X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

'O, say can you see?' (R)

descriptionComplete'O, say can you see?' (R)

more_horiz
Quaint walls of red brick skirted a straight road lined with parked cars. The sound of a live band playing from the terrace reverberated in heartbeat rhythm from nearly half a block away. This was going to be one serious party.
A hot summer day had turned into a warm night, and above the flickering city lights, the sky was dark and gray. Cloud to cloud lightning sparked in the dark purple overcast; nature staging a grand spectacle of its own. Though not a drop of rain would fall.

Laughter and boisterous conversation spilled out of the high rise into the sidewalk. People lingered in the door, greeting each other and exchanging introductions warmly. The scent of pina coladas lingering on the air-conditioned breeze from the apartment doors drew a diverse flock of people, dressed in their sexy nightclub wear along with a few in swimming suits. They were lured in and welcomed by a smiling Charlie's Angels trio of girls in skin-tight black who were asking for names and the source of your invitation.

Last edited by Kelly Andre Sharp on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: 'O, say can you see?' (R)

more_horiz
Peter received an invitation in a mail and wondered if Loika did as well. "Hey babe," said Peter as he was opening the envelope and flipping open the card, while walking up the steps to his room. Stopping halfway on the hallway, Peter read:

Feel free to show up if you know anyone that's going, or you feel like there's nothing better to do with the night of the 3rd, and the early morning of the 4th. 
There will be fireworks :)

o yeah. you can expect to have a hangover tomorrow

Great, just what Loika needed. But it was 4th of July so he was going to go regardless. Jason would never approve of this, but Peter didn't care. He was going to go. "Hey, Loika." called Peter again, remembering what he was going to say the first time. "Errr...hey there is an invitation from Kas to his party." Peter then approached the door and entered without knocking. "There will be drinks..."

more_horiz
The girls were off getting into some kind of mischief and Loika and taken the free time to doze off. She was snoozing when she heard Peter talking to her. She pushed herself up onto her arms and looked at him sleepily with a smile. Her hair was slightly tousled. " Ooooo that sounds fun. I want to go.I Havent seen Kas and Eve in forever." She rubbed her eyes and yawned. " Ya know hun, i was drinking well before you came along and i did just fine."

more_horiz
Luna opens the door of her room in the institute and frowns as a piece of paper in an envelope was on the floor. She picks it up and sees every room has one. She reads it and smiles.
Invitation
Party time

Feel free to show up if you know anyone that's going, or you feel like there's nothing better to do with the night of the 3rd, and the early morning of the 4th. 
There will be fireworks :)

o yeah. you can expect to have a hangover tomorrow

She grins and goes back into her room, picking out a dark purple dress, hanging it on the wall. She walks out again and sits in the garden for a long while. It became darker and Luna rushes to her room, putting on the dress and military boots. She ruffles her hair and puts in make up going to her mustang. She slides in and sets off, using the invitations scent to find the place. She arrives and parks the car somewhere safe, walking to the door. Her dress reached a little longer than mid-thigh and showed her curves well. She shows her invitation to the charlies Angels grinning. She walks in and she gets hit by the smell of pina coladas. She has drunken loads before and knows she's probably going to be questioned a bit and if she did, she'd just give them a long story about her past where they'd get bored and walk away to the deepest part of the party. It's happened many times before. She smiles and looks for people she knows, sipping a pina colada, grinning at the taste. She can drink loads and not get drunk which is fantastic because she plans to drink a lot. She looks around with bright blue eyes surrounded by the kohl around her eyes. She's living up to her fighter nickname for sure. She puts her elbows in the bar and leans staring. Her leather jacket tight around her body.

more_horiz
Peter looked at Loika, she was sleepy. "This time I am driving to there myself.  Hate New York's cab system. If we ever take another cab anywhere, I will shoot myself." said Peter annoyingly. He dropped the invitation on the bed and then began to take off toward the door. "I didn't say you can't drink, just saying don't abuse it. Just 'cause you are immortal, don't mean you can't get drunk. Oh and you should see youself sometime when you are drunk." Peter shook his head. 'It ain't pretty, believe me." he opened the door. "Where's Katt and Mackie?"

Not waiting for reply, Peter stuck his head out of the door and yelled. "I AM DRIVING TO KAS' PARTY. ANYONE WHO WANTS A RIDE, BETTER HURRY THE HELL UP!" then he closed the door and looked at Loika, waiting for answer to his previous question.

more_horiz
Loika giggled at Peter's description of the cab system. She personally could walk anywhere and it wouldnt tire her. She got out of bed gracefully and pranced over to Peter and pulled him back into the room. She planted a sweet kiss on his lips and roughed up his hair. " The girls I believe i playing in the garden."

She gave his hair a playful tug and danced out of his reach before he could grab her. " You hush up. Im ALWAYS pretty." She stuck her tongue out at him and stepped into the closet. " Ill be ready in a few minutes babe." She called out of the closet.

She stepped out of the closet almost 10 minutes later dressed cutely. She faked a model pose and made a face at Peter. " How do i look? acceptable?"

more_horiz
Evelyn couldn't believe she was really going to go to that party.Though she had to admit that whenever she and Kas got into a heated argument,he always ended up being the winner,somehow.Yes,it got on her nerves sometimes since she hated losing,but she couldn't deny him anything.So after having an almost screaming match,with her saying that she wouldn't come when looking like a cow,and him trying to reason it out,telling her that she would look simply gorgeous,she ended up getting ready to meet him at that party.It was a nice way to spend some time together after everything.She just needed some time alone with him and their friends.She had missed everyone.Even that jerk face,Peter.There was nothing wrong with the guy;she simply didn't like him;and he didn't like her either.But she was at least trying,for Loika'a happiness.

After getting dressed into a nice  outfit that made her belly stand out in a cute way,-instead of making her look like a fat pregnant woman-,she finished applying her makeup and looked herself in the mirror,sighing at the image of herself.She looked so young.She had turned eighteen a couple of months ago.She had her whole life in front of her,yet here she was,five moths pregnant to a baby boy.And surprisingly,she liked it.She was finally loved,and accepted.And she loved it.

Looking around,she found her invitation and placed it in her small handbag,before putting on her heels and walking out of her small yet cozy cottage,where a taxi was waiting to give her a ride.Kas didn't allow her to ride her motorcycle anymore,and he had made sure that she wouldn't anytime soon either.She still wondered where he had found so many chains..
As soon as she sat inside the taxi,she kicked off her heels already,knowing that she would probably walk around barefoot with her heels in hand,since she wouldn't last much while wearing heels,now that she was pregnant.She was getting tired very easily.

As soon as she reached the place,she handed the driver his money,before slipping on her shoes once again,and getting out of the car,making her way over to the girls standing there,looking at her expectantly.Evelyn was confused for a moment,before it registered in her mind.A small 'Oh' left her lips as she handed them her invitation."Evelyn Fireheart.Guess I am one of the first people on the list?"
A smiled appeared on her lips and the girls nodded at the same time,nodding for her to go on.Smiling wider,she slipped inside,getting-almost instantly-a headache.The music was loud,and people were dancing,so she just decided to go to the bar and drink..something,before Kas appeared and slapped the drink out of her hands.He had gotten very protective.Maybe a little too protective.But it was sweet.

As she reached the bar,she smiled at the man behind the counter,before ordering something with a small amount o alcohol.She waited for her drink,looking around to see if Kas had appeared.She knew that he would probably sneak up on her and take the glass away just as she was about to sip some,but she liked taking a risk.

more_horiz
"Well, come on then" said Peter, smiling. It was fourth of July, Peter planned on drinking but he didn't really like sour or spicy tasting things. Alcohol was no chocolate milk, it didn't taste sweet enough to be called shake.

Peter was kissed and as he leaned closer she walked away, leaving Peter nearly falling down. Oh, man. Then she walked out of the closet in her red polka dot dress. "It don't have to be acceptable, we are only going to Kas' party, not White House dinner." said Peter. "But you look stunning as ALWAYS."

more_horiz
Loika walked back over to him. she could be such a horrible tease sometimes. She kissed him lightly on the lips and then along his cheek. " I love your goofy humor. One of the many... many things i love about you." she whispered in his ear. She then grabbed his hand and pulled. " Cmooooon lets goooooo we are gunna be late!"

more_horiz
The metropolitan West Village penthouse looked over the Hudson river and Hoboken on the opposite shore, and was almost walking distance from Hudson Square. Parks, theaters, and Greek Revival archetecture surrounded the once-tranquil urban high rise.
Those certain few with the right invite were directed by the black leather trio at the front door to get in the elevator, and take it to the top.

Music thrummed at a steady rythm in the background. Inside was sheilded with an invisible dampening field. The extreme high-end penthouse seemed almost peaceful compared to the rest of the building. Especially considering the band was playing directly outside on the roof, haphazardly close to the swimming pool.

Waiting there at the top of the elevator's slow ascent was a stylish designer lounge area, complete with a bar separating it from the kitchen, which was also equipped with all the latest in modern conveniences.

Their private bartender was a blonde female with eyes such a pale hue of electric blue, they were nearly white. Much of her bronzed tan decorated with many tattoos was displayed. A high-cut pair of jean shorts with a white string bikini held to her meager yet girlish figure as she danced behind the bar, to the other two ladies that had recently entered.

A delicate hand set a shot glass down on the bar. The other flipped a bottle in the air, and caught it in such a position that she only had twitch her wrist to stop the chilled liquid pouring from the bottle once the tiny glass was full.
She smiled as she added the juice of a lime slice to the shot, and set it down in front of Luna.
"Welcome."

Then the girl moved to Evelyn, smiling a little more as she set something else before Ms. Fireheart. A virgin strawberry daiquiri. 
Either she was a horrible bartender, or she had been informed.

Waving as they walked together to the elevator, the few others in the penthouse left. 
Dancing away from the bar, the short blonde girl continued to smile.

"I'm Amp. Call me if you need more! Everyone else will be arriving soon!"
She spun once in her fluid movement toward the open glass door that lead out to the rooftop pool, then Luna and Eve were alone.

more_horiz
Natasha walked into the party dressed casually . She didnt really know anyone but she had an invitation. She surveyed the party and it seemed to be pretty cool. Maybe this was her chance to mingle and make some friends. She was stuck in this time and it was time to make the best of it. She went up to the bar and showed the cute little bar tender her ID. " Please, Green Label vodka. In your country you may call it Green Mark. If you do not have it then please Putinka vodka."

more_horiz
Evelyn was staring no where in particular,until a drink was set in front of her,and she turned to see something that made her face drop.She looked from the girl behind the bar,to the drink,and back again,an unbelievable look on her face.She couldn't believe him.Had he even made sure that the bartender would not give her alcohol,even if she begged?"He is fucking unbelievable..",she  mumbled to herself,always referring to Kas,of course.He was born to make her life a living hell,she was sure.And she couldn't hide the fact that she liked it,even though she would never admit that to him,or anyone else for that matter.

Evelyn looked at Amp leaving,and she quickly grabbed her drink,following her.She reached her just before she walked out to the rooftop,and span her around softly,a smirk playing on her lips.She knew that the woman probably knew where Kas was,and she wanted to know,so she could ask him about the drink,herself."Where is he?And I am sure you know damn well who I mean.."Evelyn didn't bother stating out his name,as the smirk never left her lips.Her drink had become a game,as she was playing with the glass between her fingers,waiting for an answer.

more_horiz
Before the blonde waltzed away, she recognised one of the names Natasha gave, and produced a silver and green bottle and a shotglass beside it.
Amp was stopped by a hand on her shoulder that turned her around. She quickly shoved it away, stepping back.

"Chill out."  She was a bit surprised by Eve, blinking her wide pale eyes. Though Amp recovered and was quickly smiling again. "He said that he was going to check if the 'guest of honor' showed yet." The girl wasn't offput by Evelyn's intimidating smirk. Rather, she smiled back, and sweetly said
"Kas-hole will be right back."

more_horiz
Natasha was very happy to know that they had her favorite vodka. She was only 19 but in her country most people were drinking way before that. She had been allowed to taste vodka as a young girl. Funny thing. There wasnt much of a taste to it. She took a shot of it and set the shot glass down. She had hoped Nolan was going to meet her here... looked like he had better things to do.

more_horiz
Luna thanks the woman who have her the drink and takes a sip loving the way the alcohol warmed her up. She taps her fingers against the bar to the beat of the song and she fights the urge to sing. She listens to a woman talking about the drink and she frowns. Is there something wrong with them? She looks at the glass and shrugs, drinking it all and placing it on the bar. She walks into the crowd and dances wishing Achilles was there but she highly doubted he would come to a busy place. She just dances and sways to the music with random people.

more_horiz
Peter didn't even had a chance to kiss Loika back as he was hauled out the door. "Alright, take it easy woman. I ain't made out of adamantium," whined Peter as he was raced to the car. He didn't see anyone outside on hallways, which most likely meant no one needed a ride to the part. Whatever. Peter approached the garage and looked around. There sat, Jason's exotic car, it was his most precious thing, next to his students. A smirk appeared on Peter's face. He was going to take it.

Sliding into the car, Peter closed the doors and started the engine, pulling out of the garage fast enough so he wouldn't be stopped by anyone, especially Jason. Then, he made his way to Kas' party. "Hope Kas' party doesn't suck." said Peter, as he checked his mirrors.

more_horiz
Loika for once didnt complain about Peter doing something foolish. She was learning. Sometimes Peter just needed to be able to let loose. Her nagging wouldnt get them anywhere. She hopped into the passenger seat. She giggled when he went fast. She could probably keep up with it in wolf form.

At the party she hopped out and skipped ahead of Peter. She hadnt seen Eve in forever. After getting inside the party she looked around anxiously. She was going to give up hope until she saw Eve verbally assaulting a bartender. She grinned and trotted up behind Eve. She hugged her from behind and laid a big kiss on her cheek. " Heeeeey baby momma miss meeeee?" She teased playfully.

more_horiz
Evelyn was slightly taken aback at the woman's reaction,but she recovered and nodded at her as she said that Kas would be back soon.Though what caught her attention,was the 'special guest' she mentioned.What the hell was Kas up to?Who was that 'special guest',and why did he have to be here?
A million questions were running through her mind,as she was trying to understand who was that guest.Had she met him before?And if she had,he had to be close to Kas.And she knew one particular person that was too close to him.Terribly close."Oh he better not bring Jonas...",she mumbled to herself.

Though she was soon shaken out of her thoughts when arms were wrapped around her form,and a big kiss was placed on her cheek,followed by the sweet voice of her best friend.Oh how she had missed Loika.They hadn't seen each other for so long,and she couldn't wait to catch up with her again.Turning around quickly,she wrapped her arms around Loika and hugged her to her tightly,feeling tears in her eyes,for some reason."Are you fucking kidding me?Miss you?!I was dead without you!"Evelyn pulled back and looked at Loika,before hugging her again."Don't leave me ever again."

more_horiz
Loika rolled her eyes and gave ber best friend another squeeze and spoke with her normal sarcasm. " Yes babe i will get right on that. I will inform all of my exes that if they are going to kidnap me they need to have me back before curfew or else Eve is gunna whoop me." She grinned and gave Eve's baby bump a little rub. " Look at you mommy. You look great. You got that mother's glow goin on. I got some news too."

She looked back at Peter and grinned before leaning in close to Eve's ear and whispering. " I'm in engaged, and we are adopting Katt." She stepped back to gauge eve's reaction.

more_horiz
Nolan was casually walking around the mansion. The mansion had seemed empty since earlier that day. He didn't mind the quiet at first, but eventually he started to wonder where everyone had gone. He was walking through the kitchen when a piece of paper posted on one of the refrigerators caught his attention. It was an invitation for a party. It invited X-student, which would explain why there was so little activity going on in the house. He wondered why he didn't get one, maybe he was too new to have a mailbox yet. He took the invitation to a computer room and found a printer that doubled as a copier. He made a copy before teleporting back to the fridge to put the original back on the fridge. Then he teleported to his room and picked out something for the party. 

A short while later Nolan showed up a little late but still there all the same. It sounded like the party was going to be going for a while so he wasn't to worried. He was wearing some dark boot-cut jeans, A white t-shirt with a black design, and a blue and black vertically striped short sleeve Hawaiian shirt overtop the t-shirt, all finished up with a pair of brown work boots. He scanned the place when he entered, noting those present. He walked over to the bar "Cherry coke." He said, since he wasn't of legal age. "Thanks." he said to the girl behind the bar for the soda before turning and looking for someone to either talk to or introduce himself to.

more_horiz
Natasha threw back her third shot of whiskey when she heard a familiar voice. Her cheeks were already warm from the vodka and she could feel them getting warming with blush. She set down her shot glass on the counter and waved the girl for another. She decided to play it cool. When the bartender handed her the new shot she smirked. " Fancy meeting you here Nolan. having good time?"

more_horiz
Peter looked around and sighted. "This is going to be a long night," he  muttered to himself as he left Loika to go and get a drink. Loika seemed too busy socializing, so Peter wasn't going to disrupt her. He begun to see many X-Students  here and it was getting a bit awkward. "I'll take a beer," said Peter, without turning to look at the woman behind a counter.
"Can I see your driving license, sir" said woman.
"Say what?" Peter turned to look at her now.
"Your license--can I see it?"
"Oh so now you want to see my license? Is that it!"
"Its just a regular procedure."
"Procedure my ass. Just give me a fucking beer!" shouted Peter.
Peter was already ticked off, he didn't need another person annoying him. The woman starred at Peter, without moving. Suddenly the metal around her bar began to bend.
"NOW!" growled Peter.

The woman handed Peter a beer and he walked to sit somewhere else.

more_horiz
Eve was so happy to have Loika and her sarcasm back.Oh how much she had missed all her teasing and hugs.She couldn't believe she was finally here!
Laughing at her comment,she gave her a small wink,before smiling as Loika rubbed her now visible belly.She was in her fifth month now,and her belly had started to get a lot bigger and more visible,which made her feel like a cow.But she was thinking that on the bright side,she would be having her baby now,so she had to be patient and get used to looking like a cow."I still can't believe I will be having a baby...and guess what.It's a boy."She shot Loika another wink,before listening carefully at her with interest.What news could she have?

" I'm in engaged, and we are adopting Katt."

Eve's eyes widened and started screaming like a crazy woman,before pulling Loika in another hug.She felt so happy for her best friend,yet,she kind of was a little jealous to.What girl wouldn't?
"Congratulations!I am so happy for you!Look at you!You are going to get married!!!"Evelyn wanted to jump happily along with Loika,but she knew this wasn't the place,or the time to do that,since it would be bad for the baby.She didn't want it to think it's a ball.
"Okay,I have to admit I am jealous.So you better invite me to the wedding!"

more_horiz
" I felt the same was as you when i was pregnant with Mackie. Just wait till you feel him kicking. Its crazy weird the first time. I'm pretty sure all i ever did while pregnant was rub my tummy. I still catch myself doing it every once in a while." She gave Eve's tummy another rub. " Im so happy for you Eve, is Kas excited about having a son?" 

Loika's sensitive wolf hearing made her wince when Eve started screaming but she was happy that Eve was happy. She knew Eve hated Peter with a passion. She wasnt sure why but as long as Eve was happy now she wouldnt fight it. " Of course you are invited. I need someone to be my maid of honor. And dont argue with me or give me the excuse that you are pregnant. You will look great."

She gave her friend a hug and then looked up like she was listening to something. " Hey babe ill catch you a bit later, my caveman is having some troubles." She planted a kiss on Eve's cheek and trotted off through the crowd. She found Peter and he seemed to be sulking at a table.

She put her hands on her hips and smiled. " Why so serious love? I just had to say hello to Eve real quick. I havent seen her in ages." She walked over to Peter and ran her fingers through his hair. She could feel his agitation but she couldnt tell where it was coming from. She promptly sat on his lap and took his face in her hands so that he looked her in the eyes. " Whats wrong babe? What has you all in a tizzy?" Her big blue eyes were full of concern.

more_horiz
Nolan looked down the bar after being addressed by Natasha. It was a greeting, but something about it, maybe the atmosphere of being surrounded by alcohol, maybe the way she said it, made him feel like he was in a scene of a James Bond movie. He shook off the thought, and then she asked him if he was having a good time. " Haven't been here long enough to judge." He replied.  His attention was taken to another guy at the bar who seemed to really want a beer no questions asked. He noticed the metal around the area begin to rattle and bend. "So." He said before turning back to Natasha. " Are you having a good time?" He asked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum