X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Meeting Of Powers (PG)

descriptionCompleteRe: Meeting Of Powers (PG)

more_horiz
Shikon saw what Peter was doing, and his rage almost took over but he stayed calm. He held his hand, and used his powers. As tiring as it was he managed to melt the metal of the knife. Shikon's voice became cold and lifeless, and his eyes turned ice blue"I don't care if Loika loves you, or if you are the father of her child. If you ever threaten Lakai again. I'll kill you." Shikon meant his threat no one harmed Lakai, or else they died. "They are sisters thing like this will happen. Do not ever threaten her again. I may not be on my game today, but that doesn't mean I can't kill you here and now." Shikon opened the door more, and looked at Lakai waiting. He didn't want to be here any longer.

more_horiz
Lakai smirked at Peter the entire time he had the knife at her throat. " Do it. She may be having fun playing house with you know but you will just be her baby daddy. I'll always be her sister. We will have a bond you will never come close to. Blood is thicker than..... well you get the idea." She laughed very softly when he held the knife closer. " You're just mad because im something you cant control."

She was almost dissapointed when Shikon melted the knife. She wanted a fight with Peter. He was a proud pompus ass that thought he could control Loika. She wanted to kick the ass of the man that stole her sister's heart, affection, and time. But alas she needed to get Shikon home for rest. This rescue was already going to take everything they had. She glanced at her sister quickly and then walked out ahead of Shikon.

more_horiz
Loika wasnt hurt when Lakai shoved her. It would have taken more than that. She knew Lakai could be over protective of Shikon. She understood that bond with her mate. She also knew Peter could be over protective too. She knew he would react but she wasnt expecting him to yell in the diner and emberass her in front of customers she saw on a regular basis. She could feel her cheeks flush red in emberassment. They became redder when he held a knife to her sister.

" Lakai, just take Shikon and go..." She mumbled softly. She was going to have explaining to do later to her boss. As she watched Shikon and Lakai leave she picked up her heels she had taken off earlier during the "meeting". She didnt like people looking at her to begin with and now she felt stares from the diner. She grabbed her apron off of the table and forced a smile. " S-sorry everyone. A little misunderstanding. Go back to your meals."

more_horiz
Peter watched as his metal knife melted to a pile of liquid. It wasn't cool, but he was never going to hurt Lakai. She wasn't worth his time, he had better things to do than chase after a bitch like her. He listed to everything she said and then watched her leave. "You're just mad because I am something you can't control." Peter mimicked Lakai in a worst way possible. "Who the hell would want to control you? Oh wait, the crazy bastard lunatic, Shikon...that's who." Once Lakai went through the door, Peter flipped both of them. "Yappie-ka-yay, motherfuckers!" he growled as he turned to look at Loika. Since everyone was leaving, Peter could talk to her.

"Loika, hold up." he said as he raced after her. Without touching her stood in front of her. "You still owe explanation as to why you left when I walked in. I am sick and tired of fighting, just tell me already."

more_horiz
Sitting quietly and observing without comment, Kas finally let out a breath he'd been holding as Lakai and Shikon exited.
He didn't like the looks of this at all. These people were more likely to tear each other apart than protect any hostages.. Hopefully this impression wouldn't stand, and tomorrow they would have thier game faces on.
Hanging his head as he looked at the touchscreen of his phone, Kas read the time and watched Loika awkwardly making excuses to please the patrons of the diner who were rubbernecking at the goings-on.
Disregarding whatever anyone might have thought about it, Kas began to touch the interior of the restaurant with his gift. It wasn't as if anyone could see what he did, anyway.
Oxygen slowly leaked out of the air. People started yawning, thier minds growing fuzzy.
Kas stared down at his phone unassumingly, shaking his head.

Tomorrow would tell whether his skills were up to snuff. Infiltration was his speciality. Kas was made for getting inside, and achieving his objective. His life in the process didn't mean anything, as long as the mission was sucessful.
Tomorrow was something different, however.
There was a big difference that would test his resolve in an unforseen way.
Now there was some meaning in his life. Someone whose time he wanted to share.
Rather than being reckless, he had to try doing this with the mindset of getting back out alive.
Not that it had been impossible before, obviously.. but it was problematic.

Kas looked up as Peter hollered the words of a die-hard deviant, and flipped the bird at his lover's sister and her boyfriend.
Arching an eyebrow, his sky-blue eyes lingered on Peter for a minute as he demanded Loika tell him what her problem was.
Nobody really brought it to Kelly's attention that eavesdropping a conversation wasn't exactly a polite thing to do. He could figure out what people were saying in three different languages from rooms away, simply by the vibrations and span of breath they used to form words. Whether they liked it or not, Kas was curious about thier argument.
What was the real problem? Could they reach a compromise?
Some warped part of him wondered what would happen if Eve and he got into a real dispute. Loika and Peter provided something to compare to.

more_horiz
Loika looked tired and defeated. " Im tough peter, but im also tender and emotional right now. Not physically. Emotionally. We seem to fight alot lately or I feel like you just dismiss my feelings." She hesitantly looked up picking at the apron she was holding.

" Do you hate me for having Mackie?" This was the big thing that had been bothering her but she'd been too much of coward to say anything. Having a baby left you pretty much a hormonal wreck for a while. She prayed with everything that Peter didnt loose it on her for asking that. He seemed to get mad at her for stuff easily, or so it felt that way.

more_horiz
Peter looked at Loika with sad eyes. "No I am not mad at you for having Mackie." said Peter. "I know none of us could have anticipated this, but..." he hesitated thinking of a perfect word. "...I think she makes me happier. It's like I am someone else around her. Now, I don't know if it's me speaking or her messing with my mind, but I have never regretted the day she was born."

Peter pushed his hair back with his hand. "I don't know what's been going on with me lately. I don't feel like myself, and that crazy idiot...the boyfriend of your sister, AND...including your sister, having been very understanding of the situation." said Peter. "I am sorry if I have dismissed your feelings." He took a seat at the table and tried to make Loika sit as well. "Tell me everything that bothers you, I am listening."

more_horiz
Eve was looking at everyone either fighting,or yelling.She remained calm,and shrugged at everything.What could she do?
Get involved and probably get caught in a fight and end up with a black eye?
Nuh-huh.She would sit there and watch as this show was going on.
She couldn't help but find it a little funny.

But when Peter was ready to hurt Lakai,she was ready to hurt him badly,but Shikon acted first,melting the knife.
She shook her head and scowled.So now he was a killer too?
She got up,and sighed,watching Loika trying to calm down everyone,while the others were fighting.

"I'm out...",she said and turned around towards the door.
The headache was getting worse and she would sure need a nice hot shower to calm down.
Everything was so stressing.As she reached the door,she glanced back at the table and shook her head,before exiting the Diner.

more_horiz
Kas didn't do anything more than give a small smile and nodded as Eve looked back to the table before leaving. She'd been quiet most of the time. He guessed that maybe she needed some space. At any rate, he would text her later, ask how she was doing.
He couldn't help feeling a little responsible for her wanting to leave.
Around others people he didn't know, she just didn't get the same person as when they were alone. He barely smiled, and seemed placid most of the time. Even Lakai and Peter's stupid antics barely got any response.
The diner patrons were all drowsy and content, though. Many of them were unable to concentrate, and wouldn't remember the faces of the group of young people that were doing strange things.
Kas sighed and put his head down on the table, shutting his eyes a minute.
Tomorrow was going to suck.

more_horiz
Loika rubbed her temples and hesistantly sat down. It was hard for her to express into words how she felt. Tired? Emotionally worn? Stressed? Alone? She couldnt place her finger on it. It was a combination. " Its hard to explain how i feel Peter because i dont even understand how I feel. We have been so distant with eachother lately. Having you around... it makes my life so much brighter. You help me feel normal. Human."

She reached across the table and stroked his cheek gently, smiling softly when she felt the stubble on his cheek. "I feel alot better since you have said that. I was waiting for you to be done with me now that there was a kid in the picture. " She slowly took her hand back and ran her fingers through her hair. " Especially a kid with talents like Mackenzie. She already takes so much work. Shes going to take more when she realizes her full ability. I stress and worry about how im going to protect her from herself, much less the MRD or anytone else. Im... so tired Peter." It was the truth too. She was worn out.

more_horiz
Peter shook his head, he had nothing else to say to Loika. "I know it's hard, but things are always worse before they get better." said Peter. He just wanted to go home. Besides, it wasn't for everyone's ears to hear. He was tired and Loika was probably as well. "Let's just go home and sort it all out later. I am tired and I just want to go to bed." He stood up.

more_horiz
Loika nodded and slipped her heels on. She had to get that off of her chest. She only hoped it didnt upset Peter in the process. She picked up her apron and looked around. She remembered she didnt bring a coat to work this morning. She had run out the door to get to work on time.

She slipped her arm through his and smiled. " My big manly hero. Lets go home. Kas and Eve are coming over for dinner later."

more_horiz
Kas stayed a little while longer, watching everyone else leave. He had alot to think about, and sitting in the diner provided a place for it. Going home right away wouldn't promote any concentration. Between his 'housepet' and all of the maintainence on his equipment he knew needed to be done, Kelly's time was better spent here for the moment. He was still listening to the conversations in the room, making certain no one was pressing for information about the group of young people that had been gathered at this table.
After a little more coffee, he would leave a nice tip for the waitress that took over in Loika's stead, and slip out quietly.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum