X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Murphey's Law of Averages (pg-13)

descriptionCompleteRe: Murphey's Law of Averages (pg-13)

more_horiz
"And you look really cute all the time!" Kas got up with her, holding the offered hand as they went to solve the issue of shelter.

"We could go wait in the car? Loika doesn't know where I parked, but we can keep an eye out for her."
For more reasons than one. The last thing he wanted to happen was thier friend walking upon them getting intimate again. Not that he expected they were going to be making out in the car in front of the hospital while they waited.. but if today had taught him one thing at all, it was: anything can happen.

more_horiz
Eve smiled at his comment about her being cute all the time.He was really sweet,and that made Eve imagine him as her Prince Charming.
It was the first time Eve had thought of Kas as a prince,and her as a princess and that made her smack herself mentally.
Why would she think of them as a couple?They weren't even together....yet.
Because she was determined to make him hers.

She glanced at her motorbike,one last time,then looked over at Kas.
She could come take her later.
"Off to your car then...",she said,before starting walking towards his silver Supra.
She was glad it was a little further down the hospital doors...Like that..they could spend some time together..

more_horiz
Chilly rain pattered down while they waited in a mostly-empty parking lot underneath a muted flickering light. Linkin Park was reverberating quietly in the background. Kas was only hearing it as a low buzzing noise, however.
Once they were inside the car, he sighed, leaning on the steering wheel and looking out through the front window. He looked to Eve and smiled a bit.

"I'm glad you showed up."

It had likely crossed her mind, of course. Somewhere along that partly rainy bike ride.
Kas couldn't get his off the topic. He'd never had such a difficult time staying focused.
Getting here gave him a steady, throbbing headache.
The traffic wasn't a problem at all. Neither was Makenzie's tired crying, nor Loika with her vaildated self-doubt and campy analogies.
It was Eve.

He could still function. Carry on conversations, operate machinary, all the basic stuff.
Anything more began to send a flaming spike of pain off in his skull, down his spine. The smallest amount of light stung his eyes, and it felt like a lightningbolt connected with his head... every time he tried to touch the atmosphere, as long as he thought about Eve.

Granted, Kas had this issue before. He was already tempered against this pain. He kept track of how frequently it struck, and tried to identify the triggers.
The drive here was mostly skill and little aerokinetic manipulation, because he couldn't put aside the idea of being alone with Eve.

Now that they were alone together, it seemed like the jagged spikes were leveling off at a dull ache. Kas was instantly tired, finally able to relax a little. There were still questions about what was going on inside that hospital, but his thoughts were still mainly on the rainsoaked goddess in the passenger seat next to him.

He wanted to know what Eve was feeling. Was she mad? Disappointed? Amused?
"Interesting turn of events, don't you think.. hotness?"

more_horiz
"I'm glad you showed up."

But that confused Eve.What did he mean?
Was he glad that she showed up here,after everything that happened,or was he glad that she showed up into his life?
And why would hi be glad about it?
"What do you mean exactly?",she asked him.

She wanted to know what he meant.She wanted to understand him,and make him happier.But she was too confused at the moment.
"Interesting turn of events, don't you think.. hotness?"
Eve smirked at the nickname he gave her.At least his flirtatious self was still there.
She bit her lip,and turned her face to meet his.Those baby blues were standing out even more now that he was all rainsoaked.
"Well..everything happened too quickly..But I guess it was for a good reason..Though we should continue where we left off sometime...",she said and gave him a wink,followed by a small laugh.

more_horiz
Smiling in return at the cute wink she gave, Kas considered her suggestion.
"Sometime we won't be interrupted, yeah?"
Which was hopefully sooner than later, but it was definately worth the wait.
He was glad to know Eve was still interested.
Something was bothering him, though.
"You don't think things between us are happening too quickly?"

It was a notion that repeatedly attacked him. Kas didn't give a damn about it before. Though nowhere in the past had sex and love intermingled. They were clearly seperate things, as he learned it. No one ever had the 'birds and bees' talk with Kas. All of his knowledge on the topic was gathered firsthand, and Las Vegas didn't offer any sugar-coated education on it.

"I'm getting a weird feeling.. I don't know what it means." He sighed, hoping his weird feelings weren't making it seem to Eve that he wasn't interested in her. That was far, far from the truth.

more_horiz
Eve nodded in agreement.She wouldn't want to be interrupted again.
Though everything happens for a reason.Maybe it was best they got interrupted by Loika.
Maybe that was a sign,that they had to do something before that.Though Eve had no idea.She trusted her heart though.And mostly,Kas.
His next question though confused her..

"You don't think things between us are happening too quickly?"

She bit her lip and looked at her hands.Was she rushing things and made him uncomfortable?
Though a thought like that had never passed her mind before.She though that everything was going..smoothly.Some things happen for a reason.Maybe they should just let themselves free.Do whatever passes their mind.And Eve wouldn't mind as long as she was with Kas.

"I'm getting a weird feeling.. I don't know what it means."

His sigh made her sigh as well.So...she really was rushing things,and he probably wasn't ready,or didn't want to go that far.
She looked at him and opened her mouth to say something,only to close it again.
She looked outside the window and closed her eyes.
"I am sorry...I didn't mean to rush things...Just...you should have told me you didn't want to..",she said and opened the door getting out of the car.

The rain hit her face,hiding the tears that had started to run down her face.
She didn't want to push Kas away.She didn't want him to feel uncomfortable.
She just wanted to love him.Pleasure him.
Though she hadn't considered that he might not be ready for a step like this.
Maybe everything was really happening too quickly.Maybe she should just...pull away.
She glanced back at the car,before turning around,starting to make her way towards her motorbike.She wiped away some tears with her sleeve on the way there,her thoughts all messed up,and her heart was aching.

more_horiz
Kas slumped over the steering wheel, sighing, hearing the car door close behind Eve.
"Way to go, numbnuts." He grumbled to himself.
Kas sat up, watching Eve walk away.
Something whispered in the back of his mind that he should just let her go. She didn't need him, his problems, or all the trouble he brought in her life.
Everything else wanted to go out there and tell her that wasn't it at all. He didn't stop her, because he wanted this just as much as she did. At least, most of him did. He didn't want doubt to win. Not at all.
He it was only a part of him nagging and making him feel as if this fire was burning too high and too quickly. The rest of him felt like the world was a cold, dead place without her.
Eve looked back, and he decided to say the hell with it.

Pushing the car door open, he went out into the cold and followed Eve toward her motorcycle.
"Wait a minute..!" He ran over to hopefully catch her before she left.

more_horiz
Eve stopped dead in her tracks at the hearing of Ka's voice.Her tears were runnng down,but the couldn't been seen,since the rain made everything look the same
She sighed,her body becoming cold.
How could she be tricked into believing he liked it?Why did she take it that far?
Why didn't he tell her to stop if he didn't want it?
All these questions brought a headache,which was getting worse with every question she added.

"What is it..?",she asked looking at her feet.
She didn't turn to face him.She kept looking down,feeling the rain making her wet again.
She had barely managed to warm up a bit,before she got out of the car again,giving rain the chance to attack her.

more_horiz
"I.. wanted to say something else.."
Kas came to a stop in front of Eve, watching her gaze absently at the ground.
Well.. now he'd gone and ruined everything. Why did he even open his stupid mouth and say anything? Why was doubt trying to get the better of him? Kas never had this issue before.
From living through a hail of bullets, to infiltrating a number of places designed to keep thier kind in or out, to walking for days through the barren desert and following a gut instinct to survive; he'd never faced so much doubt in himself.
"Don't think I didn't want it. You. Not for a second.. Eve, you have no idea.."

He hesitated, shaking his head while also staring at the rain pooling between thier feet.
"I really do love you.. I would love to be with you. Something is telling me not to. Until I figure out what that is, I don't want to take a chance we're going to regret. I don't want mess this up.. and lose you."
Looking up to see if this was hitting home, or if Eve was listening to him anymore, Kas made his point.
"You're too important to me. More than anything. Please tell me you understand. Eve, I do want you to be mine. I feel happier with you than I ever have. I'm just so.. afraid."
Afraid that somehow fate would see to it this happiness didn't last.

more_horiz
Eve was listening to Kas.He meant what he said and that made her smile.
He had the guts to admit he was scared.Scared of messing things up between them...scared of losing her.
She was glad he did want her after all.She loved him..so effing much.And would give her life for him,though she couldn't help but feel a little confused about all of this.If he loved her,why would he let 'something' tell him not to take a step?

"One thing I know Kas...is don't listen to anyone or anything else,except your heart..If your heart really tells you to not take the step,do so.
But know I love you.And I won't let a feeling or anything else come between us.."
,she said and looked up into his eyes.
"I do understand...but I really don't want to..",as selfish as it sounded,she couldn't hide this from him.She didn't want to trust a feeling.But love was a feeling too right?Why everything had to be so confusing?

Last edited by Evelyn Fireheart on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Why did everything have to be so confusing?

Kas smiled a bit, that little tight-lipped smile that said he was telling her something that was just between them. He was glad she understood, even admitting she didn't like to. It was no different for him, either. Fate was being very cruel, trying to keep them apart.
They both deserved to be happy, for a change. To be young and free, and without being judged.
"You're the only person I've ever really loved, Eve. And I know you love me back. We didn't know that night, in the club, when we were both playing at being hardasses who didn't need anyone." The thought made a grin creep up. "I do need you, though. I don't know where I would be without you anymore."

more_horiz
Loika was allowed to finally go back and check on her special little one. She was asleep thank goodness. The doctor explainer to her that Mackenzie had bronchitis. It was treatable though it could be dangerous to small children. The doctor gave her some special baby asprin and cough medicine for her.

Loika was exhausted. Having been here a couple hours not knowing if her little one was going to be okay. The nurses took turns holding Mackie while Loika finished filling out the discharge forms. Mackenzie was popular. Anyone whoever held her instantly fell in love with her. Loika sometimes wondered if this was part of her ability.

Normally many doctors would have held Mackie for observation, but the ER doctor knew Loika. She had patched up the kid more than once and knew about her mutant secret. She let Loika take her on her word that if Mackie became worse she would bring her back.

The sun was starting to come up when she walked out with Mackie in her arms. The head nurse whom helped Loika sign the discharge papers called a taxi for them. The taxi was waiting. She wrapped Peter's hoodie a bit more snugly around Mackie and flipped the hood up to keep her from getting wet from the rain. The cab driver was a friendly older gentleman and hopped out and opened the door for her and she slid in.

more_horiz
"You're the only person I've ever really loved, Eve. And I know you love me back. We didn't know that night, in the club, when we were both playing at being hardasses who didn't need anyone."

Eve laughed and looked at him.He was right...as always.
That night thy first met,she had tried to allure him,but it didn't work.
So he basically started messing with her,makin her angrier and angrier,until she finally showed who she really was?
She didn't expect him to be Aerokinetic though.
That night they had gone to an old cinema together.It was their first date..though none of them understood that from the beginning.

"I do need you, though. I don't know where I would be without you anymore."

Eve ran into his arms,hugging him tightly.The wet feeling of their bodies touching gave her goosebumps all over but she didn't care.
Her lips were slammed against his in a slow and loving kiss.
She loved him,and he loved her back.And that's all that mattered..
"Oh Kas..I love you and you know it!It's just...I'm afraid I'll lose you.."

more_horiz
Sinking into that emotional attachment and the kiss she gave like a favorite blanket, Kas put his arms around her waist, and lifted Eve off the ground as he hugged her, kissing each cheek and across her jawline.

"Consider me the moth, drawn to the flame."

What could she do to lose him? Kas was willing to walk through fire. Two different nights in a downtown gentleman's club evidenced that.
As long as Eve wanted him around; accepted the quirky, chaotic person he was, all she had to do was let him know. He wanted to be part of her life for things great and small. Adventurous and mundane.

"You're stuck with me. I don't think you could do anything to lose me.. unless you say you want me gone."

Smirking at the last statement, Kas bent and hiked Eve up onto his shoulder like a heavy duffle bag, feigning carelessness as he started toward the car with his 'hostage'. An arm securely around Eve's curvy waist, Kas laughed while crossing the parking lot, not stopping no matter what she did. The other hand stole the keys to Eve's bike out of her pocket with sly invasiveness.

"If you ever get to the point that you can't stand my company!"

Kas turned halfway between the Supra and Eve's motorcycle, halting his long strides and putting Eve back on her feet, still laughing quietly.

more_horiz
"You're stuck with me. I don't think you could do anything to lose me.. unless you say you want me gone."

Eve laughed but when she saw him smirk,she stopped and looked at him carefully.
"What are you-",but she was cut off by Kas lifting her from the ground and placing her over his shoulder.
Eve started laughing and yelling for him to put he down,but he wouldn't budge.
He kept walking towards his car,but stopped a little,and sneaked his hand into her back pocket,making sure to caress some close areas.

"If you ever get to the point that you can't stand my company!"

He let her down afterwards,still chuckling,and she punched his arm playfully laughing along.
This man was unbelievable.
"I know you did that just to touch my butt!",she said and smirked at him.
Kas could touch anything hers and she wouldn't mind.She would give him everything if he gave her the chance.
But she wouldn't push him into doing anything.She would let him feel ready first..

more_horiz
"Damn straight I did!" Kas laughed at Eve's accusation. Not that he could deny it, but there was also another point.
Following a crazy, random notion; Kas put Eve's keys in his coat pocket, and held her hands.
He deposited the simple keychain that accessed the Supra in her palm, closing Eve's fingers gingerly around it.
"I think they must be keeping Mackenzie over the night. Loika isn't a baby, she can call either of us if she needs us."
Still cradling her hands in his, Kas issued a challenge.
"Let's see if you can get back to your house before me.."
They stood halfway between his car and her bike, in a chilly spring drizzle.
Kas let go of Eve, and took a step back, then another, smiling devilishly.
"You just name what you want, if you beat me."
The game was on.

more_horiz
Eve smirked at his challenge,but then her eyes widened.
He hadn't given her,her keys.Insead he gave her his car's.
Kas knew damn well that she didn't know how to drive a car,and he had just challenged her.
Though if she wanted to win,she had to make it to the Mansion before him.
She bit her lip and looked into his eyes.

"Damn..that was your plan from the beginning right?You want me to lose so that you will be able to do anything with me..!",she said and smiled devilishly.
"I like the way you're thinking baby..",she said and took a few steps back,putting the keys of his Supra in her back pocket.
"See you there!",she said and turned around.
She smirked and started running back towards the Mansion laughing.

more_horiz
Of course that was the point!
Kas knew Eve didn't drive a car. Likewise, he didn't know how to ride a bike.
As soon as Eve turned around and ran, Kas jogged back over to Eve's motorcycle, still grinning like the cat that ate the canary.
He didn't know how this was going to turn out, but it was something new and fun and it had to do with Eve, so win or lose, he considered it all worthwhile. He wouldn't even use any powers to try turning the tides to his favor.

Starting up the bike, he moved the kickstand and tried to put it in gear and start going.
His first try, Kas killed the engine after the bike lurched forward, which made him laugh as he started it up again.
The second time, he at least got it going, but the engine died again when he tried to shift to a higher gear. Kas was determined to get the hang of this, though.
Rainy city streets were slippery, so the going was slower than he would have liked to begin with. He didn't even see the Supra around, and guessed Eve was already way ahead of him.
Kas turned the throttle up and spun the back tire, burning a little rubber on the road.
It only took a couple of miles to get a feeling for the bike. Powers or no, Kas could still drive like a madman, and the light, fast motorcycle was soon weaving around traffic at reckless speeds.

more_horiz
Eve had decided to try going on foot back to the Mansion,but when she heard her bike slide against the road,making a screeching noise,she stopped dead in her tracks.
"I'm going to kill him...",she said and slightly turned her head to see him running down the road like he was crazy.
"God..please make sure my baby is okay..because Kas will be dead as soon as I catch him!",and by baby,she meant her bike.

But then again..she had his car's keys.She smirked and turned around,facing the car.
"Revenge,oh sweet revenge..",she said and started running towards the car.
She opened the door and plopped in,closing the door quickly.
"Okay...uhmm..one step at a time..",she said and put the key in the ignition.
The car started am she let out a breath.She was trying to remember that only time when she had driven a car."Come on Eve..you got it..it's almost like the motorbike..come on.."
Though she tries and tried,and In the end..she go it.
She let out a happy yelp and drove out of the parking lot,and into the street.
"Meet you there..",she said before stepping on the gas.

more_horiz
A few city blocks down the road, Kas was getting the total motorcycle experience. One big truck passed him in the next lane, and cold water displaced by the tires hit Kas in a freezing wave.
He shuddered, and the motion moved the handlebars slightly, causing the bike to wobble precariously.
Kas held the grips tightly, balancing things back out as he spat out a mouthful of rainwater and coughed. He carefully let one hand go, and attempted to get the water dripping into his eyes away.
He already resigned not to use any powers, though. Eve didn't have anything to shield her from the rain or act as a safety-net if she slipped up and wrecked the bike. He didn't know if she ever had, but if Eve could take that risk every time she jumped on this crotch-rocket; then he could too.
Kas didn't dare get his phone out to find a short-cut through less-busy side streets. He stuck to the main road and the route he knew back to the Mansion, carefully avoiding the larger traffic so not to get drenched again.

more_horiz
Eve was running like a psycho.She would make it to the mansion before he could say anything.
Though she was worried about making it there alive.
She was the best at riding a bike,but when it came down to a car,let's just say she would almost die from the experience.That's exactly the reason why she had driven a car only once.

Though thankfully,she kind of remembered how to drive it.
She sped down the road,and took a turn on the left,almost running into a wall.
Thankfully,she didn't,and she continued stepping on the gas,going through shortcuts.
She would be at the Mansion in half time...hopefully.

more_horiz
By the time Kas would reach the Brotherhood house, Eve would already have been there, though not too terribly long. He was cold and completely soaked, but smiling.
"Well, looks like you beat me here. Hope you weren't waiting very long."
Kas commented as he parked the bike, and strode over to Eve, holding her keys out to her.
"We should do this again sometime." He snikkered. First, though.. they had to take care of whatever it was Eve decided to name as her spoils of victory..

more_horiz
Eve saw Kas pull up by the Mansion.It looked like e knew how to ride a bike...hopefully.
A thought of going to check her bike passed her mind,but when she saw a soaked wet Kas,making his way over her with a smile,she raised an eyebrow.
"We should do this again sometime.",he said and gave her,her keys.
She smirked and bit her lip."If it makes you wet,then sure."
Though 'wet' could be translated in two different ways.

She tapped her chin,pretending she was thinking.
"Hmm..Since I won,and you don't look that attractive in all this dirty water and such..how does a shower sound to you?",she asked with a devilish smile.
She had once promised him that she would show him how fun hot showers were.And now was the time.

more_horiz
(completed!)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum