X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Let's Raise Some Hell (MH15)

descriptionCompleteRe: Let's Raise Some Hell (MH15)

more_horiz
Archangel turned and faced him.I drummed his fingers on the mask apon his face. He decided that he might as well go over. Dragon slowly stood. He tucked his chair in and cracked his neck, before approching. Dragon was reasonbly calm, which was strange. He realised he knew more people than he accounted for. Good. He walked to Niko and extended his hand to shake it. "You have a brother? Thats nice. I miss my brothers"

more_horiz
April stopped while others continued to dance and pass her by as someone that had a little too much to drink. Hugging into herself, the brunette shuffled off the dance floor. She didn't have to wait long before the Storm Trooper broke through the crowd and briskly walked up to her, seizing her slender wrist and pulling her along with him.

"It looks like you've done a passable job so far.." the Trooper grumbled, going quickly from patronizing to outright scathing. "but this isn't over yet. Are you ready? You aren't going to scream are you?"

While she listened to the Storm Trooper have a little bitchfest, the girl was still strangely silent and glassy-eyed. They headed for the rear exit, taking it slow as April struggled with the stairs and the Trooper loudly complained.
Near the back of the huge banquet/dance hall, the two Star Wars icons stopped for a moment and waited while they were joined by a small group of Resident Evil characters. They traded reports, and confirmed that everything was good to go. April looked upon the many ficticious faces behind her and sighed deeply, watching the faces blur as tears began to cloud her eyes.

"I've already got a headache from this graceless lowbrow party. Let's get this over with!"
April failed to aknowledge, and the Trooper closed in on April, roughly taking a handful of hair and turning her face toward his.
"You stick to the plan, do you hear me?"

The group moved on, slipping out the back door. Outside, Leon S. Kennedy handed a simple remote control over to the Storm Trooper.
"I'll give you a five second head start." He relayed, then the entire group turned to April. "This has to look believable."

"I thought you wanted to get this over with?" April sassed, shivering as she stood her ground.
Jill Valentine shrugged, and without further warning punched the other girl squarely in the face. April stumbled back, hitting the wall but staying standing. She laughed through the dripping hand now holding what she was sure was a broken nose.
"You hit like a little bitch!" Cocking back her free hand, she gave the zombieslayer a black eye to remember before the Storm Trooper yelled out.

"Five!"

Two of the Resident Evildoers took off running into the darkened downtown alley.

"Four!"

Jill gave April a contemptous look as she removed her hand from her eye and dropped into a combative stance, ready to take another peice out of the shivering girl.

"THREE!"

After a tense second standoff, Jill finally turned and began to run.
The Storm Trooper shook his head.

"Two." He said plainly, barely loud enough for April to hear.
Closing her snow-white eyes, April waited for that inevitable last second to tick by..

Nearly as soon as the Trooper's thumb hit the button, gray smoke fogged the interior of the building.
It could have been easily taken for another decoratory effect of the evening; at least until it entered the systems of those with the X-gene..

Then it would have an effect an unfortunate few had already gotten a taste of.
The 'Cure' in vapor form wasn't permanent, but it could certainly offend the majority of folks at the party, especially those already reveling in the newfound expansion of their powers through April's own touch.

more_horiz
Rachel wasn't dancing with everyone else, she couldn't get loose enough. Maybe she should be drinking now, more then ever. Kyle seemed to have fun with another kid whom she has been watching for quiet sometime. This party was going smoothly so far, she was not going to leave so soon. After all the night hunting she does everyday, Rachel could use a break. 

A girl walked by her and brushed against her arm. Not giving much thought to it, she shrugged it off and continued watching her little Iron Man and Superman with him. Music was blasting so loud, it made her sway on a spot. Rachel wasn't sure what was happening to her. She was turning into someone she never meant to be. She was supposed to be a cold, ruthless killer. Now she was a soft, fuzzy kitten. She had to break away from that habbit, but now that she got Kyle it was going to be even harder then ever. 

A gray smoke began to fall down to the ground, Rachel smirked to herself. They sure outdid themselves at this party. It was this kind of events that should be picked out everyday for mutant community where they all can dance and have fun without being prosecuted.

more_horiz
Niko was moving towards Allayne and Nat with Dragon in tow. He saw the commotion with 'Princess Leia' and the 'Stormtrooper', thinking he was in a cosplay more than a masquerade ball. With all the mutants present, he would've thought there would be more promoters of the Anti-Mutant riots. Why AREN'T there any supporters? he thought curiously.

The whole of the ball started to fill with fog, and Niko smiled to himself as he entered the mist. Whoever is paying for this really has decided...?

Niko felt himself depower unwillingly. He knew what that meant, as he's seen M.R.D. troops depower hostile targets with Cure bullets. Without raising a panic, Niko turned to Dragon and told him to grab the AoE and gear up with whatever they had. In a whisper, Niko said "They're depowering us, so we need to stay as a team. Meet me and Niko by my brother in the Army of Two mask."

After telling Dragon what was happening, Niko started making his way to Nat and Axe to tell them what he felt.

more_horiz
Luka was being a wallflower at the party.

He wasn't talking to anyone or nothing. He made himself believe he was, indeed, a loner. But he knew that wasn't true. Luka was about to leave when the smoke came out. He started coughing but it was nice. As he went out the door to leave, he went in his lift off pose and jumped into the sky. As soon as he was above clouds, he stopped flying. "WHAT THE HELL!" He screamed as he made his way down to the club. The club had 4 nightlights at the top and were gonna be his surprise re-entrance to the party. He crashed through the window with cuts and bruises, however he wasn't unconscious. He heard a cliché crowd gasp at his "dead" body. Just to make sure nobody had a heartattack, he got upwards, barely able to stand up. "Im ok!" He yelled with his hands up.

He had heard peoples thoughts and they were wondering who he was. "I'm... Your..." He struggled. "Im Party Entertainment!" He cheered, and the crowd went wild with clapping.

more_horiz
Eris looked up to see smoke coming from the ceiling. Looking at Niko whispering to Dragon, she backed away into someone causing them to spill their drink. ''Oh shit sorry...'' She mumbled and rushed to the bathroom to dry herself off with her powers. Clicking her fingers, only sparks emitted and she kept doing so until she got frustrated and punched the mirror. It shattered and shards went into her hand. ''Brilliant!'' She cries out and takes out the shards, watching her blood pour out of her knuckles.

Growling, Eris turned around to see a woman unconscious on the floor. Drunks... She noted, remembering her time at the club. Staring at her costume, she rips the end of the woman's dress and wrapped it around her hand to cover the wounds. Rushing back out, she sees a man claim he's party entertainment. ''The hell did i miss?'' She mutters and walks towards him seeing he's barely able to stand. ''Perhaps it's best if ya sit down...'' She whispers into his ear pointing to some chairs whilst looking up at the smoke. It didn't settle right in her throat and she began coughing. ''Damn this smoke...'' Eris growled and ordered a shot. Downing it, she looked back at the man. ''You okay?'' She asks, staring at the cuts and bruises.

more_horiz
Niko was enjoying his time with Nat and Isabella had just made her way over to join, when he noticed the music lost its color. The Chromesthesia which had been a part of his life since he could remember shut off. Immediately, he tried to produce a few strobes and constructs, without success. Shit!, he thought in a mad temper.

Did Jason know yet? How about that Amy Wood chick and her lil' dude Kyle? That kid was NOT getting hurt! Allayne looked for Niko, who'd lost his Phantom effect an was talking to another masked person. When Niko started heading back towards the group, Allayne pulled Natalie in like he was dancing still and whispered to both of the girls "We've just been depowered." He needed to get to Jason, but he didn't know how to effectively do it.

"Isa, dance towards Mr. Andrews and tell him Mr. Earheart would like a word with him please?" he asked, trying to sound casual. "Natalie, I need you to get that lady and cute little kid, please. Take Niko with you!" He thought further along. I need to get to Gambit as well.

He had made a spectacle of himself earlier, so whoever put this trap together would see him as just a simple show-pony; not a big-hitter like the other mutants. Allayne felt the inner pockets for his batons, ready to lay down his life for his charges.

more_horiz
Jason kept on dancing with Sara. He looked around and started to notice an unusual unrest among the crowd. Was this part of the ball? Or was it something else? When gray smoke begun to pour down to the ground, Jason became more aware that it was probably the smoke that caused all this commotion. It's probably not going to last forever. After all, they wouldn't want their guests to be covered in this stuff.

Jason turned to Sara, not wanting to alarm her too much. "Hey love," said Jason, smiling at her, making sure she would not freak out. "I don't know if you have noticed yet, but something major is going to happen," he kept on dancing to let everyone know not to freak out. "I am not sure what it is, but as you can see the crowd is growing more and more restless." he said. "Watch out for yourself, this crowd might explode with panic any minute."

more_horiz
Dragon saw the smoke and he sighed as his powers were stolen. Then he became angry. Okay...Game one he thought. He looked at the others and grinned Always prepared. he thought. He walked over to Eris and whispered "stick with me and the rest of AOE, please..." he moved off and approached Niko and whispered in his ear "I have four pistols and two Katana's and my own weapon, give me a shout if you need one" He stood with them he grinned waiting his powers were gone but the fire in his eyes was not.

more_horiz
Eris looked next to her to see Dragon and she nodded. Looking down at the person, she smiled. ''You look alright...'' Handing him a card with a number, she smiled. ''Call me..'' She whispered softly and followed Dragon, listening to him. Smiling at everyone, she tilts her head. ''One moment.'' She mutters.

Reaching into the bottom of her dress. Grabbing hold of the handle, she pulls out an M1911A pistol that was the twin to Archard's as he gave it to her for her birthday. Her name was inscribed on the side. Putting it into Dragon's hand, she goes into her tight bun and undoes it, pulling out the string to a whip. Going into her left boot, she pulls out a unicorn Twin Army knife before going onto her right boot pulling out the hand of the whip. Locking the handle and the sting together, Eris wraps it around her arm and grabs the gun. ''That feels better...The gun was in the most uncomfortable place.'' She smirked, raising her eyebrow before looking around.

more_horiz
Rachel gasped in fright when someone fell through the ceiling onto the ground. She didn't know what was happening, but it was sure as hell was not on entertainment list. There was nothing about falling man or armed mutants. She wasn't even sure about the smoke anymore. Kyle ran up to her and hugged her around the waist. "What's going on, Rach?" he asked. Rachel honestly didn't know what to tell him. But she wasn't going to sugar coat it for him either.

"I honestly don't know," she said, simply disappointed. She knew there could never be a peace between them. Or what if it was caused by other mutants. Those who thought of them as traitors. She was confused. Taking, Kyle's hand, she began to drag him out the door. 
"Kyle, sweetheart," she said, kneeling beside him. "Stephen is going to take you home alright. Whatever you do, do not leave the house." 
"What is going on?" asked Kyle, sounding frightened. 
"Everything is going to be fine." she said as she stood up and Stephan began to drag the boy toward the car. Rachel watched them leave and after a moment, she walked back to the party. On her way there, she shifted into her outfit.

Looking around, she ran up to the guy who fell through the building.  She knelt beside him, "Are you alright, kid?" she asked, noticing it was hard for her to keep up her appearance. She watched her hand as her outfit, simply faded like it was a holographic projection. She now stood in her Halloween outfit again. Shit, she muttered to herself. Something big was going on and she had to find some answers. But where did she go looking for them?

more_horiz
Niko met with Natalie when a man crashed through the skylight! What in the Gods' names is going on?, he thought as they raced to him. Natalie confirmed that Allayne knew about the depowering and to look for the girl and the little boy.

They arrived too late, as the lady they were looking for made it to the fallen man first. Natalie hugged Niko's waist nervously, and Niko spoke quietly to Rachel. "Miss, something is stopping our powers and my brother wants you nearby." he said simply. He looked down at the crashed mutant and thought he'd need help too. "You too." he added as an afterthought.

Mutants all over started noticing their powers blinking out, and that was starting a scene. Niko looked at Natalie and noticed her touch wasn't as cool as it usually was, meaning her blood temperature was warming up.

"Natalie, are you ok?" Niko asked her. She would not be happy about that. With Natalie, the girl Allayne asked to bring over and the guy who fell through the skylight, Niko wondered what the next action was.

more_horiz
Dragon looked around knowing some of his crew where here. He spotted Johnny, Jace, Bruce and Kane. Brilliant, more guns he thought, he signaled them to come over. They quickly moved and joined Dragon Whilst he spoke to Eris "Baby, can I just say, whne you have a gun, I get shivers down my spine, damn you sexy." He turned to Johnny, "You're with me and Eris. Jace, cover Niko, Bruce, you've got Nat, Kane, you see that guy their. His name's Allyane, I got told he's a VIP, protect him." Bruce moved over to Nat and whispered "Archangel ordered me to look after you." Then stood guard with her, Jace did the same with Niko, Kane strolled though and got Allyanes attention and said "Archangel, my Boss told me to look after you, apparently you're a VIP. Do you have a weapon? I have three two pistols and a Katana, would you require one?"
Johnny looked at Eris and smiled "Long time no F***ing see Miss Chaos, how'd ya F***ing doing?"

more_horiz
Eris smirked at Dragon and winked. ''Good to know...I always have one so it makes sense.'' She teases and watches as he sent people to guard the others. Smiling at Natalie, knowing she's angry along with her. Feeling the gaze of Johnny, she turns and her eyes lit up like a child at Christmas. She practically ran towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck. ''Johnny!'' She says into his neck grinning. ''Fuck it's been a long time! I've been good...Still doing the stripper work and the other work. How you been!? Fuck i've missed you!'' Eris releases him from her tight grip after kissing his cheek and grinned, winking at him. Looking around, she rubbed her arms. She always used her Pyrokinesis as a way to warm up her body and now she was cold and angry. Great combo. Eris thought to herself annoyed.

more_horiz
Isabelle had just made her way to the man when he asked her to find Mr. Andrews for him. Due to the circumstances she didn't question it. She danced around, trying to find the man. She usually avoided large crowds such as this, as every time she touched someone she would see bits of their future, not that she could ever make any sense of the images that would flash through her head. She accidentally brushed someone's arm and prepared herself for the blow, but nothing happened. She stood, confused for a moment, then remembered the task at hand.

She spotted Mr. Andrews with his wife, and approached them. "I'm sorry if I'm interrupting, but Mr. Earheart requests a word with you, Mr. Andrews," she said. She wondered what was going on, but part of her didn't want it to stop. She felt so free, which is something she had never felt before.

more_horiz
Jason looked as someone brushed against him. It was Isabella. One of the students at the institute. Things were escalating very fast and Jason assumed automatically that there is going to be a bloodshed. He would've like to avoid things of that nature. It was never so easy, watch someone die. Looking at Sara, "I will be right back, love." he told her reassuringly. There wasn't going to be any killing if it could be avoided by all means.

"Alright, Isabella," said Jason turning to look at the girl once again. "Where do I find this Allayne fella?" Was it the same Allayne guy who just took up a job of teacher at the institute? Maybe he knew something Jason didn't. Soon, he would start scanning people's minds, to see what is actually going on. He didn't need any panic either.

more_horiz
Isabelle nodded as she turned and went back the way she had come. "He was over here," she said as she walked. She turned back for a moment just to ask, "Sir, what is going on?" She then turned back and continued walking, hoping to hear an answer.

She spotted Allayne and walked over to him. "I've found him, sir," she said. She wasn't sure is she should leave them or not, so she just stood there quietly.

more_horiz
Luka shrugged it off at the ladies remark about him falling through the skylight but then he noticed it was Chaos, the girl who was in central park fighting. Luka looked at her and the mutants that surrounded her. "This party is a sham, I went out there and once I started flying, I stopped mid flight. It all started when I inhaled this gas. Go on Chaos, try and use your Electrokinesis."

more_horiz
Looking at Luka and hearing his words, she bit her lip. ''I tried using my fire to dry off...It only caused sparks but i'll try.'' Closing her eyes, she breathed deeply. She felt the electricity but before it was like a tidal wave of shocks running through her body that brought her comfort. It was now like a bee's buzzing when it's flight. It was simply dull. Opening her eyes, they were visibly duller. The gold was more of a hazel, the bright electric blue was now a grey. Stumbling a bit, she straightens up and tightens her blazer over her chest. ''It's that damn smoke...Sonofabitches.'' Eris growled out with frustration. In Eris' eyes, she was nothing without her powers and whoever did this, will pay. Staying close to Luka, Dragon and Johnny, she felt tiny and that made her even more angry.

more_horiz
The Lone Ranger sat alone, knocking back shots of straight bourbon. Loud music and circulating crowds felt like a lullabye to the Vegas native, and Kelly sat still so long that it was even questionable if he'd somehow managed to pass out sitting up.
As soon as the slightly spicy-smelling fog clouded the hall, however, he showed at least minimal signs of life.

"I knew there was something crooked about this party.."

Avoiding coming into contact with the blanket of smoke, a clear space of air stayed surrounding Kas like a bubble. He finished off the contents of the tiny glass, and got up from his seat, but didn't leave quiet yet. While watching the crowd as movement began to change from dancing to wandering, he glanced over to Natasha and smiled, tipping his hat to her.

"Looks like a mighty fine time ta hit the ole dusty trail."
The little blonde didn't look like she wanted to be here anyway..
"Silver's got room for one more. I'd be a lop-eared coyote if I didn't offer a damsel in distress a lift home.."
Fishing for a hopefully positive answer, Kas anxiously scanned the crowd. It didn't seem like trouble was starting yet, but now was the time to leave before it did; and the more that left as well, the better.

more_horiz
Allayne was being watched over by one of Niko's group. That reassured him, but he knew there was no target as of yet. All the guns would do at this point would be to arouse suspicion. Allayne asked his shadow if he could hide the arms, and be ready with blades, if it came to it. No need to tip off the ones causing the mayhem. If this were a permanent dosage of that experimental 'Cure', everyone here would be dead by now. No, they were part of an experiment, and Allayne wanted to know why.

Allayne had his batons at the ready within his jacket sleeves, and started a scan around the area. He called over Niko and told them all to keep inconspicuous for the time being, and act as surprised as anyone else was. "Stay smart. Keep sparse. Watch the women. Ask your teammate for a blade for each girl. Watch for sudden movements, moving panels, and people not from the Ball.

Allayne saw Isa return with Mr. Andrews. He turned to Isa. "Be a dear and hang out with my little brother Niko. He's over there.", he said, pointing towards the group. Niko would watch out for her. Turning to Jason, Allayne was very level-headed. "Mr. Andrews, I think the fog has a version of the Cure, and they are testing us somehow." As soon as he stated that, a thought surfaced. "It's possible this is a study on social behavior, but I think we could be in danger."

more_horiz
Natasha pulled her mask off. She didnt feel right. She tried to use her energy to charge the mask in her hand. Her powers were similar to gambit. The mask faintly glowed then stopped. She was starting to feel sick as well. She looked quickly in her purse. She remembered Lakai dumping the energy bars and injector pen out of her purse saying she didnt need them. She nodded to Kas. " Yes Natasha need to leave please." She was shivering a little.

more_horiz
Sara watched Jason walk away anxiously. She didnt have to be telepathic to see what he was talking about. the people at the party were starting to act off. She lost sight of the students in the crowd. She smiled and pretended everything was okay just as Jason asked.

more_horiz
So it was that same Earheart that was working at Xavier's. Jason remained calm and levelheaded. He realized that whoever was doing this wanted a reaction from the crowd. He turned to look at Allayne. "This is not a study, at least I do not think so." said Jason, looking at Sara. She needed to be aware of what was going on, if she hasn't already. "Is everyone's abilities gone or just some of the people here?" asked Jason. He wanted to make sure that not everyone else was powerless in case they were attacked and some people could defend themselves and others.

"Tell everyone to stay calm. Those who are not aware of what is going on don't need to know it. They'll be fine without that knowledge." Jason scratched his head. "Have you seen anything strange around here? Any commotion?" Someone had to have seen or heard something. But then again, this many people all having fun, couldn't have been paying attention much.

more_horiz
Kane nodded at Axe's comment. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small silver object. Just clenching it tight enough will draw the foldable blade.

Dragon hand searched his pocket doing the same. He gripped both of them loosely and prepared for combat.

Johnny smiled "Been fucking shit up, duh just shooting some weakass humans, just killing and chilling."

Dragon approached Eris and Johnny and smiled "Glad you to have kissed and happied"

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum