device with a bag of liquid in it. It was just a relaxant. Nothing more and nothing less. He inserted a needle at the other end of the cable that ran down from the bag. Then, he wiped Lakai's arm and injected her with a needle. "Try not to move too much."

Next, Jason had to prepare the rags to clean out Lakai's wounds. Hopefully it wasn't going to hurt as much when relaxant kicks in.

more_horiz
Lakai tried to hold still when he injected the needle. She didnt mind them. She had a tattoo and she had gotten plenty of piercings before. She sat there quietly staring at him while he worked. He seemed to know what he was doing. Did he have a medical degree or something? As she watched him work her eyes were getting heavier. " im just going to lay down for a sec-" she started to slump over as the medicine started to take effect.

more_horiz
Shikon smiled to hear Lakai talk. At least she's not as bad as I thought. He turned to face the man. Deep down Shikon knew his name, it took longer than he knew it should have. "Jason. You've seen my thoughts. We both know I can easily hurt people. I will only warn you once. I am putting trust in you, not because I do trust you, but because Lakai trusts you, and she needs the help. If you do anything other than that I will not hesitate to remove Lakai from the room, and attempt to hurt you. I don't need you to say anything, I just want you to understand. I swore to both Lakai and her sister I'd protect. That even means from you if need be." Shikon spoke while Jason went to helping Lakai. Shikon was tired now that the adrenaline was fading a little. Still he kept his eyes on Jason, and everything in the room. He stood next to Lakai and her hand on her good arm.

more_horiz
Before Jason could clean out the wounds, he had to see them first. Looking at Shikon, Jason took scissors and cut off pieces of Lakai's clothes, so that he had easier access to the wounds. Then, he dropped the rags in the metallic bin next to him. Now he can clean out the wounds. "If you are taking me for a fool, stop right there." said Jason as he was working and preparing the rags. He made them wet so that he could clean up dried up and fresh blood . Taking a seat next to the girl, Jason carefully begun to apply wet rag to the wounds as he moved from the top to bottom.

"This is Xavier institute...Mr. Ookami. If I wanted to hurt Lakai, I'd leave her at the door steps to bleed out. But I didn't, did I? Do you still take me for a fool?" said Jason. As Jason was cleaning up the wounds, more fresh blood kept on oozing out and he had to do something about it. After working on her bleeding wound, it would still not stop and Jason couldn't do two things at once. "Would you kindly assist me?" asked Jason as he looked up at Shikon. He gave him the rags as he scooted to the side for Shikon. "I need you to keep applying pressure to the wounds as I will try to stitch them together."

more_horiz
Shikon glared over at Jason. Shikon hated being talked down to, but Lakai needed the help so he would put up with it for now. When Jason asked for help Shikon would never refuse. He loved Lakai, and obviously Jason knew that. "Sure I can do that" Shikon grabbed the rag from Jason, and continued to apply enough pressure to staunch the bleeding.

more_horiz
lakai felt foggy and dazed like she was in a dream. She kept having funny dreams. The pain was barely even there anymore. Whatever medicine Mr Andrews gave her it must have been working. She dopily opened her eyes and looked at shikon. She gave shikon a small smile. " Hey... WHyyyy so serious? lets put a smile on that face." She mumbled and laid her head on shikon this time.

more_horiz
As the rags left Jason's hands, he had to work quickly. Walking up to a cabinet, Jason pulled it open and took out little box that would remind one of sawing kit. But it was not the same kind. He pulled out a needle., also called surgical suture. The needle was bent on the front so ti would be easier to pull out on the other side. He carefully pulled out the thread and ran it through the eye of the needle. He then turned to Shkon and slightly squatted in front of Lakai's wound. Carefully grabbing Lakai's tissue, Jason begun to insert needle through one side and pulling it out through the other.

He had to work carefully and fast so as not to make the bleeding worse. It was very rarely when Jason had to take up the role of surgeon. But whenever he did, he was careful. Working carefully, Jason was half way through work. He then, made a small knot at the end and cut the thread. It was going to take about seven to ten days for Lakai to heal. Unless of coure, by some miracle she acquires healing abilities than she won't have to wait that long.

On top of the stitches, Jason wrapped a bandages, so that it made sure the stitches stayed together. And the stitches won't freak anyone out. Not that Jason would be grossed out by them. He has done this several times and it didn't' bother him a bit. Standing up and walking over to the metallic bin, Jason dropped the bloody tools in there to be washed later. "Make sure, Laika doesn't get up or stretches too much. We wouldn't want the stiches to come apart before the healing begins." said Jason as he prepared to set Lakai's bones together. "So, if you don't mind me asking. How did you meet Lakai?"

more_horiz
Once Jason finished Lakai raised her head and set it Shikon's arms. Wel at least she didn't feel it he thought to himself. When Jason asked him how he met Lakai it took him a moment to remember that far back. "Well I originally met Lakai when she was teamed up with Rachel. Twice we fought each other, and twice she let me live when she could have killed me. The second time though, she ended up leaving Rachel's side, and joining mine. We were in the middle of taking from the rich to give to the poor. Well the police were about to burst in, and I took Lakai with me through a secret entrance I knew. While we were down in the tunnels I admit to it...I fell in love with her right then, and there. I didn't know it then, but she liked me. Well I kept just trying my hardest to impress her, and one day we ended up kissing, and that was all it took." Shikon realized that he had been staring at Lakai the whole time he was talking.

more_horiz
Jason carefully listened to Shikon's story as he diligently worked. He was starting to set Lakai's bones back to her body where it belonged. Lakai used to be friends with Rachel? Well that's surprising. But then again, half the students here don't tell Jason or any other staff what their true intentions are. Jason thought about it, he wouldn't have either if he knew they were going to try and stop him.

Her arm indeed looked way out of place as it should be. But hopefully it was fixable and Jason could help her, which he would. Walking back to Lakai, Jason measured her arm so that he could make a cast exact her size. Too big and it won't stay in place, too small and the cast won't work properly. Jason started to open cabinets, looking for supplies that will be used to make a cast. Finally he found it.

"So, how did you hear about Lakai being here?" asked Jason, curiously. "I mean, surely Rachel didn't phone you and told you she was bringing her here."

more_horiz
Shikon turned and watched as Jason went looking through cabinets and such in order to find something. After a few moments Jason found what he was looking for. Shikon turned and looked at Lakai when Jason asked him the question. Shikon took off his jacket revealing the dark burned dragon scar in his skin. "When you see this mark it means that they are a part of my family. I take care of people that have been rejected, who have special powers that their parents hate, I take care of those who are orphaned and have no where to go. I make sure everyone gets what they need. Maybe that's one reason Lakai fell in love with me. Anyway, I have people keeping tabs all over the city, and just about anywhere else I need. They are always hidden, and almost always hide the scar for fear of persecution. Some go and get the scar filled in at a tattoo shop once it heals. So that's how I knew, people tell me because a lot of people belong to my family." Shikon smiled at Jason, he seemed like a good person.

more_horiz
ason placed an arm holder under Lakai's broken arm, which will support
her arm and keep it in place. Then, he begun to mix items together to
make a cast. First it was plaster and then he followed with fiber which
will make a cast more like a concrete He begun to apply all that stuff
all around Lakai's arm. She wouldn't be able to move her arm as long as
the cast was in a place. After working for an hour putting on the cast,
Jason was finished. He didn't think it would take that long, but it did.

At the same time, Shikon was finished with his story. "...I take care of people that have been rejected, who
have special powers that their parents hate, I take care of those who
are orphaned and have no where to go."
spoke Shikon.

"There
is always Xavier Institute they can go to. They will never be rejected
here. When Charles Xavier built this place it was his main goal to help
youngsters to control their gifts." said Jason as he walked over to the
sink and turned on the faucet, washing his hands of the cast material.
"So, do you like to think of yourself as a leader type?"

more_horiz
Shikon watched Jason wash his hands clean, and at the question Shikon sort of shrugged. "I never thought I was the leader. They merely chose me. It all started a few years ago. There was a building on fire, and something told me that someone was in there. I went in to check it out. Sure enough there was a kid who was eight years old sitting in the corner. He was so scared. I just walked over to him and pulled him out. I asked him why he didn't leave, and he told me the world was better off without him. I of course asked him why he said that and he said that no one wanted him. I pulled him into a hug, and started to cry constantly saying I want you and you can come with me. He came with me and left one day. Then a few days later more people came with him. He was going around telling all the people who felt the same way he had and told them to come to me. I never thought I'd be the leader, but they all looked up to me. So I became the leader to save them."

more_horiz
Jason realized he begun washing his hands with gloves still attached to his hands. He pulled them off as they made a rubbery snapping sound and threw them in a trash can not far from the sink in a corner. They were bloody and probably full of germs. He listened to Shikon as he really started to wash his hands. Taking off his apron and putting his bloody basin into the sink, Jason started washing them all properly. Afterwards, he placed the tools in organized order back in the drawers and cabinets. He never thought he'd have to use any of those tools but he did and so he had to put them back.

Jason stopped at Lakai's bed and unplugged her from the hangar-like and pulled the needle out carefully. Then he placed a Spongebob band aid on the spot where needle was. He knew the band aid was for kids, but he hopped to at least make her smile when she saw it. "Make sure, Lakai doesn't move too much and doesn't make any sudden movements which will make her stitches come undone. You can stay here with her as long as you'd like." said Jason. "I need to go and take care more pressing issues at hand in my office. If you need anything, holler down to me and I'll come to help." said Jason. With that, he left the Medical Bay with Shikon and Loika there.

more_horiz
Shikon smiled as Jason left the room. Jason is all right. I'd help him in a minute if he needed it. he thought as he slowly lifted Lakai off his arm. Shikon's left arm had fallen asleep since Lakai had been laying on it so long. Shikon let Lakai lay there and sleep, she deserved it after this hell. He went over and grabbed a chair. Shikon sat down in it and leaned it back on two legs. "Lakai I'm glad I met you. I'm glad you are mine. I'm glad that you love me back. All in all I'm glad you are you. Go ahead and sleep for as long as you'd like. I'll be here to keep watch, and I'll be here when you wake up." Shikon smiled at Lakai and waited for her to wake up.

more_horiz
Lakai felt dopey and dazed. The lsst thing she remembered was rachel putting her in her car. She woke up and stared blankly at jason. What was he doing here? Was she at xaviers? She didnt remember coming here. Did rachel bring her here? She looked up at shikon. She tried to move to stroke his cheek but she moved clumbsily as she was still feeling dopey from the medicine jason gave her.

more_horiz
Jeff saw what going on during when they was healing Laika. He thought to himself" Hm, Shikon is very happy with Laika and Laika is happy with Shikon" He saw all of the happyness in the room so he left. But before he left, he look at his hand and said in a sad tone" Emily,Snowbunny where are you i do care for you,i don't want no one to hurt you." He put his hands in his black jeans and walk out.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum