X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Morning in the Afternoon (R)

descriptionCompleteMorning in the Afternoon (R)

more_horiz
It had been a while now since Gavin had been in San Diego, yet he had had no chance at all to actively see the city. Mainly this was because whenever he would try and exit the tunnels, something would come up.

He did fix some time to get to a bar. Lonely. He wasn't even sure what the hell he was doing there. Maia just told him he had a job to do, and that some mutant teenager did some bullshit there. Well, he did like to help, but what would he do in this situation? Just lay around, telling people to be calm. Not his cup of tea. At least, he knew the bar wasn't gonna get him bored. And he was gladly surprised the bar was nice. At least on the outside.

Entering it, a smell came up to his nose. Damn this bar even smells nice. The food that was cooking seemed very tasty. Gavin wouldn't mind getting a taste of it. It smelled like that deep fried fries scent. Amazingly goo for someone who was hungry. And hungry, was not saying much in Gavin's case. You could hear his stomach roar in a 50 Kilometer distance.

He sat down on the table. It had two seats. So, his feet occupied the other seat. He saw the waiter arrive. "What will you be having sir?" Gavin took a bit to even look at him. But when he did, he grinned. A young kid was in front of him. And it had manners. San Diego was improving. "I'll have a cheeseburger and two beers. Fuck it. Make it three beers."

Blade looked up at the waiter, who nodded while writing his order. The waiter went behind the counter and got out of his sight. The television was broadcasting a chick flick. In a bar. Gavin took out a small little rock, and threw it at the tv, hitting the button to change what was on. He laughed as the men cheered, and the women glared. Baseball was much better then a freaking soap opera.

Gavin clapped as his food arrived at the table. He grabbed onto his burger and took a bite, as the door opened. Bright light invaded the room, as everyone looked away but Gavin. Sunglasses always helped in these occasions.

Last edited by Gavin Cooper on Sun May 26, 2013 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total

descriptionCompleteRe: Morning in the Afternoon (R)

more_horiz
Luna walks in the room full with confidence. The women glared as their sons stared at her causing Luna to just smirk. She looks around and saw Blade causing her to smile and the boys around her to continue staring. She growls at them and laughs walking to Blade. ''Hey. Is this seat taken or may I take it?'' She grins and looks at the boy waiter. ''Can i have a beer and some chips?'' She winks at him and batters her eyeslids causing him to blush and hurry along. She places her hands on her hips and looks at Blade through her sunglasses.

more_horiz
Gavin grinned as Luna drew closer. "Well this seat was taken..." Said Gav, placing the burger in the plate and taking his feet of the chair. "But now it ain't. Sit down." He looked at the bartender, and gave him a blank stare, followed by a nod. The kid should get moving and get what Luna asked, otherwise there would be trouble. "So, what are you doing here in San Diego Luna?" Asked Blade looking back at her, and taking another, huge, bite of his burger.

more_horiz
Luna grins and sits down looking at him. ''Trying to find someone but i needed a break and came here. Strange how i found you in this place.'' She grins and see's the waiter come back with her food and beer. ''Thanks.'' He walks away with a frown from her cold reaction towards him and she turns back to Blade with a smile. She takes a sip of her beer and frowns at him. ''Wait..why are you here?'' She asks taking off her glasses revealing snake looking eyes.

more_horiz
"Nothing special." Said Gavin finishing his cheeseburger. "Just one of my jobs. Want to help?" Asked Gav, knowing Luna would ask what was this job. She was a nosy girl. He liked it. For her age, she seemed pretty outgoing with someone like himself. He took a sip from one of his beers. He took his sunglasses off as well. He wanted Luna to feel like him. His eyes were white. The pupils were still there, but they were completely white. He placed his pill on his beer and drank it. He opened his eyes, wide open, so Luna could see them changing back to their Hazel color. "It's cool seeing it isn't it?"

more_horiz
Luna feels excitement at the idea of doing a job and nods. ''That would be cool...what is this job exactly?'' She asks with a smirk. She watches him put the pill in his beer and then saw his white eyes. It causes her to gasp and then she see's them change to a hazel colour. ''What is that pill, Blade and why were eyes white? It's cool yes but it's slightly worrying.'' She frowns at the thought of being worried but shakes it off, eating her food and drinking most of her beer.

more_horiz
"Just find a teenage mutant, and make him stop hurting people. I've got all the information about him in the H.Q I got installed here." Said Gavin, drinking another beer he had ordered. He placed his sunglasses back on and looked at Luna. Licking his lips dry from the beer. "Well, this pill helps me repress something. A decease that will take my eyesight. I'm sure I would be able to heal, but better be sure and take the pills. Nothing to be worried about. I always have these with me. Always." He said, finishing his second beer. He grabbed the third one, but didn't open it. "So, should we go now?"

more_horiz
Luna smirks. ''Finding someone...that's easy. I'm like a tracker.'' She laughs and listens to his explanation of the pill causing her to stare at him. ''That's awful...Well good thing ya always have 'em.'' She gets up clicking her neck and back. ''Yes we should...'' She states putting her sunglasses back on and rolls her sleeves up ready to fight if need be.

more_horiz
"Yeah, let's go." Gavin said, getting up. He left enough money on the table to pay for his meal, as well as Luna's. "Let's go. I have a motorcycle outside." Blade got outside, put his helmet on and sat on the motorcycle. "Here's the other helmet."

45 Minutes Later

Arriving at his headquarters, Gavin took his helmet off. "It's gonna rain soon." Said Gav, looking up at the sky. "It's cozy inside. And Misty is here too. She's a friend." Blade pressed a button on his motorcycle's handle. And the floor opened, lowering the Motorcycle, Luna and Gavin down. The hatch closed, as they were greeted by Misty, who didn't look at them and kept doing something on her computer. "Hey Blade. And new girl." Gavin pointed at Misty. "That's, how you probably guessed, Misty. She's the smartest person I know. She makes my weapons too." Gavin said, leaning into a corner, where he activated a mechanism showing off all the guns, vehicles and about anything else they had there. "As you can see, we are armed to the teeth Luna."

more_horiz
Luna wanted to protest about paying but she got on the motorbike instead.
When they arrived, Luna took off the helmet and looks around. She see's the girl and tilts her head at her. ''Hello. That's good to know Blade.'' She looks at the guns, vehicles and everything else feeling the excitement fill her again. ''That's brilliant.'' She stares in awe and looks at Blade. ''What now?''

more_horiz
"Just you wait. Misty will find out what to do next. Grab a cup of coffee. Get comfortable. See the guns if you'd like too." Said Gavin, as he grabbed a cup of coffee for himself. He drank it, watching as Misty typed something on the computer.

Two Minutes Later

"Blade come here. Check this out." Said Misty, pointing at the computer screen. Next to the Petco Park, a kid of about 12 years old, firing fire balls at men in black. "LUNA. TIME TO GO!!!" Said Gavin, kissing Misty's cheek. "Stay safe. I'll be right back. I'll bring the kid too." He ran towards his motorcycle, where he waited for Luna.

more_horiz
Luna waits and then hear's him shout her name. She rushes to the motorbike and climbs on whilst putting on the helmet. ''You know i hate you calling me that but you insist on calling me it!'' She growls and holds on tight with daggers in her boots and tight around her waist. ''Let's go then.'' She nodded a bye at Misty knowing she wasn't looking but she still did it anyway.

more_horiz
Gavin got up on the motorcycle. "Hang on kid." He started the motorcycle, watching as Misty pressed a button next to her desk. The hatch opened, and Gavin drove away. While on the road, he talked to Luna. "So, this guy we are gonna help has fire powers. He is angry, so we need to help. Think you can do that?"

more_horiz
Luna holds onto him and listens. ''Yeah i can help. I know how to stop people being angry. How old is this person?'' She looks at the cars passing by and loved the speed. ''How long till we get there and is there anyone there already?'' She asks curious.

more_horiz
"He's...twelve." Said Blade, making a sudden left. "We'll get there soon. And there are several men there. In black. The M.R.D. Trying to capture him." Said Gavin, finally making the last right they needed too. "Hang on, going to speed up." The motorcycle achieved 361.41 Km/H, just as it hit a chain of steel nets. It broke through, and it safely made Gavin and Luna land between the M.R.D agents and The Kid. Gav took his helmet off, and leaped of his bike. Taking his two handguns out, he yelled at Luna, firing at the M.R.D agents who jumped for dear life. "LUNA! TAKE THE KID OUT OF HERE. GET HIM TO SAFETY. I'LL FINISH THESE GUYS." Blade placed his guns in their holders and took his katanas out. "Time to play Motherfuckers." Said Gav, as he pounced on one of the agents and slashed his head off.

more_horiz
Luna leaps off reaching the boy. ''Hey Calm down. Don't be mad. We're here to help. Me and the guy. Just come with me. I'll get you somewhere safe, promise.'' She says calmly to the boy who looks at her with shock. Luna holds out her hand and he grabs it shakily. She pulls him into her arms and see's an abandoned motorbike. She gets onto it and makes him sit in front of her with his head down so he doesn't see the fight that Blade was causing. ''HURRY UP AND FINISH THEM!'' She speeds off on the motorbike hearing the boy sob underneath her. She mumbles soothing words to make him calm down.

more_horiz
Gavin was having fun. His jacket was now full of blood, as he M.R.D team was slaughtered. All of them laying dead by his feet. He was on top of the pile of bodies, when he sheathed his Katanas. He jumped onto his bike, a rode after Luna. He was able to get by her side. "Alright Luna, follow me." Said Blade, moving on ignoring a red light. He was filled with blood, so it was not a pretty sight. He arrived at his H.Q, as Misty opened the hatch.

more_horiz
Luna see's Blade covered in blood and makes sure the boy doesn't see it. ''Okay.'' She follows and they go back to the headquarters. She looks at the boy just as he looks up at Blade in blood and he turns and cries in her arms. She looks shocked and didn't know what to do but she just strokes his head and murmurs words to calm him down.

more_horiz
As the hatch opened, Gavin was greeted with gunfire. "Give us the kid, we give you the bitch back." Said an M.R.D agent. Within the shadows, Gavin hid. Slowly moving, signaling Luna to follow the instructions. He'd take them out of this mess. "Heard us?" The fuckers obviously had Misty. Gavin wasn't gonna lay around waiting for her to die. Her life was worth millions to him. She was like a sister. A computer addicted sister. Blade patiently waited for Luna to act, sighing, but readying his gun.

more_horiz
Luna stares sadly at the boy knowing they were waiting for her to hand him over. ''Just stay calm..okay. Just walk over...I'm sorry if anything bad happens.'' She kisses the top of his head so he stays calm. ''Go...please.'' She speaks through gritted teeth and he rushes to the people holding guns. Misty means something to Blade so she needs to stay to safe. The boy reaches them and Luna pulls out her daggers, growling under her breath.

more_horiz
As the kid arrived at their side, Blade jumped over to Misty. As he grabbed her, the kid was shot in the head. His blood flew over to Luna. It was a disgusting experience, and Misty had also gotten pretty scared. Gavin left Misty, and shot several of the M.R.D Agents dead. Two were left, as Gav cut their guns of their hands with one of his katana's. He snapped one's head, and kicked the other one in the back. That same man fell, and Blade threw him over a counter, where he landed in front of Luna. "C'mon Luna...kill him. For the kid's sake." Yelled Gavin, picking up the kid's dead body, placing his jacket over the body.

more_horiz
Luna just froze at the shooting. No emotion. His sobbing and age ran through her head and she felt one emotion. Anger. She heard Blade kill the others and tell her to kill one herself. She looks at the guy who killed the boy with pure black eyes and he looks shocked at her. He mutters a few words and this causes Luna to slap him. ''What did you say?'' She shouts at him. ''Beautiful danger...'' He whispers so only she could hear and she grabs his head lifting him up, stabbing him in the chest and twisting the knife. He falls and looks at the boy's dead lifeless body. She wipes the blood off the knife on the man's clothes and walks over to Misty to see if she's okay. ''You alright Blade and Misty?'' She speaks out in a dull voice so different from her warm and comforting one.

more_horiz
"I'm fine." Said Blade. He placed the kid's body on the ground. He grabbed a shovel, placed there as one of the guns, due to it being made of titanium. It broke through the ground, as Gavin made a hole big enough for a 15 year old to be buried in. He placed the kid in it, wrapped around his jacket, and covered the hole yet again. "Let's go." Said Gavin, in his usual cold voice. This encounter had changed Luna. In ways, she would only now start to understand. Misty didn't say a word. She simply nodded, and made her way to the motorcycle. She placed on the helmet, and signaled for Gavin and Luna to leave. Gavin went to the bike as well, riding of the base. "C'mon Luna. Misty is gonna take away any evidence we were here." Gavin shouted, already off the H.Q.

more_horiz
Luna doesn't watch as the boy is buried and she gets on the spare motorcycle. She pulls on the helmet and hears the dead mans voice in her head. She shakes her head and listens to Blade shout. She speeds off the area and looks straight ahead and all she could see was all the people she fought with and her parents. They all called her a beautiful danger so having that man call her the same caused the darkness she felt years ago re-surface. She just stared. That's all she could do. She let the numb part of herself take control whilst she got surrounded by her memories. Big mistake. Her eyes changed like different animals and the fur on her hands got darker and darker. She let her mind go to a human's and she turns back into her normal self. She sighs and doesn't let her mind go back to her thoughts.

more_horiz
Misty pressed a button as the H.Q was exploded. "Follow me Luna. I'm getting you to Xavier's." Gavin wanted to be sure she was alright. Having her checked out by Mr. Andrews wouldn't hurt. It would help really. Blade looked back, as the base was in fire. He stepped on his bike, and made his way into the high way. "I'ts closer this way Luna! Let's move." He said, turning back at Luna. Entering the highway to New York.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum