X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Meeting Of Powers (PG)

descriptionCompleteMeeting Of Powers (PG)

more_horiz
Shikon walked into the Diner. It might be awhile before everyone gets here he thought. As he went and sat a booth a waitress quickly walked up to him. Before she could even ask Shikon spoke; "Coffee. Black. Thank you ma'am" Shikon smiled at the waitress. He didn't want to much attention. All he wanted was to talk to a set group of people. As Shikon sat down the images from the other day flashed through his mind. Malzahar's sacrifice to save both he and Lakai, the M.R.D. taking him away in a truck. Shikon looked out a window as his thoughts flew rapidly through his mind. I will save him. Even if I have to do it by myself he thought. Shikon was so entranced by his thoughts that he barely noticed the waitress bring his coffee to him. Shikon looked up at the woman and smiled. "I'll let you know if I need anything else. Thank you" Shikon then turned and looked back out the window.

descriptionCompleteRe: Meeting Of Powers (PG)

more_horiz
Loika was a tad annoyed the first time Shikon ignored her when she walked up and took his order. The second time when she brought him his order she set down the cup on the table a little harder than she needed to. " I know you see my sister more than me but i know you know what i look like. What kind of game are you playing coming into my place of work then treating me like im your servant?" She glared at him in irritation with one hand on her hip.

more_horiz
Shikon was distracted in his thoughts he hadn't even noticed it was Loika serving him. Damn. I was so caught up in my own world I managed to make her mad at me. Great. he thought as he turned abck to Loika. "Sorry Loika. I was in my own world. I'm actually waiting for a few other people, and you're one of the ones I need to talk to as well. It's important." Shikon took on a serious look as another image of Malzahar flashed through his mind. "When do you go on break next?" Shikon asked as he smiled at Loika. I hope everyone shows up soon. Else Loika might kill me he thought.

more_horiz
She looked around at the other customers at the diner then looked at the clock. " I still have a few tables left. Once those get cleared i have a 30 minute break. This better be good." She left him to enjoy his coffee while she checked on other customers. Shikon looked worried which made Loika worried. What trouble has he dug her sister into this time?

more_horiz
Kas entered the diner he knew Loika worked at. He walked in, eyes glued to the screen of his phone. Kas side-stepped someone leaving without looking up, and migrated to the table with the man who matched the description of who he was looking for. Eve had told him a little about Shikon in passing, though mostly, he was going on a feeling the rugged-looking man brooding alone was the one he was after.

Kas took a seat, and put an elbow on the table, resting his chin on one hand.
He stared across at the dark-looking character before him wordlessly for a long, awkward moment.
"So this is the big, scary Brotherhood leader."
He thought back to meeting Lakai at the Peace Ball and engaging in some harmless flirtation, then being informed he was messing with danger, as she was dating the leader of the Brotherhood.

"Heard about your friend."
He glanced away to scan the text on his phone, seemingly unperterbed about the subject- even though he was reading about it as they spoke.
"They're going to interrogate him soon."

more_horiz
This must be Kas Shikon thought as he turned and smiled. Shikon's eyes were already ice blue, and his anger was already too high. He looked back over at the man. This was Kas? He hardly looked like he could handle himself in a fight at all. While keeping an eye on him Shikon took the coffee mug and sipped at his coffee.

"Be careful who you talk to. I may not look scary, and big, but my powers certainly back me up. I take it you have heard about me from Eve then? If so believe that I don't hesitate to kill when people I care for are threatened. So be careful when you mess with my family. That means both Lakai and Eve." Shikon smiled at him, and let his hand burst to life. He watched for any reaction. Weakness meant death in the case of what they were going to do. Shikon had to be sure he wouldn't turn and run at the slightest hint of danger. "Your information is slow. They have already begun the interrogation. Malzahar is strong though. He can handle anything they can throw at him."

more_horiz
While Shikon gave him the first impression speech, Kas simply held a half-smile. The flames didn't do more than draw a glance. Fire, he could take.

"Yeah.. well the information is coming all the way from Las Vegas. I would steal an MDR Agent's phone here in New York, but they just keep avoiding me." He was being sarcastic, of course. MDR in Vegas wasn't nearly as orgainzed and on top of things as they were here in the heart of mutant country.

"Your friend better be. I think we can get him out, but it's going to be a real big pain in the ass."

more_horiz
Lakai walked into the diner and looked around. She knew her sister worked here. Hell Loika had gotten her a job here for a while. It was horrible. The outfit she was wearing grabbed the attention of young males in the diner as she practically pranced to the table. She could smell shikon's familiar and sexy smell before she even walked in.

She walked up to the table with a lolipop the shape of a dice in her mouth. She saw the boy from the mutant ball and smirked. " Well well well. The flirt finds me again. Tryin to win my heart again?" Lakai always moved in a somewhat seductive way weither it was purposeful or not. She took a seat next to Shikon at the booth and nuzzled her nose against his neck to give him a kiss. " Sorry im late babe. interesting company you have here."

more_horiz
Eve made her way into the Diner and sighed.She took out her ear buds,and looked around,feeling something in the air.
She may be Pyrokinetic,but she got this feeling whenever someone was around.
A special someone.She closed her eyes and felt everyone temperature,but not what she was looking for.
If she was right..she would find a less warm one.She tried harder,taking a step closer to the tables,when she felt it.The temperature she had been looking for.
"Guess the feeling was real..",she mumbled making her way through the tables.

She tried spotting Kas in the crowd,seeing that she felt his temperature difference,along with Shikon's and Lakai's.She spotted them after a while sitting not far from where she was and smiled.
She didn't use to be late but some heavy traffic was going on outside.
She made her way over to them and slowly walked behind Kas.
She smirked before bending and giving him a kiss on the cheek.She then smiled and made herself known,taking a seat next to him grinning.
"Sorry I am late...some heavy traffic going on out there..",she mumbled.She then looked at all of them carefully.
"Hope you weren't trying to kill each other..",she said with a smirk.

more_horiz
Loika walked up and took her apron off as she did so. She tossed it on the table and used her now free hands to put up her hair in a messy bun. She wrapped her arms around Eve loosely in a lazy hug and laid her head on her. " hiiiii girl. Dont worry if anyone kills anyone ill be doing the killing." She gave a tired smile and hugged eve a little tighter. " Dont worry. You're safe darlin."

more_horiz
Eve laughed and hugged Loika back tightly.She was glad she had met her that day at Kas's apartment.
If she hadn't met her,her life would be a little boring when Kas wasn't around.
Though thankfully she did meet her,and they became best friends right away.
She was jealous of her most of the time,because she wanted a baby too,but she would never say so.Life was different,and surely,luck was never on her side.

"Kick their butts Loika..",she said and let out another laugh.
"As long as you are the one protecting me I will not be afraid...",she said and pulled back to look at her.
Eve then pointed a finger at her,and put on a serious expression.
"Just make sure you do protect me.."
After that she burst out laughing and gave Loika a wink.

more_horiz
Loika let out a small breath and looked down. " Uh yeah guys... about that. I talked to peter about it..." She looked up with apologetic eyes." I dont think im going to be able to go. Peter doesnt like the idea of me being in that much danger for someone i dont even know.... which sucks because if we wouldnt have had help from people we didnt know we might not have gotten Mackie back."

She glances over at lakai. " Lakai i know you arent going to listen to me but i dont like the idea of you going either." She knew Shikon would die before he would let anything happen to her.

Her thought track changed direction. She tipped her head and looked at Lakai's outfit. " Jesus Christ Lakai are you going on a rescue mission or are you providing a strip show for Mel's diner?" The skirt she was wearing was dangerously short.

more_horiz
Lakai scoffed at her sister. She acted like she was married to Peter. That asshole was still leading her along. Lakai rolled her eyes. " Peter doesnt own you. Just go without him. You are pretty much indestructable." She took on a smart ass tone. " You can be our big bitchy shield."

She giggled when Loika made a comment about her clothing. " Whats the difference. It would be me walking in your footsteps anyway right? All of us here have seen you naked and didnt even pay for it." She sat up on her knees on the diner booth. And teased up the edges of her skirt. " Want me to provide some entertainment for the diner do ya?" As much as the faelith sisters did somehow love eachother and protect eachother they were still sisters which meant they still fought and teased eachother. Sometimes Lakai took it too far.

more_horiz
Kas stayed quiet, trying not to laugh as he put one arm around Eve, leaning closer and giving her a sweet little kiss on the cheek. Lakai was admittely attractive, but her personality ruined it all. He was glad not to be in Shikon's shoes- that was for certain.

"Anyway, before anyone starts undressing here..' a pointed glance was cast at Lakai 'should we get back to the real issue? If it's just three of us, we'll need a good strategy."

more_horiz
Shikon sat there quietly, he was letting the fun between the four of them proceed as it would. Shikon smiled at Lakai being a smartass. Leave it to her to start a war between them in the diner he thought as Kas brought up the real issue.

"If there is something I've learned Kas, it's that Lakai won't let me go out fighting without her. Even though I somewhat agree with Loika. Nothing I or anyone says will stop her. Back to the matter at hand though. My friend Malzahar, also known as Sandman was taken by the M.R.D. the other day. Lakai, and Eve here have already met him, and have some what grown fond of him I suppose. The M.R.D. are ruthless, and care not what happens to us when we try to save him. We need to be just as ruthless" Shikon took on a serious look. "We're just going to do this the old fashioned way. The only way that they won't see coming. We're going through the front door." Shikon smirked, and his arm around Lakai, and oulled her closer to him. "Anyone opposed to this? I also think this will be fun for us."

more_horiz
"YAPI-KA-YEY MOTHEFUCKER!" yelled Peter as he was nearly ran over by a car so close to Loika's place of work. He opened a door and a little bell rang, he looked around and saw a group of people sitting. "Who gave that fucker a license?" said Peter, chuckling as he spotted Loika. Everyone was looking at Peter, but he didn't care. There was no way they were going to remember him or his face two weeks from now on. He started walking toward Loika. Coming around the corner, Peter heard."Anyone opposed to this? I also think this will be fun for us."

"Like hell you will...without me!" smiled Peter as he heard Shikon talk about some person named Malzahar or whatever his name was. He saw Kas and some other girl and...LAKAI? What are the odds. "It's just ain't my lucky day seeing people I don't like. What has the world come to?" He saw Loika in a group of strangers and not much liked people. That meant something was going down.

more_horiz
Loika was preparing to scold her sister for disgusting behavior when Shikon seemed to rein her in. Loika was a bit envious that he had the power to stop Lakai in her misbehaving tracks. He knew her a very little time compared to the years Loika knew her. At least someone had a kill switch to that bomb.

She sat on the edge of a table that was next to the booth everyone else was occupying. she crossed her arms over her stomach as she listened to Shikon's plan. It sounded so wreckless. So Lakai. She would enjoy this. She wasnt going to think of the danger like Loika would. " are you guys crazy? What am i saying of course you are. Like i said peter-"

She jumped when Peter walked up to the table and expressed his opinion. Dammit another scent she missed today. She was distracted today. She jumped to her feet. " SHIKON, you need a refresher on that coffee. Everyone. Needs coffee. Got it!" She grabbed her apron from the table and hurriedly put it on as she walked quickly back to the counter where the coffee pot and cups were.

more_horiz
Lakai let shikon put an arm around her and she sat back down in a more lady-like manner. She knew he knew she was just having fun with them. Loika was a big stick in the mud. Big whoop she got her life on track and had a kid.

She leaned her head on Shikon as she became more serious. She was very fond of Malzahar. He had saved their butts numerous times already and the most important thing was that he was important to Shikon. She sucked on her Lolipop quietly and listened to Shikon's plan. " We will have more than three Kas. Loika's coming." She gave her sister a look.

Loika started to speak up again. Lakai smelled him seconds before he opened his big mouth. And like that when Peter walked up Loika was gone like a bullet. Blabbering like an idiot about coffee as she took off. " Awww hate you too ass tick." Lakai said in annoyance. " Seems like your woman shares the same sentiment as you. How romantic. Are you just pissy at Kas cause he saw your woman's jugs at the club?" Lakai smirked her regular smirk that made you wanna smack her upside the head. She was queen of bitchery and wasnt afraid to admit it.

more_horiz
Shikon was getting frustrated. He stood up, and hopped over Lakai in front of Peter.

"So you're this Peter I've been hearing about? Well if you're coming with us you need to learn some manners. You don't go bursting into a restaurant yelling like an idiot. Don't let Lakai provoke you into something you regret. I suggest you calm down. You don't own anyone here. Especially any one of us. We are free people, and are entitled to do as we please." Shikon's face grew into a snarl. He really couldn't stand people who thought they owned others. "Now I suggest you take a seat, and quiet down." Shikon pulled up a chair and gestured for Peter to sit down.

more_horiz
Peter looked as Loika dashed away. He'll talk to her later, he has to deal with present situation at hand. Peter turned to Lakai and smiled distastefully. "No, I am pissed because I have to see your ugly snout. How much shit did you have to eat to get your needed amount of protein?" before Lakai could say something back Peter, raised his hand and made a zip-it gesture with his fingers. "Don't answer it. I don't care."

Then he turned to a guy talking with his hands folded. He seemed to be in charge around. Peter sniffled his nose and wiped it with his wrist and leaned on the table, with one hand supporting him. "Listen pal, whatever your name is...I ain't own nobody. Besides," he looked at Lakai and then back at Shikon. "...I got enough of my own issues to deal with. I don't need extra load." said Peter. "I've got enough manners to last me a life time, unless you know why I yelled "like an idiot", I advise you mind your own damn business."

Peter stood up off the desk and looked around, he had to get Loika and talk to her. "Now," said Peter as he straightened his jacket and looked away. "excuse me, I've got some shit to take care off" and with that, Peter strolled off after Loika.

Several waiters tried to stop him from coming into the kitchens and reserved areas, but he didn't care he was going to get to Loika. He found her and looked her in the eyes. "What happened? Why did you run off when I walked in?"

more_horiz
Finally Shikon's mood took over. He drew the line at him insulting Lakai. "Alright asshole what did you say? Who the hell do you think you are strolling in here, and telling us what to do? Obviously you have no manners you idiot!" Shikon got up. He was sick of everything. With all the bad forces over Shikon's mind his arms lit a flare. Shikon started to walk to the kitchen. "I'll be damned if you think you can talk to us like that." Shikon's eyes turned ice blue, and the temperature of his arms rose. He wasn't going to deal with people like Peter. He was done with it.

more_horiz
Loika was pouring coffee into cups. Her heart was pounding like a rabbits. Why was he here? Checking up on her? After ignoring her and making her feel like she did something wrong? She pulled out a tray and set a couple of the cups of coffee on a tray and started to pour a 3rd cup when Peter walked up and started demanding answers. She missed the cup and poured hot coffee on her hand. She let out a startled pain sound. " dammit ow!" She dabbed at her hand with a towel.

She opened her mouth to say something and then changed gears and smiled. She completely ignored his question. " Are you hungry? Im sure i can get the cook to whip up something for you if you want?" She looked past Peter at Shikon and gave shikon a look to give them their space. The last thing she needed was to get fired because of a fight in the diner.

more_horiz
Lakai raised her eyebrows when Peter told her to shut her mouth. That little butt weasel really wanted to get his ass kicked today didnt he? Her body trembled with anger when he was in Shikon's face. It was one thing to mess with her. Another thing to mess with Shikon.

She gripped the table hard to keep herself from going after him as he went to the kitchen to look for her sister. She took some deep breaths and crunched her lolipop with one bite. She was still seething with anger but managed to not chase after Shikon and Peter. She looked to Eve and Kas. " My money is on Loika. Any takers?"

more_horiz
When Loika spilled coffee and cried out in pain, Peter sighted deeply and exhaled. He was worked up about something, but he didn't know what it was. Was it that guy who nearly ran him over made him like that? Peter shook his head. He looked at Loika, and his experession turned sour. "I am not hungry, goddmit" said Peter quietly, looking at her. "Loika, I can tell you are faking it. Stop it." said Peter. "I want to know why you left when I walked in. Is it something I said? Is it something I did?" He didn't know what to say or do anymore. "If you want me to leave I'll go, but not before you answer my question." said Peter.

Suddenly he turned to look behind him and saw that same dude with fire on his hands. "Didn't your mother teach you not to play with fire?" asked Peter as he reached out for his abilities deep within him. He grabbed it and waited for something to happen, but turned back to Loika. "Fucking pyromaniacs taking over the world." muttered Peter under his breath, which only he and Loika could hear.

more_horiz
Loika used the towel to mop up the rest of the mess on the counter. She grabbed a new cup and poured a fresh cup of coffee. She stayed quiet the entire time, trying to figure out what to say or what to do. " Like you could tell when im faking it..." She let slip out under her breath. She stepped around him and handed Shikon the tray off coffees. " Can you take these out to the table, ill be out in a sec." She looked at him pleadingly to give her some time.

She crossed her arms over her chest and looked down at her shoes. She really wasnt sure what to say. " dammit... peter i dont want you to leave. i...I just..." She traced a square of tile on the floor with her foot. " You either go all emotionally distant with me or you get angry. I dont know what your problem is." She was holding it in not to cry. Peter had a special ability in that he was probably the person who affected her so much.

She mumbled under hear breath, trying not to look him in the eye. " I dont care what you say. Im not letting my sister do this without me."

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum