X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Meeting Of Powers (PG)

descriptionCompleteRe: Meeting Of Powers (PG)

more_horiz
Shikon was caught off guard when Loika came, and handed him the tray of coffees. His emotions just drained away, and as he turned and walked off he mumbled "If you need me just holler. I won't hesitate to kick his ass." Shikon turned and walked back to the table. He set the tray on the table gently.

"I suggest you don't touch the tray. I'm pretty sure it'll burn your hands pretty bad. Also I'm certain the coffee will still be hot now." He smiled, and sat back down next to Lakai, and held her hand in his. "So anyone got any ideas on how to get through the front door?" He smirked at the thought of rescuing Malzahar, and maybe some other mutants unfortunate enough to get caught by the M.R.D.

more_horiz
Peter turned back to Loika. Peter was at loss for words. Was it his fault or not? And whether he should be leaving the place. He has already caused too much trouble. " dammit... peter i dont want you to leave. i...I just..." Peter stood mute, looking at her as if she wasn't real. Like she was a statue. " You either go all emotionally distant with me or you get angry. I don't know what your problem is."

Peter sighted at her saying that. "What do you mean emotionally distant?" asked Peter, his hands flying around like he was on fire. Peter sighted again, as he ran his hand through his hair. "You know what...I don't want to talk about this right now. So, just drop it." He was rather in a pleasant mood before Loika dashed away as if he was a parasite. "I don't care if you--never mind--do what you want." Peter shook his head. He turned and headed back to the table where everyone else sat.

Upon sitting down at the table, Peter looked at Shikon. "Sorry about the whole...the whole bullshit I laid on you. It was very rude of me." said Peter as he took a seat.

more_horiz
Shikon turned back to Peter who suddenly decided he wanted to be polite. His face turned back into a snarl. "Lets ge one thing straight. You have pissed me off. Royally for that matter. Help us or not I don't care. YOu don't like me, and I obviously don't like you. You hurt any of these people, any of my family Whether it be emotionally or psychically I won't hesitate to end you. Now all pleasantries aside we need a distraction when we go bursting through the front door. They have taken a member of our family, and we want him back. I want them to know that they aren't the rulers of this place, and that they can't do as they please. They won't show any mercy, and neither should we." Shikon was serious. He refused to lose anyone because they were soft. "If you can't handle killing someone leave now. I won't blame you if you do. Just know that if you stay you will end up killing someone." Shikon took on the leaders tone he had to use for all the Brotherhood, as well as the look. "As the leader I will take all responsibility. I want everyone to know that I am fully responsible for the blood that will be spilled. I won't leave any of you behind, but if the need arises you take Malzahar, and you leave me behind. This is how it will be laid out." He popped his neck, and knuckles then smirked. "For all who stay. Well...they won't even know what hit them."

more_horiz
Lakai took one of the cups of coffee and sipped at it. She made a face and reached for the cream and sugars at the table. She glared at Peter as she sugared up her coffee and added an insane amount of creamer. She tapped her lip thoughtfully with her spoon as she tried to come up with an idea. " What if..." she hesitated. She knew Shikon would hate the idea. " What if we just let ourselves get arrested?" She set her spoon down. " The only hitch i see, is Loika has this thing about not killing people."

more_horiz
"You can't get arrested. They'll collar you as well and we'll be nothing more but prisoners." said Peter. He has seen what happened to those who got caught by M.R.D and he wasn't about to let it happen to Loika. "The only reason I am coming is to watch out for Loika. I don't know, nor deeply care about your objective." said Peter, keeping in mind what Shikon said.
"Besides, how do you know they won't be expecting us at the front door?
I think we should split up and surround the building. I know it sounds
little dangerous, but I if someone gets caught, those who are not, can
rescue them. Then we are not putting everyone at risk of being caught."
said Peter. He looked at Loika. Hopefully she was coming to join them soon

more_horiz
Shikon hated to admit it, but Peter was right. "We can't split up. There are too many of them for us to split up." Shikon looked out the window as a New York cop walked by. "That's it! We need someone else on the inside. What we do is we act as if one of us has captured the other. When an officer comes outside to take them in we simply knock them out, and take their clothes. Then we can easily get in by letting the others open the doors. Me and someone else can fry the surveillance arounf the front door. The only people who can't be the fakers are Lakai, and I seeing as the M.R.D. have seen us before. This plan though keeps everyone safe for the most part, and if we need to the impostor can unlock the armory, and we can destroy that as well." Shikon's mind went into overdrive thinking of all the possibilities that could happen. He was certain nine times out of ten no one would be injured, or killed. Hang on Malzahar. We're coming for you he thought as he went through a few more possibilities.

more_horiz
OOC: Anyone else notice in all of our pics we all ( except for eve) have our arms crossed. We are so badass.

IC: Loika took a minute in the kitchen to gather herself. She didnt know why she let Peter get her so rattled. She scooted into the employee bathroom for a few minutes of privacy and splashed some cold water on her face. She looked at herself in the mirror. How long had she been at the school? She felt so much older. It felt like just yesterday she was terrified of every person who looked at her. Peter used to playfully tease her to rile her up. Those had been fun days.

She shook it off and blew her nose. She wiped the few tears that escaped and took a few deep breaths. She was ready. She left the employee bathroom and ran into the owner, Mel. Mel smiled at her. " Go ahead and take the rest of the day off kiddo. Dont tell the missus ill still pay you for the full time. You work too much. Go spend time with your friends." Mel was a sweet older man. She gave him a big hug. " Thanks Mel." He patted her on the back and sent her out of the kitchen.

Loika joined the others. The booth was full with Kas, eve, Shikon, and Lakai. She took off her apron and set it on the table next to the booth and scooted a chair next to Peter. She stayed quiet as everyone talked strategies. She took peter's arm and wrapped it around her, mumbling something about being cold. She rested her head on him and listened to the planning. " I can be the decoy." She said before Peter could stop her.

more_horiz
Kas sat quietly while arguments erupted, glancing back and forth between the persons talking, and sipping the coffee that had cooled to a tolerable temp with a little touch of the unseen pulling the heat off the surface of the mug.
Loika's suggestion didn't sound too bad. She was the fastest to heal out of the entire bunch.
He glanced at Eve, wondering what she thought about all of this before finally speaking up.

"I think I could pull off 'capturing' her, then we could let the rest of you all in through the front.."
He shrugged, and went back to being silent, letting the others further debate the point. Either way, Kas didn't seem ruffled with the situation. It seemed like the most logical conclusion to him letting the two lab-rats go into this environment first. Though if someone had a better idea, he wasn't about to argue.

more_horiz
Eve sat there watching with a bored look as everyone was arguing.
Why couldn't they do a job correctly without killing each other?
She sat there listening as an idea was stated,then soon after,there was a war going on between them.Peter was shouting at Loika,and Loika was shouting back.Lakai was popping into all of this,while Shikon was trying to keep everything under control.She rolled her eyes and leaned her head back groaning.All these was giving her a headache.

She saw Kas glance at her from the corner of her eye,and she raised an eyebrow.
She was ready to ask him if he had an idea,when,as if he had read her mind,spoke up.
"I think I could pull off 'capturing' her, then we could let the rest of you all in through the front.."
Eve raised an eyebrow as he was finished.How could he be that foolish?
She sat up and looked over at Kas.
"I don't think it'll work...you can't fool them that easily..they will recognize you are not a M.R.D. Member Kas.They are humans..not stupid.",she said,though she didn't have a better idea.
"As far as I get to kick some asses,I don't care how we're going in there..."

more_horiz
Shikon had had enough. He stood up. "Excuse me for a moment everyone." He then walked over to the other end of the diner and put his forehead against the wall. He was mumbling to himself. "Dammit. Why is everything always against me? Can I catch a break for once?" He was on the brink of breaking down in the diner.

more_horiz
Peter looked at everyone. "We need someone who can disguise as an M.R.D and the only person I know is Rachel. We can ask her to pull off the whole 'capturing her' act." said Peter, "And I know she's a pro at that." He didn't know whether Rachel would even agree to do it and if she could even come. Plus, he didn't know where to look for her. For all Peter knew Rachel could be in another country. "But...I have no idea where she is at. If we can't compromise, I say we go through the front door. Element of surprise."

more_horiz
Shrugging at Eve's determination that he didn't have what it takes to fool MRD agents, he continued listening. After Shikon left the table and Peter went back to the original idea, Kas sighed lightly.
"If you want a compromise; then maybe the majority should go for the front gates, while one or two take another way in. The front-liners can make a distraction, while the ones sneaking around can locate Mal. We all regroup, and everyone gets the hell out."
This 'playing well with others' idea was beginning to sour already. Kas was used to working alone, and working with people who doubted he had any skill and couldn't cooperate was going to get them all captured or killed.
Kas silently made a resolution that if shit went bad, he was going to make sure the people he cared about were out.. and the rest of them would just have to eat their own words.

more_horiz
Lakai barely heard a word anyone was saying. She was surrounded by freaking infantile idiots. This was serious. She scooted out of the booth and made it a point of walking between Peter and Loika. She scooted Loika's chair away from peter and walked right through them with attitude.

She made her way to Shikon. She turned him around slowly and looked him in the eyes. He was breaking. She reached up and stroked his cheek. " We are gunna get him out baby." She kissed him softly on the lips. " We have a group of people to lead that wouldnt fight together otherwise. They are like stupid sheep. They need a shepherd. You can do this. I believe in you." she pulled him close and hugged him tight.

more_horiz
Shikon wasn't really sure what to do anymore. Then Lakai turned him around. She always knew what to say to cheer him up. Although the kiss helped a lot more. He kissed her back and smiled at her. "I know babe. I'm just so frustrated. I'm not sure what to do. No one is listening to me." Just then Shikon's phone vibrated in his pocket. He reached into his jacket and pulled out his phone. There was the symbol for one text. It read: Tomorrow. 10:30 A.M. Detention Center. The number was blocked, but some how he knew it was Jemson doing what he did best. Shikon smirked, and grabbed Lakai's hand and walked back to the table.

more_horiz
Lakai marched back up to the table with Shikon. She held his hand tightly and looked at the arguing babies. " Alright. ALL of you listen up. We asked you here to help on a mission. A very important one. There will be no more arguing. No more BOSSING." She gave peter a look. " You will listen to what Shikon has to say. GOT IT?"

She stared everyone at the table down with her blue and green eyes. She could be a bitch and she could be fierce. She slipped her good arm around Shikon and smiled up at him sweetly as a kitten. " All yours baby."

more_horiz
Shikon smiled at Lakai. She certainly has a way of getting people's attention no doubt he thought as popped his knuckles. "Thank you my dear. Alright this is how it's going to work. I've got a man on the inside, I'm telling who, just know that he has our backs. I've known him since we were children. He told me to have everyone at the Detention Center tomorrow. 10:30 Sharp. He didn't specify exactly what he would do, but we have to trust him. We'll be going right through the front door. Kill if you have to. If you can subdue them without death fine. Do whatever you like so long as we get Malzahar, and if possible any other mutants out." Shikon felt tired all of a sudden. The strain from the last few days was finally getting to him. His eyes had dark bags under them from lack of sleep, and he felt weak all the time. This is no time for weakness now he thought as he began to speak again. "This is the way things are going to be. Does anyone have any questions? If so speak up now."

more_horiz
"All yours baby." he mocked Lakai as she took sudden charge. "I take no orders from Brotherhood. Like I said, I am only here to look out after Loika." said Peter. He found it rather amusing how Shikon was about to kick Peter's ass few minutes ago and now he couldn't keep it together. Did the big bad wolf lost his courage? He knew that someone on the inside must be his friend he just called Malzahar. What the hell kind of name was that? Peter looked at Loika and he could tell she wasn't happy. Maybe when he splits up from the group, he could talk to her then, away from everyone. Peter didn't have any questions about the plan because he didn't care what happened, he only wanted to protect Loika.

more_horiz
Loika was still trying to get over how rude Lakai was. Was Peter and Lakai ever going to get over whatever stupidness was between them. She rubbed her temple tiredly. She never got sick and she never had headaches but she felt like she was starting to get a headache from all of the fighting. She slipped off the heels that were a standard part of the uniform at the diner and rubbed her feet. " Lakai... just cool it." She said tiredly. " Lets all get some good rest and good food before tomorow."

more_horiz
"I second that idea.."
Since the plans were evidently taken care of, Kas was more than ready to leave some of the present company.
He didn't know if he would actually get any sleep tonight, but food sounded like a brilliant notion, considering all of the smells of the restaurant surrounding them.
Kas looked to Eve, wondering if she had anything to add or a question for her frayed-looking Brotherhood bossman.

more_horiz
"Loika is right. Everyone get some rest, and don't forget 10:30 sharp." Shikon stood up. "Lakai you can stay if you want to. I'm going back to the mansion to sleep. Haven't slept in a few nights." He smiled at Lakai. "Well later everyone." Shikon smiled at everyone else and started for the door. He was right next to it when the pain in his leg grabbed hold of him, and sent him to the floor on his knees gasping for breath. After he started breathing again he noticed that he was sweating. Rachel was his only thought. It was all her fault.

more_horiz
Peter looked at Loika again. It seems he's been starring at her for the past 30 minutes. But he didn't care, he just needed to talk to her. It was very unlike of her to just get up and leave and he wanted to know why. She still haven't told him yet, but when everyone leaves, maybe whisker her away and talk to her. If he manages that today, tomorrow will be more easier for him. Then he'll just have to concentrate on the mission and not the constant thought of her being in danger or the talk they didn't have.

As he turned to get up, Peter saw Shikon drop to the ground like a sack of potatoes. It nearly made him laugh, but he buried that laugh deep within himself and stood starring at the guy. "You alright?" asked Peter as if he cared, but he didn't.

more_horiz
Loika was tired. She looked tired. She was balancing school, work, and taking care of Mackenzie. Her hormones and emotions seemed to be going all haywire lately. She enjoying a few minutes of not constantly moving. She had invited everyone over for dinner tonight. Maybe everyone could relax and get some rest before tomorow.

She was deciding on what to attempt to cook when she heard Shikon hit the floor. Her mind raced back to reality and rushed over to Shikon. Rachel and beat him up pretty good from what Lakai had told her. " Shikon are you alright?" She tried to see if he was in any real danger. A few customers looked on but she waved them off. " Old high school football injury. Hes fine!" She said to get them back to their meals.

more_horiz
Lakai was at the counter getting a coke to-go. She needed sleep as much as Shikon did. She had been sitting up with him lately. She heard Shikon fall before she saw him. Then she heard her sister. She loved her sister but she didnt want her touching Shikon much less making excuses for him.

She was across the diner in an instant. She shoved Loika away from Shikon, knocking her on her butt. " Get back from him hes fine." She snapped. She didnt want him going tomorow but she knew she couldnt stop him. She knew he was in pain and she had to get him home. She put his arm over her shoulder and helped him to his feet. " Its okay baby just lean on me. I'll get you home." She was totally focused on Shikon.

more_horiz
Shikon glared over at Peter, and let himself be helped up by Lakia. He was angry at himself. He had shown weakness around them, and wasn't good. The weak don't lead the group. "Leave me alone. I'm fine. I just need rest that's all. As soon as I get to the mansion I'll be fine." Shikon smirked again. Tomorrow should be interesting he thought as he grabbed Lakai's hand and walked to the door. "Bye everyone." Shikon whispered just so Lakai could hear "Lets go take a nap. I'm tired as hell babe." he smiled at Lakai, and opened the door for her to go through first.

more_horiz
"HEY, WATCH WHO YOU'RE PUSHING, DAMN IT!" said Peter loudly. Loud enough for other customers to hear him. He went up to Loika and helped her out as he made a steak knife hover over Lakai's neck. He then looked at Loika, not saying anything. But for some reason he knew she could understand him, she didn't need to be a mind reader to know what he planned on doing. He's been holding his power for some time and now he was ready to let it rip the people who pissed him off this evening. Peter moved the knife closer to Lakai's neck, making sure the knife doesn't touch her skin.

No wonder Brotherhood was the most hated "gang" ever. They couldn't do squat right. If it wasn't for their clumsiness they wouldn't have to organize this charade, poor ass excuse for a mission.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum