X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Just a trip through Mutant Town.

descriptionCompleteJust a trip through Mutant Town.

more_horiz
Shikon walked into the town of mutants. His bandanna hid all of his face except for his blue eyes. He didn't want to be recognized, although not many gave him any attention anyway. He took extreme measures to not bump into anyone. Jemson said there was a special mutant here that could help our cause against the Martial Law. The only question is where is this person Shikon thought to himself.

descriptionCompleteRe: Just a trip through Mutant Town.

more_horiz
Lakai walked silently next to him. She was dressed from head to toe in black. She had been alot quieter since she returned from Russia. The cuts and bite marks were taking their damn time healing. She had a couple cuts and a bite mark on her face that were almost healed. Though they would scar. The spray stryker had used on her was working its way out of her system. She would loose a couple hours of time, or she could feel it trying to take over and she would stop it. She didnt talk to Shikon at all about what happened. Just that her sis and her niece were safe and she still hated her sister's boyfriend.

Today she was helping Shikon track someone. She kept her nose and ears peeled for anything. she wrinkled her nose. " It really smells here. bad." She commented. She would steal little glances over at him.

more_horiz
Shikon chuckled under his breath. He sighed and brought his hands behind his head. He was still curious as to what happened in Russia, but he was never the one to push. Shikon was just glad to have company especially since it was Lakai. "Well this is the porrest district of the world. I feel bad for all these people...it isn't right" Shikon walked further and a little to the side hoping Lakai wouldn't notice him trying to get a little closer to her. "Have you sensed anything yet?" Shikon asked politely and pulled his bandanna down a little so she could see him smile at her then put it back up.

more_horiz
Lakai noticed Shikon walk closer to her. Her suspicions were confirmed when he lowered his bandana to smile at her. She smirked back at him. She reached out and took his hand in hers. She held onto his hand while still walking. " I meant it smells strongly of mutants here. Its hard to distinguish different scents. Ive got it though. This guy isnt much farther."

She did a cute little hopping step over a piece of trash. " Sorry ive been... out of it since i came back. Some rough stuff went down. Stryker took a bunch of us. Kept us in cages like freakin animals. Stryker used this stuff on me..." she kicked an empty can out of her way. " Made me his own personal attack dog. I attacked Loika and couldnt stop myself. Thats where i got the cuts and stuff."

She stopped suddenly and cocked her head to one side. Smelling deeply she could smell the man they were looking for. They were very close.

more_horiz
When Lakai grabbed his hand he was glad his bandanna was up. Shikon felt his face turn red. Just her holding my hand makes me smile. Man I'm lame Shikon thought to himself.
"Don't worry Lakai. At least you and your sister got away that's all I care about" he smiled at her again after he tucked his bandanna into his pocket. Shikon noticed Lakai take a deep breath all of a sudden. "I take it you found him" Shikon asked

more_horiz
She inhaled deeply through her nose. Her eyes were closed in concentration. She gave his hand a little squeeze and opened her eyes. She was focused on an alley down the street. Her body was completely tense like a hunting dog that found a scent. " Ahead. In that alleyway. I smell the scent you gave me. If its him then yes. I found him." She was proud of herself. She had really been working on tracking and was getting better at it.

more_horiz
Shikon smiled I wonder who this person is. I wonder what power they have. He squeezed Lakai's hand back, and turned to face the alley she spoke of. "Well lets not wait around. We aren't getting any younger." He started to walk in the direction of the alley when he tripped and fell over a rock. That did not just happen he thought to himself as he stood up. "Well...that could have been better" he smiled at Lakai.

more_horiz
Lakai looked at him eyes wide with concern. She had been so intent on concentrating on the scent that she had lost focus of everything else. She was checking him over for injuries but he seemed alright. He had to be if he was making jokes. She reached out to take his hand again and flames sparked from her hand. She sidestepped quickly and made a startled yelp. " WHAT the hell was th-" She closed her eyes and laughed at her moment of idiocy. She had been holding Shikon's hand. She had "borrowed" power. She stared down at her hand. " Cool." She said in facination.

more_horiz
Shikon laughed when he saw Lakai jump from the flames. Flames were natural to him. Even raging forest fires didn't bother him. "Well that was interesting. At least you didn't hurt yourself. When I first did that I set a tree on fire and wound up with burns down my leg. Nice control though" he smiled at Lakai and held his hand out to her "Shall we continue?"

more_horiz
Lakai was still mesmerized by the flame that had errupted from her hand. She continued to walk alongside shikon but also continued to play with the flame on her hand. She formed a flaming ball on the palm of her hand and rolled it around like a fushigi ball. She smirked, feeling a little cocky. "this is pretty cool... wish it would last longer." she was getting distracted by her newfound talent.

more_horiz
Shikon noticed how Lakai enjoyed playing with fire. "Don't get too cocky. Although that's a nice trick there." After a few more moments of walking down the alley Shikon noticed something out of the corner of his eye. He stopped and walked over to a little alcove of boxes. He threw back one of the boxes and there was a small child. She can't be more than seven or eight years old, and yet she's living on the street he thought to himself. He looked at Lakai and pulled out his wallet. The little girl looked up at him and tears started to form in Shikon's eyes. He could she hadn't eaten in a long time. He pulled out $600 and gave it to the little girl. "Buy yourself some clothes, and a few meals. Save the rest. Go on and take it." he smiled at the little girl when her trembling hand took the money, stuffed it in her pocket and ran off. Shikon stood up and smiled.

more_horiz
Lakai was thoroughly enjoying her new fushigi ball trick with the flames. She watched shikon with the child and smiled. It was kind of sweet but it could prove to be a fault. She tossed the flame to her other hand and watched as the child ran off. " shes a lookout ya know. That guy we are chasing, they have a similar scent. Shes. Sibling at least." she looked up at a figure that was running away on the roof. "you are looking for him." she said calmly and pointed.

more_horiz
"I know she is. I still don't want either of them starving or freezing to death." Shikon noticed Lakai point out the man and he sighed. He unbuttoned his jacket and looked at Lakai. "So who do you think will catch him first? You or me?" Shikon smiled and jumped up to a low branch in a tree.

more_horiz
Lakai kissed him quickly before he jumped up into the tree. " ill catch him first baby!" she yelled after him as she took off her own coat and tossed it to the ground. She shifted to wolf and jumped up onto a dumpster. From the dumpster she jumped onto a fire escape from there and ran up the escape to the roof. She took off after the man from there.

more_horiz
Shikon felt his face flush red when Lakai kissed him. He stumbled for a moment. "C'mon Lakai you know that isn't fair! I'll definately catch him first dear!" Shikon climbed the tree quickly and jumped onto the building. He took off after both Lakai and the strange man. He tried to catch with Lakai for a moment and then realized he should slow up. let her tire herself out first. Then he can go in for the win. He slowed his pace a little but never let Lakai out of his sight.

more_horiz
Lakai laughed when shikon complained she cheated. Which she did. She knew the kiss would throw him off. She raced ahead of him after the man they were looking for. She looked back over her shoulder occasionally to make sure he was still there. She ran full out, enjoying herself for once as she ran.

She lept over obstacles on the roof and ran like a blur. She was closing in on the man that was running from them when he jumped an incredibly long distance. She hesitated a little before jumping and she jumped. She didnt jump quite far enough and she landed holding on to the edge barely with her front paws. Her back paws scratched at building as she tried to pull herself up.

more_horiz
Shikon had a little heart attack when he saw Lakai miss her jump. Shikon ran at full speed now. I won't let her fall. I won't let her get hurt. Not again, not ever. I made that promise and I intend to keep it he thought. He was closing in on the gap and ran harder pulling on all his strength. He jumped and barely made it, crumpling his landing when he hit the other side. Shikon ignored the pain and grabbed Lakai's paws."Don't worry Lakai. I got you." Shikon strained all his muscles to pull Lakai up. He'd lifted Lakai a lot, but lifting her in her wolf form was another thing. He pulled her up all the way, and collapsed on his back, and panted.

more_horiz
Lakai used her back paws to help push her up while Shikon pulled. She could sense his heart beating fast. She was going to hear about this later. When she got up over the ledge she collapsed next to him panting for a few breaths. " SORRY!" She panted and licked his face a few times before taking off after the guy again. She was going to catch him.

She had to follow his scent since he had a bit of a head start on her. She finaly caught sight of him and surged forward. Before he could jump again she cornered him against a satellite. She growled at him and barked to keep him there till shikon could catch up. She was still panting hard but managed to appear scary.

more_horiz
When Lakai likcked his face he laughed. He always did. When she took off Shikon had to put all his weight on his good leg. Certainly makes this race interesting he thought to himself. Shikon bit his lip and surged forward in spite of the pain. It took him longer than liked, but he finally made it there. "Alright Lakai you win this round" Shikon panted hard, and fought to control his breathing. When Shikon finally managed to calm his lungs he walked forward and gestured for the man to sit. He refused, so Shikon shrugged and looked at Lakai.

more_horiz
Lakai was laying on the ground panting hard like a dog on a hot summer day while shikon tried to talk some sense into the man. Though it didnt seem to be going well. shikon shrugged and looked to her. It was her turn. She slowly got up and stretched like a lazy dog. The man seemed to relax at the same time. Lakai took that moment and sprang at him. He let out a startled yell and fell to the ground on his butt. He backed away quickly and bumped into the satellite. He screamed at shikon to call off his dog and he would tell him anything he wanted to know. Lakai was barking and snarling in his face.

more_horiz
Shikon laughed when the man fell. His laughter turned to a snarl when Lakai was called a dog. In her wolf form she was, but that still didn't fly with Shikon. He walked over to the man and rubbed Lakai's head as he walked by. Shikon grabbed the man's shirt and hauled him to his feet, and ignoring the pain in his leg again he spoke; "First things first. That girl right there isn't a dog. She is a lovable, and respectable woman and you best treat her as such. Second learn to respect those who can kill you in the time it takes your brain to tell you to breathe. And finally of course you'll tell me what I want to know. Now let's act civil eh?" Shiikon let go of the man, and watched him fall to the ground. He walked back to Lakai and smiled at her.

more_horiz
"Where there is Shikon, there is trouble!" said Rachel as she started to rise from the bottom of the roof to the top. He looked at Lakai and smiled at her. "Epic fall you did there, Mrs. Faelith." she chuckled. Rachel knew that she was disrupting their plans, but she didn't care. Rachel had a mission to uphold justice in this city. Especially District X, the one town she swore to clean up. She looked at the man, he wasn't Rachel's concern at the moment. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you have just taken a man hostage. And I am pretty sure that's against a law of New York. So, how about this..." said Rachel stepping in front of the man. "You take your girlfriend here somewhere far, far away and I promise I won't hurt you too bad. Or we can always solve our little issue here the hard and painful way."

more_horiz
Shikon sighed deeply. Her again eh? She just doesn't learn. Still I can't let Lakai get hurt, and I most definitely won't show my strongest powers now. I don't want to give up this information though. Shikon's thought were quick and acute. He looked at Lakai and smiled. "Alright Ms.Rachel...you can have this man. I've got all I needed out of him anyway. He's told me what I want to know." Shikon opened his wallet and pulled out more money. Ignoring Rachel he walked to the man's side and opened his hand and gave him the money and smiled. "Here you and your sister need it far more than I do. You two stick together no matter what. Don't let her get hurt. Thanks for letting me know where he is." Shikon smiled at the man, and stood up and walked back over to Lakai. Shikon buttoned the top button of his coat, and smiled. "Rachel you are interfering too much. You know not what you draw yourself into. When the time comes I won't even let Lakai be there if I can, although she probably won't let me go alone. C'mon Lakai. We need to talk where it doesn't reek of hypocrisy. Goodbye for now Ms.Rachel."

more_horiz
"No, I didn't!" blurted out man suddenly. "I didn't tell him anything." Rachel smirked slightly as she looked at the man and then at Shikon who was now walking away. Then, a bigger smirk appeared on her face. "I know you didn't..." said Rachel, walking away from the man little and walking behind Shikon, slowly.
"I was watching you as a raven the entire time. It's a shame Lakai didn't actually fall, such a pity. I'd love to see her spiraling out of control down to the ground." laughed Rachel. She knew she was going to strike a nerve soon. Its either going to be Lakai's or Shikon's and she didn't care which one.

"I am interfering because no one else will! And I will not stand by and watch you execute innocent man." said Rachel "The whole, 'I am helping less fortunate'...what happened to that? This man," she turned and pointed at the man sitting on the ground, "he didn't seem to need your help, yet you still pursued him. Why?" Rachel knew she was never going to get information from Shikon as long as that four legged dog was around him. His guard dog! "If you think your threats are going to bring me down, I suggest you find some humans instead. Because they don't!" with that said, Rachel walked back to a man and stood by his side.

more_horiz
Shikon stopped dead in his tracks at the man's lies. She obviously can't read signals, she can't tell a rock from a tree What stopped Shikon most was her talking about Lakai. No one did that. Shikon turned, and snarled at Rachel. "You...I'll kill you. I haven't hurt that man. I wasn't going to execute him. You need to grow the hell up." Shikon threw off his jacket and focused for a moment. "I learned a new technique while you were away. Lakai doesn't really approve, but oh well." Shikon smirked and closed his eyes. When he reopened them he opened his mouth at the same time. The wall of fire shot out. It spread more than 30 feet wide, and 30 feet high Dodge this you bitch he thought to himself.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum