X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Murphey's Law of Averages (pg-13)

descriptionCompleteMurphey's Law of Averages (pg-13)

more_horiz
Kas didn't wait for Loika to follow him to the car. After giving Eve a peck on the lips and a quiet apology, he nodded at her choice to take the bike, then took a shortcut off the balcony and went to move the Supra, to idle at the front doors.

Even from the driver's seat, he could hear little Mackenzie still fussing. The baby had to be miserable, unable to sleep. Just because he hadn't been very near one, didn't mean Kas hadn't read up on infants. A persistent high fever wasn't something thier tiny bodies could handle well.

"hah.. this has to be one of the most interesting nights of my life. And there isn't even anyone shooting at me..!"
He made a sardonic remark to no one in particular, waiting for Loika to get in.
Forget trying to wrangle a car-seat. He only crashed a car if he wanted to.

Last edited by Kelly Andre Sharp on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: Murphey's Law of Averages (pg-13)

more_horiz
Loika had left the carseat upstairs in Lakai's room. She ran to the car in her pajama pants and oversized t-shirt. Peter's hoodie she had been wearing was wrapped around Mackenzie. she hopped into the front seat while still holding the fussing infant against her chest. " I- eh could live without excitement." She said and kissed the infant's forehead. She had only been sick twice in her live. When she first recieved her powers and when she was pregnant. Even with her own high temp she could feel Mackenzie's fever.

She pulled out her phone while Kas drove and dialed Peter's number. She left a message on his phone. " Peter i know i said i was sleeping over with Eve but im heading to the hospital. Mackenzie is burning up and i dont know whats wrong with her. Please call me back." She hung up the phone and jammed it back into the pocket of her pajama pants.

more_horiz
Mackenzie squeeled and cried in mommy's arms. Mackenzie was so hot it felt like her skin was on fire. Why didnt mommy make it better. Mommy always made everything better. Whenever Mackenzie needed something all she had to do was cry and mommy fixed it. She could hear talking around her but it was hard to understand. It sounded all funny. Not like usual. Normal talking was mixing with people's thoughts. It was making her head hurt which only make her want to cry louder. Mommy needed to know she didnt feel good. She reached out and touched mommy's face to share with her what she was feeling.

more_horiz
The baby crying louder made Kas start rubbing his forehead. The headache from before was still hanging on, and the noise didn't do much to help. Kas started up the car once Loika was done with her call, and headed out of the driveway. He was a little disappointed Eve decided to take her bike, but couldn't blame her for wanting the time to herself right now.

They drove away from the Mansion, and toward the main road that would take them almost directly to the hospital. Kas stepped on the gas, and concentrated on the slipstream around the car, giving it downforce and reducing the drag on the front, making them stick to the road and go faster. It may have seemed like a reckless amount of speed, but the car was crusing along gently, weaving through traffic with ease.

"You think we're moving too fast?"
No, Kas wasn't talking about the vehicle..
Something in his gut was almost thankful things between him and Eve were interrupted when they were, as horrible as it sounded. He didn't know why.

more_horiz
Loika was trying to sooth the crying infant in her arms. She rocked her gently in her arms as she hummed " baby of mine". The infant just clung to her tighter. She looked over at Kas after he spoke to her. " As long as we get there quickly and safely its fine. Im.. a little scared Kas. Ive never been a mom before and ive never been around babies. I have no idea what im doing." There was a hint of panic rising in her voice.

more_horiz
Shoot, aaand miss.
Kas nodded, understanding Loika's sentiment somewhat.
"I think you're doing a fine job. You've got instincts to tell you what to do."
A mom, even first-time, had a special kind of attachement. Their child was always a part of them.
"We'll be there soon. Could try putting the windows down to cool her off?"
It was a basic suggestion, since he didn't really know how else to help.
Kas was still keeping an eye out for Eve while they were on the way, hoping he wouldn't leave her far behind.

more_horiz
Loika shook her head in frustration. " I dont know Kas! I dont know what to do. I didnt even know she was sick!" She patted Mackenzie's back soothingly. Her poor little nose was running and she was starting to cough. She hadnt appear sick at all the past few days. She tried to talk to Mackenzie soothingly to calm her until they could get to the hospital.

She kissed the top of Mackenzie's head. She was so warm. " Im sorry kiddo. Its gunna be alright." She looked over at Kas. "Sorry for ruining your romantic night with Eve."

more_horiz
"Aw.. It's fine." Kas shrugged. "I didn't expect to get.. that far."

What did he expect? Eve had called, and told him to come over to talk about something..
then seemingly the next moment they were both confessing thier feelings and hugging and kissing.
She didn't reject him, or really scold him. Eve didn't demand any explaination for his behavior.
Kas didn't understand it. He was grateful, but bothered all the same. Sooner or later, the truth would find a way out. He could imagine her seeing him running from the police on the news one day; or catching him after a botched job, lying in bed, full of bullet holes and liquor.

"This is all so damned confusing."
He stated vaguely, leaving it to Loika's interpretation.

more_horiz
" Being a parent or being in love? Because i would have to say both. " She cradled the infant in her arms. "Being in love is like trying to defuse a bomb and cuddle a puppy at the same time. Being a parent is ... there really isnt words" She couldnt really express what it was like to be a parent. There were too many words. She was stressed out and tired alot but she was also really happy. Mackenzie was the only right thing she did in her life.

She held Mackenzie with one and and pointed ahead. "There it is, up on the left! If you just pull up ill jump out." She squinted at the windshield. " Is that really rain?"

more_horiz
"That's an interesting analogy." Kas was having a hard time seeing the humor at the moment, though. His head ached, and so many questions were going through his mind at once.
And now it was raining.

"Okay, no problem." Slowing the car to a less frightening speed, he pulled the silver Supra into the ambulance parking bay to let Loika out right by the ER doors. They weren't supposed to idle there, but he didn't care. Kas could hear well enough that there were no sirens and nothing about to need the space he was in.

more_horiz
Loika flipped the hood on Peter's hoodie over Mackenzie's head and hopped out of the car. The rain was pouring by now. " You dont have to come in, ill catch a taxi home later!" She called back and dashed inside. Loika was used to being independent. Not relying on anyone else but herself.

She ran inside to the desk and told the nurse what was wrong, though Mackenzie's cries and squeals were a dead give away. Loika wanted to growl when the Nurse gave her a " are you serious look." The nurse asked her for information. Loika was getting anxious. Mackenzie wasnt born in a hospital. She had to lie on some of the information.

By the the time the nurse had everything she needed Loika was ready to scream. She cradled the infant close, wishing she could make everything better. She was going to complain when a doctor came through the doors and offered to take the infant from her. Loika hesitantly handed her over. " C-cant i go with her?" She said shakily. The doctor smiled a sincere smile. He seemed safe enough. " We will take good care of her. A nurse will come and get you when you can see her. If you will just wait here."

He carried Mackenzie back through the doors and left Loika in the waiting room. Loika paced and Txted peter to update him on what was going on.

more_horiz
Outside, Kas moved his car out of the ambulance parking, to an actual space not far away. He stayed put, however, waiting for Eve to come along. He knew he'd gotten here fast, and hoped she didn't decide he was leaving her behind.
Kas wasn't leaving. He didn't trust the hospital, even if it was the best option at the moment.
He sat back in his car and cranked up some Avenged Sevenfold, then pulled out his phone and looked at the time, debating texting Eve to see where she was.

more_horiz
OOC: We wait on eve *nods*

more_horiz
Eve was following the car close behind,but cars kept moving all the time,like they were trying to make her lose the connection between the car and her motorcycle.
She wasn't stepping on the gas much.She didn't want to arrive at the hospital quickly.Not really.She just needed some time to think.
Everything had happened so quickly.She didn't expect things to go that far with Kas,but she also didn't expect Loika to burst into her room with a crying Mackenzie.

She hoped that the kid was alright,and she was really worried about her.
She felt like it was her kid too.But she couldn't help but feel a little disappointed that her time with Kas was interrupted.But Mackenzie's health always came first.That was a rule for her.She sped down the road until she saw Kas stepping on the brakes a little.They were close to reaching the hospital,but Eve had other plans.

She was ready to drive past them and go spend some time alone in quite and peace,when out of nowhere it started raining.She groaned and started cussing under her breath.
She pulled up the motorcycle,watching the car continue his way towards the hospital.Though she stayed there,not daring to follow.
She knew she had promised to meet them there,but what could she do?
She sighed and stepped on the gas,running down the road.
She stopped a couples of meters away from the hospital and jumped down from the motorcycle.She went and sat against a wall,feeling the rain pour down over her.She was wet to the core,but she didn't care.She was too hot to get a cold anyway.

more_horiz
Even over the thumping bass, Kas heard the motorcycle pull into the hospital parking lot.
Kas got out of his car to join Eve in the chilly rain. It didn't bother him, rather the cold provided some small distraction from thinking about where they'd been before the interruption started.

He wanted her. Like nothing he'd ever wanted before. But that worried him too.
Kas drank often, and could put it down without getting a single urge to have more.
He'd tried every drug he could get ahold of in Vegas. Some of the most addictive ones. He never went back to them.
The closest thing he'd ever had to a longing he couldn't put aside was the need to busy himself and keep learning and improving. Even then, he took breaks. For days at a time sometimes.

But Eve. He felt like the world was pointless and empty without her. He would be happy to spend every day with her, and miss her every minute she wasn't there with him.

Kas walked over to the wall where Eve sat after spotting her, and wordlessly sat next to her. If she looked his direction, he would offer a little smile.

more_horiz
Eve was in her own little bubble,that she didn't see Kas approach her.
She kept questioning herself...Why was he here?Why did he love her when she didn't deserve him?If he only knew what she had done in the past,he would never have approached her in the first place.
Though if they got together she would have to tell him sometime,even though it would be really hard.

How could she tell him she had killed a guy because he had raped her?
She was mad at people then and didn't care about anyone..
But after she joined the Brotherhood,she started opening up to the idea of a family.And after she met him everything changed.He was her breath.Her day and night.Her drug.He was her everything.She was addicted.Or you could call it...in love.

She leaned her head against the wall,feeling the rain pour down and hit her face.
"Why?I don't deserve him...",she said practically to no one.Though she hadn't understood that Kas had come and sat next to her.
The rain made everything so difficult to see,hear,or feel.
A tear ran down from the corner of her eye,mixing with the rain.
"I am in love and I don't even know what that is exactly!",she murmured to herself with a hint of humor in her words.

more_horiz
And what was this?
Kas knew it wasn't very nice to eavesdrop, but he was listening silently, hearing words that rang with alot of personal truth. Neither of them knew what love was. Kas also felt like Eve was far too good for him. She didn't judge, and was so patient despite the problems that surrounded him from every angle.
They were both from seemingly different worlds, but still much the same.

"Neither do I. Maybe we can figure it out together, huh?"
Before she could say anything else melancholy, he quietly spoke up, raising a hand to gently touch her cheek.

more_horiz
"Neither do I. Maybe we can figure it out together, huh?"

Eve's head turned abruptly at the hearing of the voice,only to come face to face with Kas.How long had he been here?Had he heard everything she was saying?
Why didn't see hear him coming?
Though,with a rain like that,it would be kind of weird if she did hear or see him coming.
His words made her smile sadly,and she leaned into his hand as he placed it against her cheek.

She didn't respond though.She just moved so she was now between his legs,and snuggled into his arms,resting her face against his now wet chest.
She didn't mind that they were both wet.She just laughed and buried her face into his chest,while wrapping her hands around herself.
"We'll probably get a cold...",she murmured sighing.
She was ready to do anything to make Kas happy.

more_horiz
Kas gave her a little smile, trying to say he understood without talking. He wrapped both arms around her while they sat together in the rain. He didn't care about the rain, or the cold..
Eve getting sick didn't sit well with him, though.
"Should we go wait in the car, maybe?" He chuckled quietly, and gave her forehead a soft kiss.
"If you catch a cold, I'll have to think of ways to keep you in bed all day.." A little smirk started and he hugged her tightly.

more_horiz
Eve laughed softly and looked up at him.As her eyes met his,she was sure she could die happy then.
Though his next comment made her smirk.
"Then we should stay here all night..I would like to spend as many days as I can in bed,as long as it's with you baby..",then,she pushed her head upwards and gave him a soft kiss.

She didn't care if she'll catch a cold.She didn't care If she'll stay in bed for days.
All she cared a out was that she would be with Kas.
But then it hit her.Mackenzie...
"Is the baby okay?Is it something serious?",she asked worried.
Eve felt like Mackenzie was her daughter too,though she would never say so.

Last edited by Evelyn Fireheart on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Snikkering at her comment about staying in bed, he gave a smile as she kissed him gently.
The questions about the baby made him shake his head.
"I'm not sure. She has a high fever. Hopefully they will move thier asses and get it under control."
He swollowed hard, glancing toward the ER doors.
"I didn't want to go in there.. to find out what's going on."

more_horiz
Eve saw Kas glance at the ER doors and he looked...scared?She could she he was worried,but at the same time scared.Scared to know what was going on.Scared to know what might happen to the kid.
And that made Eve sad.She turned around so that they were now face to face,and caressed his cheek softly with the back of her hand.

"Don't worry Windie...Mackenzie is strong...she'll do just fine..",she murmured with a small smile.
She didn't want to see him hurt.She wanted to make him smile.
As the rain fell down harder,she smirked and leaned in,placing her lips close to his ear.
"Are you ticklish?"

more_horiz
Nodding and giving a small encouraging smile as Eve noted Mackenzie came from some of the most resilient genetics, and could probably tough out a fever like this, Kas centered his vision on her again.
The soft touch brought out a more genuine smile, and he gave her a quizzical look at the last question.
"Ticklish?" There was something he'd never really thought about or done before..
"I uh.. I dunno!"
Her voice in his ear was bringing out goosebumps though.

more_horiz
Loika paced the waiting room. With every passing minute she was getting more and more anxious. One of the nurses stopped her pacing after what seemed like an eternity. " Im sorry ma'am but-" Loika froze and her legs felt wobbly. Her eyes starting to tear up. " No shes not-" The nurse's eyes widened when she realized what things looked like. " No no they are still working to bring her tempature down. Its looking like bronchitis. They have cooling blankets on her now to bring her temp down. Not i was coming to tell you, you cant be barefoot in the hospital." The nurse was holding a pair of slippers in her hands. She handed them to Loika and assured her she would inform her of any update.

Loika took the slippers and sat down in one of the chairs. She slipped on the slippers and hugged her knees to her chest. she took out her phone and texted peter again. His phone was probably dead again. She rested her head on her knees and let out a few breaths.

more_horiz
Eve laughed as his was thinking.When he finally replied at her,he looked so goofy,making Eve to giggle and give his nose a kiss.
"You look really cute when you have this goofy face on..",she said and gave him another kiss.This time one the lips.
She pulled back giggling,as she felt the the rain getting harder.
She pushed herself up,and offered her hand.
"We should find shelter or I will have bruises afterwards.."
She snickered at him,but the smiled never left her face.
She was glad she was spending some time with him after everything that happened.
As soon as they found a shelter,she would talk to him about it.

Last edited by Evelyn Fireheart on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum