X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

'O, say can you see?' (R)

descriptionCompleteRe: 'O, say can you see?' (R)

more_horiz
Drinking his beer, Peter was still feeling agitated. He didn't know hat was making him this way. Maybe it was being at the party and having all these people around him. Peter felt out of place, as if he didn't belong here in the first place. But he couldn't leave, he was trapped. Looking up, Peter saw Loika approaching him. He faked a small smile for her, to reassure her everything was fine. "Nothing the matter, just drinking my beer." he said with enthusiasm. He knew how much of party animal Loika was, and ruining it for her would not be a good idea.

"So, how's Evelyn doing?" asked Peter, looking in her direction. "Damn, she's got fat, dude!"

more_horiz
After putting Evelyn's questions to rest, April occupied the doorway, lighting up a cigarette.
She watched the small crowd and noticed the other bartender leave to sulk on one of the sofas.
Amp looked out at the pool and the band as she exhaled a billow of smoke, and sighed.
Finishing what she wanted of the cigarette, April flicked it into the swimming pool and strolled back to the bar.

Moving to the beat of the muffled metal band outside, the brunette lined up a dozen shotglasses and filled them each from a flat-shaped bottle with a long neck and silver leaves on the sides. Amp set ten of them on the bar for anyone to take. Then the carefree teenager strutted away with one shot in each hand for herself, determined to make it outside unhindered.

Out of nowhere, a cloud of smoke curtained the doorway. It pulled itself together into a human shape, and stepped inside. 

"Hey, thanks!"
Shifting from incorpereal to a normal human form, a tall blue-eyed blonde guy plucked both glasses from Amp's unsuspecting hands.

"Asshole!" April retorted lewdly, continuing on to the outdoor pool and jumping straight in.

more_horiz
Natasha shrugged and rolled the shotglass around in her hands. Aside from her age bending powers she also had powers very similar to gambit. The glass was starting to glow pink in her hands. " am surrounded by people who want nothing to do with me and i drink vodka many times. JUST LIKE HOME IN RUSSIA!" She exclaimed the last part and burst out laughing. She was no where near drunk but buzzed enough to start loosening up.

more_horiz
" Babe i was born at night but i wasnt born last night. Besides i can smell your agitation and you almost remodeled the bar back there. Talk to me whats wrong." She was still sitting on his lap. She hadnt even ordered a drink yet. She stroked his cheek with her hand softly. The only thing she loved more than him was Mackenzie. She was concerned for him so for now she would let the fat comment slide. Instead she laid her head on his chest and sighed.

more_horiz
Faking another smile for Loika, he took a drink of his beer. "I am fine, really." said Peter, turning to look at Loika again. He kept looking at her eyes. Pretty eyes. "The bitch behind the counter wanted to see my license. For fuck sake's it's a party!" said Peter, annoyed that he was asked that. "I don't know, I just don't feel like it's all that great of a party really. I might have to leave early. But don't worry about me, I'll be alright."

more_horiz
Loika kisses his forehead and rested her head on him again. She took his beer and took a drink from it before she handed it back to him. " I only wanted to see Eve and i did that. I dont need to stay. Maybe we can sneak a bottle of something from the bar and have our own party..." She smirked at her own suggestion. She wasnt a fan of large crowds of people. She had only come for Peter and Eve. And as much as she loved Eve she loved Peter more.

more_horiz
"See, that's what I am worried about. I don't want you to leave because of me. You don't have to try and make it up to me. I am going to be alright, I promise." said Peter, as his beer was taken from his hands and Loika's lips touched it. After everything they have ever done, he was not going to object to her drinking his beer. "Stay and enjoy the party, don't worry about me." said Peter as he kissed her back and smiled, trying to reassure her that he was indeed going to be alright.

more_horiz
Loika gave him her signature stubborn look. " You know i dont do anything i dont wanna do. When have you every been able to influence anything i have ever done? If i say im okay leaving im okay leaving." She let out a huff. He was the only person who could make her laugh, cry, and be all in a tizzy and still live to tell the tale. It bugged her that he was being a stubborn ass but she was genuinely worried about him.

more_horiz
Nolan listened to Natasha speak as he leaned back against the bar looking at all of the people. "Mhm." he said when Natasha had finished her statement. He was watching different events happen around the party. A couple talking over here, a group laughing over there, a girl getting her drink stolen, The smell of smoke somewhere, the sound of glasses being tinkered around the bar, the splash of someone going into the pool. Keeping tabs on many things going on. Then he snapped back out of his trance of checking everything over. " Never lived anywhere else besides the US" He told Natasha. " So I haven't really been allowed to consume alcohol, aside from a sip here or there." He said moving his hand to his chin and looking back out at the party.

more_horiz
She held out a shot of the vodka for him and winked. " Natasha wont tell if you wont. Try the drink. I warn though. It is very strong." She knew from his appearance he looked tough but she wanted to see if Nolan could handle such a strong drink. Most people coughed when they first tried it. She had even seen people throw up before. Either way it was always entertaining.

more_horiz
When offered the shot, Nolan hesitated a little bit staring at it with a hand in mid-air. He reached out and took the shot glass from Natasha's hand. " I blame you if anything bad happens." He said. "Happy Fourth." He said raising the shot glass before tossing the drink back. He let the liquid go down his throat quickly before setting the glass down on the bar. He forgot that his heightened sense of taste would increase that slight burn that alcohol gave when it went down. He cleared his throat. " Not bad." He said with a little rasp in his voice. he cleared his throat again. "Of the alcohol I've tried, I still think I like rum better." he said his voice more normal.

more_horiz
Natasha giggled when his voice changed. " You handle well, ja. Maybe you are Russian?" She jokes and playfully patted him on the back. Tonight was turning out to be alright after all. She was really glad Nolan showed up. " Never drank rum. Only Vodka." She said when she was able to control her laughter.

more_horiz
After downing one of the two shots he 'rescued', Kas smirked as he looked around the room. It was time to really start this party..

He walked past Loika as she tried to reassure her soon-to-be husband that they could leave anytime he wanted.
"Ditchin' on me? Oh, but I think you'll want to stick around!" The blonde chirped, moving by without further explaination to take his place at Evelyn's side.
He smiled that devious smile which said he was definately up to something.

"LISTEN UP!"
Once he was sure he had everyone's attention, he proceeded to tell everyone that wasn't invited by him to leave. A small number still dancing left, and then there was no one but the mutants of the Brotherhood and Xavier's left.

"In around thirty minutes, someone familiar to a few of you.. some more than others.. will be arriving to find his high-dollar penthouse full of drunken teenagers." Namely, all of them.
"I invited you all here because its time to reset a balance. Your lives were invaded, and some of the things that were taken can never be replaced- but it's time for the responsible person to face fate. He may not be the person that directly hurt some of you,' Kas glanced at Loika then 'but he was likely the one who supplied the information and materials that lead to the making of many nightmares."

By the looks of things in Neverland, Kas could only assume his cousin; the expert interrogator, had some hand in helping the man who terrorized his friends and family. That man had been punished already; but Jonas conveniently fled the country after getting what he wanted out of the deal.
In twenty minutes, his flight was due to land in New York City, and that rat bastard would make his way here to join his party guests- unaware a few more had been invited.

"Okay, let's do what we're here for! I would like to see how much we can all trash this place in half an hour."
If it wasn't obvious by now, Kas took the idea of vengence seriously, at least enough to hatch this crazy scheme of his. The wild party? That was just his own personal touch. Now, to relax, and watch it all unfold.

more_horiz
Peter was about to teleport out as Kas began to speak. He listened carefully, not interupting. By the end of his speech, Peter was shocked. No wonder he didn't feel at home around here. This wasn't a party this was a revenge act. Peter was not going to stand for that. He had to get out, it wasn't his fight and he wanted nothing to do with it.
"Loika, I don't know if you want to stay for this insane "party", but I am getting out." said Peter as he looked at his soon-to-be wife. "I am not here to kick anyone's ass or tell anyone what to do. For god's sakes it's not even his place. So, are you coming or not?"

more_horiz
Loika took a drink of the beer as Kas spoke. She was disgusted. She stood up and started for the door, making a cute little angry stop in her wedges when Peter suggested they leave. She trotted back to him and wrapped her arms around him. As much as she hated teleporting she wanted to go. She nodded. " Lets go have our own little party hun. I am not okay with this."

more_horiz
Before Peter could teleport out, he slipped out of Loika's grasp and teleported to the bar where he grabbed four bottles of beer, then he teleported to the food table and grabbed, chips, pretzels, some chicken and teleported back to Loika. He let her hold some of the items as he looked at Kas with disappointed face, "I thought you were better than that Kas. I didn't think you sunk that low, to the level of crazy mutants. Thanks for the party, it was good." said Peter as he teleported out without waiting for Kas' reply or anyone else's for that matter. They will just have to celebrate fourth of July on their own.

Peter appeared on a hill that overlooked the Statue of Liberty and the ocean bellow. It was a perfect view for firework display. He let go of Loika as he sat some of the stuff down, before plummeting down himself. "Well, I guess it's just us now."

more_horiz
Loika plopped down on the grass with him and shook her head. She seemed to be deep in thought. " I just dont understand what happened back there... I dont think Eve knew. I hope she's alright. I mean of course she is shes a grown woman i can watch her all the time She-" Loika quickly closed her mouth when she realized she was blabbering on like she did when she was anxious. " Id take alone time with you over a party any day." She smiled and took one of the beers as she kicked off her shoes. This was actually nice.

more_horiz
Nolan felt the party's mood completely change after an announcement was made that they were supposed to trash the place. He kept getting a bad feeling about the situation that kept getting worse and worse in side his mind. His brain was telling him to get the hell out. He turned to Natasha. "Hey, how about we get out of here? You can bring the vodka." He said reaching down and taking her hand. He was really hoping she'd say yes, but even if she said no he was probably going to take them away. He didn't want her mixed up in all of this. He didn't know if teleporting would make her nauseous or not. After waiting for an answer, he teleported bringing her along.

more_horiz
Natasha grabbed the bottle right before Nolan teleported them. She liked it. It left a tickling sensation in her tummy. She had never been on a roller coaster but she imagined it was a similar effect. She set the bottle down. " That was... what is word. Surprise twist? Did i use right phrase?"

more_horiz
(K... Guess I should just close the thread and call it good. Either no one is staying or not posting.
o well.. I tried. Happy f-ing fourth of july..)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum