X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

The Peace Ball - It Begins (PG-13)

descriptionCompleteThe Peace Ball - It Begins (PG-13)

more_horiz
The Peace Ball - It Begins (PG-13) Gv1Mxfi
The Peace Ball - It Begins (PG-13) L6gzOjR
The day of the Peace ball had finally arrived. Any and all mutants who had "registered" were already on the guest list. Xmen, neutrals, brotherhood, all were invited to the ball. It was a fight free zone to keep both mutants and humans attending the ball safe.

Inside The Ballroom ( a place for fancy events) there were staircases leading up to the ballroom and dining hall. The colors for the event were white, silver. an black. Everything was perfect down to the silverware. An small band was setting up instruments like cello, violin, piano, all for a night of dancing. Coordinators for the even and security milled about making sure everything was to go perfect. The Mayor and his wife were the first to arrive.

The guests were starting to arrive as well. Limos would pull up, an attendant would help the ladies out, and they would be greeted by the mayor and his wife inside at the top of the steps.

Loika arrived at The Ballroom with Peter. The others would be along at their own speed. When their limo pulled up the attendant opened the door and helped Loika out. Loika stepped out in her red dress . She held her belly with one hand as she stepped out. She felt a little awkward around all the other girls. She stood on the curb and waited for peter to step out.

descriptionCompleteRe: The Peace Ball - It Begins (PG-13)

more_horiz
Jake opted to not use the limo. He preferred to pick up his girl with his own car. He picked up Abigail in his 69' dodge charger For the ball and brought her to The Ballroom himself. She looked absolutely amazing to him. He was the luckiest guy tonight to have her as his date.

When the arrived at the Ballroom he passed off the keys to the valet. " Not a scratch on the ride man." He went around to the passenger door to open it for Abigail. He gave the attendant a look to back off and then held out his hand for Abigail. " You ready gorgeous?"

more_horiz
Sara made sure to help the other girls get ready before she got herself ready. It also gave her some alone time with Jason which made her pretty happy. She got dressed and checked her makeup one last time before she got in the limo with Jason.

She relaxed in the seat. She hoped everything was going to go off without a hitch. Especially with the martial law going on right now, all of the mutants needed a break. She held Jason's hand and smiled at him. " Lets have fun tonight... but keep an ear out. Loika told me shes been having a feeling like somthing is going to happen. Im sure its nothing but we can never be too safe."

more_horiz
Lakai took her dress from the closet and started to get ready. She didnt care to be at the ball on time. It wasnt her style. Besides, she would have to see her sister's boyfriend and at this point she wasnt fond of him. But it was a fight free zone so she couldnt fight him if she wanted to.

She was starting to do her makeup when she called out to Shikon. " Im starting to get ready Shikon. What time are you going to get ready? You remembered the ball tonight right?"

more_horiz
Jason steeped out of the limo as he fixed his jacket. He looked very handsome tonight. For it was a special occasion. There was nothing to be scared of and nothing, surely there was no violence to be had. After all, everyone was coming to the dance. Jason leaned closer to Sara."Loika told me shes been having a feeling like something is going to happen. I'm sure its nothing but we can never be too safe."
Jason nodded in agreement. "I agree, but let's not be too obvious." Surely, something was going to happen. It always did. No event has ever gone smoothly or as expected as he thought. Jason pulled away from Sara to only approach drinks table.

more_horiz
Mikey who just done droping His stepbrother back to there Men-Cave for tonight. He stepout from the car with his Black Jacket, White Shirt under the button black jacket, Pants and a Black Bowtie. He look like he is ready to take over the party. He Look at the cuffs of it and saw that before he were it, He put in com-links from here and back to the man-cave via by Jeff's Cellphone. He step into the Party and see there is a few peoples came. He got himself something to drink and walk to a nearby window and said to himself" Well stepbro, the party is good, i need to post in what going on.
He starting drinking his drink and going into deep in thoughts of a new game.

more_horiz
Sara walked into The Ballroom holding to Jason's arm. She adjusted her dress while Jason went off to the drink table. She saw Loika entering with Peter and waved at them. She loved the students. They were just as much of a family to her as Jason was. She was willing to protect them all with everything.

As Loika was walking towards her, Sara heard another voice. " Finally I meet the woman behind the man. Welcome Mrs. Andrews." The mayor said. He and his wife had noticed the arrival of the Headmaster and his wife of Xavier's school. " I am very honored to have Xavier's school attend our event. I hope this a good step towards peace between everyone." Sara shook his hand and his wife's hand. " We wouldnt miss it Mayor, peace is important to us as well. Be assured we will make sure our students behave." She spoke confidently but she felt an uneasyness. Maybe it was just because she was used to being suspicious of humans but something just didnt feel right.

more_horiz
Mikey was in deep thinking about this ball. And mostly with his stepbrother Jeff. He thought about it and said to himself" Bro man i do own you my number and everything that i own, i have a felling i won't make it with this." he sit ontop of the wood part near the window and think about his times in capcom. He still work in Capcom as a game tester.
He look at the cuffs on the jacket and said" Jeff my bro, you are awesome"

more_horiz
Rachel heard music as she came out of her limousine. Stephan brought Rachel here as two of them made their way into the ballroom. Rachel didn't have a date, so she invited Stephan, who reluctantly decided to come and accompany Rachel.

Rachel leaned close to Stephan and smiled. "Looks like the party already started," she said.
"...or about to start." added Stephan.

At first Rachel wanted to wear her purple dress, but decided to dress in her red outfit. On her face was a mascaraed mask, she wasn't trying to hide from anyone, but decided it was rather appropriate. As Rachel was making her way across the room. She spotted Jason, and his wife Sara. They seemed to be busy talking to a strange man she has never seen before.

more_horiz
Peter stepped out of the limousine and extended his hand in a curvy form, like they did in marrige. He would not let anything spoil Loika's day. She already had too much to worry about, without being judged about her belly a girl who would be an amazing kid to them both.

Andrews' already made here, wasn't surprising. Then he saw a lady in a red dress, recognizing her as Rachel Mason. What was she doing here? The last time he saw her, she lived in Alaska and worked at some cheap, run-down bookstore with japanese fellow. Peter guessed she decided to move back to New York. WOW...that lady needs to find a place to settle down.

Turning his attention to Loika, he smiled. "So, what do you want to do?" he asked, looking at her.

more_horiz
Loika walked alongside peter. She was glad he was with her. He always knew how to make her smile. She was excited that they finally knew they were having a girl. Even Peter seemed to be happy. Now if she could just shake this feeling. " Well I dont think I want to dance. I doubt I would look as graceful as they other girls. Look Sara is waving to us. Who is she talking to? "

She noticed the older man and woman that was talking to Sara. They looked important. And Sara looked insanely awesome in her dress. She wouldnt be surprised if men stared at her all night. As long as they didnt think anything about her around Jason they might be okay. Loika rubbed peter's arm. " Wanna go see what she wants?"

more_horiz
"Y-yeah," Abigail muttered, a blush working its way across her cheeks. If it wasn't for Jake and the dress she already bought, she wouldn't be here. She took his offered hand and allowed him to lead her into the ballroom."Um, thanks for bringing me and everything. You look good too." She ducked her head so Jake wouldn't see her face get even redder. Gah! Why was she so bad with boys?

Looking around uneasily, she was at a lost on what to do. "I haven't really been to a ball before or even a dance, so would you mind taking the lead?" She adjusted the hem of her dress and brushed back a strand of hair self consciously. Instead of her usual messy bob, she had taken the time to brush it till it shone. It felt strange to be so dressed up.

more_horiz
Mikey seeing more peoples coming to the Ball. He stand and saw Mr.Jason. He see a awesome girl, and a young Boyfriend and Girlfriend going out. He look at himself and said" Do they have a bar?" He saw A bar and a bartenner. He walk to the bar and said" Hello Can you hit me with a Saku Bomb?" The BarTenter Hit him with the Saku bomb, he starting to drink the Saku Bomb and said"Thank you" He walk around and see Mr.Jason, a Hot Girl with Jason and the Mayor of New York.
He Said to Mr.Jason"Excuse me, I am so sorry Mr.Jason Happy New year, how you been?"

more_horiz
Jason was drinking cold Coke Zero and looking at his wife. She was so stunning in that mermaid dress. It was amazing. When suddenly he heard someone from behind him. Jason turned his head toward the person who was standing next to him. It was just Mikey. "Oh, hey Mike," said Jason surveying the man.

"I am doing alright. Just came here to enjoy some dancing and food and to get away from all the chaos on the outside...erm...excuse me. I need to be with my wife." said Jason as he walked back to Sara and stood by her, not wishing to interrupt them.

more_horiz
Mikey said to Jason" I am So sorry about that i let you be with your wife, i hope you both have a good time in the ball. He walk away from Jason and his wife and found a window and see Jeff waving by one of the trees. Mikey Wave at him he click on the cuffs on the jacket and said to it" Yo Jeff it work, Call you back later". Jeff got the call from Mikey and said" Dude i Rock,he went back hiding"
He look at the ball and said" Well atleast the ball is doing good!"

more_horiz
The mayor smiled warmly at Jason. He seemed kind. For a politician. He reached out to shake Jason's hand. " I was just speaking to your beautiful wife. You are very gracious for taking in troubled kids like you do. I dont know how you do it."

Sara was okay until He called the kids troubled. Not all of them were troubled. If they were troubled it was almost always a human's fault anyways. She tried to hold in her anger even though her cheeks blushed with anger. She forced a smile. " Yes thank gooodness someone is around to care for the troubled kids." She said keeping her professional face up but still fuming a little.

more_horiz
Jake pushed some of Abby's hair back behind her ear for her and smiled. " In case i havent told you yet, you look amazing tonight. Like crazy beautiful." He whispered in her ear. He wrapped his arm around her gently. He was actually really starting to fall for her. The first time in a long time. He noticed some of the other mutants at the ball. Some were neutral like him, some were brotherhood, some were xmen. He was curious to see how things played out.

more_horiz
Jason placed his arm around Sara's shoulder. It's alright, Sara, just ignore those comments. It's going to be fine, said Jason to Sara telepathically. It was indeed a rude thing to say about less fortune or confused kids. "With all due respect, mayor. They are not troubled kids. They are just confused and scared kids who were thrown out of their house because of their special abilities." he said, looking to the left and then back at the mayor. "So, for you to say they are troubled, is slightly offensive. They are indeed a wonderful and quiet handful for us. They are just looking for a place to belong. And Xavier Institute offers them a safe place to reside until they find their own way into the world."

Jason for some reason was shaken up about the speech. One minute he's telling Sara to be calm, the other one he's jumping into the fire already. "I am sorry...I shouldn't have said those things." Jason turned to Sara. "Would you care for some dancing, hon?"

more_horiz
And here he was. Truly the least likely place he would have pictured himself; partying at a real ball, hosted by the Mayor of all people. It was named the Peace Ball, though Kelly doubted peace would persist for very long.

It was an inevitable fact: you put people together with wine and controversy, and peace was the last thing you were going to walk out with. Granted, some of them might just have a good time here, dancing and enjoying the hospitality of the Mayor; though most would probably leave with hurt feelings and a clearer view of whose side they were on.

Kas was here to do what he did best, which was gathering information.

He appeared at this high-class event in a white suit jacket and slacks, and a sapphire blue button-up beneath. His hair was combed for a change, and a mellow woodsy cologne masked the usual smell of ozone that hung around. Without a tie, and still sporting his dusty Nikes, the studious could pick out that he didn't quite belong here. Though Kas did a good job of blending in, simply meandering around amongst the other party-goers, and keeping his senses open.

Those with more than average skills of observation or gifts such as his own could catch the faint hum to the air around this unassuming young man while he weaved through those gathered at the entryway, snikkering quietly at the snippet of scolding conversation he eavesdropped on as he zeroed in on the nearest waiter with a tray of champagne.

more_horiz
Loika's senses were in overdrive. She was trying to watch everything at once. Every person she met she was trying to memorize their scent in case she needed to. She was listening to every sound for everything suspicious.

She raised an eyebrow when she reached Sara and Jason with Peter. Both of them seemed pretty tense. She figured they would be the ones most comfortable here. They were better at the political crap than us kids she thought to herself. They were still talking to that older man and what she assumed was his wife.

The man extended a hand to her and introduced himself as the mayor. She smiled and started to introduce herself but suddenly gripped Peter's arm hard. "I smell HIM on the mayor. I smell Stryker. WHY does he have his scent." She was panicing mentally but keeping up a semi straight face.

The mayor's wife also shook her hand. " I see you are expecting, isnt it just magical? When are you due?" The wife started to make chit chat but Loika was already feeling anxious. " e-excuse me my throat is a bit dry, i need some water." She excused herself from the conversation before she spazzed out or did anything that could emberass the school.

OOC: Jason feel free to not believe Loika's claim that she smelled stryker. You can be skeptical at first if you want. Like shes just hormonal or anxious or something.

more_horiz
The mayor seemed genuinely concerned that he offended Jason and Sara. " My apologies Mr and Mrs Andrews. I meant no offence. Ah this must be a couple of your students." He said when Peter and Loika walked up. He and his wife started to chat with them.

Sara put an arm lovingly on Jason to calm him. She knew he was just as irritated as she was. Tonight was going to be a hard night for everyone emotionally and mentally. She noticed Loika suddenly stiffen up after meeting the mayor. She knew Loika pretty well so she knew when something was wrong. She thought quickly. " Our apologies mayor but we dont want to monopolize you the entire evening." She smiled sweetly. " We are going to get this girl some water then dance and possibly mingle a bit. We cant stay too late. The children do have school after all." She made a small giggle and the mayor and his wife laughed with her. " I guess you are right. Enjoy the party. It was a pleasure to meet you all." Again. he seeemed genuine.

more_horiz
Jason could tell something wasn't right. The way Loika acted meant the trouble was brewing somewhere here. It wasn't a good thing. Jason smiled at the mayor as he walked away with Sara. But then again, she could just be going through the whole pregnancy thing. Maybe it was making her anxious or something. Jason didn't push the bar any further, instead he turned Sara and took her hand. "Shall we dance, my love?" asked Jason as he heard music changed.

Jason wasn't the type of guy who danced, but this was a special occasion he had to loosen up and just try and enjoy himself. "I think Loika is not really taking this very well. I mean being pregnant is not fun, you should talk to her after this dance, see what's wrong. I don't want to look as if we conspiring against these guys. They might take it as a sign of hostility...and that's the last thing we need or want." said Jason.

more_horiz
Isabella knew about the Peace Ball, but who needed peace? Only X-Men! They were scared little things, never caring about anyone but themselves and this stupid thing they called 'peace for mankind and mutant kind'. Isabella was going to show peace to them.

Raising thousands dead soldiers from World War II, she ordered them to make ranks. They did without any words or any protesting. They were dead, it didn't really matter to them. She stood in front of them and spoke in a motivational way. "For too long have X-Men taken over the spotlight, and we have hid in shadows. For too long have humans digrated us and made fun of our kind. We are all human with touch of specialty; our abilities. And if they can't see that, then they all must perish in fire and bones," said Isabella.

The skeletons, fully dressed in dirty and bloody outfits all cheered and yelled with Isabella. "Men! Move out!" said Isabella as she pointed toward the place where party was supposedly held. It was going to be so much fun.

more_horiz
OOC: Isabella, The peace ball is one of the few places that is a fight free zone. All mutants were invited by the mayor as a sign of good will as long as they submited a blood test. You are more than welcome to attend the ball. There are brotherhood ( including the girlfriend of leader), x-men, and neutrals. So you may join but not fighting. Thank you.

IC:

Sara wrapped her arms around Jason's neck and slow danced with him. Enjoying the closeness. It was nice. Almost like their wedding. That seemed like it was a hundred years ago. She nodded and pretended to be having a friendly conversation with her husband in case anyone was watching. Which meant she was still smiling. " I dont know Jason. As soon as the mayor shook her hand she seemed upset. You could be right though. Maybe it was his cologne or something. My mom said when she was pregnant with my younger brother she couldnt stand the smell of daddy's cologne. " She laid her head on Jason's shoulder. " Sheis feeling a bit self concious about how she looks. ill talk to her after this dance. She swayed along with Jason, enjoying the moment of semi peacefulness.

more_horiz
Lakai arrived at the peace ball all done up. She was excited to see her sister. She rarely got to since she assumed the X-men didnt consider her welcome anymore. When she entered the ballroom she scanned the crowd. She wrinkled her nose. So many scents assaulted her at once when she entered the room. She itched to walk around touching mutants, see what their powers were. There was a were in here somewhere. Interesting.

She saw the professor and his wife dancing on the ballroom floor. She spotted other students enjoying the ball but most important to her she saw her sister sitting at a table with peter. She was sipping water but she looked upset. Lakai grabbed a champagne as a waiter walked by and headed across the room to her sister. It was funny. She was underaged but the waiter didnt stop her. It wasnt like she didnt drink but it still made her laugh. Did they fear the mutant's powers here or was it a sign of good faith? either way it didnt matter.

She sat down at their table and rubbed her sister's should. " Hey watermelon smuggler, whats up? Did this doushe make you upset or something? Cause i can totally rough him up for you. I wont even rip a stitch on my dress while i do it either." She gave peter a look in case he was the offender.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum