X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Lets fight (R)

descriptionLets fight (R) EmptyLets fight (R)

more_horiz
Lakai's fighting skills were good but they werent perfect. She had convinced Shikon to work with her on sparring. She wanted to learn to fight better and she wanted to learn how to control fire.

That was why she got up while Shikon was sleeping, put on an outfit she usually worked out in, and went to the training area. No use in getting him up. He would be down soon enough. She worked on some yoga while she waited.

descriptionLets fight (R) EmptyRe: Lets fight (R)

more_horiz
After Lakai snuck away he woke up. So she's gonna get a head start on training eh? Shikon thought to himself. "Well guess I better get up as well." He got up, and tossed on a shirt, and silently walked down some stairs. Lakai wasn't looking or paying attention, she was busy with yoga. Shikon saw this as the perfect time to teach a valuable lesson. Always be prepared. He snuck up behind Lakai as quietly as he could.

more_horiz
Lakai was relaxing in a more difficult yoga pose . If felt good to stretch. She was letting her other senses reach out to the world around her. She listened to the smallest sounds. A mouse scratching around somewhere, the wind blowing a leaf somewhere outside, even her own breathing. She concentrated on smell. She inhaled deeply and separated out each scent to recognize what it was. She was recognizing scents when she smiled. The entire time her eyes were and remained closed. " Finally decided to get out of bed babe? I smelled you coming so no reason to sneak up on me." She remained in pose as if she didnt care weither he attacked or not.

more_horiz
Shikon almost laughed when Lakai spoke. Shikon spoke softly as not to give away his position. "Yea babe I can't sleep forever. The real question is do you smell me or do you smell all the clothes I've spread out around the room?" It was an honest question seeing as for some reason there a ton of his clothes down stairs. After a moment he was standing in front of Lakai.

more_horiz
Lakai hesitated. She smelled again and realized he was right. Damn he was good. She concentrated on the smells themselves. She realized after a few minutes that scents changed. She could tell the difference between older scents and newer ones. Shikon's scent he was giving off now was fresh like laundry from the dryer.

Lakai slowly lowered her feet to the floor and stood up straight. She was more flexible than she let on. She cocked her head to the side and smiled flirtaciously. she leaned in to kiss him and right as her lips brushed against his she smirked again and said, " Alright teacher, teach me. lets fight."

more_horiz
Shikon's face turned red when she tricked him with a fake kiss. I'm glad her eyes are closed he thought to himself. "If you wanna learn to fight I suggest you open your eyes first. Hard to fight what you can't see. We'll start with basic fire control. You ready babe?" Shikon held out his hand for her to absorb some of his power. "I'm ready when you are beautiful." Shikon smirked

more_horiz
Lakai reached up and touched his face gently, stroking his cheek before giving him an actual kiss this time. She opened her eyes and grinned at Shikon. Now that she had him slightly distracted she had a little advantage. She nodded. " Alright. Im ready. Lets do this."

more_horiz
Shikon was distracted for a moment after the kiss. A kiss from Lakai was...intoxicating for Shikon. He didn't know why, but he just fell to pieces for a moment when Lakai kissed him. "Way to find my weakness babe. Lesson one though" Shikon took a small hop back then continued speaking "Is learning to control the temperature around you. You have it pretty much mastered seeing as you can create a fireball. I can do this however." Shikon pointed a finger at Lakai, and focusing his thoughts, willed the air around Lakai to grow a few degrees hotter.

more_horiz
Lakai stood still when he pointed at her. For a second she thought he was going to start an attack. Instead she felt the air warm around her. She raised her hands palm up and closed her eyes in concentration. She focused on the warm air around her. She focused all the way down to the molecules of moisture in the air. She worked on dropping the temperature. She was clumbsy at it though and dropped it too low. Her skin started to goosebump a little and she lost concentration. " DAMMAT!" She growled and a small spark of fire shot from her palm.

more_horiz
Shikon watches Lakai start to focus. Then she messed up, Shikon could feel it. The air around her dropped more than he had raised it. "Baby think of it this way. Don't force the temperature to lower or rise, think of the temperature you want it be. Feel the way it should feel, and the powers will respond accordingly. Lets move on." Shikon closed his eyes a moment, and a ball of fire built up in his hand. He looked at it, and raised his other hand above it. The ball of fire grew until it was the size of a softball. "Remember that trick you did the other day? Playing with a ball of fire. Well the same principle applies here. Only we are going to pass it back and forth. You will need to catch it, and throw it back at me as hard as you can. Only each time you throw it I want you to make it hotter than it was before." Shikon started to toss the ball up and down in his hand. "You ready babe?"

more_horiz
Lakai nodded and reached out to touch him again. She could feel the heat from the fireball. She wanted to make sure the power borrowing didnt wear off. She then took a few steps back and got into a fighting stance. She wanted to be ready. She was sure this part would be easier for her. " Alright babe, lets do this." She had a fiesty grin on her face as she watched the fireball rise and fall.

more_horiz
For a moment when Lakai was ready Shikon was having second thoughts. He then pushed those thoughts away. I'm not gonna start off throwing it my hardest. This is so she can get better not die he thought to himself. Shikon smiled at Lakai, took a deep breath, and then threw the ball of fire. The area where it was left his hand feeling ten times colder than when it had been there.

more_horiz
Lakai could see the hesitation on his face but he had to be ready to do this. She had to be able to handle herself. What if Shikon left this world? Lakai had to be ready. She kept her eyes on the fireball as it flew to her. It was beautiful. She caught the flame and it was a little stronger than she expected.

She clumbsily took a few steps back and then put all of her energy into fireball to heat it up more. She poured more energy into it to throw it back at him. The little trick she did with the fireballs before were easier because they were small and she wasnt trying to throw them.

more_horiz
As Lakai stumbled back Shikon grew a little worried. Maybe that was too much. Maybe I should have held back. he thought. Shikon saw Lakai recover, and focus for a moment then the fire came flying back to him. It wasn't quite as fast, but fast enough. Shikon braced his hand, and caught the ball in his hand. He smiled at Lakai, and focused again. He added just a bit more heat to it. "This one is going to come at you far faster. Be ready." As Shikon threw it his instincts kicked in. They were telling him something wasn't right, and he trusted his instincts. He reached out to the fire, and focusing his thoughts, shrunk it down until it was completely nothing but a wall of moving heat that couldn't do anything but make someone feel a little warmer.

more_horiz
Lakai looked at him with an irritated look. She felt like he was treating her like a child. She was handling the flame just fine. She let out a frustrated sound and and opened her palms face out. When the wall of heat hit her she raised her palms and set it on fire. Her eyebrows furrowed in frustration and she formed the fire into a whip shape.

more_horiz
Shikon saw the look of irritation on Lakai's face. He didn't feel bad. Trusting his instincts was what had kept him, Malzahar, and Jemson alive all these years. Shikon never went against his instincts unless he knew absolutely that they were wrong. Shikon was just about to apologize when Lakai formed the whip from the heat. Shikon became impressed. "Wow babe, that's a new trick. I've never seen anyone do that before."

more_horiz
Lakai's anger at being treated like a child was what was fueling her ability to form the whip. It was taking all of her energy and concentration to keep the whip formed and in control. She was starting to sweat from the effort. " Oh cmon now, you are treating me like a kid." she said.

She did a one handed cartwheel to get closer him and immediately cracked the flame whip. It came within inches of hitting him. On the recoil however it came back and snapped across her bare thigh. She danced backwards a couple of steps and lost the whip as it fizzled out of exsistence. She held her hand over the burn across her thigh and cussed profusely. She wasnt too badly hurt except for maybe her pride. She had gotten cocky.

more_horiz
Shikon smiled as Lakai complained. She was doing exactly what she shouldn't without a few years of control. She was letting her emotions control the fire. Shikon smiled even more when the whip came inches from his face. As hot as his senses told him the whip was he didn't even feel the heat. His smile faltered into a frown when the whip hit Lakai. No she needs to learn that lesson. I'll fix it after we finish he thought to himself. Shikon walked forward a few steps. "Babe you faltered when you let your pride, and emotions get in the way. I know I do it a lot, but I try not to, and I have more control. If you want to form your fire you need to concentrate and let your body and powers do the rest. Watch."

Shikon closed his eyes, and reopened them. His pupils shrank, and eyes turned a lighter blue. Shikon's focus was deep. He was focusing his power to obey his whim. In a few seconds I sword three feet long appeared in his hand, it took shape, and then became a solid figure of flames. Once more Shikon focused his powers, and in an instant held the same whip Lakai had held moments ago.

more_horiz
Lakai nodded and stood up straight again. She wiped the sweat from her forehead with the back of her hand. Her hair was wet with sweat as well but she wasnt a quitter. She was here to train. Her mix-matched eyes of one blue and one green were almost glowing with energy. She closed her eyes and took a few breaths to get herself concentrated.

When she opened her eyes she was calmer. She let out her hand and focused her energy again. It was a small spark of a flame at first then it slowly grew to a whip again. It would flicker every so often but she was able to keep shape. She let out a victorious laugh "i-i did it! Shikon i did it!"

more_horiz
Shikon smiled broadly at Lakai. "There you go babe. You've all ready came so far." Shikon let the fiery weapons fade away. Shikon was proud of Lakai. She was sticking with the training even though it was rough. Shikon went to plant his feet, and the pain hit him. Shikon fell to the floor. Where the wood had been just a few days ago there was a scar, and when Shikon exerted his body too much, or stood too long pain would surge through his body.

After a moment the pain was gone. The pain was so intense Shikon realized he had been breathless. He slowly started to gasp for breath, and after another few moments was breathing normally once more. Damn Rachel he thought to himself. Shikon could barely move.

more_horiz
Lakai let the whip fizzle and die out as she ran to Shikon. She had been concentrating so hard on what she was doing she didnt realize how much of a toll the training was taking on Shikon. She rushed to his side and put his head on her lap. She could see the pain on his face. She spoke soothingly to him and ran her fingers through his hair to get him through the pain. " Shikon, are you alright? Is there anything i can do?"

more_horiz
Shikon hated how Lakai had to see him like this. He slowly picked himself up. He grimaced through the pain that coursed through his body. Shikon breathed deeply, and focused on Lakai, and his breathing. After a moment he smiled at Lakai. "No worries Lakai. You know me. I don't get knocked down that easy. Let's get back to training. I still have much to teach you."

Shikon planted his feet, and breathed the pain away. One day Rachel will pay. This pain is nothing compared to the pain my pride is in now that Lakai has seen how weak I am. Rachel will pay. he thought to himself as he brought he lit his hands on fire.

more_horiz
Lakai stood back up and went back to her original position. She smirked at Shikon and got into her fighting stance. " Looks like we both have some pride issues. We are a perfect pair." She concentrated on her hands again and roughly formed the fire whip from before.

more_horiz
Shikon smiled back Lakai's smirk. "My pride is all I have other than you babe." He lit his hands on fire. "Lets see how effective you are with your new toy." Shikon smirked, and dashed towards Lakai. As Shikon closed the distance, which there wasn't much of, he leaned back, and slid to the right. Shikon went as far behind Lakai as he could without hitting the wall.

more_horiz
Lakai saw Shikon run at her and she braced for the attack. At the last moment he dashed to the side. She spun around to face him and twirled the flame whip as she spun around. She stayed in a defensive stance trying to size up what his game plan was.

She decided to attack first and let the whip fizzle out of existence. She did a roundoff back handspring to eliminate the space between them. As she landed she whipped her arm out to the side and the flame whip reappeared. She snapped it at his head and feet in a couple of quick attacks.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum