X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

The Rescue ( R)

descriptionCompleteRe: The Rescue ( R)

more_horiz
Jason wasn't sure if he has seen it all right. Maybe it was just a fall, maybe Peter wasn't dead. But Loika already mutilated the perpetrator. Jason turned to see Kas talking to him. He closed his eyes and opened them again, everything was still the same. Somehow he hopped none of that was real, somehow Jason wished everything was just a dream and he could wake up soon.

"This isn't right.. Jason, you're not going to leave things this way."
Jason looked at Kas and staggered toward Peter's body. What could he possibly do to fix this. Time travelling wasn't as simple as it might looked to everyone else. A simple change in a past, and the whole future was shot to hell or at least some major events could happen where Jason wasn't going to be able to fix them.
"I can't fix this." said Jason softly as he knelt next to Peter's dead body. He seemed at peace. But deep inside, Jason knew that if Peter wasn't dead he would deal out some heavy vengeance and he wouldn't stop until someone died.

"A day, a few hours back in time; that would be all we need to fix this. Go back to this morning, call Loika and tell her to keep Mackenzie home from school.. Simple."
"Going back in time isn't as simple. I can't risk the present and the future by altering the past. Time wasn't meant to be altered, the fact that I can do that's--complicated! I can't...I just can't." Jason was becoming weak- minded now. "Believe me Kas, I would change today in a heartbeat if I could. But I would be killing millions--billions of people and that's not fair to them."

more_horiz
"You're fucking kidding me, right?"
Kas watched as Loika ran, torn on what to do. He still felt as if none of this was actually real. Peter couldn't have been shot. They couldn't have beat his sassy little neice to death.
But it was beginning to strike home. A feeling of frustration. Knowing he should have protected his friends like he promised to. Wondering if his own family would visit this horror next.

"How is it going to kill millions if we just go back and keep one little girl safe?"
Though he could imagine, Kas wasn't going to try and compile all of the possible results of screwing with time. When it came down to it, he wanted someone to blame, and Scarlett was already dead.

"I don't get you, Andrews. So much wasted potential is sitting right here making excuses why he can't use his God-given powers to help out the people that should mean the most to him! You know, I won't be the least bit surprised if you end up just like that old fool Xavier.. sitting there twiddling his thumbs until he died! I don't know why people choose to honor the memory of such a coward!"

While he spoke, Kelly's form became unstable and without concentrating he dissolved into mist and slowly drifted apart.
"Maybe Neal is right.. this is where the path of peace leads."

more_horiz
"How is it going to kill millions if we just go back and keep one little girl safe?"
On top of all which just happened, he was being lectured by a man who never took a side. A man who was never seen anywhere except the battlefield. Jason's anger was taking off.
"I CAN'T DO THAT!" yelled Jason, tears fighting their way to surface. "I would love nothing more than to help Mackenzie and Peter, but I can't. I am not going to be responsible for deaths of hundreds of thousands of people." said Jason, as he stared at Peter's body. There had to be another way, and he wanted to discover it sooner then later.

"I don't get you, Andrews. So much wasted potential is sitting right here making excuses why he can't use his God-given powers to help out the people that should mean the most to him!"

Kelly's words stung him in a heart. He was helpless, torn between the decision of helping people the he loved and killing millions others. Jason was not going to be responsible, he wasn't going to be a murder. 
"Maybe you can live with deaths of that many people on your mind, but I cannot and I will not." said Jason, standing up and looking around. He had to get the bodies of Mackie and Peter back to school.

more_horiz
"I can't imagine you being able to live with a fraction of the death that's on my mind."

Past, present, or future. Jason's problem was that he cared too much. There was the difference between the two of them. Jason already knew how the hurt of loss made it feel as if the world should be ending, and tomorrow wasn't worth looking forward to.
He also knew that even time could mend broken hearts.

Though someone only beginning to see the world with the eyes of a provider and protecter for a new family had no way to rationalize or relate this; and know that even in losing a loved one, the many outweighed the few. There were thousands of families that could greive if any mistakes were made.
Tampering with destiny's design was like taking hold of a live exposed wire. The deadly repercussions carried to everything one touches.

"I guess we're done here.."
The cloud seperated and slithered up through an air conditioning vent, quickly finding its way outside.

more_horiz
As everyone left the battlefield, and those who could not, never moved again. Kelly's words stung like a poisonous ivy. Except, there was no rash, just blood oozing out of the open wound. It was never easy to lose someone you deeply cared about, and death never needed to justify its actions. When time came, the death just took people, never giving them an option of staying with people they loved. Death. That one word was the end of everything living. Anything that breathed and moved, always running from the word, never stopping, never looking back. Jason's world just came tumbling down. The walls of his castle have been destroyed by death and destruction. What was he supposed to do now?

Walking among the dead bodies, Jason saw a person groan. They weren't completely dead yet. He knelt next to the scaly mutant and looked him in the eyes.
"I am sorry," he choked on his blood. "She made us do it. She said--she was going to--kill our families--if we didn't fight." it made Jason realize how Hawthorne was able to get all these mutants to cooperate, without them starting a riot against her. She was controlling them all with one thing, which was supposed to be the strongest in the world. Love. Simple thing, that has started wars and brought people so close to each other. Now, she has turned love into a weapon.
"You are forgiven," said Jason. He wanted to help the man, but the wound he sustained was too great. He would never be able to get him help in time, even if Jason tried his best to do it. The mutant had a large wooden stake sticking out of his stomach. Jason placed his hand on a man's head and began to fill his mind with pleasant images. Relaxing on a beach, taking a walk in the woods, laughter,  love, friends, family. All which he surely cared for just as much as Jason did.

As Jason looked at the man, the mutant simply closed his eyes and moved no more. He was gone. This pointless battle has taken many great lives. But it mattered none to people who initiated this conflict. All they wanted was blood and guts and death all around. Who were they to decide who lives who dies. Jason stood up and looked around once more, before he strode into the sunset. And as his figure faded into the distance, Jason broke in tears.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum