X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

My arrival.

descriptionCompleteMy arrival.

more_horiz
Luna arrived hopping off her black chrome motorbike and saw a fountain. She took off her helmet shaking her hair and placed the helmet on the seat. She walked to the fountain and stared at the beauty of it. She sat on the edge of it and touched the water with a small smile. She was new and was slightly scared to be around people..even if they were like her in a way. She looked at the place in front of her that would be her home and school. She tilted her head at it thinking about what she should expect in a place like this.

descriptionCompleteRe: My arrival.

more_horiz
Usually, Jason would be in his office tending to his paper work and grading school papers, but today he was in a garden planting flowers. He had gardening gloves and a hat to protect him from scorching sun. But as soon as Jason heard motorcycle engine dying, he turned to look over his shoulder and saw a girl. Instantly, he got her name. Luna.

Jason stood up off the ground and dusted his knees of dirt and leaves. He approached the girl and smiled at her. "Welcome to Xavier Institute, Luna. I hope it wasn't too much trouble finding us." said Jason, pulling off his gardening gloves.

more_horiz
Luna looked up at the guy with confusion and weariness. ''Hello. It was no trouble at all, Mr- I'm sorry what's your name?'' She tilted her head at him and noticed the gloves, she looked around to notice that he was gardening and she gave a small smile.

more_horiz
Jason smiled as he realized that he hasn't introduced himself. He usually didn't need to introduce himself, because people knew who he was and what this place was. "I am sorry, where are my manners. My name is Jason Andrews and I am the--headmaster--I guess, of Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters. I see you have come here, so I assume you want some help with mastering your gifts?" asked Jason.

more_horiz
Luna stared at him confused as to why he would be smiling. She tilted her head wondering. ''Hello Jason. Well you already know my name...Luna Valkyrie. Also..Yes i am here. I've tried to do it by myself but from where i was, i didn't get the space that i needed.'' She shrugged and looked around seeing the space would be pretty good to practice in.

more_horiz
Mackenzie kept herself glued to either Jason or Sara since her mother went missing and her father wasnt taking it well. She stopped talking entirely and used only her mind.

She was sitting in the garden helping Jason when she sensed the new person. She had lost the fearlessness since her mother dissapeared and instantly shied back. She watched Jason go and greet the new girl before she followed. She stayed behind him and peeked from behind him. She stared at the new person wide eyed.

more_horiz
After growing up on the streets, Luna was quite aware when someone was around. She tensed at the feeling of someone looking at her and she looked behind Jason to see a girl staring wide eyed at her causing her to frown but ease up. She gave her a small smile. ''Hello...I'm Luna Valkyrie and you are?'' She asked very curious.

more_horiz
Jason stepped aside to reveal Mackie. "This is Mackenzie Jackson, but everyone calls her Mackie for short." said Jason, looking down at the girl. "She's a daughter of two of the students currently residing here. She doesn't talk much, but don't be fooled by that, she'll let you know when something bothers her."

Jason looked up at Luna. "So, I take it you want someone to give you a tour of the place. Or will you find your way around the school?" asked Jason, trying to be as helpful as possible. He realized just how hard it sometimes could be for a new person to adjust to such a change and make new friends. But Jason didn't doubt that Luna will have hard time with it, once she settles down and gets to know everyone.

more_horiz
Luna nods a hello at the quiet girl and looks at Jason. ''Well...I'm kind of used to being on my own ya know? But if you don't mind, could i have a tour? This place is huge and i need to get used to a place this big, full of people.'' She looks around slightly nervous but shakes it off and stands tall, confident.

more_horiz
Mackenzie let out a startled squeak when Jason moved out of the way. He took her shield away in a sense. She quickly scrambled behind him again and held onto his pantleg again. Once she felt secure again she peeked again and spoke into the girl's mind. " Hi... im mackenzie."

more_horiz
Luna jumps slightly at the voice in her head and looks at the girl and smiles, a real genuine smile. ''Hello. I'm Luna..you know..you don't need to be scared of me.'' She crouches and tilts her head at her still smiling. She continues to stare at her but knows. She wants to be secure and looks for someone she can trust to give her that. She stands back up and nods at her. ''Well Mackenzie, nice power also if ya don't think ya can talk to me now, there's always the future.'' She smiles.

more_horiz
Mackenzie shrunk away from Luna and hid completely behind Jason. The lady seemed nice and her thoughts seemed genuine but who knew anything anymore. She felt like she had to look out for herself now. She talked to Jason with her mind and let him know she didnt see anything bad in Luna's mind though her voice almost seemed distracted.

more_horiz
Luna turns back to Mackenzie curious. She shrunk away from Luna and can speak to people through thoughts. This sent Luna on edge and she didn't feel comfortable at all. She shuffled on spot and felt her ears and eyes tingle as they changed. Her eye colour changed to something like a lion's and her ears started to have fur. She puts her hair over her ears and looked at the floor.

more_horiz
Jason could sense that little tension was rising up in the air. He had to leave or something was going to happen and Jason had enough on his plate already. Looking at Luna, he saw parts of her body turned to fur and her ear changed to something of a lion. He dropped his gardening gloves on the edge of the fountain, "OK," he exclaimed happily. "Let's me show you around. I think we should start from outside if you don't mind. Seeing how we are already outside, it would make more sense to start here." He looked at Mackenzie. I know things are not going well for you and many others, but please keep your powers to yourself until you get to know Luna, Jason said to Mackie telepathically. Then, his attention was back on Luna as he started to walk toward the stables.

"There is so much to do, so many activities to be engaged in. Over there," said Jason pointing into the distance. "are stables with horse. You are more then welcome to take any horse you want for a ride." He hopped that Luna will like it here and he will do everything to he can to make her feel as much at home as possible.

more_horiz
Mackenzie stopped hiding so much. She walked alongside Jason and held onto his hand. She watched the lady curiously. Could she turn into animals like mommy could? She apologized to Jason mentally. She kept quiet until he spoke of the stables. "You cant use Ghost. Ghost is mommy's horse. Hes the only one though. You can use the others."

more_horiz
Luna rubbed the part's of her skin where it turned to fur and sighed. ''Stables! Awesome.'' She felt the corners of her mouth twitch in a grin. She heard Mackenzie in her head. ''Don't worry...I won't use Ghost.'' She assured the girl with a slight smile. Luna followed Jason and looked around, smiling a small bit. She could get used to this..it's so much different from the warehouse and that was great. She was oddly happy and she just arrived here.

more_horiz
As Jason looked at both of the girls again, he heard Mackie speaking to Luna through her mind. Jason pretended as if he didn't hear anything and just looked at Luna again. He kept on walking as he got close to the basketball courts. "Here's basketball court, but you probably don't need me to tell you about it. However...I will tell you this...bellow there is a hanger, where Blackbird is located. So, whenever you hear alarming sound, I suggest you drop what you are doing and get out, because...most likely someone will be flying out." said Jason as he moved on to the next location.

more_horiz
Luna listened to him, interested in what he was saying. ''Why exactly do you have a blackbird?'' She frowned at him in confusion. She also wondered what his power could be and why he was staring at her. This set her on edge and her gold eyes darkened as her mind tried to become like a lion's. She shrugged it off and followed to the next location wondering what else there is here.

more_horiz
"Well...we use Blackbird for many things, but mostly for missions away from New York. We've had to fly to Russia and Peru before. It's just much easier then buying a ticket to a regular flight. Imagine if they found out we were mutants flying on a regular plane. You think they'd make it to their destination?" asked Jason as he moved away from basketball court, walking inside of the institute. The first floor contained kitchen and large family room. "As you can see, this where most of the students reside. Everyone gets their own bedroom and there are plenty of rooms for you to chose from." said Jason.

more_horiz
Luna laughs. ''Ah right...that's pretty cool actually.'' She follows him inside and looks around with awe. ''This place is huge...'' She danced around in her head with excitement but on the outside, she just looked like a girl in amazement. A place..with other people like her made her happy. She was so used to being alone so the thought of being with others excited her but scared her at the same time. She never knew how to react with other people. ''Could there ever be room mates if you're close to someone or do you have to have your own room?'' She asked with awe hinting in her voice due to the place.

more_horiz
"Yes, you are indeed allowed to have roomates. In fact there are several students here who have roommates. Mackie, over here would be one of those students. She and Katt both live in a same room." said Jason as he walked through the doors and toward the Danger Room. "This is Danger Room, this room is mainly used to train students and even staff sometimes uses this room. You are welcome to train and exercise, but be careful this might be a simulator, but nothing stops you from getting hurt. Also, it would be well advised if you had a friend with you while you are training, in case anything does happen, they'll be able to shut off the system."

more_horiz
Luna nods and grins hoping she could do that one day. She follows him through the doors and looks at the danger room with interest. ''Oh it's fine...if you don't mind i'll be training outside due to my power..and i ain't one for making friends as i've never really had 'em. I'm used to being alone so if i do need to train, i'll do it outside...'' She states slowly. ''But if i do go in there i'll find someone i can trust. Thank you though.'' She smiles slightly.

more_horiz
Mackenzie held onto jason's hand but she had relaxed around the new girl. She listened to them intently and kept quiet for quite some time. She perked up a bit when they talked about training. She still wasnt sure entirely of the girl's power. She looked up at her. " Can you turn into a wolf like my mommy?"

more_horiz
Luna jumps at the voice in her head and grins at the girl's question. ''I can...but i can also turn into other animals. I'm an animal morpher.'' She looks at her and morphs into an eagle and then her normal self. ''The reason i'm here is to...learn to control it properly. Sometimes i wake up as a bird in my bed or i just walk around the street and fur's on my hand.'' She smiles shyly embarrassed she admitted that. She scratches the back of her head and feels some parts of hair was still feathers and she groans. ''This is why i need training...to turn fully back and not having something left behind from the change.'' She closes her eyes and turns her hair fully back with lots and lots of effort. She sighs and looks around the area. ''But yeah. I can turn into a wolf. Into any animal really. I can take some characteristics from animals too. Not all of it just some of it. Like the speed of a cheetah. I can't be that fast unless i turn into it but i can still be faster than the average person. Came in handy when i did fighting.'' She shrugs.

more_horiz
Mackenzie was the most perked that she had been since her mother dissapeared with Neal. She spoke for the first time out loud since the incident. "Mommy can train you when she comes back! She taught herself how to shift!"

She let go of Jason's hand finaly and ran in front of Luna. She looked Luna in the eyes and showed Luna in her head mommy shifting back and fourth from human to wolf during a practice session. she was able to quickly shift from wolf to girl and back. When she was done she pulled her clothes back on since her clothes didnt stay with her when she shifted. She looked at Luna, since it was a memory from mack's point of view and smiled." love you kiddo." The memory Loika said something else in a native american language and Mackenzie cut off the memory sharing. She looked emberrassed and quickly returned to Jason and hid behind him again, mentally muttering something about sorry and sharing too much memory.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum