X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Limited Space (open)

descriptionCompleteLimited Space (open)

more_horiz
There are only so many places a person can go where no one can see her, and Times Square usually isn't one of those places. However, in the case of Alice Rift, options are limited to spaces with bright lights and fewer shadows to give her away.

Tonight, well, it would have to be Times Square. She'd only been in New York for a few days, not even adding up to a week yet. Already she found herself missing home, but not enough to leave and try to get back. Denver was nice, yes, but not quite as nice as New York.

Alice's current objective was to find a building that she could get to the top of without being viewed as suspicious, as she really didn't have anything better to do right now. Aside from deflect the hand that was reaching out for her, of course.

descriptionCompleteRe: Limited Space (open)

more_horiz
Luka was in a alley levitating cars and slamming them down causing alarms to go off. With his telekinesis he could simply turn the keyhole and stop the alarms. The cars went high into the air and slammed. "This is fun!" He said when 7 street thugs surrounded him. Their weapons were in a variety. He saw Tire irons, baseball bats, pistols and bare fists. Seven against one seemed like a challenge but it wasnt. His eyes faded black and 2 cars slid fast towards 3 thugs and instantly knocked them uncounsious. A thug attempted at slamming a baseball bat on Luka and the baseball bat stopped in its tracks and floated from his hands and slammed him down in the face. The other three thugs dropped their weapons and yelled "freak!" He sighed and his eyes turned brown. He looked back to see people staring and running. He didn't care.

more_horiz
"What are you doing?" Alice asked, observing the chaos the boy had created. He was a mutant, no questions, like her, but not. He seemed to be the mischievous kind, or at least the one that obsessed over displaying masculine prowess. She rolled her eyes, then waited for the answer.

As she did so, however, she caught a faint gleam off of the car windows, as well as a faint glow from the wall beside her. It was too dark, she realized, and her skin was glowing to compensate. It was probably the most irritating mutation, she thought. It didn't cause problems intentionally, because it wasn't an intentional thing at all. It just... happened, and there was no hiding it from the telekinetic boy standing before her.

more_horiz
Luka turned around laughing "Im just having fun missy. What are you? Doing?" He said. She wasn't a cop. No. He got arrested for being out after curfew waaay too much to get dragged back to the institute. He levitated a tire iron behind his back in case he had to fight. He didnt want to get killed haha. Nobody would miss him probably.

more_horiz
"Don't call me 'missy.' It's a stupid word unless it's short for Melissa. Would you put that down? You're hardly threatening, and there's not much you can do with a damned tire iron anyway. And yes I can see it," Alice demanded. She leaned against the wall, ignoring the faint glowing, as it appeared to be that the boy didn't notice it. It didn't matter, really. They were both mutants anyway. "By the way I'd like to understand your definition of fun, boy. What's your name?"

more_horiz
He smirked "Sure, Sure." The tire iron shot at her jokingly and fell in its tracks. "You wouldn't under stand my fun. Im Luka." A bunch of scrap metal flew out the dumpster behind him and made a makeshift chair and he sat on it. Then more pieces flew out and made a chair floating in the air "Would you like a seat?"

more_horiz
"I'm content with standing, but for the sake of formalities I'll sit," Alice replied, taking the seat. She flipped it backwards so she could straddle it and still face the other mutant. As the location of the chair required her to move further into the darkness, she noticed that the glowing of her skin was becoming more obvious, and now it was really an impossible task to try to hide it, should she attempt to do so.

more_horiz
"Well Jeez" said a voice from up above on the roof sitting against the bilboard at the edge of the building nearest to Alice. "Aren't we a nifty little group." Nolan said turning to sit with his legs hanging over the building and leaning over the edge looking down, his face illuminated slightly by Alice's glowing. He looked at the two studying them both with his heightened sight. He sat quietly, moving the toothpick in his mouth from one side to the other rolling it along his top teeth.

more_horiz
Luka smiled at her when she sat down. He noticed her start to glow. "So you're a mu-" he said as he was stopped in his tracks when a guy looked over them and commented on the group "and who exactly are you?" He said when his eyes turned black again and the man floated off the roof and Luka gently let him down with his telekinesis.

more_horiz
Nolan dusted himself off after setting his feet back on the ground after being lifted telekinetically Luka. "You show your powers to everything that moves?" Nolan said teasingly, pushing his toothpick to the right corner of his mouth. "could have gotten down myself." he told him. "Anyway, name's Fletch, Nolan Fletch. A.K.A: Hoodwink."  He said answering the question of who he was. " And I'd heard your name." He said pointing to Luka. "But I'd love to know her's as well." He said twirling his fingers in the air before pointing over to Alice.

more_horiz
"Alice," she replied, squinting suspiciously at the new arrival. She was sure that, provided there were no surprises along the way, she could very easily get to like this Nolan fellow. That's what kept her amused smirk going. "People call me Firefly, though. Nice to meet you. Luka get him a chair or something too, since you won't let him sit on the roof."

more_horiz
Luka smiled "My Pleasure" then a few pieces of scrap metal flew out of the garbage can and formed a stool near Nolan. "I was once known as the telekinetic Magic Man in the mutant circus. It was a one time thing. I assume you two are mutants as well since you aren't running from me and the fact that she," He pointed to her "Is mysteriously glowing?" the scrap metal from his chair flew apart and made a table in front of Luka and he rested his elbows on top.

more_horiz
Rachel watched from the distance as the boy kept on flipping the cars. "Amateur," she muttered to herself. They were just kids, but Rachel wasn't going to be fooled that easily. For all I knew they could have been age-shifters, or shape-shifters like herself. She decided to go undercover.

Changing her usual outfit to jeans, t-shirt and a red cap, Rachel ran down the roof as if something was chasing her. But there was no one. She now had a look of a 15-year old and her name was Amy. She stopped at their little social circle as she placed her hands on her knees, whizzing out of breath. "Wow, those guys are crazy," she said to no one in particular.

more_horiz
The arrival of another girl instantly attracted Alice's attention. It felt like everyone was suddenly convening in the alleyway, and it would be very odd if this one wasn't a mutant.

"Who?" she asked, in response to the girl's statement. She was a tad bored, and wouldn't entirely mind beating someone up right now, if the opportunity presented itself.

In the meantime, she relocated her chair, so that her back was facing the wall instead of the majority of the group. The shadows on everyone's faces shifted with her, casting new features into light, as well as entirely illuminating the small girl that had just shown up.

more_horiz
Nolan took the scrap chair and sat on it cross legged. Facing the inside of the weird triangle this group had made. "I can see why some would call you that. I guess it's better than Glow-worm." he told Alice. He turned to Luka. "Your showmanship definitely seems to linger with you." He said. " I don't think the glowing is all that mysterious honestly." He said turning to Alice " There are animals in the world with bioluminescence who can make their bodies light up, such as the firefly. But the question is: Is it involuntary? or controlled?" He said.

Just as he got the last bit out, a new body came into the triangle. Nolan looked taking in details of the girl. He took a sniff. He could tell that she had that little scent of a mutant. "So what do you want us to do about it?" He asked rhetorically, hinting that it wasn't his or their problem at the moment. He glanced at Alice as she adjusted her seating arrangement, throwing shadows amongst the alley way as she moved.

more_horiz
Rachel stood up straight now. She studied them all as if she was contemplating on killing them all. But she wasn't going to hurt them at all. Maybe teach them few lessons about humanity and showing respect to others. The two which already have spoken, didn't make a good impression on Rachel and ended up sounding like idiots. But Rachel had patience of a lion, who would creep up slowly and then take down their prey.

Rachel turned around to look for someone, but no one was coming because there never was anyone chasing her in a first place. "Oh, good...I must have lost them already. Thank god." said Rachel as she looked at the other boy who spoke to her. He was obviosly sounded snobby as if he was looking for trouble with her, except it wasn't going to work on her. She'll just wait.
"I don't want you to do anything about the situation. It seems you would prove useless anyway." said Rachel casting a boy distasteful look.

more_horiz
"Use has many varying appearances, many deeper than the skin." He replied looking at the new girl who was now standing up straight, not paying much other attention to the light insult and negative body language coming from her. He could tell she was studying him just as he was studying her. He had no intention of starting anything, he'd rather get to know everyone around him at the moment.

more_horiz
"Well excuse me princess," Alice spat. The girl was downright rude, and if it hadn't been for her she wouldn't have half minded the present company. Stupid little kid, she thought to herself.

Turning to Nolan, she replied, "It's involuntary, but I think as a rule Firefly sounds better than Glowworm. I would certainly be interested in someone who thought otherwise, though, especially if they had my mutation and adopted that name. It's a very passive sounding word, you know? Fireflies don't do anything much either, but glowworms do less, as common presumption would suggest."

"Nothing is ever useless," she added as an afterthought, specifically directing it at the new girl. "You never said what your name was, by the way. Mine's Alice." The glowing girl's next goal was to set this meet-and-greet back on two feet instead of precariously balancing on one, mostly by trying to get the other girl to cooperate gently instead of being blatantly malicious and narcissistic. She didn't hold much hope, but anything was better than wandering the darkness alone again.

more_horiz
Luka let their argument erect when suddenly he heard a loud blaring noise and a smoke bomb fell in the alley. "M.R.D!" he yelled and the smoke bomb flew back to the end of the alley where the trucks rolled around from. "We have to go, we can make friendships and enemies later" A whole bunch of bricks swirled and made a temporary fortress from the trucks.

more_horiz
Alice's first thought was Won't that damage the buildings? before she realized that they really needed to go. A few leaps off the remaining wall structure got her on top of one of the roofs, where she waited to make sure everyone was able to get up. She didn't have anything against them yet, so she would have felt a little guilty just leaving them behind.

She waited a few seconds, staring hopelessly into the smoke screen below her, before calling to see if anyone was left down there.

more_horiz
Nolan had heard the sound of the smoke canisters being shot off nearby. Watching the sky for the canisters. "Yes. I believe it would be best if we relocate for now." Nolan said standing up from his scrap chair. He watched Alice leave before looking up to one of the buildings with the bright signs. He looked around once more before teleporting to the top of a glowing blue electric sign. He looked down at the alley where the smoke was starting to rise much thicker now. He could see Alice's glowing faintly from where he was. He waited a little before teleporting down by her as she called out. "Right here." he said. " Any sign of the others?"

more_horiz
Luka jumped up onto the roofs and looked for the others "Over here!" He called from on top of the buildings. They soon came to him. "Those guys are bad business. I don't know how they found us but I'm glad we got out before we inhaled in that smoke. They can silence your mutation and make you a human for a second." He looked back down to see the sprawling out looking for our bodies. When the saw none they walked out. Luka heard one of them saying "Area secure" before planting explosives and running out "shit"

more_horiz
"Does anyone know where that other girl is?" Alice called, trying to break through the veil with her eyes, even though she knew that it wasn't going to work.

She made her way towards the boys after watching for a few more minutes, just in time to catch the end of what Luka was saying. "You say that like it's the worst possible thing," Alice commented, frowning more than she'd wanted to. "It wouldn't matter for me. My skill sets don't come from my mutation. You know, we should all try to develop some skill set that doesn't involve our powers, just in case something like this does happen again and we aren't so lucky." It was just a thought, but it came easily to someone whose powers didn't help them to begin with, like Alice Rift. Watching the smoke dissipate below them only enhanced her determination to place the mutants on some sort of equal footing.

more_horiz
Nolan listened to Alice talk about developing non-power related skills. " I've been working on that." He said pulling out one of his kurambits, which unfolded as he drew it from his pockets.  " But right now, I think we should relocate to a different rooftop away from here." he said turning and walking slowly to the edge of the rooftop away from the smoke. He thought about the girl that was still down in the alley for a little bit. " Maybe we should wait a little longer and see if our fourth gets out." He said turning towards the smoke still a distance away from either edge.

more_horiz
Conveniently, the gas from the bombs was pushed back by a steady breeze. Except for a foggy cloud of white smoke which swirled in one spot for a moment.
As the spectators on the roof might begin to ask what the hell was happening, the mist concentrated into a human shape, and eventually the solid whole of a person stood there in the alley.
He knew there were others nearby, but he didn't so much as glance in the direction of Nolan and Alice. Walking toward the makeshift wall that was beginning to crack, he headed toward where the gas grenades were fired with a hint of a smirk.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum