X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

The pain of letting go (Nc-17)

descriptionCompleteThe pain of letting go (Nc-17)

more_horiz
Aramis never thought he'd have found himself in this particular situation. He'd not found his way to the institute more than two weeks ago, no more than two weeks ago did he find out that his father was not trying to have him killed, rather trying to protect him from his own power. He'd settled in well enough but now here he was. Just as life had finally begun to settle down, just when he thought he was out they sucked him right back into the mayhem. He sat in the hangar of a small independently owned airport with the large jet not far off, waiting at the exactly location those "hired" had been instructed to show up at.

"Aramis, I know you're upset but we've done everything we can. We've tried to recruit a sensible person we think can get the job done." The man with a similar English accent said to him. A hand found it's way onto Aramis' shoulder as he sighed. He had just learned that his father, The Archduke and his two siblings, his brother Peter and his little sister Margerette. The message was delivered directly to Aramis as well, the conditions were simple. He was to turn himself in (and likely die) or his family would die. In response, Aramis had some of his "people" reach out into the community of Mutants and attempted to hire some of them in order to get another person or so to help him get his family back. Now he sat here, waiting for any mutant who heard about this little operation to show up at the air-field. A little concerned whine left his throat as he lowered his head and pressed two intertwined fists against his forehead."It's in God's hands now."

The promise of God's intervention. Where it once would have soothed his anxieties, now it served only to anger, sadden and embitter the young man as he sat there, unknowing of his family or their condition. Yet one could dare to say that it was in God's hands? The plump, well dressed man in slacks and a sports coat shook Aramis' shoulder, as if sensing his doubt. "Aramis...It IS in God's hands now." He said, making sure the male herd him. Aramis just scoffed and looked down to his hands, two circular scars from days not long past.

"No..." He said softly as his eyes narrowed and he took a deep breath in, strengthening his resolve. "...It's in mine."

With any luck the "recruits" would show up soon and they could get onto the jet. Anyone who wanted money, or just the chance to make a strike at the M.R.D was welcomed without question. He didn't have the luxury to turn away help at a time like this.

descriptionCompleteRe: The pain of letting go (Nc-17)

more_horiz
”Payne?” Travis asked simply, resting an elbow against the lined black door of the car that both him and his father were seated in the rear of. One brow was peaked, opulent blue eyes scanning his father as if looking for more than was being spoken. From what he could glean, there was something about The Masters owing The Payne family something and this was his way of repaying a debt, which Travis could respect. However, considering that he was the only powerful individual member of the family, which meant that he held the burden of helping with this….repayment. Something about a Masters always repaid their debts or something along to that effect, not that Travis was terribly interested in something like that.

”Yes, I think I already explained everything.” The older blond male would  nod, as if his continual questioning were irritating him.

”Very well.” Travis would say with a low sigh, arms crossed over his chest as the door would open with a low opposing sound, revealing the airfield that they were to meet. His attention would fall upon a tan male conversing with an older one, an eyebrow raising for a moment before Travis set foot out of the vehicle, absently brushing off his shoulder. The male was dressed simply, in a plaid over shirt, unbuttoned with the white shirt underneath it revealed, and faded blue jeans. He did not intend to impress anyone, just get this done with and move on. His dirty blond hair was in a slightly messy fashion, fingers being run through it and slightly ruffling it even more.

A small gust of wind blew past his face and the male shivered, licking his slightly chapped lips and making his approach to the two, mind running over an insurmountable number of variables, posture, facial expressions and such to surmise the situation and other small things. It was likely his foot falls that would alert them to his presence, the male waiting for them to turn and recognize before he would offer a small smile, and a nod of his head. ”Archduke Payne, Travis Masters at your service.” he would start nodding, the thought of him being at someone else’s service being almost too much to say. ”My father Ryan Masters sent me to…aid you with your problem.”

more_horiz
Tightening her belt and zipping her he shoes, Rachel Mason stood up to her full height. Now she stood taller then usual, due to her high heels. Fixing up her last item, Rachel pushed a button on a side of a wall and door swung open where it seemed no door should exist. She looked at her watch and realized she was running a bit late.

Jumping on her bike, Rachel reeved it up as loud as she could. Kicking her leg over the bike, Rachel let go of the bike and took off 30MPH. She knew the stakes of the job, and she was willing to accept all the consequences that came with it. Which to Rachel meant little to none. Speeding up toward the air-base, Rachel was afraid she wasn't going to make it.  Taking police on her tail, she dropped few spikes on a road. The police was no longer hot on her trail.

Turning around the corner, Rachel was 3 minutes away from the airport. She ditched the bike as it continued on its own path, back home. Turning into an eagle, Rachel flew into the jet and landed as herself.

"The party don't start, 'till I walk in."

more_horiz
He hadn't been expecting this to happen. Not that he was ungrateful, but it seemed as thought he Master's were about to make good on their debt, which brought an overwhelming gratitude from Aramis as he stood up and held out his hand. "Oh no. Not Archduke...not yet, and hopefully not for a long time, should this bloody season pass." He said with a slight smile. Part of him seemed almost familiar, but he suddenly realized that it was the hair, for some reason it automatically reminded him of a friend he had once. A friend he almost called up, but much like the Master's to him, Aramis already owed him a great debt. "It's a great pleasure, Mr.Masters." Aramis added to the end, as to not forget formality, even amongst "comrades."

and now he suddenly felt Russian....

No sooner had that happened had a bird dropped down and turned into a beautiful woman who spoke a rather...familiar line. He couldn't remember what it was from though. He watched the woman get onto the jet and as he looked at her curiously the man behind him chuckled, letting Aramis assume that she had been hired. Aramis could only wonder what sort of small fortune she was being paid, or if she had some personal vendetta that was enough. "Right, well. I think we can safely follow her lead." Aramis said with a smirk, though the irritation in his voice was ever so slightly present as he extended an arm as if to say "After you" to the others. As he entered the jet, it was the finest luxury interior, a testimony of the family Aramis came from, a family he was now trying to save. He sat down in one of the leather chairs and sunk right in as he looked around for the others.

"So...am I correct to assume you know why we're here?" Aramis asked them, not sure if The elder Masters had told the entire story, or is Jenkin's had informed the beautiful woman of their dilemma.

more_horiz
Silus was already late as it was, and things weren't made any easier on him with traffic. He wanted to take a cab, but he didn't have the money so that option was out. It was all thanks to everyone's favorite "Skittles-pup" that Silus was even getting anywhere at all. Yancey managed to literally carry Silus in his wolf form, using the augmented speed to reach the air base with no real issues, save for the fact that they were LATE! If Yancey had not has his slight increase in size, then this would have not worked at all. But it somehow all played out, as Silus and Yancey got there just before the door was closed. A plump man in a sports coat and slacks stood there sweating as he looked to Silus, confused. Silus hopped off Yancey and rushed the stairs.

"GottagobyeseeyaYancey!" He called out as he literally dove under the fat man's arm and slid into the plane. The beer-gutted guy would attempt to grab him, but Silus just slipped out of his extra large hoodie and slipped away into the other room. He walked in and froze for a second, seeing everyone else, and then walked over and sat down as close to his friend as possible, nervous to meet other people. "I-I... I'm here to... help." He said as he sat there, looking at the others and expecting to be mocked or ridiculed.

more_horiz
Of course, how could he have forgotten such nominal information about succession and things of that nature? The male was by no means Archduke, perhaps simply due to the fact that his father still drew breath. His eyes would dart to the well-dressed male that could be assumed to be his father, drawing in and remembering every single detail, perhaps stored away in some vault within his mind for later use. Atleast the male knew his manners, and that was enough to atleast catch Travis’ interest, inclining his head as he would return the same courtesy. ”The pleasure is all mine Mr.Payne.” He would say in a professional voice accepting the handshake, though a lesser mind could confuse it for something more, or a mind that looked far too deeply into something.

With that done his attention would turn to a bird woman that landed upon the airstrip, Travis considering it for a moment as she would take a human form and quote a song that made him grimace slightly. While he had nothing against pop music itself, he preferred to avoid it much like one would avoid a dead animal on the side of the road. Personally he had a feeling they would have done well without the woman that made the pointless little reference, but then again that was all he knew really. Granted Travis was rarely wrong when it came to matters such as this, but if she came to help then he had no reason to complain.

Following the lead of the tan male, he would make his way towards the luxury jet having his attention drawn to a young male that seemingly arrived at the last second, though why a child was attempting to join confused him. Ignoring the young child now, he would step into the luxury craft, taking his seat on one of the leather seats.

It was rare that he had stepped into a craft half as luxurious as this one, and that was considering that his father was also known for his money. It was simply the fact that his father did not like having Travis do too much traveling, and much preferred him to stay around New York if possible. ”My father made sure to inform me of everything that was going on, though I’m sure there is likely something he….omitted.” Travis answered raising an eyebrow and letting it fall as he would wait for the female to answer as well.

more_horiz
Rachel looked around at everyone, when a young kid managed to slip by the fat dude standing at the door. She shifted her appearance into her usual dark, Nightwisp outfit. One she used when she went out on night shifts across the city and missions outside of New York city. It included whatever mission this was going to be.

Rachel wasn't sure of what to expect on this mission, or whatever it was they were doing. Same rules applied to these people as it did with anyone she went out on missions with. If they betrayed her, she would make certain they never returned to the place they came from. Or if they did, it would be in a cheap wooden casket. Rachel didn't trust anyone on a plane, seeing how she barely knew people standing around the jet.

"So, Mr--I didn't catch your name--what was it again?" asked Rachel in a crude tone. She treated all the strangers with same effect no one was special on her list of friends. "What is the objective of this mission?  I'd like to know before I throw myself in pits of blazing fire and fighting. I don't really have a death wish yet." While Rachel wasn't concerned about dying, helping others was her mission in life now. Ever since killing her parents, Rachel could never completely trust people and always kept everyone at arm's length.

more_horiz
"Oh, Sorry. I assumed Jenkins had informed you." He said as he smiled at the woman whom had miraculously shifted into a costume of sorts. It was a nice effect, one Aramis envied to a degree. He sat back and looked to the woman and began to speak again though, this time the mission as a whole. "My name is Aramis Payne. My father is the Archduke of England, a title created for him and the one responsible for the discovery of a rare material that has been used to hunt and kill mutant-kind with extreme efficiency. Long story short, my father is in the single digits of the hierarchy's line of succession. The M.R.D has a rather...interesting history with my family, and now they think they can get away with holding them hostage. We're gonna go in there, and get my family safe. There's the Archduke, my father. My brother Peter, and my sister Margerette. Then there's this man." Aramis said as he produced a picture, it was of a man he found all too familiar. It was a human with black hair, glasses and a suit on.

[color:0ffc=990033]"His name is Williams. Agent Williams of the M.R.D. If you find him, capture him. Don't kill him. Ultimately collateral damage happens, but right now all we need is to get my family out of there. If you can bring this man to me, if he's there I'll pay extra. Substantially extra." He said as he made sure to emphasize the fact that he wanted this man captured and not killed.  The Jet began to take off and Aramis held on, looking over to Silus with a concerned look. "You really shouldn't be here, this is dangerous. Stay on the jet." He said to the boy before looking to Travis.

"So, Mister Masters, Mister Mason and Miss-ss... What's you're name, and how can you most effectively use your powers?." He asked them all as he looked around at them.

more_horiz
"Brits..." muttered Rachel, "I should have known." but at this point, Rachel was far too deep in to back away from the danger and run with a tail between her legs. She surveyed everyone on a plane again, latter turning to the kid named Aramis. "And my father is the President of Mexico, and on a side he is also Italian mafia boss. But enough about me, I am not that fascinating to be taking up this precious time." smiled Rachel. Her cold sense of humor was going to get her killed one day, of course those are the chances she was willing to take. She had to make up for what she has done.

"My name is Amy Green." said Rachel, using her alias. She never gave her name to anyone she didn't trust, and of course this group of people have yet to prove that they were trustworthy of her name. When a question about her powers came up, Rachel felt like she was being examined. "You can never imagine the extent of my powers." said Rachel. "Let's just say my power effectiveness allows me to hold my own in any given fight." Rachel didn't need anyone telling her what she was able to do and what she couldn't. She leaned back on her seat and rested.

more_horiz
So it appeared that his family and the M.R.D had an interesting relationship, something that Travis quickly archived. Part of him did not feel like dealing with the M.R.D more than required, and if that happened when dealing with this Payne family, then he would make appropriate measures. Leaning back within his seat, Travis would consider the others that were sitting around him and how the sat, as if weighing up their personalities from that alone. From what he could tell the female was one of those cocky types, thought themselves to be more than they were and those kinds of people annoyed Travis more than anything.  There was Mr..Payne, who was a more agreeable sort, though then again that was only the image that he was projecting of himself.

A picture of a familiar male appeared, one known as Williams, someone that they were not to kill. He would make sure to avoid killing him, but then again shit did tend to happen. ”My name is Travis, and the best way to say state what I can do is I affect the world around me with a thought. Telekinesis as some have put it.” he stated simply, waiting for everyone else to state their own powers.

more_horiz
"I'm Silus Mason. My "name" is Styx. I can do a lot of things with energy and I can pull out peoples souls." He said, almost as if he were ashamed about the last part. He already knew one thing though, this "Amy Green" lady bugged him a bit. She was so unapproachable that if Silus could possibly have gotten her any farther away he would have. He could almost hear Aramis' thoughts, and he was livid internally. Unfortunately, he knew he was in no condition to make enemies, and Silus was just a loyal little follower who wanted to help. After Aramis turned from Amy Green, he looked to Silus and imparted the news, to which Silus could only say this. "Awe C'mon, I can help! You know what I can do, please lemmie help! You just gotta!" He said, hoping that somehow Aramis would reconsider, thought knowing his friend he knew Aramis would never let Silus endanger himself.

"Not like you can keep me here." Silus mumbled as he crossed his arms. Silus just looked up to Aramis. "Wait... You're "name" is Pain right. Dude... you're like british royalty!" He said as a smile flashed on his face and he nodded. "You should totally be "Royal Pain" instead." he laughed a little, hoping Aramis would at least consider the name shift.

more_horiz
"How dare yo-" Jenkins began but Aramis just rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Leave her be." Aramis said, a little glare at Jenkins. Granted, the older pudgy man was good, hard worker and he had a think for rules and etiquette, but it was quite obvious with this woman they were getting none of that. So long as she did her job then all was well with Aramis, and as long as all was well with Aramis he didn't need to intervene. He found himself listening to Travis and nodding. Then Silus made his little argument, to which Aramis just smirked. "Well okay, Rather than try and think of a way to coordinate ourselves and survive we'll just wing it, sounds bloody brilliant. As for you, Telekinesis is a very powerful gift, now I'm even happier we have you." He said before looking to Silus and arching an eyebrow, laughing a little through his accent.

"You want me to let you come with us, but you can't even describe the powers you use? Look mate, I really appreciate it, but you're not leaving this plane. I know how to stop you, too... before you get any ideas." He said messing up Silus' hair before leaning back in the chair. The odd silence only being broken when Silus asked a question. To which Aramis nodded, he was indeed a form of nobility. Silus then had the astounding idea that he should perhaps rename himself, from Pain (a play-on to his name) to Royal Pain, as in a royal pain in the arse. Aramis smiled and nodded. "Royal Pain? I like it.... thought it sounds more like you." He teased as he pushed the younger boy a little. Jenkins then walked forward and produced three guns, a hand gun for the each of them it would seem.

"We will arrive within the hour. The only word we've received is that the Archduke and his children are under heavy captivity. Though they be from the guards by the cockpit, I've convinced them to part ways with them, for your protection, Sir." He said. Aramis took one and blinked at it, analyzing it. He'd never really used one of these before. It was strange to think that he would be shooting people soon enough. He nodded to Jenkins as he moved on and offered one to Silus. Aramis' arm shot over and blocked the little boy off form the loaded weapon. "Bloody Christ man, what's wrong with you, giving a little kid a weapon like that?" He asked with a wry smile, Silus left to pout as Jenkins offered to the weapons to the other two.

"If anyone wants out, now's the time." He said as he stood up and walked up towards the jet door. They were beginning to descend. It wouldn't be long before they landed on the roof.

more_horiz
"How dare yo-" Jenkins began but Aramis just rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Yeah, you better be nice to me 'Jose'. We wouldn't want you to become unusable. After all, I will need someone to fetch me a soda really soon. Who would do a better job than you?" said Rachel, looking around. "If anyone thinks they could, please don't let me stop you."  she knew that playing on people's feelings was Rachel's way of keeping everyone at arm's length, but deep inside Rachel felt alone for a very long time.

Rachel turned to a begging kid. "Oh let him come, who would it hurt?" she said, smirking coldly. "If the kid dies, he'll forever be known as that kid who at least tried."
Rachel cold, unfriendly personality was just a mask to who she really was. She would never let anyone into her life, and being cold, uncaring was all she knew on how to keep people from invading her life. From becoming soft and caring like everyone else was.

Rachel always took crazy risk, it was her only way of feeling alive. Without real friends, her life was meaningless...and she liked to keep up with whatever was going around her. The criminal world was far behind her now, Rachel only did good for others.

When weapons were handed out, Rachel refused to take one. She hasn't fired a weapon for a long time and she didn't believe in them. Who needed a weapon when you can stop violence with your fists. "I haven't had blood on my hands for a long time, I'd like it to stay that way for a long time too." said Rachel, not reaching for a hand gun. "Give my bloody gun to the bloody kid. If your folks are guarded so heavily that you rely on using a gun, I think you can use an extra pair of hands as well. " she mimicked the British guy. The show time was soon.

more_horiz
The womans continued talking annoyed Travis, and part of him considered giving her an extra throat hole. Regardless of the reason behind the false tough act, one could only take so much smack talk before they snapped. ”That mouth of yours could get you killed, though I suppose this being the first time in a long while that it was empty might drive someone to talking. Travis noted simply blinking twice as he did not even turn her way as he looked to Aramis. ”Not that I mind having a worthless piece of flesh with tits attached tagging along.” He noted looking to the hand guns being offered to him and simply willing one to come towards him, reaching out and grabbing it by the handle. His eyes scanned over the weapon, surmising make and the overall make up of it. 'Alright, I took the time to come out here so no point in backing out now.”

more_horiz
He would be lying to say that he liked the lady any more, but what she said didn't hurt his argument, which was points to Silus. "Yeah! See, she's right! At least I tried. Besides, it's not like anyone's gonna miss an orphan." He said plainly, not showing any of the emotion he had bottled up within. If that statement weren't solid for his argument, he might have cried thinking of it, but that aside. It wasn't a good time to cry, not like this. He smiled when he heard her mock Aramis' accent, and he even giggled but he put a hand over his mouth to see Aramis looking at him with an expression that could only be described as the "Really dude?" look that Aramis so frequently gave him.

"Please gimmie?" He asked holding out his hand to Jenkins. With a sigh the pudgy man handed over the gun. Silus smiled as he held it and inspected it. He knew how they were used, but he had never really held one. He began to wonder if it was really going to suffer a kick-back from the little hand gun. "Thank you!" Silus said to "Amy" as he stood up and walked over to the door with a smile and a taunting little humming noise at Aramis. "I gotta gun." He said as he looked at the others again. He found himself closer to this Travis guy, something about him more comfortable than the Amy girl, but the next thing he knew, it was time to land.

more_horiz
He was about to snap on this woman. He was fine with absolutely everything thus far, but when she began to tick with his accent she crossed a line that she would, under normal circumstances, come to regret. He knew how people like her were, because it was the same way he was. People who tried to keep everyone else away, either in fear of being hurt, or in fear of inadvertently hurting. He knew Silus' plight as well, and how Silus tended to keep all but a select handful at an arm and a legs length at all times. Being cold and jaded was fine, but being rude and an all around twit was not. Aramis found it within himself to try and understand, and he simply let her go on and say what she wanted. The plane landed as he looked down at Silus, who seemed to be taking a liking to Travis. A good twenty people formed a circle around the jet's door, semi-automatic weapons aimed at it with deadly precision and a man with a loaded RPG aimed at the door as well, ensuring the plane did not desire to take off.

"Well... Damn." He said with a scoff. Silus laughed.
    "HA! See, you need me already." Silus said with a toothy grin as he put a hand on the handle of the door, opening it.  Silus stepped out and walked, two men stepping forward, asking him to get on the ground. Silus shook his head. Silus lifted his gun and the M.R.D shot out like it was open season. Whereas one would have expected Silus to have been splattered, they would have been rather shocked to see the boy still standing there as the final shells dropped to the ground from the weapons. The bullets themselves having just fallen around the little child as he looked around, eyes glowing a bright indigo color.

Aramis stepped through the door next and dropped to the ground, standing upright as he glared the men over. The man with the RPG decided it would be a grand idea to fire out at the jet. The explosion's percussion force alone would be more lethal than the fire it emitted, and with a Kitnetic absorption power, there was no percussion at all. Using the kinetic energy from the rounds propelled at him, and the RPG itself, Silus used the stored up Kintic energy to force the flames into a sphere before it could burn anyone and then he threw it up into the air, sending it off like a firework and laughing. Aramis looked to Travis and for Amy, hoping they knew what they were doing in order to get past these twenty one men and women.

more_horiz
He looked to the young male that had taken the joke with an almost childlike attitude, raising an eyebrow as he turned then to Aramis. How he managed to withstand this woman’s stupidity was beyond him, but then again he was ignoring her from now on. A child wielding a gun would be interesting, even if he was unsure if the little boy was capable of using. Checking the safety upon his own weapon, Travis then mentally prepared for the fight that was to come, guns likely to be involved as well as a few other things one would expect. Grenades, rpgs and various other deadly explosives that could lead to some nasty death. This little guy seemed to ba taking some kind of liking to him, staying close to Travis, who did not really give any indication that he minded it.

As soon as they landed, they found themselves already surrounded, something that was not a surprise to the male who disinterestedly checked over his weapon. Travis crossed arms over his chest as they stepped out, looking over the armed ones that had set against them. Were they doing all of this for one young man and his family? Despite what he had heard of the M.R.D this seemed more like what one would expect of terrorists, kidnapping and....firing upon a child. He was more than ready to unleash the full force of his telekinetic power upon them, ripping them apart and splattering viscera about the ground. Instead of being reduced to a bloody splatter the child seemed to shrug the bullets off, small bits of metal clattering to the ground with low hollow sounds.

An amused chuckle escaped from him as he mentally reached out and made the ruined casings his own weapons, small bits of metal floating about as they would shoot out like bullets towards the ones that had fires. One of the humans would grasp at their throat, in shock as blood would pool from between the fingers. ”Only twenty one people? I feel insulted, you should have atleast sent one hundred.” Travis noted simply giving a casual flicking motion of his index finger, one of the bits of lead slicing through one of their helmets, and splattering brain matter across the pavement, as well as another falling from the sheer force of the projectile, even if it did not penetrate. They would turn their attention upon Travis and fire off their rounds, the male holding a hand up and within an instant all of the bullets had stopped. ”My turn.” With a flick of the wrist he would return the bullets to their origin.

more_horiz
As the jet landed, Rachel looked out the window. "Damn...I've never had such a big welcome party escort me out of the air base before." she muttered as she stood up and got ready for the fight. She didn't need a gun to deal with a pesky humans who surrounded the jet. "I hope they got cake waiting for us."

As the bullets began to fly, Rachel ducked a bit, looking for any escape route. Then she thought of it...shifting into a field mouse
, Rachel scurried out of the plane. Quickly moving between people's feet, she tried hard not to get stepped on. As she cleared the ground, and was far from the plane, Rachel shifted back to her Nightwisp outfit and looked back at the airplane. Should she begin her slaughter campaign or leave some fun for the rest of the people? Seeing some some of them were getting out, Rachel needed to do something about it. Or she would be accounting for the pile up of dead bodies.

Flicking her hand behind a man with a gun, Rachel pulled the man toward her where she then grasped him by the throat. The man in fear began to gasp for breath, but Rachel wasn't even putting all the pressure on him yet. "Hey, cowboys!" she announced loudly, holding the man tightly. "If you want your partner back, I suggest you lower your weapons and step away from the aircraft. Or you can come to this man's funeral later...or not." 

Rachel was just bluffing, she wasn't going to kill the man. There was no game in it. He stood no chance against her anyhow. One of two things were going to happen. The men and women surrounding the plane were going to turn around and fire on Rachel to get rid of her, giving the rest of the people a chance to escape and disperse or they were going to kill the people at the doors of the plane. She was gambling with the crews' lives now, but was willing to take a chance. Hopefully, it was going to pay off.

more_horiz
"Sorry..." He said to the soldiers, genuinely feeling sad that they had initiated an attack on him and it proving ineffective. Well, he wasn't complaining about their attack being ineffective, but he was sorry for what happened next. He heard that nice guy's voice from behind him saying how it was "his turn" and his eyes widened as bullets began to be caught and lifted and the like before being barraged back to their point of origin. Granted, not all of the M.R.D were caught off guard by this, but many of them were. About fourteen people dropped dead from bullets being fired back at them, and before they know it, one had his feet skidding across the ground as he found his throat within the clutches of the little team's Femme-fatal. She barked out an order, to which he looked to see the responses.

Silus knew very little about M.R.D honestly, he didn't know how'd they respond, would it be logical? or would it be fanatical and still attempt to take them down, despite being so gravely out-matched. He found himself envious of the woman who managed to somehow drag the man to her, almost envying her ploy, though he knew nothing of her bluff. He soon also found himself wondering why Aramis, or "Royal Pain" rather hadn't used his mutation yet. Silus stayed close and watched on as the events began to unravel.

more_horiz
Silus' innocence was sickening. How could a child apologize for not getting slaughtered? Aramis sighed as Travis displayed a rather grand sort of mastery over his telekinetic ability. Sending shell husks first to grab attention, and then sending fire that was directed at him back to the gunmen. For M.R.D these men were rather...expendable or so it would seem. Travis had said something about there only being twenty which made him smirk. The gusto of this male was rather interesting. But yet he could not quite call it arrogance, as there was nothing he was trying to "compensate" for, rather he had just proven that it was all confidence. Aramis' mind still reeling from the gun fire he only managed to brush it off to see Amy Green have a man by the throat.  "Don't worry. They skimped on security here to fortify their defenses around my family no doubt." Aramis said, in truth it was just an assumption, but knowing this particular "cell" of M.R.D and the agent running it, he wouldn't be surprised.

The M.R.D put their weapons down and a couple armed guards that were to be protecting the jet stepped out and began to corral the unarmed M.R.D troops and put them in hostage positions. Aramis walked past Amy Green and smiled on his way past. "Brilliant." was all he said, keeping his compliment brief and to the point as well as trying to keep as far from getting made fun of as possible. They then came to the roof door, a large "venting" to the right of it. Aramis tried to open the door but it was locked. Sparing no time He walked over to the side and began pulling up at the venting. His hope was to dislodge it and slide Silus through so he could unlock the door.

"Why don't we just have one of them tear it off?" Silus mused as he looked to Aramis. Aramis' face turning a bright red from embarrassment that he had forgotten his comrades capabilities already. Then again, when his family members had their lives on the line, he had other priorities then knowing who did what.

more_horiz
It only took that one display to put everything into perspective for Travis, a low annoyed noise escaping from his throat as he glared at the woman. So it seemed that the mouthy whore had the same power as him, though she didn't have the overall power that his own had or she wasn't willing to kill these pathetic excuses for human beings. Of the twenty one that had arrayed themselves against them, there were only seven left, giving up without much of a fight as if they did not want to deal with the powerful telekinetic that had picked them off with impunity. The possibility that that they were not even dealing with the full brunt of the force was an amusing possibility, though it would not matter either way. His attention turned to the child that had seemingly apologized for not dying, a low amused chuckle escaping from him as he shook his head.

The kid was a powerful mutant, but he seemed content with dying, something that would have worried the average person and annoyed him slightly. With his mind still running over everything, his attention turned to Aramis attempting to remove a vent cover and waiting for either that to happen, or him to realize that he could not do so. It of course did not take too long, until the kid would make a suggestion and Travis agreed with it. ”Need a little help?” He asked without a hint of condescension as he motioned and the sound of something clicking could be heard as the door seemed to unlock and open itself, saving the trouble of crawling through the vent. ”I thought this would be much easier than crawling through a vent.” He added waiting for the next part of the plan.

more_horiz
Rachel looked at her team as they made their way past her. 
"Brilliant." said Aramis. Rachel gave him a smirk and turned to look back on M.R.D with guns. Still deciding what to do with a human she caught as trap. Pushing the man with her hand, Rachel gave him a little boost as she sent him flying toward his team with her powers. "I know, I hate funerals too."
Since they have let everyone pass, the man was useless to her, and Rachel didn't believe in senseless killing if she could avoid.

Backing away toward everyone else, Rachel never took her eyes off from M.R.D she joined the rest of the teammates. Always on guard, Rachel looked at the the kid who seemed to run the show."So, where to next?" she asked, making it brief so that the moment he announces, Rachel can take off.  She saw people trying to pry open the vent. Which made her chuckle out loud. "That M.R.D gang isn't going to wait for us forever, once they reorganize, they are coming after us. So, if you guys want to open the vent...do it quickly or we need to find another way in."

more_horiz
"She's right, but erm... 's-'scuse me." Silus said, tapping Travis's arm gently and bashfully as he attempted to get his attention. Once he had said attention he pointed to the vent. "I can go through the vents, or anyone small can, they could get the drop on anyone or anything, or go straight to find your family. I-I could do it..or I noticed Miss Green can turn into small animal. Be stealthy and stuffs." He offered up. For a kid he was a rather quick one, something others often enjoyed.

He was also happy that the lady didn't kill the guy, Silus hated people dying. He felt bad for even having his part in this, but he had to help his friend.

more_horiz
"She's right, we need to pick quickly, or else they will adapt to us and how many there are of us and our abilities." He said, thinking all he knew about his "old friend" and his resourcefulness. This was a tedious thing they were doing, and there was something that was growing inside Aramsi, a worry, a concern. Dare he say it was a hunger, a desire to make sure his family made it out alive, even if he didn't. The only other person he was worried about was the kid he went to school with, Silus. Travis took no issues in removing the door, which shocked Aramis and scared the breath from him.

"Yes, Quite. Appreciate it." He chuckled at Travis who removed the obstacle for the. Silus, however seemed to have other plans. He made a note of a smaller person being able to crawl into the vents and then noted about their femme fatal. Aramis hummed about it. "Well it makes sense I guess, if one of you wants to play secret squirrel and can not die, take the vent. One of us will either slip past their defenses, or we'll stretched their forces thin. Either way, we're gonna win." He said with confidence, secretly unsure of himself. He nodded to Travis and he stepped towards the stairs, being cautious as to anything that might pop around the corner.

more_horiz
Travis smirked widely upon noticing Aramis' surprise upon seeing him simply circumvent the problem that they had been given. Something about surprise upon the young males face was ill fitting, much like lust upon a nun, though that was to be expected as well. Had he not considered the possibility or was Travis' capabilities so nominal that it was forgotten along the way? ”Yes I think that will work. They won't expect a child to be crawling through the vents.” Travis noted, nodding in approval of the small males plan to sneak through the compound within the ventilation, granted he would have taken a similar course if he were not as tall as he were. The english male would note about them winning and Travis nodded a couple of times.

”We'll do more than win.” He noted stepping through the now open door while the others would do their thing, not really bothered by it. He would have his own way of dealing with this situation, even though it might have been bloodier than most would have liked, but Travis was not the type to really value another persons life. Travis would step towards the stair, letting a small amount of telekinetic pressure blip out, undetectable to anyone but enough that he could feel for what was ahead. A small smirk formed upon his lips as they began to move, counting what he felt. ”Alright, there are two armed guards ahead followed by..... four fourty meters beyond those two.” Travis noted confidently eyes fluttering for a second before turning to Aramis. ”So, do you want to deal with them or should I?”

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum