X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

What Goes Around... (PG-13)

descriptionCompleteRe: What Goes Around... (PG-13)

more_horiz
Jason realized that Sara was right, if she let go of Lakai, all hell will break lose. Jason smiled at Sara as he dashed into the next room of his office. He flung open the cabinet with little force and began to search frantically for sedative. Soon he found it and then began to look for the needles. They were just one shelf bellow. Grabbing one and then popping the cap off the needle, Jason inserted it in through a bottle's cap and began to draw liquid into the needle. When he had enough, Jason dropped the bottle into the trash and raced out to see Lakai attacking Sara.

Without another word, Jason snuck up from behind Lakai and inserted the needle into her shoulder, releasing all the sedative. it should start working any minute now.

more_horiz
Lakai bit down on sara's arm. She bit down hard and didnt care if she hurrt Sara. In her mind they were all enemies. She felt a pinch in her shoulder and instantly let go of sara's arm. She felt sleep and confused. She looked at Jason with a betrayed look as she started to go limp in Sara's arms.

more_horiz
Shikon walked up to the front door of the X-Men mansion. He opened the door slowly. As he stepped inside he was hoping to see someone but the halls were deserted. He walked up the stairs towards Jason's office. Peter had brought Lakai to Jason, or at least that's what he had been told. Peter being polite? Maybe I should talk to him. Give him a present. Epress how sorry I am. Shikon thought as he reached the door to Jason's office. Shikon wasn't going to barge in like he had last time he politely knocked three times. "Jason it's me Shikon. I heard Lakai was here."

more_horiz
Jason took Lakai off Sara's hold and placed her gently on a ground for now. He'll move her to a more appropriate location once he opens the door for Shikon. Walking over to the door, Jason pulled on door knob and door swung open with ease. Before Jason stood Shikon, the man he had fought previously. "Yes, she's here and she's sedated. Her mind is a complete mess. How long did she spend at that location?" asked Jason.

more_horiz
Shikon waited until Jason opened the door. It seemed both Shikon and Jason had healed up nicely since their last battle. Shikon looked in the room past Jason. "She wasn't there long. Four maybe five hours. She left in the early morning long before I was even awake. As soon as I read the note she left for me I went after her."

more_horiz
Jason looked at Lakai on a ground. "Well, whoever wanted information from her, seemed to be desperate." Jason scratched his head as he turned to look at Shikon now. "It will be a long process before I can destroy those memories of hers. But even then, I can't guarantee that she will recover fully. The damage is pretty extensive and pretty well drilled into Lakai's mind."

Picking up Lakai wasn't hard, Jason just wanted to be sure Shikon didn't freak out before Jason could move Lakai's motionless body to Medical Bay. It was there he could fully help her and try to sort out mess of a mind. "Let's go down to Medical Bay, I'll be able to work quietly there." said Jason as he began to walk with Lakai in his arms.

Once he arrived, he placed her body on a bed and and pulled up a chair in front of Lakai where her head was, then he looked at Shikon.

more_horiz
Shikon accepted everything Jason said as a fact. He had already known who had done this to her. That man had paid for it with his life. Never more would Michael be able to cause that harm to anyone ever again. Shikon watched as Jason picked up Lakai, and followed him to the medical bay.

Jason pulled up a chair next to Lakai's head, and looked at Shikon. "Jason I am at your service. Whatever you need just tell me and I'll get it for you. I also owe you immensely for doing this. How can I help?"

more_horiz
"Well, the boy who did this to Lakai wasn't doing it on his own free accord. So, I don't think we should blame him either, it's the woman that is behind all this madness of Lakai's." said Jason as took a deep breath and looked down at Lakai's face. She looked peaceful in her sleep. "I will attempt to get rid of most of her memories, but some of her memories might get deleted as well. So, don't be surprised if she doesn't recognize you right away when she wakes up." said Jason.

Jason placed his fingers around Lakai's head and closed his eyes, concentrating. Then, he was in her mind.

"You see, this party is about to turn violent for you." said Scarlett as she pulled Michael over to a chair where she was sitting previously

She screamed louder as the cuffs dug into her wrists. " FUCK YOU! FUCK ALL OF YOU!" She screamed more as she watched the blood run from her fingers.

Jason twitched slightly as the memories poured into his mind like a broken dam wall. It wasn't easy, but he had to hold onto those memories as he tried to slip through the bad ones and then good ones again. It was like a maze of memories of what had happened to her. Jason grabbed hold of the memories where Lakai's fingers were being cut and removed them, as easy as pressing delete button on a keyboard.

more_horiz
A young girl appaeared while Jason was going through Lakai's memories. She appeared to be maybe 7 or 8 years old. not very old. Her eyes were very similar to Lakai's. One blue and one green. She watched Jason and Lakai in Lakai's memory intently. She smiled sweetly up at Jason once he noticed her.

more_horiz
Jason kept looking at Lakai's confused mind. He began to see the memories like a black and white movie.Everything in it was just so messed up. How can humans hate his kind so much? Was they really that bad that humans couldn't stomach them? Jason grabbed on the memories where Michael was tipping Laika into the water and drowning her. It was the most cruelest telepath Jason has ever seen. Was he even a telepath? He seemed so much more powerful as he did all the things to Lakai without even showing a slight change in his emotions. It was the work of M.R.D in making over several months probably.

Jason then looked around as he deleted certain memories and noticed a young girl standing there. He guessed it was either Lakai as a kid or someone from Lakai's childhood. Jason began to approach the girl. "Hello, what is your name?"

more_horiz
The little girl smiled. She was wearing a denim skirt, a dirty tshirt, and cowboy boots. She walked up to him and held out her hand. " Lakai. my name is special. If you make fun of it my sissy will kick your butt. Do you have any candy?" She seemed really friendly with just a hint of shyness. Not at all like her adult self. She looked past Jason at her memories. " What are you doing?"

more_horiz
Jason never took the gaze off of the young girl. She was indeed Lakai when she was just a young girl. Nothing special about her, other then she was much younger. "Your name is very special and I wouldn't think of making fun of it. I am sure, Loika is very protective of you." said Jason, smiling at the young girl. Jason suddenly patted his pockets for candy. "I am sorry, it appears I do not have any candy with me. If I knew I was going to meet you, I would have brought some with me."

Young Lakai asked Jason a question about what he was doing here. "Well,I am just trying to help your older self to overcome some hard times and deleting memories which have turned you mentally unstable."

more_horiz
Young lakai only seemed to be paying half attention to what Jason was saying to her. She danced/spun around like a little kid would." How do you know my sissy's name. Mommy sent her away cause she was bad. Yur silly. What does deleting memories mean? Is that like when you delete stuff on a computer? Im not crazy. Dont tell my mommy i am or she will send me away too." She looked kind of sad then skipped up to Jason and smiled. The young Lakai seemed to age a little more from a little girl to a tween.

more_horiz
"I know your sister's name is because I am from the future and she's a student at Xavier's Institute for Gifted Youngsters." said Jason as he looked around. He has to wrap up the conversation with Lakai now and move on, otherwise he'll never finish his work here. "Deleting memories means I remove the corrupted ones. The ones which do not benefit Lakai in the future. She's been hurt by a bad woman and now she sees things which aren't there and believes that she's on fire. So, I am trying to help her and fix her." said Jason.

more_horiz
The slightly older lakai looked about 12 but she was in very short shorts and a tight tank top. She still had a sweetness about her but she seemed more hardened. She looked around and took a pack of cigarettes out of her back pocket and lit one up. She smirked at Jason. " I'm a badass some day? suweet! i knew i had potential." she offered Jason a cigarette and pointed at the memories Jason was working on. "Those aint the bad ones you are lookin for though. Her really bad ones are deeper rooted. We arent allowed to go there otherwise id show ya." By we she meant Lakai's different versions of her self at different ages that lived in her memories. This girl was just one of them.

more_horiz
"You are, and I regret to tell you that its hurting you and people around you. Everyone ha--dislikes you and you don't care though." said Jason as he looked at Loika and then stood up, looking into the distance. "Well, I have to move on, time waits for no one." Jason smiiled as he slowly began to fade out of the memories. He opened his eyes and looking around, realized he was just inside of Lakai's head. In the room, sat Shikon, but where was Sara. Maybe she went to bed already. Jason felt exhausted as if he ran three miles just now. "Lakai should be find now. I didn't delete all her memories of being with that woman, but all the bad ones are gone though. I think I know what she will try do next." said Jason as he stood up and went over to the sink, to wash his hands out of habit.

more_horiz
Shikon awoke with a startle. He was having a nightmare and it scared the hell out of him. Then he noticed Jason was out Lakai's mind. He had done and there was no way Shikon could ever repay the debt he owed to Jason. "What is she going to do next? Tell me so if it causes anyone else pain I can stop it. I know she probably isn't completely better, but I need to know how I can help. She counted on me Jason. Do you know what it's like to have everyone you know and love counting on you; and then you fail them? It's the worst possible feeling. So tell me what she might do." Shikon felt a small tear run down his face as it was looking at the ground. Time seemed to slow for a moment as the tear fell to the ground. This was the second time Shikon had ever cried for Lakai.

more_horiz
Lakai woke up slowly. She had a headache and she blinked at the bright lights. She suddenly realized she had no idea where she was. Nothing looked or smelled familiar. She jumped up and let out a growl. She hadnt realized she was in the med bay and fell off of the edge of the bed.

She hit the floor with a thud and rolled to her feet. She looked over the edge of the bed at Andrews and shikon. Her eyes looked like that of a feral animal. She looked at them with a confused expression on her face. She was yet to speak.

more_horiz
Jason looked down at Lakai who just woke up and then his gaze shifted to Shikon, "I think she is going to go after that lady Scarlett, I wouldn't be surprised if she did. After all she has gone through, it would be the vengeance talking to her and not her reasoning." said Jason as he stole few glances back at Lakai again and then at Shikon. "The only suggestion I have for how you can help her, is to keep her from hurting others, but she might not listen to reasoning alone." said Jason as he walked and squated beside Lakai now.

"Lakai, do you know where you are? Do you know who I am?" asked Jason. He was testing her to see if she regains any of her past memories ones that Jason didn't eliminate. Ones that made her who she was.

more_horiz
Lakai looked around the room. Her muscles were all tensed up. " I dont know who you are or what you want but my parents will make you regret kiddnapping me. My father will kill you if my mother doesnt first." She didnt seem to recognize Shikon or Jason at all.

She looked down at her clothes and looked confused even at that. " These arent mine..." She rubbed her head as a headache was starting to set in. She growled under her breath at them to keep them back. In her head she didnt know they knew she could turn into a wolf.

more_horiz
Jason looked around the room. Did she really not remember them. It shouldn't be too long before Lakai realized who they were. Jason stepped in front of her. "I am Jason, and you are at Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters." said Jason as he tried to explain to Lakai. He knew dealing with memories and past was a tricky business, and if done improperly, it will have a wrong effect on the person. But Jason believed he didn't make any mistakes, how could he? He wasn't even long gone to destroy any of the memories. "Do you recognize that men?" asked Jason, turning to look at Shikon. Maybe he could help Lakai remember.

more_horiz
Lakai took a step back when Jason took a step forward. She let out a startled growl when her back jumped into the wall. If she were an animal her fur would have been standing on end. " OF COURSE I DONT KNOW WHO HE IS! And what the fuck is xavier's school for gifted youngsters? Why the hell am i here?" Her body started to tremble with an oncoming shift preparing itself.

more_horiz
Shikon was sitting there taking it all in. Lakai couldn't remember who he was or anyone of them for that matter. Damn he thought as he stood up. "Hmph. Even when I win I still lose. I'm sorry I wasn't thee for you when I should have been Lakai; I let this happen. And dammit I'll make it right some how. Even if you don't remember me you should remember all the good times we had. All the fights we had with Rachel. The time I injured my leg. All that I want you to remember. Most of all I want you to remember who you are." Shikon took a few steps to Lakai. The best way in the wold world to show dominance is to not back down and show that you are the alpha. "C'mon Lakai I know some where deep down you must remember me. There's no way you can't." He took a few more steps closer to her. "Hmph don't growl. It's very unbecoming of someone who doesn't remember the ones who care for her. Lakai you also know that deep down no matter how many times we sparred, no matter how many times you shape-shifted into a wold, or how much of my powers you absorbed you could never beat me. So if you shift into a wolf I'll stop you whether I love you or not."

more_horiz
In Lakai's mind Loika had never come to her parents house and gotten her kicked out. " Are you with Stryker? I-im not a wolf. Im not like my sister. I havent seen her in years." She shrank back into the corner she was cornered into and looked around the room realizing it was medical equipment. Her eyes widened. She assumed she was in Stryker's lab already.

" You wont take me like you took my sister!" She stood up quickly and vaulted over the bed she had been laying in. The only one blocking her path to the door was Jason but she assumed he would be easy to get past.

more_horiz
Jason wanted to ease Lakai's pain but it seemed she wouldn't understand any of it, until Jason took her to see herself years ago. "Lakai, please calm down, I will show you who you are and what you are doing here." said Jason as he ran his hand across air as if he was brushing something away from his face and hair. But they were actually were now standing at Lakai's house, including Shikon with them. He had to be there to see what Lakai have gone through and what she has given up.

"This is where it all began, you and Loika both lived in this house."

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum